Rifle / Carabin price check - you opinion

This is always a fascinating topic. After much discussion it appears that the price of any weapon is down to who wants it and what will they pay ;)

Depends what you want to use them for ...

If we talk regular hunting, I for one would not pay more than 7-8k on the last 2. First one is old school not so eco, maybe 5k. I seen sales offers on this forum asking for more than double that ... to explain my reasoning : Shagadi + amp VI - can get that combo for 1k and is damn eco and enough dps :laugh:

So I'd say you pay primarily for range on the above weaps - don't think anyone considers BLP skill anymore as that you can easily skill otherwise. In today's market, flooded by extremely cheap L guns, I'd really like to hear a good reason why to invest over 15k in an UL weap :) no to mention volatility of investment, like we've seen many times with MA ... Events are no reasoning anymore either, as even MM turned into a kind of lottery :laugh:

but that's just my view, depends a lot what u plan to use it for ...

If we compare melee not a whole lot
If we compare the eco/range it has a bit more worth
among those 3 alone

R150 under 10k surelly due to its low eco with dante 2.85x ~
Calytrek has dps, for blp side, 2.92 eco i think so i'd say 12-14k @low tier
K7 i can speak in first hand as i bought last 3-4 ingame, (for me and friends if you wonder) they were mid-high tier and went from 14-16k.

Hope it helps
Cheers

This is always a fascinating topic. After much discussion it appears that the price of any weapon is down to who wants it and what will they pay ;)

Of course all prices are relative and comes down to who is buying and what is he willing to pay.
But well , some kind of prices are established.

When you are a buyer, you need to asses all alternatives, what is the similar L counterpart, how much you hunt and how quickly you can make the money or portion of money back.

You can take a simple example with some small weapons like EWE LC-100, if the L gun 110%, you burn the TT every day, you save 17.3 peds a day, that means you save 6.2k peds a year.. Now the gun is selling for 5k, so you can say that you can use it for a year, then TT it, and still make profit :).

Now with bigger guns it's slightly different, yes you save on MU, but bigger guns enable you other things, they might have higher ECO, the higher DPS saves you on armor decay, you save on mob regen etc.. It's just more variables to count, but still you should be able to roughly calculate yourself what you can save :)

A golden rule is never buy UNL SIB if you do not plan on grinding :), because only by grinding you make it worthy.

Now in regards to Joeys question: The Assasin lacks ECO for today, the general eco population is just much higher. With Kalous and Spirit MK1, just calculate how much TT you are gonna burn, and what is the price of L version. Both guns are decent mid level grinders, mainly given the range. I personally would not pay more then 10k (that would be the ceiling). And also would not run around with 8 dmg enhancers slotted, the guns are too small to use enhancers during daily hunts (yeah, bigger mob, or teamhunt, but not daily grind). If you want more DPS< just look for bigger weapon.

Pecka

I don't know why people keep throwing the melee comparative around.

Melee is awesome right now, but I can hunt so many things due to long range that I couldn't even touch with melee... The "just use a tagger" excuse is also pretty dumb, I can hunt high hp/damage slowish mobs exclusively due to having nice range. And high hp/damage regular moving mobs gets to half hp by the time they hit me. Good luck killing those at melee range.

And I'm not even talking about the armor/fap decay you save by having range in opposite to melee. Log your runs and you'll see for yourself.

Now, if you are one of those hunters that like having 5 mobs hitting you while you kill one then ignore everything I wrote, but that's entirely your problem and you are paying heaps for such hunt style.

So yeah, melee was never as cool as it is now... but there's a good reason why it's so cheap.

On topic, Manique pricecheck makes sense so I wont repeat.

I don't know why people keep throwing the melee comparative around.

Melee is awesome right now, but I can hunt so many things due to long range that I couldn't even touch with melee... The "just use a tagger" excuse is also pretty dumb, I can hunt high hp/damage slowish mobs exclusively due to having nice range. And high hp/damage regular moving mobs gets to half hp by the time they hit me. Good luck killing those at melee range.

And I'm not even talking about the armor/fap decay you save by having range in opposite to melee. Log your runs and you'll see for yourself.

Now, if you are one of those hunters that like having 5 mobs hitting you while you kill one then ignore everything I wrote, but that's entirely your problem and you are paying heaps for such hunt style.

So yeah, melee was never as cool as it is now... but there's a good reason why it's so cheap.

On topic, Manique pricecheck makes sense so I wont repeat.

Also on the right skills / mob / overall gear, melee is still a good viable option.
I hunted with melee thru most of 2015 and it was fairly reasonable due to the high eco, but i never went way over my lvl (rarely) to avoid the increased deffensive costs, and i aquired a adj restoration chip to fight that some aswell.

What p3cka said couldnt be much right. smaller guns the supply is plentifull and cheap, but the confort of unl is better specially because today's unl sib, has the exact same decay as (L), in the past something like R150 had some more decay, so if you managed to buy it at XXX % you'd be better off using (L) but the supply wasnt good.
The same goes on his go on bigger guns so i wont add more there.

Melee is good up to lvl 50-60. no doubt, making it a main weapon for long becames boring and thats what happened to me, you dont have anything to aim past after shagadi/songkra, few options and at tremendous price increase, and cant really call it a proper upgrade.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are bringing melee up as its like comparing apples to oranges and I'm sure you're aware of the value range brings or else you'd be asking for melee. :D i'll nonetheless give you my opinion on the three weapons you specified.

-CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.I
Best bang for the buck out of all three options hands down.
Range= 72.6
Price= around 13-15k (I personally wouldn't pay more than 14k in today's market)
Amp= Dante 1.6k

-MarCorp Kallous-7

Range=73.7
Price= Not sure as I've never been really interested in them but would not pay more than what i'd pay for a spirit.
Amp= in order to have same base dps as spirit+dante you would need an Omegaton A204 Overcharged. I know simple A204s are ~15k and HyperA204~30k so....
An amp of comparable cost would be the A106 and would actually give .007 better eco than spirit+dante, but around ~5 less base dps.

-Assassin R150

Unless you believe dpp is unimportant, I won't even waste my time trying to evaluate this weapon. Skip this one.

In summary, being a long time user of a T8 spirit mk.i i'd highly recommend going for this option. The Eco/range/dps was great for me at that level. Contrary to what others have posted in this thread, I ran that bad boy with 8 damage enhancers all day erry day and still profited :). The only reason i'd pick K-7 over spirit would be that you were interested in upgrading to M83 (huge range and eco) and possibly IMk.II. There really isn't too many ranged options past the spirits as of the date of this posting and the only easily available upgrades such as omegaton bucketful (lvl 55) and DOA (lvl 80) really lack in the range department putting the sniper title to shame. If your looking for value - Spirit. If your looking for a better upgrade path - K7. If your looking to reminisce about the good ol' days - Assassin.

I agree with most of this post, except the pay 13k - 15k for a Spirit. I'm selling a tier 7.9 version and my price is negotiable, but I know from first hand experience Holidae would never sell one so low, so I wonder why his comments seem to undercut the (true imo) value of +15k - +17k dependent on tiers and remaining numbers? Maybe he's looking to flip another one for big profit?

As someone who owned (and loved using) an r150, it saddens me to say that with the latest guns it is worth around 8-10K IMO depending on tier.

The spirit MKI is 12.5-15.5K depending on tier

Kallous-7 (due to being laser and a bit rare) 14-16K depending on tier.

I agree with most of this post, except the pay 13k - 15k for a Spirit. I'm selling a tier 7.9 version and my price is negotiable, but I know from first hand experience Holidae would never sell one so low, so I wonder why his comments seem to undercut the (true imo) value of +15k - +17k dependent on tiers and remaining numbers? Maybe he's looking to flip another one for big profit?

I never said I would sell one that low. (No need to buyone now either) As you can see with my history of selling things I take my sweet time. My comment only reflects the no sales I see on auction and how quick people are to sell there items at discounted prices.there's currently one t7 on auction for 15.5ksb let's see what happens. Yours is negotiable? Are you saying you wouldn't undercut the one in auction to get the sale?

Last edited:
I never said I would sell one that low. (No need to buyone now either) As you can see with my history of selling things I take my sweet time. My comment only reflects the no sales I see on auction and how quick people are to sell there items at discounted prices.there's currently one t7 on auction for 15.5ksb let's see what happens. Yours is negotiable? Are you saying you wouldn't undercut the one in auction to get the sale?

Negotiable yes, but no, I wouldn't undercut that +15.5k price to get the sale, not when a little patience goes a long way and it's such fun shooter to use. I think we'd both agree +15.5k is a great price for T7.2, the difference with mine is it's only a click away from T8 and big numbers making T10 within the next couple of months a real possibility. For that I'll negotiate around +17k or maybe accept some items in trade, but not a full 10% discount on one of the best BLP rifles out there. Spot on take of value and the market though.

Not exactly a rifle, but since people are mentioning melee, it wouldn't hurt to also consider a Ranked Scorpion laser pistol as an affordable option in this dps/dpp/cost range.

W/105 + 8 dmg enhancers: 96.2 dps / 2.897 dpp
W/oc204 +8 dmg enhancers (the biggest UL amp it will take, which is how I have mine configured): 104dps / 2.909 dpp

It's got a 37.4 m range which is long enough to reach out and touch mobs in a spawn, but most of the time I pull with my arso chip if its close, or tag with my ff8k and pre-damage with one of the L 240s I looted from eomon migration depending how I feel. Range doesn't matter much to me, most mobs move into range pretty fast anyway. I love the 67 attack speed for a number of reasons. Prices are in the range of what other weapons are being quoted here depending on tiers. Downsides, some don't like the fast attack speed because it breaks more enhancers, I guess that could be balanced out with the idea that you supposedly get more green lines with a faster weapon, I don't know I never investigated it, just some comment someone made. The other downside is you can't put it on auction to sell, which is an abomination of the whole RCE concept imo, but w/e, people buy and sell them all the time.

Concerning some of the opinions expressed in this thread ...

FACT : a CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.I tier 3.9 just spent 7 days in AH at SB:+13k and BO:+14.5k with no bids
... and is now for sale in the forum.

but what do I know ?? :laugh: re-sellers always know best :silly2:

Bought a T5 K7 for..... Was it 13,5K? And was offered a high tiered spirit with a Dante for 12,5K IIRC.

Depending on your patience, the price can jump quite a bit. So I'd say:

K7: 12,5k up to 17,5k depending on tiers and patience.
Mk I: 10K up to 15k depending on tiers and patience.

If you are a buyer, make sure to have the money on your card once the opportunity shows up.v

I am biased and see the assassin as the better buy, but ofc mine is T10.
I paid 22k I think for T6? And I would do it again, it has paid for itself already.

There are many reasons why this would still be my choice, without hesitation.

Eco is only part of the formula. It "deprecated" these kinds of weapons for a reason.

The TT value of the assassin does not limit you constant repairs. I need a longer hunt to be effective from my experience than the low tt value of the other weapons offer.

I suspect Entropedia is wrong, as I am unsure anyone has had full TT AND did the fruit test for the actual decay for Entropedia.

compare it to a Mod tegretov for example. (2.999 eco)

The assassin R150 is actually cheaper in decay per shot with the same ammo burn.

Sure the tegretov has 6 more damage....but its un-ampable (Dante fits assassin perfectly...no over-amperage) and thus not going to fully be part of the equation...one in which the dante improves upon 100% for the assassin.

The assassin has far less ammo burn and more decay in the weapon, this is an overlooked ratio.

A few other reasons of course, but keep in mind eco is not the end all of the discussion.

My HOFS, and tracker record should show this gun can handle anything, with a higher global rate per hour than those who own the other mentioned guns. (as far as I know)

Last edited:
I paid 22k I think for T6? And I would do it again, it has paid for itself already.

Eco is only part of the formula. It "deprecated" these kinds of weapons for a reason.

The TT value of the assassin does not limit you constant repairs. I need a longer hunt to be effective from my experience than the low tt value of the other weapons offer.

I suspect Entropedia is wrong, as I am unsure anyone has had full TT AND did the fruit test for the actual decay for Entropedia.

The assassin R150 is actually cheaper in decay per shot with the same ammo burn.

Sure the tegretov has 6 more damage....but its un-ampable (Dante fits assassin perfectly...no over-amperage) and thus not going to fully be part of the equation...one in which the dante improves upon 100% for the assassin.

The assassin has far less ammo burn and more decay in the weapon, this is an overlooked ratio.

A few other reasons of course, but keep in mind eco is not the end all of the discussion.

My HOFS, and tracker record should show this gun can handle anything, with a higher global rate per hour than those who own the other mentioned guns. (as far as I know)

Call me biased as well, cause I used Assassin almost exclusively till I unlocked Commando, but I think it's very underestimated gun.

I have detailed logs covering all my hunts since beginning of 2012 and I can definitely say that there is no difference in % tt returns while using old SIB guns with eco ~2.85 vs new SIBs wit eco ~2.95.
NO difference in tt returns AT ALL!

Why it is like that I have no idea...

Call me biased as well, cause I used Assassin almost exclusively till I unlocked Commando, but I think it's very underestimated gun.

I have detailed logs covering all my hunts since beginning of 2012 and I can definitely say that there is no difference in % tt returns while using old SIB guns with eco ~2.85 vs new SIBs wit eco ~2.95.
NO difference in tt returns AT ALL!

Why it is like that I have no idea...

Would you please clarify, do you mean that you get exactly the same amount of loot (To contradict the old myth of high decay giving less loot or something the like)
Or that you get the same avreage return in % (also called ROI I think)

Would you please clarify, do you mean that you get exactly the same amount of loot (To contradict the old myth of high decay giving less loot or something the like)
Or that you get the same avreage return in % (also called ROI I think)

Same average (over long time) % tt return with older vs newer SIB.

Forgo,

I want to understand you correctly. Are you suggesting that the Assassin R150 is more eco than what Entropedia says it is. Do you have testing or data to back this up? Why hasn't someone updated Entropedia with the correct data if this is true.

You also said there were a "few other reasons" why it was better. I'm curious as well what these reasons are. If you don't want to share them publicly please PM me -- if you don't want to share them privately... well :mad::mad::mad:

I'm only asking because I'm curious, I don't want you to get the impression that I don't believe you (if that indeed is what you're suggesting).

Thanks!

-MsP :girl:

Forgo, the fact you global more is based on the dps you roll with (full dmg enhanced), ped cycled, and obviously mob size
I know few R150 owners, I had one myself... it was a good gun at its time, due to RL issues i had sold it in the past to withdraw.
About TT, most guns today decay less but use more ammo, and lets face it do you really need 13.7k tt if my memory doesnt fail on me? :D
About the decay, I might have one in my hands to test, and if i conclude something, i will update entropedia myself, but im quite sure its right for this single reason.

Since when i bought R150 it had a MASSIVE tt, so i made exact calculations how much ammo / decay on the weapon (according to entropedia) a run would be purelly on offensive cost (gun, ammo, amp) and it matched the decay on entropedia perfectly (I noted down starting tt / end tt for the gun obviously).

As for the tegretov
Even if you overload it, it is still better than using a beast on it if you check the numbers or do the manual calcs yourself.

Last but not least!
As i keep stating, Eco is just not the nr that entropedia gives you, it is your overall setup
An average player would have no advantage even if it had 3.5 eco with 20 dps on a mob say like atrox. The defensive cost, regen, would make the kill more expensive and would kill the eco.

Also! Forgo, if you are a non eco believer (im unsure obviously) why to use a mod restoration chip which is sick eco, to hunt with no armor, and not opt for armor+fap ?

If i get a chance to try and do the fruit test, i will and update this thread
Cheers guys

Last edited:
I got my chance to give a shot on R150 earlier than i tought

Initial TT was 456.45818 (confirmed in trade with blazar)
I went out, shot exactly 1 single time 1 mob.
The tt afterwards was (after checking with blazar) 456.41071

So that makes it 456.45818 - 456.41071 = 0.04747 /shot
So this confirms exactly the same as stated on entropedia

Hopefully that cleared that one out cos my curiosity was ticking in :laugh:

I got my chance to give a shot on R150 earlier than i tought

Initial TT was 456.45818 (confirmed in trade with blazar)
I went out, shot exactly 1 single time 1 mob.
The tt afterwards was (after checking with blazar) 456.41071

So that makes it 456.45818 - 456.41071 = 0.04747 /shot
So this confirms exactly the same as stated on entropedia

Hopefully that cleared that one out cos my curiosity was ticking in :laugh:

Nice work Manique!

I'm still curious to hear from Forgo himself, he mentioned "other reasons" that have piqued my interest. Now I just wait to hear from the man himself... :cool:

Also, if I'm understanding Forgo correctly he is suggesting that you need full TT to do the test properly? Or what exactly did you mean Forgo when you said:

"I suspect Entropedia is wrong, as I am unsure anyone has had full TT AND did the fruit test for the actual decay for Entropedia."
-Forgo

Now we just wait for him to respond.

:popcorn:

Also, if I'm understanding Forgo correctly he is suggesting that you need full TT to do the test properly? Or what exactly did you mean Forgo when you said:

Now we just wait for him to respond.

:popcorn:

As i said before eco isnt just nr of entropedia :)
The fact he uses dmg enhancer brings him a ton of dps at t10 and more dps = less defensive cost
But again it stresses even more the base 2.7xx eco on the R150 and drop it even further, making the dante's eco boost affect drop aswell

Back