Question: How expensive was the Planet Arkadia?How much Money has the CEO invest?

Hello,

can anyone tell me how expensive Planet Arkadia was, how much Money has the CEO invest? How expensive it was to create this planet? I asking, because i want to invest in Arkadia Underground Deeds, but i see the Company is a Pte Ltd in Singapur. Is it possible to see how much Money Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd makes or is it possible to get Informations in intervals?

Why i asking? Becouse something happen he is in Save space but somebody has invest not. AUDs has nothing with Entropia alone, it has to do with the Partner David Dobson.

A Pte Ltd is a Private Limited Company (Pte. Ltd.) That means you can open it in Singapur with SGD 300 (ca. EUR 170) + a litelbit more. Not much and you dont need a notary, Planet Arkadia is the Ceo David Dobson. Go the Company Planet Arkadia pte ltd bankrupt you get nothing back.

Invest in AUD´s means you invest in David Dobson. A Pte Ltd is like in Germany in smalles way a " Ich AG " in bigger size a GmbH that means happens something he dont need sell his Privat Goods. That means his invest from the Pte Ltd is that was he must sacrifice and that is not much. I can bee under 100 Dollar.

So the Information we all need or i need is necessary, becouse it is relevant for the AUDs. I have see David Dobson write in this Forum, maybee he can say a littelbit about Planet Arcadia Pte Ltd.

I don't think that's how AUDs work.. If it was an investment into the company, we would be shareholders and receive reports on how his company is working/fairing..

AUDs and CLDs are nothing more than VIRTUAL Land Deeds which pay back a dividend based on the money spent on the respective areas. Nothing more.. nothing less..

It is how AUDs works, you dont invest in Land Dead, you invest in Produkt from a Company / Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd. The Underground Land Deads are like shares, the art Parts of the Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd / Underground and you get % Money from.

Sry, but nothing more, nothing less? Make my day....

It is how AUDs works, you dont invest in Land Dead, you invest in Produkt from a Company / Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd. The Underground Land Deads are like shares, the art Parts of the Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd / Underground and you get % Money from.

Sry, but nothing more, nothing less? Make my day....

With auds you are investing in the arkadia underground and are taking a share of turnover produced there. The planet is separate. And so is Planet arkadias turnover and expenses and costs. You have no rights with these deeds.

Actually, you will have the right to the tt value of the deeds, if it all goes tits up..! Whether you get that is another matter.

Rgds

Ace

A Pte Ltd is a Private Limited Company (Pte. Ltd.) That means you can open it in Singapur with SGD 300 (ca. EUR 170) + a litelbit more. Not much and you dont need a notary, Planet Arkadia is the Ceo David Dobson. Go the Company Planet Arkadia pte ltd bankrupt you get nothing back.

So the point is i read in this Forum again an again, AUDs are great and nice inestment. But the real think is, you invest in a Privat Company with no Securitys. David Dobson has make a Pte Ltd, becouse something happen, he is save.

I now the Planet Arkadia is seperate, Audis are the Undergraund Land deads, but the Underground Land Deeds are Part of Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd.

If the company behind arkadia goes bankrupt Mindark will take over the planet so i doubt it matters at all for us players what happens to the planet partner companys, if MA goes bankrupt is another story.

Invest in AUD´s means you invest in David Dobson.

You can compare it with owning a land area on Calypso and the management on greater Calypso. AUD is a part of the underground land area; it's not a share of greater Arkadia the way that CLDs are for Calypso.

Actually, you will have the right to the tt value of the deeds, if it all goes tits up..! Whether you get that is another matter.

The TT value of all 200k AUD is 200 ped, shouldn't be a great problem to reimburse $20 :rolleyes:

To the OP: Dave Dobson has zero obligation to you. AUDs are ingame assets, the game belongs to Mindark, and its minimal liability you accept each time you log in to the game by accepting the ToU. Re-read thoroughly it and the EULA. Also re-read what exactly are AUDs, how they work, and how they have absolutely nothing to do (in RL legality terms) with Dobson's company.

I have read this, but it gives me not the Information i need..sry

Well, let me assure you that an AUD is not an investment into a specific company. It is just a cash vehicle within the game with a turn around based on the earning of that area.

If the company behind arkadia goes bankrupt Mindark will take over the planet so i doubt it matters at all for us players what happens to the planet partner companys, if MA goes bankrupt is another story.

What about next island? Or is that another story?

I have no idea whre you are going with this commect, has the company behind NI gone bankrupt or has they just turned there back on it?

What about next island? Or is that another story?

I have no idea whre you are going with this commect, has the company behind NI gone bankrupt or has they just turned there back on it?

Dose anyone really know? It just sits there now, it had some minor work last year when ND moved his land to RT and AG restriction was lifted. How sure are you that if a PP goes bankrupt MA will take over the planet?

It just sits there now,

Means MA took it over. It's still accessible, whoever owned estates there still own them, even though MA could just have the planet removed and suggest to address all the claims to David Post.

Means MA took it over. It's still accessible, whoever owned estates there still own them, even though MA could just have the planet removed and suggest to address all the claims to David Post.

Do we know this for a fact? I have not heard anything or read anything to say this happened. I keep reading players stating stuff and coming up with theory's, but i would really like to see evidence for once.

I have think about it, for my is it not woth to invest in Planet Arkadia pte Ltd and in the Underground Deeds...maybee for other it makes sence for my not.

Takes to long time to get Money back from Invest, it can be 7 Years. You have no rights, no securitys, no Information what happens, no Information how much Money the make, for what the let the Money out, somethimes you get the pecs, maybee something happens like the CLDS at MM and you get nothing.

Thats not a Investment, thats like give Privat People Money and hope everything goes right. And the Privat Man says in you face, sry I am Rich have a Big Villa/Mansion and Pool and a lot of Money, but going this Projekt not or it is a Mistake, i can hold all my Money and you get nothing. Becouse I have a Pte Ltd, that means the Money for the Security is only 0.59 cent to 20.000 Dollar.

Thats my Privat thinking about this. I read many times AUD´s or CLDs are a great Investment. Sry but it is not, its a great risk and gives you really small Money back. Better you save Money and buying with 5k or 10k shares on the stock market and get every Year the dividend.

On the Stock MArket with normal Companys, you get Informations, you get what the earn every Year, you see fast something is not right, you can talk with other People the have invest in the Company. Company must give you Informations and and and. And its a Mistake you can handle it fast, sell it or do something, but with AUDs and CLDs..nope...

I have think about it, for my is it not woth to invest in Planet Arkadia pte Ltd and in the Underground Deeds...maybee for other it makes sence for my not.

Takes to long time to get Money back from Invest, it can be 7 Years. You have no rights, no securitys, no Information what happens, no Information how much Money the make, for what the let the Money out, somethimes you get the pecs, maybee something happens like the CLDS at MM and you get nothing.

Thats not a Investment, thats like give Privat People Money and hope everything goes right. And the Privat Man says in you face, sry I am Rich have a Big Villa/Mansion and Pool and a lot of Money, but going this Projekt not or it is a Mistake, i can hold all my Money and you get nothing. Becouse I have a Pte Ltd, that means the Money for the Security is only 0.59 cent to 20.000 Dollar.

Thats my Privat thinking about this. I read many times AUD´s or CLDs are a great Investment. Sry but it is not, its a great risk and gives you really small Money back. Better you save Money and buying with 5k or 10k shares on the stock market and get every Year the dividend.

On the Stock MArket with normal Companys, you get Informations, you get what the earn every Year, you see fast something is not right, you can talk with other People the have invest in the Company. Company must give you Informations and and and. And its a Mistake you can handle it fast, sell it or do something, but with AUDs and CLDs..nope...

CLD's and AUDs are not shares. Why do you keep comparing them to shares? CLD's and AUDs are like Land areas in game.

And to say CLD's are not a good investment. Payback was 4 years, and are now worth 1.5 times they were at the beginning.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: this is a virtual world....what exactly is it you are expecting?

Yes i agree, it is a super high risk investment and in case mindark goes bancrupt you will get back only what you deposited the last 6 months or less depending how good the liquidator work. Knowing that, you can decide if you want to do it or not. Please dont compare it with the stock market it have nothing to do with stocks and all things that apply to stocks are null and void when it comes to auds. Planet Arkadia has a forum and it has a subforum that is dedicated to AUD's. If you are looking for some official statment this is the place with the highest chance to get a reply.

Takes to long time to get Money back from Invest, it can be 7 Years.
You mean that it takes 7 years to have doubled your investment, if payouts and values stay as now. :wise:
That's quite a different thing.

Your point about security and information is still valid. Just saying.

Yup!! That's why they call this a "GAME"..

If you are looking to invest in a company and receive shares and have all the rights and securities that those shares give you, you can go to Wall St. and do that.. And THAT is definitely not a GAME..

Obviously, you are looking at this as something to try and make a lot of money on (which it's not)..

you can go to Wall St. and do that.. And THAT is definitely not a GAME

based on how much the market goes up and down Wall Street looks more like a game than most other investment opportunities these days, lol.

Instead of asking a bunch of people on the forums, why not go to the source itself?
http://www.entropiaplatform.com/partners/get-your-own-vw-become-a-/
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Planet Partner, please contact us here.

interesting interview video at
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/firstlook/virtual-property/1599106.html

I think most planet partners have signed non-disclosure agreements so that they cannot reveal how much they paid for the planet, but from what I hear through the forums and other websites over the years, there's a rough estimate someone once came up with that most of the PPs cost around a million dollars or so on the lower end, considering up front costs, ongoing costs, overhead costs, etc.

Look up how much money the in game banks had to have up front on pedcards prior to the purchase. If Mindark required that much just for a bank, you can probably guesstimate/speculate how much a full planet might require to have up front.

I've read in multiple places that there's basically a monthly (or quarterly?) rental agreement type
of thing going on on each planet in addition to whatever else they are paying, so each server costs each PP x amount regularly... that's why Cyrene and Rocktropia downsized their servers a lot vs how big their planets were initially. That type of ongoing costs makes the amount paid for the PP a lot more complex than just some random dollar amount.

Go the Company Planet Arkadia pte ltd bankrupt you get nothing back.
Not necessarily...

Remember, if the PP stops participating, Mindark itself will take over the planet... They more or less did that with Next Island... (although there are still lots of things wrong with that planet, lol) and really, they did that with Calypso too, which is why the Calypso Land Deeds came in to existence as the up front money that SEE Digital Studio was going to pay Mindark stopped being paid by SEE...

There is a lot of history mentioned here. If you haven't read up on all of it, go ahead and do some forum searches and googling. :cool:

Side Note. Look up "planet postmoderna" when you are doing those searches... According to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687636980/planet-postmoderna-phase-i he had a 'goal' of 200k, and only received 481.00 from 13 backers...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
Yup!! That's why they call this a "GAME"..

If you are looking to invest in a company and receive shares and have all the rights and securities that those shares give you, you can go to Wall St. and do that.. And THAT is definitely not a GAME..

Obviously, you are looking at this as something to try and make a lot of money on (which it's not)..

I dont looking for something to make a lot of Money and i have shares at the Wall St. and i have also AUDs and in the past also CLDs.

So you mean Invest in AUDs, is not a real investment? Are you sure? You pay with Monopoly Money to buying the AUDs and the CLDs? Or you pay with Dollars or Euros...?

It is a real investment. Why? People invest real Money! The buying parts of a part of a Company with the name Planet Arkadia pte Ltd, thats it!

The other think is, we talking about what AUDs or better what David Dobson with this AUDs presents, and how he save´s his Money and let you drown yourself in Bad times, if things do not work right.

Maybee it i next time better, not to say " Hey invest in AUDs or CLDs " , new Player have the right to now what this thinks are and that the have noo chance to get something from investment back.

Now the Payments of the AUDs are a littelbit better, but normaly you get 1,5 Pec, that menas 7 Years to doubled your investment. In 7 Years it can happens so much ;)

Yes Vedder i have think the right thing but write the wrong, i mean doubled your investment. Thx

Back