Avatar Sharing is very clearly NOT allowed and...

This question comes up a few times a year.

The answer never really changes. But people do love to split their hairs.

Venture Bros is right, in this thread. He may be a colossal douchebag, and he may often be wrong and err on the side of players doing whatever the hell players want to do no matter what the consequences almost to the point of predictability, but he's right on this topic. The TOU is pretty clear: Share at your own risk.

Disclaimer: I'd never share my avatar. There's too much value in it that could evaporate from one persons bad decision, and I'd rather not be inclined to murder one of my friends. If anyone is going to fuck up my account, it's going to be me!

That is not what it means. This is very similar to the traffic rule which says that even if you give permission for someone that does not have a drivers license to drive your car, YOU are still responsible for what happens.

A little Off-topic story: There is a man in Florida serving a life sentence for letting some of his friends borrow his car. Since, in the commission of a robbery, these people killed someone, and the car was used as a getaway vehicle, without the man's knowledge, he is serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole for premeditated murder. While everyone, even the prosecutor, admits that the man was in bed sleeping at the time.

It doesn't mean that you are allowed to give the permission for someone without a drivers license to drive your car. This is a very common way to formulate rules in an EULA/TOS or even in a law. It is commonly understood without further explanation.

I believe that you are correct. Mindark does not explicitly state that you cannot share avatars, but that does not admit that the opposite is true. They leave themselves enough room to rule arbitrarily.

The only time that I have ever seen Mindark take swift and severe action is when people started using those hunting scripts. With sweat bots running around, it seems that Mindark has more pressing issues than enforcing an obscure condition in the Terms of Use. :)

Ok..We all know by MA about 1 real person and to have more Avatars but what about more real persons about one Avatar.:confused: had MA ever put something about that on print.

I really enjoyed multiboxing in that other fantasy game that starts with a w and ends with a w and has an o in the middle. I had different sets of 5 toons that I ran around with farming instances and doing pvp. You can youtube query multiboxing that game and see lots of setups, I had multiple pcs and monitors running all macroed together, it was a lot of fun :D and allowed by Blizzard. I don't like the idea of people using multiple toons to scam on auction, but I don't really see the issue with running multiple toons to actually play, they all cost ped to run, which goes back into the economy, and isn't that what people want, more ped cycled?

Doesn't say you can't do it.

Says they advise you not too.

Quote taken directly from support cause "it is against the rules". I don't know how people can interpret it any differently.

Having said that support cases have been wrong before.

when someone is saying "it is against the rules", he/she should at least quote the relevant rule. those who have read the ToA know there is no such rule. support also states (my quote from support before) that they will not take action against it, only warning that it is their own responsibility, guess it is pretty clear this thread is useless. but then again, it is pcf :D
Quote taken directly from support cause "it is against the rules". I don't know how people can interpret it any differently.

Having said that support cases have been wrong before.

when someone is saying "it is against the rules", he/she should at least quote the relevant rule. those who have read the ToA know there is no such rule. support also states (my quote from support before) that they will not take action against it, only warning that it is their own responsibility, guess it is pretty clear this thread is useless. but then again, it is pcf :D

i-dont-care-that-i-dont-care.gif

I always go with the newest piece of information given.

I have read many times that support said using alt avatars for auction slots or any other stuffs is not allowed cause allowing unfair adventages over other participants who dont have alts. Multiple ppl playin one avatar is also a big adventage over others imo. Those who admitted of using hired shooters r already making tt profit n pulling even more from lootpool with other ppl playin their acc too. But again, whole hunting profession is built on adventages and disadventages (dpp range overkill skills items).

My point is why is 1 'adventage' is allowed while other is not?
I dont care whether they allow or not but dont twist 'rules' to favour one side of the coin when as mentioned whole game is based on getting adventage over others

EDIT: Most disgusting manifestation of 'twisting' was when some ppl got bck the items that were scammed while the rest of the ppl did not

I was always under the impression that as long as you don't share to create an unfair advantage then it's OK (includes events). I have a copy of a support case about multiple avatars which clearly state the same thing.

I would like that once you all get tired of discussing rules we get back on basic.
And that is - do we wish that developers develop events where players who can play 4 to 6 hours per day have same chances as those who can run their avatar 24/7 and let out discussions about how 24/7 ava is run i.e. by no lifer, by sharing with friends or by using bots or scripts.
What kind of events we want or do we need to suggest separate types of events for hardcore and casual players?

Last edited:
I would like that once you all get tired of discussing rules we get back on basic.
And that is - do we wish that developers develop events where players who can play 4 to 6 hours per day have same chances as those who can run their avatar 24/7 and let out discussions about how 24/7 ava is run i.e. by no lifer, by sharing with friends or by using bots or scripts.
What kind of events we want or do we need to suggest separate types of events for hardcore and casual players?

I support the idea of casual events however rewards should be casual too.Sounds fair to me.It will motivate sweaters to be more active and some dusty avatars to get more active in the week-ends.
Also I support the idea to get longer bans for botters (2 days as it is now sounds like a marketing plan from MA to attract cheaters).Even free games ban you 2 days/2 week/6 months/permaban.Here we see the same people locked and free in the system again.
+rep

I always go with the newest piece of information given.

I would not take anything quoted from MA Support as Gospel over what is stated in the TOU. I know they are trying hard but they are wrong more than they are right. If you are looking for an clarification of the rules, you can do that but if they contradict the TOU, then you have to go with the part the lawyers approved. :wise:

BTW, I personally think this whole thing is a waste of energy. MA is never going to go after an avatar because they may suspect that multiple people are operating the computer.

1. They can never prove it.
2. In the end, they still get the ped so they don't care..

you guy didnt read the news ma is going to rent out avatar 20 dollar a day lv150 and the best gears you can have to go hunt whit that way there you can hunt what you want and go an run event that have no limit on hours so you can run it 24/7 so the only the total counts

just think of the money there going to make

I'm amazed....

...how seemingly capable people can misconstrue the difference between 'being allowed' versus 'not being enforced'. This is the 'not allowed' thread. Take your 'not enforced' conversation to its own thread. I'm with Dan Dan on the event design...and it might be nice to let noncasuals have their own loot pool as messi described and only their rewards come out of their loot pool. Casuals have their loot pool and their reward comes out of theirs...then we see how long heavy grinders go until they're bawling about loot because they're given access to big rewards everyone should have shot at.

Brick

...how seemingly capable people can misconstrue the difference between 'being allowed' versus 'not being enforced'. This is the 'not allowed' thread. Take your 'not enforced' conversation to its own thread. I'm with Dan Dan on the event design...and it might be nice to let noncasuals have their own loot pool as messi described and only their rewards come out of their loot pool. Casuals have their loot pool and their reward comes out of theirs...then we see how long heavy grinders go until they're bawling about loot because they're given access to big rewards everyone should have shot at.

Brick

A simple solution would be to have these events still be 40 hours, but have no more than 4 hours per day allowed.

If the event is run for a month everyone interested would be able to participate, seeing as how only 10 days are needed to complete the event, and there are at least 28 days in every month.

Anyhow I'm not so sure this thread is about avatar sharing being not allowed so much as its about avatar sharing creating a slanted outcome in short term events. Sure, it says avatar sharing not allowed. But the subject seems to be more about events, if you actually read the discussion.

If more than 2 events run in a month, that's fine. The rules would apply separately to both events. Thus still offering a reward to hardcore players, while allowing the rewards to also be attainable by casuals who simply pick 1 event and focus on it.

Brick

But it is allowed. This topic is actually discussing how op as well as ma''s worst support agent are wrong.

But it is allowed. This topic is actually discussing how op as well as ma''s worst support agent are wrong.

You seem awfully fond of belaboring the point, instead of trying to find a common solution. This particular point cant and wont be solved in this thread. He's expressing a point of view that he favors. Fine. Let him. You can either try to get to the core of the issue behind his complaints, or try to beat him over the head with a virtual bludgeon because you prefer to engage in online pissing matches.

And before you try to turn this around, its attitudes like yours, where people are unwilling to actually discuss why and instead prefer to try to point out how stupid they think the other person is, that have made me despise this particular community.

You guys are a collective bunch of asshats. Fond of masturbating your own egos and with almost zero skills in actual constructive discussion. The developers want to deal with you about as much as you want to deal with each other. Which is why you guys get no communication from MA, and why you never will get anything more than tokens from them.

Nothing ever will be solved on these forums. It's pointless to even try, because the moment someone even attempts to discuss a complicated issue all the dogs come barking.

I have no idea why I even keep an account open here, at this point. It's just habit. A rather silly one, now that I think of it.

There's only one reason why I dont cancel right now, and it's not because I enjoy these discussions. I enjoy them about as much as I think I might enjoy a visit to the proctologist.

Last edited:
You seem awfully fond of belaboring the point, instead of trying to find a common solution. This particular point cant and wont be solved in this thread. He's expressing a point of view that he favors. Fine. Let him. You can either try to get to the core of the issue behind his complaints, or try to beat him over the head with a virtual bludgeon because you prefer to engage in online pissing matches.

And before you try to turn this around, its attitudes like yours, where people are unwilling to actually discuss why and instead prefer to try to point out how stupid they think the other person is, that have made me despise this particular community.

You guys are a collective bunch of asshats. Fond of masturbating your own egos and with almost zero skills in actual constructive discussion. The developers want to deal with you about as much as you want to deal with each other. Which is why you guys get no communication from MA, and why you never will get anything more than tokens from them.

Nothing ever will be solved on these forums. It's pointless to even try, because the moment someone even attempts to discuss a complicated issue all the dogs come barking.

I have no idea why I even keep an account open here, at this point. It's just habit. A rather silly one, now that I think of it.

There's only one reason why I dont cancel right now, and it's not because I enjoy these discussions. I enjoy them about as much as I think I might enjoy a visit to the proctologist.

Not defending virulent behavior but perhaps people have stopped being constructive because they know MA has no interest in anyone's opinion and will never read these forums anyway.

Your op says the common opinion is wrong with a support case screenshot and no references to the actual rule behind it ("this post refutes what so many including forum moderators believe about avatar sharing"). And then you get annoyed that people point it out. Doh.
About the events - it is up to the event organizers to make such events to not give 24/7 users unfear advantages e.g. not making long term max global count events with no limitations on time spent. Most of the events I participate in (mayhem like) doesn't allow an unfair advantage in that regard the equipment / skills are winning.

Brick

Last edited:
A realist speaks his mind about a game..

I'm going to jump nm here and see is this possibly clears the air.. or just makes it more smoggy than a Los Angeles Skyline.

First off Let's get down to those Terms of Service (ToS) rules..

You agree to accept personal liability for all actions that occur through Your Account or through the use of Your Login Details, whether done by You or by someone else using Your Account and/or Login Details. You must notify MindArk immediately if You suspect a breach of security or unauthorized use of Your Account and/or Your Login Details. You agree to hold MindArk free from liability for any improper or illegal use of Your Account. This includes illegal or improper use by someone to whom You have given permission to use Your Account. The terms of this agreement shall extend to anyone else using Your Account.

This is a very what I call "Thin Ice' issue and in fact let me explain this..

Now what that bolded and underlined statemen means is that if you gave out your personal information to say a friend, this friend in theory could take control of your avatar.. and could do so without your knowing it.. (In short both parties in this case would ahve to agree to do this.. but a lot of times they don't..

This could cause a bit of loss of reputation as well, as we go into the crux of the Reason why Mindark has the "One Avatar Rule.. and this is why.. and I'm going to spell it out.. in nice bold letters.

The avatar you create will represent you in the Entropia Universe.

It further goes on to state this.

When you start interacting with other avatars, they will get to know you by the appearance and the name of your avatar. Therefore, we do not allow more than one account per user at a given time.

Now what does this mean? This means that you are supposed to create 1 and only 1 account.. This is supposed to represent you (the person behind the avatar) and that when you interact with people that they will get to better know you and understand you. They will see your psotive (or negative ways you act, and above all The avatar in a way represents the person You play.

Abridged story: if you want to act like your normal self, do so, if you want to be anti-social , do so, if you want to be friendly and social do so. The thing is.. You (and in a way You alone) are responsible for your own avatar..

Now on to the more detailed parts.. and why I think MA should actually make it one (and only one) person per account..

Now the question is.. "Why Create more than one account? The answers are quite simple.".

To gain economic advantages..

Which I might add is really frowned upon by Mindark.. After all if this was truly aone account rule per person Mindark would hae to find a way to track everyone either via IP and or credit card (this idea of the creditcard idea was suggested to me (a player ) to be able to track other players..

Now this statement that i jsut said, is a big thing.. And in fact if a person were to create say 2, 3 or more (i've seen as many as 14) , accounts then this is a distinct and absolute economic advantage here..

(your avatar is linked to the way you depo)

yet some of the more "Alluent" people (the rich ones I mean) have multiple creditcards and of coure banks evey so often replace your card (that's why there's that "Good thru (Date) on yorucredit card..

And yes again some people try to create 2, 3 or even 4, acount (in some cases I've sen as many as 14).

The thing is that when we go back to the first part, the part about you are responsible for your own account, taht means you the player are in fact responsible for you avatar's actions (even if you give a friend your ID and Password (and in some cases your gold card. (if you ahve one)

Now this makes things very muddy indeed.. And in fact this states that anyone who is creating an acount could do so..

But then there are other ways MA could track you.. like Social securityNumbers or Tax ID numbers or whatever.. (After all banking systems do this a lot.. and are able to track you even electronically..

(Big Brother is really really really Watching you..)

The point is this.. When you create your avatar, it is you the player who si the sole owner of said avatar, and yet I've seen i(as early as 2009, people sharing avatars... In some cases actually selling avatars (complete with skills). off to another totally unkown player..

Now then, I would like to relate to you a little story.. and it's short ans sweet.. A fellow (and wlel known avatar who shall remain nameless, allowed one of their children's avatars to be taken over by a person who had been banned by the company for making threats against the company.. and once MA found out what was going on. the poor player (who was really innocent yet guilty in away) , had their account locked and they spent up to 3 weeks.. explaining to Mindark as to why this avatar was given to a person who was alrady banned fro MA..

(and this is where the Economic Advantage angle comes in..)

By doing this.. the playing did unknowingly give this person Their child's avatar, to a complete stranger..

Now stop and think...and i mean think rather hard... Would any of you , and i mean anyone here who has discussed this , give your avatar to a complete and total stranger, only to have your account locked or your whole family's acocunt locked due to the fat that you knowingly gave up that avatar to a complete and total stranger..?

It's sort of like handing a gun to a criminal and then telling them to go rob a bank..
(The person you don't know could actually do that, and leav you hanging..)

But then of course we've already had folks try to do that, and in the process have hurt other people.. And in fact a bout 3 years back there awa such a person.. who inadvertantly hurt 50 other players with very honest livelihoods, jsut because this one player wanted an unfair economic advantage, and in fact he wanted to literally in a way cause this game to fail..

Now oneof those 50 who had been hurt, was in a fact a trader (a very very honest trader, I might add) who gave some ofthe best rates for miners). To swear off this game.. an in the process.. all those depos the person had made went with them..(this in fact affects our loot pools and well you can hear the cries of "Bd Loot" screm in form the far corners of this peanut gallery.)

The point is this.. The reason why you should only have one avatar is more along the lines of "Ethics' (Be it moral economical or spiritual). but if you want to gain an economic advantage and want to cheat (and in any game cheating is really not allowed.) But people still do chea and the ehtics as to why they do so is quite easy..

They want to be rich beyond their wildestdreams, they want to be powerful and to control whoever they want.. They want to make people happy or sad, or depressed or even suicidal.

Abridged version: why do people cheat? that's the tougher question to answer..

People do these things and it all boils down to ethics..
and the real question to playes is this..

"Can you live with yourself that you cheated and that you hurt other players by your cheating.?

Do me a favor, no wait, Do yourself a favor. Go into the bathroom look yourself square in the eye in that Mirro for five long minutes,and ask yourself.. "Do you feel villified that you're doing this for your own selfish wants and desiers?

(and yes I would like to finally point out a simple case.. now some of you may be surprised.. and I would post a video here but I won't on the grounds it might violate some sort of rule.. So I won't..

But the experiement was this: A soecial scientist and observer did an experiment.. in this experiment he took a business jacket and had the outside covered with money of all demnominations.. and he then went down to the an area of New York city and held up a sign... and the sign read aws this..

"Take what you need"

Now the interesting thing abut htis was.. well off to do people actually came up to the guy and took 20 and 50 dollras off his suit.. and the guy actually acsked them

"Do you really need it?"

and guess wht.. many of them lied.. Right on in front of a viedeo camera no less.

(and you can say all you want., but videos never lie. Really bring out the new you doesn't it.. to lie on camera..)

I mean thiese people had more than enough money, they were living comforably, one person actually was asked why they needed tthe money.. They replied "To do my nails".. that's not need, that's I jsut want the money for myself to hell with you..

Yet in this same experiment, a homeless man or a person who looked dissheveled walked up to the guy.. and how much do you thinnk he took? $50,$ 100, $200?

No..he took just $2

that's right.. 2 dollars..

when the social experimenteer confronted the dissheveled guy and asked a simple question.. "Do you need this small maount" the guy answered honestly "yes.." for this guy was starving.. he was homeless, and yes he looked disshevelled because he couldn't afford clothes..

And yo uknow what happened next? This surpried even the social experiementer, that he broke down and gave the man an additional $50 because he was straight up front very honest.

IN the end, the real question here is more along the lines of ethics and the 'want' or 'need' of a situation.. Many of these people "Need" To get away from teh stress of their real world lives.. some "Need" to just chill and chat with people, and some of them need to have "Fun" and to enjoy an experience, unlike anything else..

but it seems that a lot of these folks taht cheat.. don't have a need to do anyt of tis.. They WANT to just become more rich, more arrogant, and even in some cases more stupid than the rest of us..

(An Apology: Sorry, Just had to say that. Hope that didn't lsting or leave a mark At laeast I didn't go All "R Lee Emery: on you folks)

In the end, cheating is never fair, cause what you do in a game can actually have implications on what you do in real life.. and vice versa (what i call "Art imitates life Imitates art")

For some of you , you just say it's jsut a gme.. but then my only question to you is this..

"Why do you cheat? why do you have no eithics, and above all,how can you live withourself in real life when you do this in a game? and above all. "Why do you let some complete stranger or a so call "Friend" play with the avatar you created, the one that is supposed to be "The real you?"

That's the thing..if you want to be morally unethical.. why not just go out and shoot someone? (Oh wiit, that the reason you got away from the real world.. to do the unethical tings in game that you don't do in real life.. You need to be in control. to feel powerful.. or rich.. you need to be arrogant, or stupid..

(Really sorry again there folks but again.. had to be said.)

The end of the story here is you not only have to be responsible for our character but you also have to realize that your friend, or even a single stranger you do not know can hurt your repuration as a perosn ni game.. and some times that can carry over tinto real ife..

(Pretty sobering thought for all of the folsk who do this..)

But I'm pretty much done with my long ramble here.. It's time for you guys to Go look in the mirror.. (I've done this alrady twice tonight. third time couldn't hurt right?

(Sgt.) Benjamin Ben Coytoe , IFN Military (Marines0
a.ka." The Blind Sniper" (and ) "His_Dog_Spot"

Last edited:
I've made plenty...

Your op says the common opinion is wrong with a support case screenshot and no references to the actual rule behind it ("this post refutes what so many including forum moderators believe about avatar sharing"). And then you get annoyed that people point it out. Doh.
About the events - it is up to the event organizers to make such events to not give 24/7 users unfear advantages e.g. not making long term max global count events with no limitations on time spent. Most of the events I participate in (mayhem like) doesn't allow an unfair advantage in that regard the equipment / skills are winning.

...of references here, I believe, and elsewhere from whence this thread was spawned on 2.1 and 3.2 in which it is clear that unique activity must ensue through your account by you and only you(unique). Support confirms this reading of the TOU and you all argue the 'en practicum'. According to MA support it is NOT ALLOWED to share your avatar, not discouraged, not frowned upon, not 'maybe you shouldn't do it', it is NOT ALLOWED. Black...White....in a Venn Diagram this is a disjoint set...mutually exclusive. You all wanted to know what support thought of it and I got the answer. The 'en practicum' issue plays more into the organization of events as I doubt that MA will ever enforce this issue unless its simply not allowed to perform more than a certain amount of play per day and I would be a strong proponent of a 4 hour max in 24 hour event with a total max of 40 or even 80 hours...but EVERYONE should have a chance to win the lottery if they follow the rules, not just those capable of buying all the numbers in the lottery. Like I said...split out those who want to grind all day long for 6 weeks and let their decay go into their own loot pool and rewards...i.e. let you uber grinders all fight it out with each other for a reward based on your input only.

Brick

In the post above, you are assuming a person needs to make more then one account to play, that is clearly not allowed. The discussion is, is someone who also has an account allowed to log in to another one from another user, and the answer is yes.

In the post above, you are assuming a person needs to make more then one account to play, that is clearly not allowed. The discussion is, is someone who also has an account allowed to log in to another one from another user, and the answer is yes.

Will you please get over this already. It is simply not allowed.

Now. Yes a lot will do it and MA may be light about not restricting it. BUT at the end of the day if MA finds they are loosing money because someone IS sharing their avatar they will be BANNED due to the simple rule that: IT IS NOT ALLOWED.

Will you please get over this already. It is simply not allowed.

Now. Yes a lot will do it and MA may be light about not restricting it. BUT at the end of the day if MA finds they are loosing money because someone IS sharing their avatar they will be BANNED due to the simple rule that: IT IS NOT ALLOWED.

It is not stated to be not allowed anywhere.
However is MA was loosing money to someone doing something, likely some kind of exploit or other issue is happening, they would be banned for that, not sharing.

In all my experience...

...you are the most ignorant troll there is. It is not allowed. Support clearly delineates their interpretation of the TOU and it supports the position that sharing of the avatar is not allowed. The question was asked specifically. It was answered specifically. You are also not allowed to have more than one account. There is no room to discuss the interpretation of MA support except between the two brain cells on opposite sides of your skull.

Brick

Let say that you need Jammer skill.
You find non lootable pvp and choose coordinates.
You go to wife aka ALT-1 room and login with her account witch you didn't created.
Equip wife ava with electric attack nano chip lvl 1 and put her on auto shoot.
Then you go to your father aka ALT-2 place and login from his computer, bring him on chosen place, equip him with chip and let him on auto.
Then you go back home, find your dog aka ALT-3 computer and login him too, equip him with chip and let him on auto.
Finally back to your computer with your Main ava with fap or healing chip you stand in middle and NO, is not going to be AFK skilling on auto shoot - it do not work, you will use auto clicker program.
Write down on paper your actual Jamming skill points.
Once you get back from work you will check what your Main have gained in that time.

Do you need vehicle repair and related skills?
Doing it on spaceship 24/7 is still slow.
So you will use all previously mentioned accounts (ofc not created by you) including your Main and then you get skills by chipping from alts 1, 2, 3. I mean from wife ava, dog ava, father ava.

But all that is just amateur work.
Best is having friends with avatars on predetermined skill and profession level.
To let them log in once in a year and pass them top equipment in time each will be active on event.
So you participate in lvl 1 with Alt-1, in category lvl 2 with Alt-2, in category 3 with Alt-3 and you play with your Main in highest lvl 4 category.
As you with your Main need also to sleep, to go to work, to eat ect - your friends will help to run other 3 alts, you just pass top gear to them for time you do not play with your Main.
You win in all 4 categories ofc and if event somehow change you can use your alts to collect various tokens and bonuses.

Let say that those 3 hypothetical examples stand and are allowed according by your posts.
But that do not mean that we have any rule to force community to condone this kind of behavior and that community must accept this.

Very clearly nothing is clear, (with a little effort and preconception) ToU/EULA can be interpreted both ways and answers given by Support contradict other answers given by the same Support:

2013-02-20 23:13 Entropia Universe Support:
we can assure you that this does not affect you gameplay and we won't take any actions against but if you wanna share your information with others is going to be under your own responsability.
support_case.jpg

In a word, it's a mess.

Whatever. In the end it doesn't really matter.
[...] that do not mean that we have any rule to force community to condone this kind of behavior and that community must accept this.

Back