Particles effects needs to die

Konve

Marauder
David Konve Williams
If there is one thing in Entropia that bothers me more than no-loots, bugs and lag then it's those damn particle effects.

If you haven't noticed: Basically (this is how I think it works) when you fire a ranged laser or plasma weapon there is a "beam" animation. This is not a problem. But once that beam actually hits something (usually it's the ground, because it goes straight through the mob) then there is another animation, or rather a "particle effect". At the point of impact there are release a large number of smallish "particles" that fly out in every direction. This is not a problem either. But what is a problem is the extreme flash of light that happens at the same time. :censored:

In pretty much turns your screen into a sort of strobe light. If I was 15 years old again it probably wouldn't bother me. But I'm not and my eyes simply will.not.have.it. :wise:

There are a few fixes that I've found. None of them involves playing around with the graphics settings. Rather: use melee/BLP or hunt taller mobs so your shots don't hit the ground.

Please, for the love of god, make that flash disappear or at least make it possible to kill it in the settings. :eek:

Isn't there exactly this setting in the graphics options?

Turn it off. Clearly you've never played any other game before.

Options - Advanced - Particle quality - SAFE MODE - Problem solved. :ahh:

Turn it off. Clearly you've never played any other game before.

Options - Advanced - Particle quality - SAFE MODE - Problem solved. :ahh:

Yes, silly me, I didn't try that. :rolleyes:

No, really. What that does is alter the way it looks. It doesn't remove the problem. The game still tries to make your eyes hurt by flashing an ugly looking square in your face. The effect is much the same.

Yes, silly me, I didn't try that. :rolleyes:

No, really. What that does is alter the way it looks. It doesn't remove the problem. The game still tries to make your eyes hurt by flashing an ugly looking square in your face. The effect is much the same.

Can you show a picture of this effect? I've been playing for 10 years and never noticed this particular effect you're on about (and been using mostly laser).

Can you show a picture of this effect? I've been playing for 10 years and never noticed this particular effect you're on about (and been using mostly laser).

me neither, except on a toulan laser Salafa something, after the hit was a screen filling green flash. but not on any other gun

blp can be rough.. melee swords that glow are worse for people like me who have migraines.. i simply turned down brightness. maybe try not using 1st person

Was about to post that it can't be that bad and effect is barely visible, then realized that you all probably play in 1st person mode... Oh my :D

Back