Login using 5GHz WiFi internet

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
I login daily while at work connected to the cell phone with LTE service. This works 100%

When im home I have 2 internet connections:

A Shaw 60 Mbps† download speed, and a 5GHZ also with 60 Mbps† ( SHAW Cable Advanced WiFi modem )
The 5GHZ wifi is used mostly for the Smart TV, Xbox and the girlfriend's iPhone.
2.4G is used for Entropia, web browsing, and reading PCF threads where people bitch about MA and LT Fivedolla bitches about them bitching.

Obviously the 5GHZ is the newest and the best internet, but I cant login to EU if I'm using it.

While connected with the 2.4G everything is normal, but when connected to 5G, after I enter the password I get:
Authorizing... Authorizing... frozen screen...not responding... and then I see the screen for the Golden card but if I try to type anything it goes back to the login screen.

So is it possible to connect to EU while using 5GHZ internet?

*Edited 5G to 5Ghz

Last edited:
1. tooooo much speed doesn't accepted by our server

2. .....girlfriend 's??? How many are they?

:laugh:

5G ? Must be a test site I guess, since it's still under testing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G

With that out of the way, the medium of connection should not matter, assuming it is an internet connection which is properly setup.

Regardless of 33.6k modem (but may lag alot), to fibre to 4/5g or anything else.

... PCF threads where people bitch about MA and LT Fivedolla bitches about them bitching...

Essence of this entire post. 5$ bitches about them bitches bitching on a totally bitched bitch forum. :rolleyes:

5G ? Must be a test site I guess, since it's still under testing.

No testing, Shaw cable Canada has it available to the public for over half a year now.
Mine was installed in June 2015

*just saw your link and that is different. That is a 5G generation!
This is a 5G radio witch is basically a 5Ghz instead of the normal 2.4 Ghz

Both signals are sent by the same router

Last edited:
How far is the route away from your PC? How many walls?
The 5GHz may have less range but can achive more speed than 2.4GHz

3G and 4G are shortnames names for technologies like HSUPA, HSDPA and LTE.
They has nothing todo with wifi.

Names for wifi technology always start with 802.11 plus one or more letters
a -> 5GHz up to 54mbit
b -> 2.4GHz up to 11mnit
g -> 2.4GHz up to 54mbit
an -> 5GHz more speed than a alone
gn-> 2.4GHz more speed than g alone
ac -> 5GHz more speed than an

No testing, Shaw cable Canada has it available to the public for over half a year now.
Mine was installed in June 2015

*just saw your link and that is different. That is a 5G generation!
This is a 5G radio witch is basically a 5Ghz instead of the normal 2.4 Ghz

Both signals are sent by the same router

In that case you mean 5Ghz n or ac router I guess.

I use a 5Ghz capable router at home and have no issues connecting to EU. Even if the signal is provided by an ISP or by your own router, the other part of my answer still applies - medium of connection does not matter as long as your connection is setup appropriately (and is good enough for the use you putting it to).

1. tooooo much speed doesn't accepted by our server

2. .....girlfriend 's??? How many are they?

:laugh:

Actually the OP got it right. The apostrophe before the "S" represents singular ownership of the iphone. If the OP had written girlfriends' it would represent that he had more than one girlfriend. As their is no "s" after iphone if he had written "girlfriends'" it would represent that the OP had multiple girlfriends who shared 1 iphone

To the OP I have no idea why you can't connect to your 5G but I hope you get it fixed

I currently live in Nigeria and use a 4G mobile radio transmitter to play EU. Although no way near as good as my 30 mbs back in the UK it does the job with no worse lag than my fibre connection and has the advantage of being completely mobile so I can play anywhere (4G coverage in Lagos is excellent)

medium of connection does not matter as long as your connection is setup appropriately (and is good enough for the use you putting it to).

I just reset it to factory settings but there is no Way I can login while connected to the 5ghz.
It does the same thing every time... this is weird

U just a little bit ahead of time.
Kiddin' :)
Actually that "5G" was a typo. U have 4G Internet.

On the 22nd of January 2016, the Swedish mobile network equipment maker Ericsson said it had partnered with TeliaSonera to develop 5G services based on TeliaSonera's network and Ericsson's 5G technology. The partnership aims to provide 5G services to TeliaSonera customers in Stockholm, Sweden and Tallinn, Estonia in 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G
Above is the earliest expected 5G launch. The large scale deployment is expected to happen 2020+.

U just a little bit ahead of time.
Kiddin' :)
Actually that "5G" was a typo. U have 4G Internet.

Above is the earliest expected 5G launch. The large scale deployment is expected to happen 2020+.

Yes, mine is not 5G internet, its 4g but one with 2.4Ghz and 1 with 5GHZ ( that doesnt let me login)

How far is the route away from your PC? How many walls?
The 5GHz may have less range but can achive more speed than 2.4GHz

No walls, and Im probably 5 meters away.
The main reason I wanted to use it, is because when i do the ping test I get 4ms better result than with the 2.4 g

moderator.jpg

Changed thread title from "5G" to "5GHz" since 5G is something completely different.

No problems here either using 5GHz band on router or ap.

No problem on my Asus RT-AC68 at 5GHz but remember that the signal strength and range drops a lot faster than 2.4GHz.

But with only 3 out of 5 wifi bars I can still max out a 50Mb fibre connection through 4 walls at close to 10m.

Last edited:
That is really strange.

I would try to run https://www.pingplotter.com/ while login to see if there is something strange going on during login.
Set it to do a ping every 100ms to 3 different locations:
your router, login.entropiauniverse.com and google.com

I used to have the same problem,

get Droid VPN, I think thats the name of it.

Its 4 or 5 dollars a month, works great with tethering software, its unlimited data and has many locations so its as fast as your connection will allow.

I dont tether my phone any more to avoid legal mumbo jumbo, but I used to have a sketchy ISP and the only way to get back to the net was a good ol tether!

But it has to do with EU, if I run HMA VPN then I have the same problem, it hangs forever in authorizing but if I use Strong VPN works fine.

Bah I forgot, latency.... theres a good chance that if your having to long of data exchanges EU program might think your using a lagging method and reject the connection.

Also if you IP is cycling for whatever reason EU will reject. Also try running through a secure DNS, or any other DNS except your default.

Last edited:
Bit old thread but I can login perfectly to EU but once hunting I get a LOT (50%) of "Failed" errors while shooting mobs using 5ghz. When I switch to 2.4ghz there's no such issue. I'm next to my router and speedtests tell me I hit my connection cap (195Mbps download and 24Mbps upload)
I also have no issue when connected wired.

Ping tests to www.google.com etc don't show any packet loss. It seems like the issue is packet loss, but I can't confirm it with my own ping tests. Also I have no issue with other games I play using 5ghz.

Could it be so that something is blocking the 5 GHz access Point or the distance is more than say 20m?

Though 5 GHz has the advantage of less disturbance (due to less other gagets, and water, using 2.4 Ghz band), its higher frequency means it has a bit less coverage over distance. The higher the frequency is, the more it behaves like light.

Generally: Have you tried to mount the access Point high (Close to ceiling rather than on a desk)? (This applies to 2.4 Ghz where the beam usually is blocked by ~70 kg:s "bags of water".) (Well, theoretically.)

Last edited:
Could it be so that something is blocking the 5 GHz access Point or the distance is more than say 20m?

Though 5 GHz has the advantage of less disturbance (due to less other gagets, and water, using 2.4 Ghz band), its higher frequency means it has a bit less coverage over distance. The higher the frequency is, the more it behaves like light.

Generally: Have you tried to mount the access Point high (Close to ceiling rather than on a desk)? (This applies to 2.4 Ghz where the beam usually is blocked by ~70 kg:s "bags of water".) (Well, theoretically.)

I appreciate the feedback. But we're talking 4-5m and no walls blocking it. So interference seems unlikely. Even so, I'd see lesser throughput in general and more than likely issues with ping and other games in general?

Did some more testing. No changes to the setup and I've had less issues now. Sometimes some lag spikes, but mainly no real big problems...
Still odd behavior though :/

Did some more testing. No changes to the setup and I've had less issues now. Sometimes some lag spikes, but mainly no real big problems...
Still odd behavior though :/

Are you on a laptop?

On my ultrabook, 5ghz is great (when I'm in range) until my laptop gets hot, and then it slows to potato speeds. Switching to 2.4ghz gets things back to normal (talking even webpages etc here, but laptop getting very hot, maybe 3-4 hours of a game).

Are you on a laptop?

On my ultrabook, 5ghz is great (when I'm in range) until my laptop gets hot, and then it slows to potato speeds. Switching to 2.4ghz gets things back to normal (talking even webpages etc here, but laptop getting very hot, maybe 3-4 hours of a game).

No I'm not. But I have a laptop which I can run EU on as well, so I will give that a go to see if there's a difference. Yet it's other hardware..
Yesterday I tested for another hour and saw some issue with connectivity again. On the other hand, it might also just be EU itself? From what I've read on the chat, it seems that there are lag issues in general?

There was a post from the developers here on this forum about playing over WiFi. It was some time ago can't find it any more, I remember the message was the packet sizes on wired/mobile networks and WiFi networks are (often) different. If they are different all packets obviously have to be opened and repackaged on-the-fly. This could cause some lag.
Most devices allow changing the packet sizes manually but that's expert level, average user can't do it. So their advice was to avoid playing over WiFi if possible.

Since then all devices (including the processors inside routes and modems) have become much more powerful, even some network protocols have changed, etc... so I'm not sure if it's still an issue... Anyway, something similar may happen at some point on the network packets route and cause those strange unexpected results? :dunno:

Last edited:
No I'm not. But I have a laptop which I can run EU on as well, so I will give that a go to see if there's a difference. Yet it's other hardware..
Yesterday I tested for another hour and saw some issue with connectivity again. On the other hand, it might also just be EU itself? From what I've read on the chat, it seems that there are lag issues in general?

It's odd that you have no issues on 2.4 or wired however. EU in itself can't cause hardware issues like that (to EU, there would be no difference if you were connected to 5ghz, 2.4ghz, or smoke signals as long as the latency & bandwidth were there).

It could be some hardware issue regarding uploading via 5ghz or something. Tbh, sitting right next to your router, I'd just leave it on 2.4ghz. You're not going to get any interference and 100mbit is more than enough.

Back