30000 ped just gone ...... [Auction mistake]

a different point of view....

one might argue that... there's a market for catching people's mistakes on the auction....
as it is not too uncommon for people to improperly list items on auction....

is it the buyers responsibility to always return items from another persons mistake or be labeled a thief....
or is purely it the seller's unfortunate demise.. and the buyers lucky fair gain..?

if the buyer is a theif... why would mindark allow a game where thievery is legal?

or does mindark agree that this is fair gameplay??

just another perspective on the situation.......

The saddest part is that the guy did similar mistake and another person returned him 12k+ of peds. Now it happens the opposite side and the guy goes silent :F

I believe he still has a chance to do the only right thing and return at least some portion of peds, leaving him maybe 5k PED payment for stupidity of seller? That would be fair!

Else, I really hope Karma hits him. And considering his RL address and name is known now, it might not be just a karma :D

While I agree MA cannot just reverse the trade, I really hope they investigate the guy and ban him for good. He is apparently doing a lot of things against EULA.

one might argue that... there's a market for catching people's mistakes on the auction....
as it is not too uncommon for people to improperly list items on auction....

is it the buyers responsibility to always return items from another persons mistake or be labeled a thief....
or is purely it the seller's unfortunate demise.. and the buyers lucky fair gain..?

if the buyer is a theif... why would mindark allow a game where thievery is legal?

or does mindark agree that this is fair gameplay??

just another perspective on the situation.......

This part if effectivly to discuss. But this is not the way he is making most of his profit.
The way he is making most of his profit is by bidding himself on his own auctions using dozen of alts to manipulate market on items like CLD's (his own alts + two other known reseller with which they agreed doing it)

Let me tell you how he is doing it:

Day 1: cld markup is at 1600
-He start buying all Cld's he can at markup, then he list them higher and buy them with his alts, markup raise.
- He keep doing that for a few days, buying everyones cld, and his owns.
- Day 15, cld markup is now 1800. Now he sell all the cld's he can. he totally stop buying them (he and the two other resellers). He put shitloads of cld on auc, price drop, people panic, Cld markup go down by 200 ped in a few hours.
-Day 16. cld markup is back to 1600. he made shitload of money, and now he buy everything that panicked entropians are selling becoz markup suddently drop.
And he restart doing that

Last edited:

Is finding a wallet on a street a lucky fair gain? Especially if it contains a business card of the owner?

Is finding a wallet on a street a lucky fair gain? Especially if it contains a business card of the owner?

And the owner knocks on your shoulder and asks it back :D

Did anyone already experimented a bug when tryin to put an item on auction RIGHT after buying it on webshop?
i ve got pmed by someone that experienced something like that, and i was myself so much sure i had auctioned my aud's and couldnt understand such a mistake that i m now wondering if it could be a bug?

Did anyone already experimented a bug when tryin to put an item on auction RIGHT after buying it on webshop?
i ve got pmed by someone that experienced something like that, and i was myself so much sure i had auctioned my aud's and couldnt understand such a mistake that i m now wondering if it could be a bug?

I could see it attaching the wrong graphics and/or the wrong item coding...it may have happened that way given how sure you are that you didn't pull over 20 cld into the au window. I have not seen it happen myself in auction...but I have definitely seen enough of the item graphics being bugged and showing different skins, having one item stack on top of another in inventory, or getting the red "x" for no reason whatsoever. One thing I can be sure of is it definitely could have happened.

This is a good reminder to run fraps or record with open broadcaster any time you are making high value transactions.

After 11 years in eu, it had to happen.
I did the mistake u never wanna do, that everyone think its stupid and will never happen.

I took a stack of 100 aud from my pill, put it on auc for 5870 ped, but it was 20 CLD's........

the guy that had order is called "Wirlo Wirlo Wirlete"...
I m not doing scam accusation because the name will be removed so unstead i removed the second part of my thread
if someone know him or if you read forum and have a heart, you'll get a nice tip for being kind and correct my mistake.......

edit:
the guy is just a known for placing multiple order and using multiple avatars for it ....
i found him and is is not even answering me. his "friends" talked with him and he just dont care, he got free stolen money.

Shit happens...

However usually people put same amount, of other thing, but you sold other kind of deed and other amount... Strange. Anyway - you did mistake. He got good deal. So he did not scammed you. And why it is stolen money? In my mind there is only one way how he could get "free stolen money" in this case - you had stolen CLDs! :scratch2:

Shit happens...

However usually people put same amount, of other thing, but you sold other kind of deed and other amount... Strange. Anyway - you did mistake. He got good deal. So he did not scammed you. And why it is stolen money? In my mind there is only one way how he could get "free stolen money" in this case - you had stolen CLDs! :scratch2:

Cerb OP just had bad choice of words, but the main problem is that Wirlo has made similar mistake himself and was refunded by buyer, now this thing happened and Wirlo decided not to do the same thing.

Wirlo didnt scam (with buying these CLDs, BUT everything else he does might be scam, but that i do not know), but he sure is sh**face for begging for mercy in forum if he makes mistake, but when someone else makes, he dissappears.

Last edited:
If you look on auction.. There's always orders for CLDs at ~1000 PED MU.. These orders are people such as Wirlo hoping that someone makes a mistake, which has happened very often in the past, in order for his financial benefit. It's one thing to make a mistake.. everyone makes mistakes. It's another thing to have people betting that someone will make a mistake for their benefit. After so many of these stories have been told, I would advise everyone to use severe caution when listing Deeds or other high markup items on auction.
Really MA should implement a better system though, at least for CLDs. If you sold a stock and accidentally set the limit too low, it would still sell at the highest market order, not the limit price set by the trader.

It was a costly mistake,but everyone makes mistakes so I do sympathize with Helena in the situation. I have sent a support case to MindArk in hopes that they can do something. I hope that the next time Wirlo makes a mistake that this situation is known and they can show Wirlo the same courtesy that he's shown Helena.
Also, everyone could take note of who is buying their CLDs... There is the website post with all of his alts. If him or his alts are buying CLDs and seem to be trying to manipulate the CLD market we could let others know. We're a relatively small community, so maybe people wouldn't panic sell when the price drops 100 points...

Last edited:
If you look on auction.. There's always orders for CLDs at ~1000 PED MU.. These orders are people such as Wirlo hoping that someone makes a mistake, which has happened very often in the past, in order for his financial benefit. It's one thing to make a mistake.. everyone makes mistakes. It's another thing to have people betting that someone will make a mistake for their benefit. After so many of these stories have been told, I would advise everyone to use severe caution when listing Deeds or other high markup items on auction.
Really MA should implement a better system though, at least for CLDs. If you sold a stock and accidentally set the limit too low, it would still sell at the highest market order.

It was a costly mistake,but everyone makes mistakes so I do sympathize with Helena in the situation. I have sent a support case to MindArk in hopes that they can do something. I hope that the next time Wirlo makes a mistake that this situation is known and they can show Wirlo the same courtesy that he's shown Helena.
Also, everyone could take note of who is buying their CLDs... There is the website post with all of his alts. If him or his alts are buying CLDs and seem to be trying to manipulate the CLD market we could let others know. We're a relatively small community, so maybe people wouldn't panic sell when the price drops 100 points...

Clearly you can't form any kind of opinion without know how auction orders work. If someone has an order for 20 CLDs at 1k each and theres other order for same amount for 2,5k each, and if seller sells 20 CLDs for 50 peds each, the guy who gonna win the auction IS THE GUY OFFERING 2500 PEDS for each, even if the seller sells them for 50 peds each!

Clearly you can't form any kind of opinion without know how auction orders work. If someone has an order for 20 CLDs at 1k each and theres other order for same amount for 2,5k each, and if seller sells 20 CLDs for 50 peds each, the guy who gonna win the auction IS THE GUY OFFERING 2500 PEDS for each, even if the seller sells them for 50 peds each!

Clearly you can't read! :D

What azzah means is that the items would be sold for the order amount, not for what sellers put in as BO.

Something that could be implemented at least for deeds.

Clearly you can't read! :D

What azzah means is that the items would be sold for the order amount, not for what sellers put in as BO.

Something that could be implemented at least for deeds.

Clearly, you dont understand that order system was not made for CLDs, and you dont want to fuck all other trades because someone made shit.

The system is fine!

This makes me remember the Joe Jeff Tax, for TTed items.

Last edited:
I read this and found really bad for the OP ofc... so i did my fair of investigation...
Lets say i found more about this issue that there is to be said out there. (which for privacy terms i might be providing in PM, not here)

Helena did few mistakes,

-Auctioned the deeds wrongly
-Started to insult ( yes Helena.. we been in same soc i know how is your temper, and i can only imagine on this one how you reacted)
-Started calling out for scam on #trade channel after kind of threatening aswell here

You did some mistakes for sure... with a heavy price that i'd wish none the same
But you should in a civilized way expose more how stuff happened.

Anything to some extend, i may reveal in PM, otherwise i'd be breaking some rules.

Helena did few mistakes,

-Started calling out for scam on #trade channel after kind of threatening aswell here

You did some mistakes for sure... with a heavy price that i'd wish none the same
But you should in a civilized way expose more how stuff happened.

I think 'most' people that just lost three thousand dollars, would be somewhat emotional and angry, otherwise they wouldn't be human.

Anyway not that it will help, but I reckon, a whole bucket of karma is coming to that reseller. Maybe MA let some things ride, especially if it helps deposits (blind eye approach maybe), although when the Gods are rattled by the community hard enough, and maybe they've put some hours into a big investigation...those very Gods are going to be upset...probably very upset.

No one would like to see a God when they're angry.

Still it's easy to fall into a situation where you can believe your untouchable even with the Gods watching all the dirty moves. Now assuming that the reseller is not whiter than white, they might consider it is better to reverse the trade and carry on as normal rather than have a whole bunch of Gods on their arse.

Maybe just maybe they might have a little think about their own future. Still a chance I would assume to help MA cancel any investigation they're doing and fix this shit themselves. I'd say it's 50/50 gamble If MA are digging.

Just saying....personally I don't think MA will let this ride, behind the scenes.

Rick

My condolences to the OP. I made the same mistake awhile ago but for only a few cld to the same buyer. It was 3am and I was excited to make a purchase and while tired rushed things to get peds quickly. Its not a good feeling when you realize you made the mistake(especially one that is so frequent and one you hope to never make). All it takes is one moment when you arent too sharp and that 1750 price youre looking at translates to 1750 each instead of 1750 total inside your brain, as the buyout order is listed as in "each" terms its easily confusable imo. As well as similar graphics, I mistook some magerian mist as typonolic many years ago when Mist had almost double markup, once again late at night and not at my sharpest.

As someone who has been buying and occasionally selling cld and aud, I notice the same avatar always has the top orders, if I make one, two, or three new orders they are immediately overriden by I suspect the same person. While he also has the lowest priced deeds for sale in AH most of the time he also has the first to buy orders. Its a very smart tactic, as when I make an order, I dont even get any deeds, but the price gets driven up to where its more than what the listed deeds to sell are initially listed to sell at. So you almost always end up buying deeds from the same people who have orders for the deeds. Kind of bizzarre. Now I have no reselling experience compared to some but from the perspective of a former big buyer and holder it was extremely frustrating to try to buy using orders and I thought that was the resellers plan to make it so making order would backfire and let them monopolize orders.

Now about these huge deed order f ups, they seem to happen just about daily, for big amounts. With the opportunity to make a few hundred bucks a day, there is a demand being created for having orders that prey upon peoples mistakes. I dont think this is the intention of the orders when Mindark created the feature and Mindark should fix this. Orders should always be filled for the max amount, as any less is always the sellers mistake. Buy orders shouldnt be made for the purpose of ripping people off, and I dont think the coding would be too difficult.

With knowledge that the person is constantly selling and putting new orders to ensure they always have the top order, I did not decide to pursue the person for a refund. I thought my time more valuable at that moment. In closing MA should change the order system, as theres no telling when one might slip. At least OP would have got a price close to current CLD rates.

... And considering his RL address and name is known now, it might not be just a karma :D

/mod note/

Posting real world information is strictly prohibited, both on this forum and ingame.

Forum Rules said:
2.5 - Personal Information
Revealing real world personal information about a forum member, administrator, moderator, Entropia Universe participant, or MindArk or Planet Partner representative is STRICTLY PROHIBITED, regardless of the source, public or private. This includes any information about a forum member or Entropia Universe participant that reveals an individual's legal name, address, occupation or other sensitive or personally identifiable information. All such content will be deleted without notice, and result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.

Terms of Use said:
8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct ...
m. You may not post or convey any other Participants’ Personal Information ..., in, on or outside the Entropia Universe.
All and any behavior, utterance or action in the Entropia Universe or in any of MindArk’s forum or website that MindArk, at it sole and absolute discretion, FIND TO be a violation of the Rules of Conduct could result in the Account being Banned or Terminated WITHOUT ANY CLAIMS WHATSOEVER.

Remind me to Never expect sympathy from most people here on the forum... SAD... we all make mistakes.
I have found the less understanding I am, the more likely I am to suffer the experience. (Karma)
Sorry for your loss & I hope it sorts out more fairly eventually.

I have been watching the Auction House & I am really concerned that there is Control being implemented there.
It does happen on Wall Street, but then they get Busted & lose Their ASS! (usually)

It is one thing to buy deeds from the web shop & sell at Auction House for small mark up, it is quite another to try to control the price of deeds or other things. I have seen it a lot in the past year, I do think it all needs to be closely looked at & a better system put in place or at least a watchdog to prevent toying with the Auction prices.

While I have played off & on for years, I am always learning & surprised at how much I do not know about this game. I never thought that MA would allow a wealthy unscrupulous person(s) to taint EU so badly.
The MU of deeds & items effects us all, buyers & sellers alike.
If it is being manipulated because someone has a lot of money to play with, that is cheating! Even worse inside info. (Since AU deeds are now all sold out) I am not accusing, just pointing out something I noticed, as of a couple of months ago AU deeds had not changed in value, now they are inflated ridiculously. It is just fishy.
Did I miss a notice saying AU deeds were running low?:scratch2:

The biggest problem is the users, Even if MA put in the systems you are asking for and had extra warning boxes you would become desensitized to them and just click through it without reading, then it would be just a matter of time before another one of these threads pops up again.

Unfortunate, Yes.
MA's fault, No.

It's an unforced error plain and simple. Trying to dump any of the blame on someone else is pretty shameful.

To the people shaming this guy for being the highest buyer and the lowest seller and making a few peds in the middle off each trade, shame on you too. Truth be told I though it was pretty entrepreneurial the way they he was using the systems given to him by the game to make a few peds. Then again seems like the "lets bash the traders" bandwagon has rolled round again and a few more people have jumped on. One day ima set that damn wagon on fire.

To the people shaming this guy for being the highest buyer and the lowest seller and making a few peds in the middle off each trade, shame on you too. Truth be told I though it was pretty entrepreneurial the way they he was using the systems given to him by the game to make a few peds. Then again seems like the "lets bash the traders" bandwagon has rolled round again and a few more people have jumped on. One day ima set that damn wagon on fire.

Are you kidding me?

Wirlo is shamed because when he screws up he asks for the ped back and got them, and disappears when it was him that bought it.

<removed remainder of tirade of abuse>

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed>this is to do with WIRLO - he took her peds and should give them back. <removed>

<removed>this is to do with WIRLO - he took her peds and should give them back. <removed>
If you read some of his last posts, even tho i understand how frustrated and desperate he is
He did reveal RL info and made it clear his intentions IRL thru his posts
That is breaking rules, both here, and if done ingame, it'd be ingame aswell

But effectively he has had a lot of money taken from him by a mistake. Wirlo should refund all the money.

But effectively he has had a lot of money taken from him by a mistake. Wirlo should refund all the money.

I'd advise you to seek more into this, which i said im fine prolly sharing a part but not all as it reveals some private info.

I hope that MAs investigation will result in a harsh punishment of WIRLO, if he did anything against the rules. (I don't know much about him personally)

But Helena should stop breaking the rules here.

I hope that MAs investigation will result in a harsh punishment of WIRLO, if he did anything against the rules. (I don't know much about him personally)

But Helena should stop breaking the rules here.

By no means im sent to talk over anyone or defend anyone but lets put it this way.

The "unknown" players usually end up being the "scum", because people dont really know much of them.

Just because some player has some skills and assets, trust me, it doesnt mean they play clean, by the oposite, if you look into prolly over half the high lvl grinders, they break the rules easilly.
If you dont believe it, check it yourself.
If you dont see it, open your eyes

I dont know about wirlo's alts or not tho so i cant add much to that regard.
But im sure by now he was reported plenty of times, and if he still stands around (saw a fresh auction of him yesterday) it means he seems to not do worse than some.

I saw the remove too. And i thing we are in a strange EU world now. I cant understand that any censoring is possible. As a journalism i know that a freedom speech is a high value in any kind of community, private life or state.

I am very suprised about the acting. And i dont know is the thread closed about the pedition or the information about the avatar joda....

I will trace it, and maybe act as a journalism.

Cheets
Dan

I think 'most' people that just lost three thousand dollars, would be somewhat emotional and angry, otherwise they wouldn't be human.

Anyway not that it will help, but I reckon, a whole bucket of karma is coming to that reseller. Maybe MA let some things ride, especially if it helps deposits (blind eye approach maybe), although when the Gods are rattled by the community hard enough, and maybe they've put some hours into a big investigation...those very Gods are going to be upset...probably very upset.

No one would like to see a God when they're angry.

Still it's easy to fall into a situation where you can believe your untouchable even with the Gods watching all the dirty moves. Now assuming that the reseller is not whiter than white, they might consider it is better to reverse the trade and carry on as normal rather than have a whole bunch of Gods on their arse.

Maybe just maybe they might have a little think about their own future. Still a chance I would assume to help MA cancel any investigation they're doing and fix this shit themselves. I'd say it's 50/50 gamble If MA are digging.

Just saying....personally I don't think MA will let this ride, behind the scenes.

Rick

When your talking about God(s) are you referring to Wirlo or MA? because Wirlo does appear to be untouchable. As such this all sets a bad precedence for future and we may see more Wirlo types.

To fix the problem for future MA should make it so that such auction orders are fulfilled at max price rather than price set by seller. This would be fair to buyer and seller and solve these kind of problems in the future.

I hope it does all get resolved. Perhaps Wirlo is willing to return the peds due to unfortunate mistake/bug? Is wirlo in any society? perhaps his society can reason it out with him?

Are you kidding me?

Wirlo is shamed because when he screws up he asks for the ped back and got them, and disappears when it was him that bought it.

<removed remainder of tirade of abuse>

Oh i agree on that point, hes a hypocrit for sure. But outside that hes getting alot of heat for someone elses mistake too.

I saw the remove too. And i thing we are in a strange EU world now. I cant understand that any censoring is possible. As a journalism i know that a freedom speech is a high value in any kind of community, private life or state.

I am very suprised about the acting. And i dont know is the thread closed about the pedition or the information about the avatar joda....

I will trace it, and maybe act as a journalism.

Cheets
Dan

moderator.jpg

My view on this as a member of PCF is that being a member here is a privilege you have, not a right. Being a member of a community or a club requires you to follow some rules and guidelines. Some clubs and communitys have a dress code, or you need to own a certain watch or car, have a specific high IQ or something like that.

The same goes for this game itself, there's no "freedom of speech" inside the game. You are obliged to follow what is in the EULA. And trust me, I am not the kind of person that always follow the rules everywhere, (like right now I am posting off topic) but I don't see the few and simple rules that PCF have as unreasonable. Which is why I signed up for being a PCF moderator in the first place. That is my 2 cents.

Now, having said that, this thread will go back on topic or it will be locked.

Back