30000 ped just gone ...... [Auction mistake]

The simple fact is: THIS WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN IN RL OR TO MA.

Even in eBay, if something is going to sell too low, you can have a friend bid on it or have ways to legally remove it. But the main thing is that you have plenty of time to figure it out.

The fact that an AUCTION sells INSTANTLY with no cooling off period is the problem.

Maybe require a second seller-side verification once a buyers order triggers a sale. "[player name]'s order is about to purchase 20 AUD for 49 ped from you...please accept or deny this transaction.""are you sure you want to...."

The simple fact is: THIS WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN IN RL OR TO MA.

Even in eBay, if something is going to sell too low, you can have a friend bid on it or have ways to legally remove it. But the main thing is that you have plenty of time to figure it out.

The fact that an AUCTION sells INSTANTLY with no cooling off period is the problem.

Maybe require a second seller-side verification once a buyers order triggers a sale. "[player name]'s order is about to purchase 20 AUD for 49 ped from you...please accept or deny this transaction.""are you sure you want to...."

That would be really awesome for case when loot is about to sell for someone's order!! Really good suggestion!!

Great solution.

Wouldnt the easiest thing be to remove buyout? I reckon that whats creates the most problems?

Yes, or we could just remove all money from the game. Problem fixed. :wise:

Seriously, the system could monitor big sales, which are remarkably above or below the normal price, and give an extra warning.

I don't think there's any need to ruin the rest of the auction system.

Removing B/O would pretty much be the worst fix, would kill the AH and slow the turnover of ped down, and in turn more stuff would be just TT'd

That would be really awesome for case when loot is about to sell for someone's order!! Really good suggestion!!

Actually, is a crappy suggestion, since seller would need to be online for sales to through, locking up the buyers peds so he cant buy from another seller during this time. Lots of bad things with this.

Its very simple: if BO = 10%less then average = An additional warning dialogue in red saying "you are about to sell far below average MU, is this correct?"

Actually, is a crappy suggestion, since seller would need to be online for sales to through, locking up the buyers peds so he cant buy from another seller during this time. Lots of bad things with this.

Its very simple: if BO = 10%less then average = An additional warning dialogue in red saying "you are about to sell far below average MU, is this correct?"

Who determines what avg mu is... day? Week? Month?

Who determines what avg mu is... day? Week? Month?

Probably week, since its subject to a high amount of fluctuation, but not so high that it would render a check meaningless.

The seller would be the one listing their items. If the seller wasn't online while doing so they should be banned for auction bottling :laugh:

Ummmm IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE SOMETHING INSTANTLY TO AN ORDER YOU JUST MADE, YOU ARE ONLINE!

The only way it wouldn't would be a super rare occasion where the supercheap item sat on auction for a long time, THEN someone made an order when you were offline...this would only happen one in a million. Probably never.

It would prevent AUD's and CLD's from being sold accidentally like what happened here basically 100% of the time.

It is one fucking line of code.

Your idea is the crappy one.

Both are valid. Common sense though is not very common. The only critique of his idea I have is that 10% is too close to standard price. I stated earlier I would have set it at 30%. That's a pretty significant deviation and it allows for prices to naturally fluctuate.

The problem I see with both ideas is that people will still click through confirmation dialogues. That will never be stopped. Both ideas though add a final bit of intelligence to the system. If a person clicks through after something like this is implemented, they probably should not play EU while drunk.

Ummmm IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE SOMETHING INSTANTLY TO AN ORDER YOU JUST MADE, YOU ARE ONLINE!

The only way it wouldn't would be a super rare occasion where the supercheap item sat on auction for a long time, THEN someone made an order when you were offline...this would only happen one in a million. Probably never.

It would prevent AUD's and CLD's from being sold accidentally like what happened here basically 100% of the time.

Yes at that second I would be online, so it works when you make the mistake, but all other times when it isnt sold instantly it will be a problem, you might as well remove buyouts all togheter. So I stand by it, It IS a very shitty idea!
If you want to be as safe as you suggest then DONT SELL WITH BUYOUT AS OPTION.

Whats wrong with my idea then? If you still sell your stuff cheap as hell with a big red warning infront of you then you deserve to lose your peds. And hopefully you dont drive since you wouldnt see a STOP sign in the traffic either.

This is THE BEST IDEA so far :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?172005-Implement-the-Nanny-Universe

The seller would be the one listing their items. If the seller wasn't online while doing so they should be banned for auction bottling :laugh:

Erm.. are you people only thinking about the times when people make mistakes? not of the times when people actually do it right? Or maybe I misunderstod you, anways..
the most usual way it happens is
1. Seller places item for sale in auc with a buyout and a decent price
2. some time goes by since it wasnt put at a very low price by mistake
3. Someone buys item

With tacos fix we get
3. seller logs out
4. Someone try to buy item
5. time goes by because seller is not logged on
6. buyer cant buy items from someone else because he doesnt know if bid will be accepted

This could destroy an entire day of gaming for buyer or maybe he missed another sale of same item because of locked peds and seller rejects bid so buyer doesnt get any.
And these things would happen ALL THE TIME.

In the end we do have to take SOME responsibilty for what we do, we cant fully depend on systems fixing every single thing

Yes at that second I would be online, so it works when you make the mistake, but all other times when it isnt sold instantly it will be a problem, you might as well remove buyouts all togheter. So I stand by it, It IS a very shitty idea!
If you want to be as safe as you suggest then DONT SELL WITH BUYOUT AS OPTION.

Whats wrong with my idea then? If you still sell your stuff cheap as hell with a big red warning infront of you then you deserve to lose your peds. And hopefully you dont drive since you wouldnt see a STOP sign in the traffic either.

You idea if fine too if it was massively thought out and actually implemented...but it was crappy because we all know it would take MA 42 years to figure out how to do that.

Getting something to read MU is hard as hell....what if a guy runs to a empty planet and sells his item for 1 ped to himself to adjust the mu. What if it is a item with only 1 sale in history. What if it is a unique item. What if "OMG it was 20% less but I never got the message...MA fucked me!"

It is too hard to base it on MU.

Slapping a double confirm on it when you are about to have something sell to order is fair. It won't hurt auctions that much. it can be done right away, and it is foolproof enough to stop 99% of this shit from happening.

Last edited:
Erm.. are you people only thinking about the times when people make mistakes? not of the times when people actually do it right? Or maybe I misunderstod you, anways..
the most usual way it happens is
1. Seller places item for sale in auc with a buyout and a decent price
2. some time goes by since it wasnt put at a very low price by mistake
3. Someone buys item

With tacos fix we get
3. seller logs out
4. Someone try to buy item
5. time goes by because seller is not logged on
6. buyer cant buy items from someone else because he doesnt know if bid will be accepted

This could destroy an entire day of gaming for buyer or maybe he missed another sale of same item because of locked peds and seller rejects bid so buyer doesnt get any.
And these things would happen ALL THE TIME.

In the end we do have to take SOME responsibilty for what we do, we cant fully depend on systems fixing every single thing

It only matters if it is about to sell to order INSTANTLY ant the moment when you list it...for anything that doesn't sell instantly, you DON'T NEED THE SELLER TO CONFIRM. SO after something is listed for 15 minutes or something (to allow for lag, ctd etc), then it functions like a regular auction.

Look, contrarians will ALWAYS find some little thing wrong with ANYTHING MA does to fix this. I would rather those people with orders have to wait a bit. There really aren't that many except a bunch of resellers, or the jerks trying to get free CLD's. And if the seller really wants to sell to order and get his ped right away, he WILL be online, and he can click 2 simple boxes.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a delay. But not a delay while it is on auction, just asking for billions of support cases to MA.

What about a delay before it appears on auction.

Even just one minute will save a shed load of these happening.

So you place your buyout, click accept, then for the next minute it appears under an auction tab. "To be listed"? And a countdown showing when it will appear on auction to everyone else. Then you can clearly see what you will be selling them at.

Rgds

Ace

I like the idea of a delay. But not a delay while it is on auction, just asking for billions of support cases to MA.

What about a delay before it appears on auction.

Even just one minute will save a shed load of these happening.

So you place your buyout, click accept, then for the next minute it appears under an auction tab. "To be listed"? And a countdown showing when it will appear on auction to everyone else. Then you can clearly see what you will be selling them at.

Rgds

Ace

Yeah like a preview when you post something on PCF...that would help too.

It only matters if it is about to sell to order INSTANTLY ant the moment when you list it...for anything that doesn't sell instantly, you DON'T NEED THE SELLER TO CONFIRM. SO after something is listed for 15 minutes or something (to allow for lag, ctd etc), then it functions like a regular auction.

Yes, that is better, but you didnt say that in your first post :silly2:

But still.. people will click that accept button too without reading it :eyecrazy:

I refrained from posting in this thread because its a lot of harresment and hostility, but since it has changed direction i thought i will contribute.

First i think auction system is just fine. No need to change anything.
But - if it is about to change what i would like to see is forum like preview as mentioned above. Would work like that, you create whatever number of auctions and submit them, but they are not live. Once done with posting multiple auctions, you can see them all in - "pending" section. Then you simply click through and see each and one of them as they would appear to the buyer with a small addition - green and red buttons that read - accept or delete pending auction. And if they are made with remote access - even better. So you create auctions at terminal but dont post them live, so they are still pending and while you are out hounting/mining/picking oil or whatever you can access auction remotely to make your auction live or cancel them. So once something has sold you can post another auction if the price still satisfies you, immediately making your pending auction going live.
This would also somewhat resolve issue with auction limited slots for your items. You would still have to visit auction terminal but u could sort your pending auctions from anywhere in universe, even other planet or space! Wouldnt that be great?

Just my 2 pecs

Cheers
Soko

a delay wouldnt help in most case why they didnt even know what they did in the first place they will only notice when it sold

the only way to fix it for aud and cld is ma to set a auction price on it that it cant sell below the price they sold it for 50 ped and 1000 ped for cld

they cant set it the tt for them price because they cant take the money out of the game people could just tt it and take the money out

there only 2 thing they can doo

#1 set a base auction price for the aud or cld

#2 SAME AS above from the start plus you can modify it on your own set it lower or higher and also add it to all item if need to keep the mist out of auction

if that dont work and mistake still happens it the fault of the seller not the buyer

most poeple are on here to make money and dont care how they get it

just to say i join this forum because a mistake on auction at the time someone bid his ped card on my item set whit out a buy out i refun his money because im was not here money just have something to doo im my enjoyment

Last edited:
There was a [confirmation window]. Just like there is a window on the forum that prohibits multiple postings. Yet somehow your post was duplicated.

I'm sure it was simply a mistake though. You wouldnt be intentionally producing spam. :tongue2:

Thank you for answering my post. Do you or anyone else know what was in the confirmation window before seller confirmed it?

Thank you in advance for trying to answer my question.

Thank you for answering my post. Do you or anyone else know what was in the confirmation window before seller confirmed it?

Thank you in advance for trying to answer my question.

If you look up in the thread, you can see that there's some confusion there, actually. <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed>
Sry to interrupt, but actually you didn't get the Magyar's joke. Neither did Lorthis I suppose... althou there's also a slim chance he eventually figured out the joke's on him but decided to pretend he didn't notice.

Nothing against either of u but I do appreciate a good joke... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
When you place a sell order in the real world for stocks (which is what CLD relates the most to) then they get sold for whatever the highest price is that any current order is placed at. I put in a sell at "any price" (0.0001 usd each) but if theres an order at 40 each then that's what they sell for.
Such a system would be much safer and much more fair than the current auction system.

The kind of accidents that happened here are a result of an auction system which sometims operates with percentages (ores and resources) and sometimes markup (UL weapons and CLD). Of course accidents will happen where you think you might put the price per unit into that box instead of total price for stack. You are used to dealing with price per unit in all other settings.

Accidents actually happen often enough for these people to make a living solely from those accidents. These guys have this as a dayjob constantly making sure they have the highest order by a few pecs. This is a clear sign that this is not a one time thing and that the problem is systematic. The system therefor should be changed.

Well that's my 2 pecs anyway..

When you place a sell order in the real world for stocks (which is what CLD relates the most to) then they get sold for whatever the highest price is that any current order is placed at. I put in a sell at "any price" (0.0001 usd each) but if theres an order at 40 each then that's what they sell for.

Isn't this exactly what happened here?

If I get this....

A person put a click, and 3kusd went inside there. I wanna play!

Not for 3kusd a click though, wat is a click anyway?

Last edited:
Such a system would be much safer and much more fair than the current auction system.

The kind of accidents that happened here are a result of an auction system which sometims operates with percentages (ores and resources) and sometimes markup (UL weapons and CLD). Of course accidents will happen where you think you might put the price per unit into that box instead of total price for stack. You are used to dealing with price per unit in all other settings.

Accidents actually happen often enough for these people to make a living solely from those accidents. These guys have this as a dayjob constantly making sure they have the highest order by a few pecs. This is a clear sign that this is not a one time thing and that the problem is systematic. The system therefor should be changed.

Well that's my 2 pecs anyway..

Your 2 pecs is worth others 20 ped, to me anyway.

"Accidents actually happen often enough for these people to make a living solely from those accidents"

Who are "these people"? My troll mode is so low as to be a Bose Einstien condistate <sp>

Back