30000 ped just gone ...... [Auction mistake]

Not sure how it feels to be in Helena's position, but I hope this is resolved one way or another.

That being said, what a screw up of CLD mark-up data!

Some traders are already trying to convince unwitting sellers that the mark-up is 1450 on CLD.

Vultures!

how can this thread have been moved to non calypso related? are we talking about banana plantation in brazil? omg...

That being said, what a screw up of CLD mark-up data!

Some traders are already trying to convince unwitting sellers that the mark-up is 1450 on CLD.

Vultures!

Awesome, another -400 ped or so and I will jump in and buy one! :D

If this person is a professional scammer, he may end up with somebody who would be... well... crazy enough to file a lawsuit against him.

It could happen, right? :scratch2:

Helena, I'm sorry it happened to you...

My advice: Never sell AUD's or CLD's :wise:

So that was the plan all along, clever market manipulation disguised as an auction mistake. sneaky sneaky :p

if you cant tell I'm being sarcastic
if you can read this and it's in someone's quote box, they're a retard

This really bites. I hope the guy has a heart and makes it right. In a small community as this reputation is everything.. We will remember.

how can this thread have been moved to non calypso related? are we talking about banana plantation in brazil? omg...

/mod note/

The 'Greetings & Messages' section is where most of the 'Auction Mistake' threads end up.

Like these ones which were referred to earlier:
. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...262218-Looking-for-Fareios-BigHunter-Acheimes
. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-a-mistake-does-anyone-know-Dmitry-stDem-Sur

Like these, your thread is essentially:
"I made a mistake on auction. I need to contact XYZ to try to fix it."

Last edited:
Sorry for you Helena :(

Mindark could have done something about this recurrent problem but they don't care about their customers.

One simple way to avoid this mistake is to allow CLD or AUD to be sold 1 by 1 only.

Same for orders, only one by one.

But there will be always people trying to scam others by putting items who don't Worth a pixel..............

And about Wirlo wirlet <removed> let's ban him !

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple points here:

1) To use the term "you're only human" is an insult at best and no justification for making an error. I did that same thing when I was selling a crap load of E-AMP 15's I had just made, and accidently sold my A106 amp for 15 peds.

This game is peopled with children (and adults) who display the lowest forms of personal integrity and ethics I have ever witnessed in on-line gaming (but, then again, I don't get out much.) Yes, there are exceptions-to-the-rule and honorable people about. I've dealt with many, and might be this Wirlo person is one with honor. We'll see.

2), Venture, you don't have to be an asshole every time you open your pie hole.

/mod note/

The 'Greetings & Messages' section is where most of the 'Auction Mistake' threads end up.

Like these ones which were referred to earlier:
. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...262218-Looking-for-Fareios-BigHunter-Acheimes
. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-a-mistake-does-anyone-know-Dmitry-stDem-Sur

Like these, your thread is essentially:
"I made a mistake on auction. I need to contact XYZ to try to fix it."

I do think some rules need to be adjusted, what i don't understand is what auction mistake has to do with the greetings & messages section.

Again not towards you Serica, just the rules in general.

Ps. just saw that the main thread is located in what's called Non Calypso Related, if it happened on Calypso what then?

I can say this after pm'ing Wirlo today...

He didn't answer but that is pretty meaningless. He probably has a lot of harassment pm's coming in atm. Having read some things on a website about his "alt" avatars, I am hoping that he is reading some of the more level headed posts and thinking he should do what is right. I know for a fact that in this situation, no one wants a shitload of PM's saying you're a scammer. That certainly won't help the situation; on the contrary, it will actually cause a great detriment to his attitude and willingness to return the money.

I did say that he's a nice guy and I believe he was when I interacted with him. To be fair, I don't have a great deal of knowledge about him. I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and let him come to the right decision about how to make this fair. I honestly think him keeping 5k worth of CLD would be completely fair. Hell, he could keep all of them and I'd still say it was fair. I would think it was pretty shitty though. Faith in humans is what has kept me from feeling terrible in some hard times during my life. Wirlo, I believe you know what's right and will do the right thing. Having faith never hurts. :)

I do think some rules need to be adjusted, what i don't understand is what auction mistake has to do with the greetings & messages section.

Again not towards you Serica, just the rules in general.

Ps. just saw that the main thread is located in what's called Non Calypso Related, if it happened on Calypso what then?

Threads are moved to comply with Rule 3.3:
3.3 - Thread Location
Please make an effort to post new threads in the appropriate forum or subforum. Posting threads in the proper section makes the forum easier to browse for all members and visitors, and reduces the workload for our volunteer community staff. If you are unsure where to post a new thread, please take the time to read the forum descriptions in order to familiarize yourself with the focus of the various available forums and subforums. Threads posted in an inappropriate forum may be moved or deleted without notice.

The core point of this thread's topic is that helena wants help to contact Wirlo.
And in general, all the 'Looking to contact ... ' threads go into this 'Greetings & Messages' section.

If someone wants to make a suggestion about how the auction system should be changed to prevent this in future, they are free to make a new thread in Suggestions/Wishlist section.
If they want to discuss the impact of auction mistakes on the overall economy, they are free to make a new thread in General Economy Discussion section.

Note too for the record that, from what has been posted, helena apparently unintentionally sold to an existing auction order.
While some of you may have personal issues with him, Wirlo did nothing wrong here.
He just happened to have the highest buying order for CLD on auction at the time that helena mistakenly placed her items there.
If he'd had the lowest price, it would have been some other player having their order filled.

Sometimes in life something extraordinary happens, that makes rules insignificant.

I can read between the lines, ...just saying.

I don't know much about the situation but am surprised to see how many people have strong opinions one or the other way... NOT!

Just to say. After this drama started and wirlo had been PM´ed several times, he still listed CLDs on auction (maybe not those 20) but it shows he was at computer and fully aware of OP trying to resolve this mistake.

So again i have recommendation for MA, make auction orders pay the sum they set as maximum bid (as the guy who set the order clearly is willing to pay that sum). No more auction mistake orders. (atm there is whole business for it, ppl have 200k peds stuck under auction orders with high quantity and below average price, but as it is the only order that has high enough quantity he wins most of auction mistakes.)

MA cant ban anyone doing this BUT they can change the system OR punish these players by investigating the multiple avatar use and ban after it is clear that multiple avatar use is indeed taking place.

So again i have recommendation for MA, make auction orders pay the sum they set as maximum bid (as the guy who set the order clearly is willing to pay that sum). No more auction mistake orders. (atm there is whole business for it, ppl have 200k peds stuck under auction orders with high quantity and below average price, but as it is the only order that has high enough quantity he wins most of auction mistakes.)

It already does. When you make an order the total amount is reserved and removed from your ped card.

EDIT: admittedly i am not at an auction to double check.

Rgds

Ace

It already does. When you make an order the total amount is reserved and removed from your ped card.

EDIT: admittedly i am not at an auction to double check.

Rgds

Ace

Yes but you get back those peds if BUYOUT is lower than that.

You set order for 100CLD for 1500ped each, 150k peds taken from card.
Someone makes auction mistake and lists 100CLD for 1800ped on auction.

You get 100CLD and 148 200 peds.
Seller gets 1800ped.

IF system would pay seller 1500*100 (maximum price determined by order) it would mean seller gets 150k ped. He still loses (if markup is lets say 1800) but he loses much less.

damn sorry helena...............

*edit*

future ref. when placing big auctions....
I never select the buyout option until end, incase i accidently click accept or something...
then i check and verify number of zeroes etc multiple times.....especeially before enabling buyout.
yet i'm sure you dont need my advice , this is just how i place expensive items on auc...

his "friends" talked with him and he just dont care, he got free stolen money.
Did you steal the money you gave him by mistake?
In that case, I don't really feel sorry for you.
Because he certainly didn't steal them from you.

And yes, sorry to hear about the mess. It always sucks when things like these happens.
I hope he'll be nice and return at least some of the money.

This really sucks, not much else to say.

Stuff like this does happen from time to time and it would be great to see atleast something change to prevent this from happening at the current rate.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail here and this one gets solved in a proper way.

mr infinity infinty got some of mine as well

bastard - i did the same with 10 aud some stupid misclick and boom gone. he got for price of 1. i asked him to give them back. he ignored me. how the hell they do that i dunno. seems like an inside job again too tho considering MA wouldnt even try to help.

bastard - i did the same with 10 aud some stupid misclick and boom gone. he got for price of 1. i asked him to give them back. he ignored me. how the hell they do that i dunno. seems like an inside job again too tho considering MA wouldnt even try to help.

Not inside job, but just MA cant punish someone for not breaking any rules. ATM they are not breaking any rules, BUT what MA Could do is change order system, it would fix this problem right away. (atleast with orders, if either of them has multiple avatars, then they are breaking other rules)

Too bad there isnt list you could add ppl, so no matter what happens they cant bid on your auction.

Yes but you get back those peds if BUYOUT is lower than that.

You set order for 100CLD for 1500ped each, 150k peds taken from card.
Someone makes auction mistake and lists 100CLD for 1800ped on auction.

You get 100CLD and 148 200 peds.
Seller gets 1800ped.

IF system would pay seller 1500*100 (maximum price determined by order) it would mean seller gets 150k ped. He still loses (if markup is lets say 1800) but he loses much less.

KK now i understand.

To be honest, i am not sure on the effect on AU with this. I will have to think on it.

Rgds

Ace

I remember this guy bidding 10k on a CLD Zorro had put long long ago while MA was putting them on auction as well. He blamed his connection for it; think he was bidding using virtual tycoon.
Zorro and he met up and Wirlo got his peds back. Think there was a thread about this on forum.

Sad to see when people that made a huge PED mistake gladly accept trade reversal, but refuse to act alike...

I remember this guy bidding 10k on a CLD Zorro had put long long ago while MA was putting them on auction as well. He blamed his connection for it; think he was bidding using virtual tycoon.
Zorro and he met up and Wirlo got his peds back. Think there was a thread about this on forum.

Sad to see when people that made a huge PED mistake gladly accept trade reversal, but refuse to act alike...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...WARNING-Guy-selling-deeds-for-12000-ped/page4

Yup you are right, this happened. Funny how one guy (Wirlo) has had MULTIPLE times he made auction mistake and refunded but this time he decides to stay away when he is the buyer.

Maybe hes nephew stole his account and is fooling us all atm, and now Wirlo comes back shoots him in the knee and refunds it :D? (i think only old time players remember this story about knee capping).

Yeah using tycoon i dont thing you get a window say are you sure, i made mistake selling alt trying scroll down and hit wrong button. This was when we had stupid bug at AH that kept saying not enough ped on card even when i plenty.

This dose keep happening with people and its a lot of money to lose and it something that needs addressing, but MA is crap to communicate with. Maybe this is something the President could fight for (Avatar rights) with so many different deeds in game now (land, MS, compets) its going to keep happening. Saying that I do understand that when a certain avatar asked how can you get confused with AUD and CLD as they look different? (even if was dickish way of asking it)

This seriously sucks and could happen to mostly anyone im guessing if tired/distracted enough
I hope for best in such cases but your agressivity on #trade won't put much of a help when instead of breaking good terms, you fall to accuse heavilly.

Best of luck and hope it gets sorted

I am truly sorry for your loss Helena :(.

Someone's loss another's ill gotten gains.

To be honest the whole auction system is very old and messy. They need to allow us to trade smaller values with markup, they need to allow private auctions as well.
It must suck that you lost that much Ped, but this happens quite often. I suspect Wirlo makes a big profit from all these mistakes, which are within the rules. I guess, be always mindful and triple check what you are selling!

Back