Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Victor 'Brick' Vonn
    Society
    Global Alliance
    Blog Entries
    Images

Avatar Sharing is very clearly NOT allowed and...

Here's the proof:

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/ga...e.php?i=304459

The interesting thing is that this was posted as a terminus in the Merry Mayhem Free For All thread started by Bertha Bot as an official forum thread and once I posted response from support no further posts have occurred after being a very active thread like its being blocked. Is everyone else seeing this thread?

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...r-All-Category

Regardless...this post refutes what so many including forum moderators believe about avatar sharing.

Brick

Dominant
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Alexis Lexi Gale
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brick is right. Taco is right. Serica is wrong. BAM! SLAM! Merry New Valentine's Spring Break!

Brick
    If you keep patting yourself on the back like that you're going to break your arms. Then how will you shake the hands of the head honchos at Mindark for settling such a significant issue?

I give you credit for getting such a fast and definitive response. It leaves me wondering if one less person is working support over at Mindark, and if he or she understood the ToU themselves. In the past, I think answering such a question would have required two board meetings, five vacations, and a trip to Mars.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Venture Industries
    Images
    Read the ToS. Avatar sharing is 100% allowed. Using multiple avatars, so long as they are registered under seperate real people, is also allowed. Ulf <removed> is obviously wrong here.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Venture Industries
    Images
    Whoever wrote that ticket was in error. As it states it is inadvisable but allowed. As also stated in the ToS. READ THE TOS there is no debate here.

FOR GODS SAKE. READ THE TOS. YOU PLAY THIS GAME, READ THE TOS!

IF YOU DID, YOU'D KNOW AVATAR SHARING IS ALLOWED BUT NOT ADVISED DUE TO RISK.

I don't avatar share or anything, but it infuriates me how this is even a discussion. Read the god damn ToS that you lie and say you read EVERY TIME YOU PLAY but have never actually read.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Venture Industries
    Images
    States in ToS CLEARLY that it IS allowed.

You agree to accept personal liability for all actions that occur through Your Account or through the use of Your Login Details, whether done by You or by someone else using Your Account and/or Login Details. You must notify MindArk immediately if You suspect a breach of security or unauthorized use of Your Account and/or Your Login Details. You agree to hold MindArk free from liability for any improper or illegal use of Your Account. This includes illegal or improper use by someone to whom You have given permission to use Your Account. The terms of this agreement shall extend to anyone else using Your Account.

If You should happen to willfully or otherwise reveal Your Login Details, You have relinquished Your right to any assistance regarding the possible outcomes or consequences of Your actions. Your Account may be Banned and/or Terminated if You let someone else use it inappropriately or not in compliance with this paragraph 3.
    The above states it is allowed, however the owner is responsible for any actions done.
    They will ban you if the other person does things that are bannable offensives. Basically you ARE allowed to let others use your account, but you cannot say 'it wasn't me on my account, unban me my brother did it' as they will say it does not matter who uses an account.

No, I checked the thread for a couple of days to see if anyone posted anything new, and nothing. I guess your post slipped past after that.

Well, answer seems clear enough. If anyone wants they can submit another ticket and ask for themselves.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Venture Bros View Post
    Read the ToS. Avatar sharing is 100% allowed. Using multiple avatars, so long as they are registered under seperate real people, is also allowed. Ulf is <removed> obviously wrong here.
    I typically don't post my opinion on this forum but I can't seem to understand how you aren't banned yet? I have only been back for a month and I have never seen so much profanity and abuse from another person on this forum before that has yet to be reprimanded. Just my 2 cents but you have some major anger issues man that you need to sort out. I have read several threads that you have been involved in and you immediately jump down people's throats all the time. Relax its a game and is supposed to be fun. Hope you find your happy place.

Zac
    Last edited by Serica; 01-27-2016 at 23:52. Reason: quote

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Venture Industries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by m0rr0w2 View Post
    I typically don't post my opinion on this forum but I can't seem to understand how you aren't banned yet? I have only been back for a month and I have never seen so much profanity and abuse from another person on this forum before that has yet to be reprimanded. Just my 2 cents but you have some major anger issues man that you need to sort out. I have read several threads that you have been involved in and you immediately jump down people's throats all the time. Relax its a game and is supposed to be fun. Hope you find your happy place.

Zac
    I am having fun. You need to watch more Venture Bros. I am role playing Thaddeus Rusty Venture.

But in all seriousness, and staying on topic (which you very much are not, the reason I am not banned is my posts are all on topic... You should try that...)

States in ToS CLEARLY that it IS allowed.

You agree to accept personal liability for all actions that occur through Your Account or through the use of Your Login Details, whether done by You or by someone else using Your Account and/or Login Details. You must notify MindArk immediately if You suspect a breach of security or unauthorized use of Your Account and/or Your Login Details. You agree to hold MindArk free from liability for any improper or illegal use of Your Account. This includes illegal or improper use by someone to whom You have given permission to use Your Account. The terms of this agreement shall extend to anyone else using Your Account.

If You should happen to willfully or otherwise reveal Your Login Details, You have relinquished Your right to any assistance regarding the possible outcomes or consequences of Your actions. Your Account may be Banned and/or Terminated if You let someone else use it inappropriately or not in compliance with this paragraph 3.
    The above states it is allowed, however the owner is responsible for any actions done.
    They will ban you if the other person does things that are bannable offensives. Basically you ARE allowed to let others use your account, but you cannot say 'it wasn't me on my account, unban me my brother did it' as they will say it does not matter who uses an account.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Venture Industries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon(AJ)Jerrix View Post
    No, I checked the thread for a couple of days to see if anyone posted anything new, and nothing. I guess your post slipped past after that.

Well, answer seems clear enough. If anyone wants they can submit another ticket and ask for themselves.
    Or just read the ToS which CLEARLY states that it IS allowed. You know, the ToS you LEGALLY CONFIRM READING EVERY TIME YOU START THE GAME. BUT HAVE NOT READ ONCE! You are a liar, you lie to entropia every time you start the game. Read the ToS... Or at least this portion I copied and pasted for you, since you like lieing about reading ToS and not doing it. Liar.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Venture Industries
    Images
    To be clear, if you are not 100% sure multiple people on same avatar is allowed, you are legally a liar.

You have lied to MA likely thousands of times, if not more. Every time you click "yes" to reading the ToS.
    If you did read the ToS, even once, you'd know it is 100% allowed.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast