Approved posts only? can that

LMTR14

Alpha
Thomas LMTR14 Reisinger
approved-only posting is EXTREMELY discouraging. you should disable that as soon as possible. I want to see my post as soon as I enter it, if only to see the posting process has worked and I haven't just lost something I spend 10 min or even 1 hour on.

As a new member, your first posts must be manually approved by a moderator.

(In this case, it took one whole minute for that to happen).

It's just one of the multiple layers of defence that keeps our forum so free of spam.

approved-only posting is EXTREMELY discouraging. you should disable that as soon as possible. I want to see my post as soon as I enter it, if only to see the posting process has worked and I haven't just lost something I spend 10 min or even 1 hour on.

It will go away after you get more known i think..

It is to get rid of bots.

Almost every forum on the internet have a huge problem with spam accounts.
To reduce the amount of visible posts of such accounts every post of a new account has to be checked.

Only certain posts made by new members are automatically flagged for moderator review, including all posts containing hyperlinks.

Once a new member account has reached 10 posts, the account is automatically promoted to the regular member usergroup and is no longer subject to automoderation.

As mentioned, these policies dramatically decrease the amount of spam messages that plague most other internet forums, and thus make PCF more enjoyable for all members and visitors.

I can still see it drive away a lot of potential participants, which likely I've never seen such a system anywhere else (but on the forum for the new unreal tournament - and guess what, I've never actually gone back there!)

edit: oh and I'm approved now it seems. nice

I can still see it drive away a lot of potential participants, which likely I've never seen such a system anywhere else (but on the forum for the new unreal tournament - and guess what, I've never actually gone back there!)

Way to start out in this forum..

Um Welcome? :scratch2: Hope all works out for you in this game.

No, you just didn't include a url thus the post wasnt blocked automatically.

Welcome to the forum!

I am guessing you are not a bot.

Welcome to the forum!

I am guessing you are not a bot.

He's called LMTR14. That sounds suspiciously similar to CP3O and R2D2. Definitely a robot.

Um Welcome? :scratch2: Hope all works out for you in this game.

Poor bastard is really screwed, isn't he? :laugh:

If the forum thing puts him on tilt, I'll give him about a week before he rage quits EU. :laugh:

TBH, I hate to prove that I'm not a robot too. Besides the fact that they mean to say "prove you're not a piece of software"; since who the heck would make a robot to sit at the computer and make log-ins to spam stuff :scratch2:

Also, MA's version seems more akin to "prove that you have basic math skills"; which is like, why would you play EU if you have any math skills :scratch2: :laugh:

They also seem to pop up in the weirdest places and some of them are stupidly hard. They even make me doubt if I'm not a robot.
And the worst part is that there are two robots on this forum! newsbot and ms newsbot.

All in all, I'm just waiting for our youth in this days to include androids and robots in their gender fluidity.
Imagine someone saying I'm a gay male android with female software but I identify myself as a bi-curious female robot; so I should be entitled to my own oil change station. Ofcourse you are, but we might have to add a Chapta to it :D

TBH, I hate to prove that I'm not a robot too. Besides the fact that they mean to say "prove you're not a piece of software"; since who the heck would make a robot to sit at the computer and make log-ins to spam stuff :scratch2:

Also, MA's version seems more akin to "prove that you have basic math skills"; which is like, why would you play EU if you have any math skills :scratch2: :laugh:

They also seem to pop up in the weirdest places and some of them are stupidly hard. They even make me doubt if I'm not a robot.
And the worst part is that there are two robots on this forum! newsbot and ms newsbot.

All in all, I'm just waiting for our youth in this days to include androids and robots in their gender fluidity.
Imagine someone saying I'm a gay male android with female software but I identify myself as a bi-curious female robot; so I should be entitled to my own oil change station. Ofcourse you are, but we might have to add a Chapta to it :D
This has to get the funniest post of the week award!

Welcome to PCF

This is frustrating

How long should I wait before I assume that post got lost in translation? Granted, it's only been about 40 minutes so there is a high probability that I'm just impatient and being new to the forum it isn't like I don't have plenty to do however, I crave the feedback that others can see what I think is important. After all, isn't that what forums are all about? :D

Easy easy now, u barking up the wrong tree.
Welcome to the 21st century.

How long should I wait before I assume that post got lost in translation? Granted, it's only been about 40 minutes so there is a high probability that I'm just impatient and being new to the forum it isn't like I don't have plenty to do however, I crave the feedback that others can see what I think is important. After all, isn't that what forums are all about? :D

This was posted at 4am (my time). I was definitely asleep then :zzz:

While we do our best to respond quickly, the forum staff here are unpaid volunteers that have real lives as well.
So sometimes, new members have to wait for someone to wake up, or come home from work.

However, it's only your first few posts that need to be manually approved (mostly to prevent the forum being swamped with spam). After a while, further posts will be automatically published.

This was posted at 4am (my time). I was definitely asleep then :zzz:

While we do our best to respond quickly, the forum staff here are unpaid volunteers that have real lives as well.
So sometimes, new members have to wait for someone to wake up, or come home from work.

However, it's only your first few posts that need to be manually approved (mostly to prevent the forum being swamped with spam). After a while, further posts will be automatically published.

Thank you! And I wasn't trying to hurry things necessarily. I just couldn't find any indication of when to expect the post to be approved and so naturally wondered if the submission had failed. I do have a better idea now and hopefully those who follow will also.

As a new user posting from a mobile device I did not see the message saying that my post needed to be approved. I agree that some better system would be nice. I ended up finding a user online privet msging them asking why is my post not showing and they pointed me here.

I had actively tried searching the forum to find out why my post was not showing. I was unsuccessful in locating this thread. I did not even see a mention of this in the forums rule page. I just wanted to give some constructive criticism / feed back. Who knows I could just be a dumb n00b or then again maybe I'm blind.

It would be nice if even your post showed up somewhere and said either pending, approved, or declined.

P.S. I'm over 12hrs on my original new thread attempt with no approval.
-Abbie

As a new user posting from a mobile device I did not see the message saying that my post needed to be approved. I agree that some better system would be nice. I ended up finding a user online privet msging them asking why is my post not showing and they pointed me here.

I had actively tried searching the forum to find out why my post was not showing. I was unsuccessful in locating this thread. I did not even see a mention of this in the forums rule page. I just wanted to give some constructive criticism / feed back. Who knows I could just be a dumb n00b or then again maybe I'm blind.

It would be nice if even your post showed up somewhere and said either pending, approved, or declined.

-Abbie

Apologies for the length of time it took to approve your various threads and posts.
I was unavailable yesterday, due to some family commitments.
It seems e-lite and 711 were unavailable too.

All your threads and posts have now been approved.

While the requirement for approval of initial posts on this forum does inconvenience new members to some extent, most moderated posts will be approved within hours - often minutes - and it's an extremely effective method of filtering out spammers.

4 Threads, 179 posts...be patient Padawan, get to 1000 posts and relax :cool:

Waiting a bit for a better forum isn't something bad! If you don't have the patience for that probably you don't qualify for a life in Entropia Universe.
Look the guy posted above me for example "Bjorn" :lolup: they approved him once....and he never stopped posting since for revenge :laugh:

Apologies for the length of time it took to approve your various threads and posts.
I was unavailable yesterday, due to some family commitments.
It seems e-lite and 711 were unavailable too.

All your threads and posts have now been approved.

While the requirement for approval of initial posts on this forum does inconvenience new members to some extent, most moderated posts will be approved within hours - often minutes - and it's an extremely effective method of filtering out spammers.

Thank you for the approval - I do believe it would be nice if it showed somewhere your pending post for approval.

... I do believe it would be nice if it showed somewhere your pending post for approval.

711 would need to confirm this, but I've had a look through the online vBulletin manual, and I don't see that as an available option.

711 would need to confirm this, but I've had a look through the online vBulletin manual, and I don't see that as an available option.

This of course would be kind of hard to do since well they were not approved yet, but still be funny to have a 'drama' section for these posts :)

-Abbie
Good ideas

Good ideas

Agreed.
This method of approved msgs was popular a decade++ back but soon had a feedback system added to (most) forums to stymie the masses of support msgs saying my account is broken, can't post, is my new account locked, is this forum broke, etc. etc. etc. At least I added some popups to some websites i managed back then.
Anyways when I took the leap from arkadia forums to Caly's forums recently, even I thought Caly's was broken and posted a couple test msgs in testing ofc to confirm that well... this forum is older.
It really needs to let new users know what the heck is going on.

Back