MindArk's new Voting System Rules

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
I found this a bit funny reading into the rules for voting and how the votes will be counted. Sad to say your vote will not be worth 1 vote. Depending on how MA wants the vote to go your vote could be worth 1 to who knows what the max is:

Q. Will all votes be counted equally?

A. Each registered voter will have one Vote. Voters will be provided a questionnaire prior to the election to determine their current level of experience in virtual reality. Votes will be weighted according to experience and current involvement in virtual reality. For example if your auntie registers to vote and her only experience with VR is from watching the movie The Matrix, then her vote might count as one, but if she registers to vote with her Facebook account and shares the news of the election with her friends the weight of her vote will increase. If your sister registers to vote and she is a self-proclaimed Minecraft fanatic, her vote will outweigh your brother who only plays cricket. If your cousin is the founder of a gigantic social network and he registers his company to join the coalition for a United Virtual Reality, his company will receive a maximum voting weight. If your uncle is the owner of a virtual reality medical training company and that company registers to join the coalition, then his company may also receive a maximum weighted vote. If everyone on a large social network registered to vote, those Votes would far outweigh the vote of the social network company itself. If you yourself have an avatar in Entropia Universe and have been active for ten years then your vote will outweigh a noob who started last month.

I found this a bit funny reading into the rules for voting and how the votes will be counted. Sad to say your vote will not be worth 1 vote. Depending on how MA wants the vote to go your vote could be worth 1 to who knows what the max is:

Q. Will all votes be counted equally?

A. Each registered voter will have one Vote. Voters will be provided a questionnaire prior to the election to determine their current level of experience in virtual reality. Votes will be weighted according to experience and current involvement in virtual reality. For example if your auntie registers to vote and her only experience with VR is from watching the movie The Matrix, then her vote might count as one, but if she registers to vote with her Facebook account and shares the news of the election with her friends the weight of her vote will increase. If your sister registers to vote and she is a self-proclaimed Minecraft fanatic, her vote will outweigh your brother who only plays cricket. If your cousin is the founder of a gigantic social network and he registers his company to join the coalition for a United Virtual Reality, his company will receive a maximum voting weight. If your uncle is the owner of a virtual reality medical training company and that company registers to join the coalition, then his company may also receive a maximum weighted vote. If everyone on a large social network registered to vote, those Votes would far outweigh the vote of the social network company itself. If you yourself have an avatar in Entropia Universe and have been active for ten years then your vote will outweigh a noob who started last month.

Dont stress to much about this, the results are decided already

Dont stress to much about this, the results are decided already

Agreed, as far as I know there is only one person who is running for President of VR :)

and voting went into the bin , next please

Haha so unclear ... what a joke :)

Looks like MA are trying to make people vote using social media, and forcing people to tell everyone else about it, to make your vote 'worth' more. Now that is a new low for MA, if you ask me.

Rgds

Ace

haha that was beyond crazy! come on! is it children that works at MA?

using the word noob in a "supose to be" serious thing... oh my

this must be the dumbest election ever!

Damn, hurry up and create the next Facebook before you vote guys!!! :dunce:

haha that was beyond crazy! come on! is it children that works at MA?

using the word noob in a "supose to be" serious thing... oh my

this must be the dumbest election ever!

Agree, that word doesn't go in my vocabulary (we all started somewhere, no point to mark those newcomers).

So how much does my vote count if I am a dickhead?

So how much does my vote count if I am a dickhead?

Since you are a long time player I'm guessing your vote will be worth 10. But for every support case you submitted that will take 5 votes off your total. Any votes under 0 will count as no looters * 10000

And i self proclaim myself being the president of the mars. Your dogs and cats can vote for me only, however a cat vote outwight those of a dog unless the dog is pink and talk klingon. in that case his vote have the max power.

Legally there isnt a difference between me and mindark to hold this kind of elections and make up some wired president positions. there is only a difference in money they are willing to spend to promote this.

yours

the new president of the mars

And i self proclaim myself being the president of the mars. Your dogs and cats can vote for me only, however a cat vote outwight those of a dog unless the dog is pink and talk klingon. in that case his vote have the max power.

Legally there isnt a difference between me and mindark to hold this kind of elections and make up some wired president positions. there is only a difference in money they are willing to spend to promote this.

yours

Sweet, if you get a taco bell there I can grow lots of potatos!

Wow, just wow. You get to vote, but we'll decide weather or not to count it. Can MA be any more screwed up in the way they do things? Wait, scratch that. Every time I think they've done something so dumb as that they can't get any dumber, they top themselves.

Aren't companies supposed to get better at their business as the mature? Will MA ever mature? This is just another example of them making things so vague so that when they change the rules after the fact they can somehow justify it by being so sketchy in the first place. Why would we trust that the "President of Virtual Reality" would be anything other than another figurehead when they've basically admitted that they're going to install whoever they want, regardless of voting?

What's the point of all this anyways? The really do think we're a bunch of idiots to be led like lambs to the slaughter. I guess as long as we let them continue to lead us......we ARE the idiots.

yours

Yeah, the money you have to pay to even run for office. I guess if you pay them more than the original 1000 ped fee, you get a better chance of winning the election. Isn't that how it always is with MA?

Have MindArk said whether or not it will be possible to spoil your ballot paper?

Additionally, Entropia Universe will be implementing its proprietary secure Virtual Democracy voting system that will set a shining example for real-world governments, and will allow citizens of virtual reality to vote on important issues and elect leaders to represent their interests.

That's an excerpt from the news wire press release. Which governments are we talking about because with most truly democratic countries everyone's vote is equal (in theory) and not determined by how famous they are.

You can't call it a shining example when there's only one person running but I could pay to get 1,000,000 twitter followers and see what happens, it's less than most spend on a month of hunting ;)

Although it's a bit late for most to catch on as it's been on the website for two months now, most must of missed it as I seem to remember someone else pointed it out at the time.

Last edited:
The Vote is a meaningless tool.

NEW ON MINDARKS WEBSHOP!

ONE VOTE for only 50 PEDS!

NEW ON MINDARKS WEBSHOP!

ONE VOTE for only 50 PEDS!

Vote Boosters!! NO WAY!! GOT TO GET ME ONE!

(Sad to type but you made MA say 'HMM')

I typically deduct 30 IQ from anyone who uses Facebook.

And if you think you're clever and use it, create a new thread, maybe do some research.

If I have to use Facebook to vote in this game then I guess my vote wont be registered. So it is down to the rest of you.

Reactions: San
Anything that is Facebook only can hopefully be rolled up into a cylinder and I'll fly to Sweden.
I assume I can insert it that way.

Not a threat, more a "rethink required" from those that are 3 steps from the playerbase.

Or do it the Facebook way, fine by me. I'm still not getting an account. :silly2:

[I said that outloud, I'll try and rework it]

The funniest thing ever is the face of someone who is facing someone who doesn't care about the reply.

I LOVE IT. Strawberry Cheesecake with extra Cream. Trust me. :)

Last edited:
Back