True Story

narfi

Elite
Society
Lost Renegades
Narfi Hungry Willem
Conversation between a co-worker of mine and our ISP provider.

Friend: Our internet isn't working, can you look into that for us?

Support: Ok, I have looked into it and sent you an email with the steps you need to correct it.

Friend: Our internet isn't working, I can't receive emails.

Support: You don't need internet to get emails.

Friend: Um... you do need internet for email to work, so I can not receive your email.

Support: You do NOT need internet to receive emails, only to send them.

Friend: How does that work?

Agitated Support: IT JUST DOES, GOOGLE IT!

Friend: I cant google it, our internet isn't working.

........................................................................................

Instructions: Tell a true story with no embellishments.

Last edited:
GCI or ACS? ?Good story lol.

Thats amazing :D, ISP's really seem to have a cloud of stupid around them these days.

Probably a young intern that has grown up accessing email on the cell phone for as long as it can remember and can't imagine how else anyone would get their email :laugh:

And your new ISP is? :scratch2:

That my friend has to be a facebook post!

The bastard operator from hell :yay:

http://bofh.bjash.com/

The BOFH is a highly qualified individual who knows his shit quite thoroughly but is frustrated by the incompetence that surrounds him. He's currently having the clueless support dude for lunch.

Probably a young intern that has grown up accessing email on the cell phone for as long as it can remember and can't imagine how else anyone would get their email :laugh:

So true! But kind of funny in that he more or less stated that with the Internet you can always receive but can't send. If this was true I would sure like to hock up with this ISP! :)

:laugh: that's good one Narfi

Ah the joys of the help desk support person who only reads from the script and has no knowledge of how stuff works.

With my ISP I found it's easier to bypass them and post on the forum but it helps if you can do that.

with my isp i found it's easier to bypass them and post on the forum but it helps if you can do that.

Our Internet isn't working, I can't post on the forum!

:D

Reminds me of a member of this forum who knows it all and claims to have worked for an ISP support. :laugh:

Curious to know which ISP.

BTW, the the latest BOFH series is at The Register. New story every couple of weeks or so.

That's some funny shit!

:laugh:

True Story.

One time, I was sitting in my car in a gas station parking lot with my window open and was scratching off some lotto tickets in my lap. This lady stopped, jumped out of her car, started running over to me, yelling "OMG are you OK?"

Confused and startled, I said "Ummm yeah I am fine...just scratching off some lotto tickets" and I held up the tickets.

Then she looked embarrassed and jumped back in he car and drove away. I sat there for a few seconds wondering "WTF that was about?" and then went back to vigorously scratching some more tickets...finally I realized that only seeing my shoulders and head tilted down as she drove by, it totally must have looked like I was having a seizure.

Whoever that lady was, I want to thank her for caring. Also, the look on her face when I looked at her and showed her the tickets still makes me laugh to this day.

Everyone else now has to tell a completely random, short true story...and we can keep this thread going forever! Add instructions to the OP, Narfi!

Back