Hunting For Profit

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
Mainly a questions here, what happened to profitable hunting? I know very few managed to make hunting profitable, but it seems that markup is truly fucked (especially due to the significantly lower mu on ul items).

Is anyone still hunting profitably (other than smilgs)? What happened to so many ubers/high skill hunters?

I believe Linzey was the last brave one (besides smilgs) to post a log showing longterm TT profit.
He quickly learned the hard way that he was not brave but stupid. Whoever does that instantly becomes a target for the army of the grumpy envious losers.

Smart ppl lay low and never mention their success in public these days...

I believe Linzey was the last brave one (besides smilgs) to post a log showing longterm TT profit.
He quickly learned the hard way that he was not brave but stupid. Whoever does that instantly becomes a target for the army of the grumpy envious losers.

Fair enough, yea, but thats how its always been. Looking on EL I see a number of ubers and big hunters have stopped since merry mayhem. Unless it is common practice to turn off EL?

I mean, MA fucked generic look with shrapnel, then they fucked ul stuff so even big hunters who can take advantage of events/etc to get ul loots will be seeing lower mu and thus lower profits. On top of that there havent been any worthwhile events that involve hunting except the usual MM/such.

Fair enough, yea, but thats how its always been. Looking on EL I see a number of ubers and big hunters have stopped since merry mayhem. Unless it is common practice to turn off EL?

I mean, MA fucked generic look with shrapnel, then they fucked ul stuff so even big hunters who can take advantage of events/etc to get ul loots will be seeing lower mu and thus lower profits. On top of that there havent been any worthwhile events that involve hunting except the usual MM/such.

Shrapnel is fine. Changing up loot tables is fine. Explosives are killing the mu on stuff that people used to consume to gamble. That's a major problem.

Yes.. and people never give those people credit for the times they lose a lot. It's always.. damn that guy looted another ring.. damn that guy just ubered again.. damn that guy just looted another ul item.. but I don't hunt mobs that drop them but deserve one anyway!

Yea I post my TT profit logs and people just bash me.
Hell even guaranteed TT profit methods get hate...

Not really sure why people bash people who manage to profit tbh, i mean look at Smilgs hunting log. While a novice might look at the numbers and see all green and profit they tend to forget this bit

total amount spent on game since November 2010: 147k eur (around 165k usd)
owned ingame stuff value approximation: 1.1M peds (around 98k eur)
total withdraws same time: 100k peds (around 9.5k eur)
hunting balance from November 2010 to December 2012: -130k peds
total tt return since November 2010: 98%

Not to mention the time and effort to extract the profit. I tried to profit running numbers, loot distribution on mob loots but the type of mobs i hunt these days don't drop stuff like esi's ul items but i got very very close to 100%tt on some mobs with the standard drops. It would be interesting to know if the guys who do profit could do it without esi's, ul items, some high mu guns, other items with high mu ie mushrooms etc.

I have a theory that hunting mobs that don't have a mission will result in better returns in the end. I've certainly seen a swing when mobs get a mission and their loot tables get screwed to accommodate the increased hunting i.e. more generic stackables and fewer item drops overall.

Too many expect to do the missions and the daily events and expect to profit :confused: to me those mobs look like MA's cash generators. Unless they've got a resource that can be sold for profit then I'd expect to always lose on them.

Perhaps we / the community is guilty of only looking at the big numbers most of the time. Hunting can be profitable but on a much smaller level (small mobs and with EC and PED). It would require a whole lot of patience and management of items etc on the part of the player, something which I have never been able to handle myself, but I do believe it's possible.

should be possible at all levels , the question is at what dpp do you start getting + in tt

should be possible at all levels , the question is at what dpp do you start getting + in tt
There's no fixed dpp number that guarantees TT profit ofc, but assuming u do everything else right, the break even point seems to be still @ 2.98-3.00 dpp. (Which is quite surprising considering how high the best gear has shifted these days.)

Back