30000 ped just gone ...... [Auction mistake]

I think investment instruments like deeds need their own separate system.. as does shop searching you could easily revive the stock market type functionality and use those for all investment deeds.

Hey Wirlo look how happy you were back then , time to return the karma dont you think !

Nice find....I hope he reads this and thinks about it.

In the meantime, I hope MA fixes it soon because I am sick of them not fixing stuff and I am selling out. Fuck it. They enable scammers every day. Grow a pair of balls, MA.

They fix mistakes for chosen avatars, and say fuck you to the rest.

Well, it's time I say it back to MA...no more deposits....until I feel their head is sufficiently pulled far enough out of their ass.

@helena sucks!!! sry for your loss, not the first time this happens...

@MA: implement the following message:
WARNING, your offer will fill this order: [amount] of [item name] by [avatar name].
Are you absolutely sure?

This is just scary

I believe the chance to make such a mistake is never zero, no matter how much attention you pay and with enough time passing the possibility of triggering such an event is getting close to 100% without ever reaching it. Of course we might not life or play long enough to reach this close to 100% for everyone but some people are bound to do this mistake by statistics and this could be me or you.

Its daring to say it will never happen to me and whoever make such an mistake deserve it. Karma comes back and bite you maybe.

I hope this get sorted out somehow and at least a part of the peds can be recovered.

Mindark shoud put a big fat red warning in if you try to sell stuff way under the average value from the last 3 months. This would prevent the sale of multiple stacks for the price of one pice and selling Cld's for the AUD price.

How about a simple check against current markup for a deviation of say, greater than 30%, and an alert that says "Warning, this item is currently priced drastically below markup. Do you wish to proceed?"

I dont really like the nanny mentality, but in instances like this where the system could easily spot a user error if the computer logic had just a tiny bit of common sense included, I think it could be helpful.

How about a simple check against current markup for a deviation of say, greater than 30%, and an alert that says "Warning, this item is currently priced drastically below markup. Do you wish to proceed?"

I dont really like the nanny mentality, but in instances like this where the system could easily spot a user error if the computer logic had just a tiny bit of common sense included, I think it could be helpful.

As well as control market accidental market manipulation.

As well as control market accidental market manipulation.

They likely have a flag already that allows them to track cases of suspected manipulation. It might be easier to do this than previously thought. Engage the flag again, but with a dialogue box for users instead that specifies either below or above markup by a certain amount.

Would also help players learn the game, since they would doubtless be exposed to these issues when they first used the auction house.

To be honest. What is more horrible than you loosing 30.000 ped is the fact that the guy who bought your mistake, have been refunded for similiar events in the past. and now he's at the other end of the trade. hes dead silent to avoid helping you correct the mistake.

One of those moments when you want to puke over humanity :bs:

Solidarity, the community must speak.

In light of the President thing, I trust MA will listen.

Show your support.

Rick

ps: rushed it, spelling error...grrr.

MA support responded.

Although their response came across quite sympathetic of the situation, they felt it would set a precedence with similar historical trades, should they intervene this time. They have declined to assist with reversing the trade.

I've given this a lot of thought today.

I have no idea how this will effect Helena's future direction within EU. Although we have another instance that someone that probably deposits has lost out to someone that likely rapes the system and doesn't deposit at all.

I don't think that is the best approach to protecting those that really matter to MA's future earnings.

Rick

To be honest. What is more horrible than you loosing 30.000 ped is the fact that the guy who bought your mistake, have been refunded for similiar events in the past. and now he's at the other end of the trade. hes dead silent to avoid helping you correct the mistake.

One of those moments when you want to puke over humanity :bs:

As I heard someone say recently, "Payback is a bitch and her stripper name is Karma."

MA support responded.

Although their response came across quite sympathetic of the situation, they felt it would set a precedence with similar historical trades, should they intervene this time. They have declined to assist with reversing the trade.

I've given this a lot of thought today.

I have no idea how this will effect Helena's future direction within EU. Although we have another instance that someone that probably deposits has lost out to someone that likely rapes the system and doesn't deposit at all.

I don't think that is the best approach to protecting those that really matter to MA's future earnings.

Rick

Well, mindark intervening is not really a good precedent, as you say but mindark should redesign the auction interface. They have done similar things.. such as the warning about bidding your entire ped card by accident.

People are going to be what they are going to be. I made a mistake once by buying 2 bokol long bones for a really high price because it was discovered and I rushed to pick up the dna for khorum coast. Taco was nice enough to loan me the peds and I bought them. Then realized oops.. this wasn't the rare at all quite literally the moment I bought them. I asked the two individuals if they would be willing to refund and I'd let them keep 1000 ped given the situation. One was very willing to do this and understood.. the other told me to pound sand and that he needed the peds (regardless of how you get them). I won't forget the guy but his name rhymes with Michigan. I deposited with a credit card to pay taco back that same day.

Point being, we need to be extra careful when money is involved. Rush judgments never go well. And mindark needs to address the interfaces that are causing big error and high impact problems like the auction interface.

As I heard someone say recently, "Payback is a bitch and her stripper name is Karma."

Unfortunately there wont be any payback. Dedicated reseller accounts dont need any significant investment of time. They just need capital. This guy probably already has a second avatar. He will transfer all funds to that avatar and resell under that name, building up a new reputation.

Rep only means something if you have something to lose.

Well, mindark intervening is not really a good precedent, as you say but mindark should redesign the auction interface. They have done similar things.. such as the warning about bidding your entire ped card by accident.

The lack of ethics shown by the company here is astounding. They are clearly taking advantage of a player who may wish to maintain a level of assets within the product, forcing them to deposit again to that amount should they wish to continue at that level.

The precedent that should be set is the acknowledgement of a flaw in the design system, a full refund of resources to both parties, and a pledge to redevelop the interface to protect players through enhanced logic, as well as protect themselves. It's just smart business. If your system has shortcomings, you expose yourself to liability by not addressing those shortcomings.

Unfortunately there wont be any payback. Dedicated reseller accounts dont need any significant investment of time. They just need capital. This guy probably already has a second avatar. He will transfer all funds to that avatar and resell under that name, building up a new reputation.

The lack of ethics shown by the company here is astounding. They are clearly taking advantage of a player who may wish to maintain a level of assets within the product, forcing them to deposit again to that amount should they wish to continue at that level.

The precedent that should be set is the acknowledgement of a flaw in the design system, a full refund of resources to both parties, and a pledge to redevelop the interface to protect players through enhanced logic, as well as protect themselves. It's just smart business. If your system has shortcomings, you expose yourself to liability by not addressing those shortcomings.

Excellent post

Rick

That quote was directed at the real life person behind the avatar, not just the multiple PE accounts. The real life universe has a way of working these things out, not always, but one can hope it gets worked out equitably, one way or another :nutkick:

If individuals won't act, MindArk could fix it ... if MindArk doesn't, we could ... it's a dynamic balance, but only stays a balance if we act. Sure there are more important things to fight for, but this is if you will a test-environment for real-life.

Suggested solution: you all start advertising EU isn't safe to play at the moment, and thus no deposits for the time being - till they fix it. If they won't create a game environment worth logging into, we'll make sure people know and it will leave them with just the Wirlo's and their many avatars.

CURRENT STATE OF ENTROPIA UNIVERSE RCE : NOT SAFE TO DEPOSIT, NOT SAFE TO PLAY

No depos for me anymore (ouch). How do you pickup fruit? :laugh:

I have to agree with this.
I think that would be much more beneficial to players and especially new players using auction for first time or who are new to it, which may avoid some costly mistakes in the future.

:yup:

I want to thanks very much everyone that sent a support case to ask mindark to help me. Also the people that are still doing it.. Its really a pleasure to see there is good people on that planet.ty v

I ve told mindark everything i have been able to collect and there was really a lot about that guy..

They answered they cant reverse the auction but still they will look further about the guy.. I really hope a strong investigation about this person will be done because those kind of people dosnt have a soul and is a plague for every single player we are here.. He manipulated market, scammed a lot of people with stupid auction orders, and made millions of ped like that.Your peds, my peds.

I ve decided to wait the final outcome of all this shit, i dont forget that it was first my mistake, but it really broke something for me and i will very likely sell my valuables and play way less in that universe that i have been part since 2004.

Sometimes, we all need a sharp slap alongside our head to finally see reality.

There are dozens of "old timers" selling out/selling down because MA has turned to the dark side. The game is no longer anywhere near to what drew me here. Things just keep getting worse, with no respect or consideration for efforts we all have put into this game to improve our ava's, our armor, weapons, etc.

It's as if they're spitting in our face when they allow this kind of shit to even happen, then ignore our pleas for fairness and respect.

You know, it kinda makes me to want to do other stuff then play this game. Maybe clean my garage, or braid my hair.

A plane ticket anywhere in the world is less than $3,000.00. Just saying.

Those of you bleating about karma might want to do some research into Helena's history.

Those of you bleating about karma might want to do some research into Helena's history.

I tell you this Oleg. I feel like shit in game right now. I feel nothing but sadness about the whole situation and the state of the game in general, it's really affected me.

I had plans to top-up my Compet deeds when I get paid, but I'm having serious second thoughts. It just brings back bad memories of my own auction cock-ups.

Helena is on my FL and I can't remember why. Maybe it was helping with MM teams years gone by, or maybe the big land grab we tried against WSS a few years back.

Whatever it was, I'd be surprised if it was 30 thousand peds of returned karma.

I don't know....it just feels a little below the belt. You could enlighten us, but I don't think it's going to improve on my happiness levels the last 24 hours.

Based on Helena's last comment, looks like we're going to lose another long term player.....that just f***ing sucks. I don't see any karma in that.

Rick

Rick

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm sorry for your loss by mistake Helena :(

I'm sorry that there are people who lie in wait for our mistakes to get rich :(

The person who enriched themselves on someone harm should alone intervene and make all that everyone was satisfied.

XII

Very bad mistake, shit happens.

Hope you get the problem solved and the CLDs returned in any way.

18+ responsible gaming .... if you are in some web bet client you don`t bet on 5th league team against real madrid for 5k $ ;)

My standing about this is neutral cause same happened to me i got nothing.

I'm asking everyone that got issue with that avatar to send a support case, cause Mindark may be investigating on him atm. Even if that wont bring my peds back, i would feel really better to see such a <automoded> being punished.

That include the list of all his alts u know about, all his autobiddings to raise markups on the stuff he is making profit on. basically, any information on anything he do that is against EULA.

A big thanks to everyone that already helped me and everyone that is gonna do it..

Also, if there is some of you living close to <removed real world location>, plz send me a pm, ty

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm asking everyone that got issue with that avatar to send a support case, cause Mindark may be investigating on him atm. Even if that wont bring my peds back, i would feel really better to see such a <automoded> being punished.

That include the list of all his alts u know about, all his autobiddings to raise markups on the stuff he is making profit on. basically, any information on anything he do that is against EULA.

A big thanks to everyone that already helped me and everyone that is gonna do it..

Also, if there is some of you living close to <removed real world location>, plz send me a pm, ty

I hope his alt avatars get him locked for good. But i think he will create another one soon and will be back to old tricks in no time (just like one ukrainian trader/crafter/manipulator who got banned in july is now back and playing under name of famous astronaut now - atleast it looks like that very much )

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope his alt avatars get him locked for good. But i think he will create another one soon and will be back to old trick in no time (just like one ukrainian trader/crafter/manipulator who got banned in july is now back and playing under name of famous astronaut now - atleast it looks like that very much )

Well, considering the assets he have in game (we are talking about million peds artificially created and thats your peds, my peds) i wont care if he create a new account after all he stole is lost.

Back