Why are CLD's return so crappy the last few weeks?

Uvas

Prowler
Society
Toxic Templar of Fallen Knights
Conspiracy?

Special events?

Failing finances?

:confused::confused::confused:

There are a few options:
-MA's CEO is using the peds to finance his ever increasing drug addiction.
-maybe we all had to pay MA 2 peds per deed so they could organize the Maffoid event.
-maybe it is a backlash from their merry mayhem screw-up
-Maybe MA accidentally sold some compet deeds through auction to Wirlo, and need to compensate themselves

Whatever the reason is, the lack of communication shows the reason why this universe will never double in size.

- people have left the planet and don't intend to return any time soon, due to cock up over cock up and non-communication

yep, time to give up with CLD! :wise:

-maybe we all had to pay MA 2 peds per deed so they could organize the Maffoid event.

Other then there simply may just be less people on planet this makes the most sense really. MA may have found a loophole where they found they can use our CLD returns to finance the events?

- people have left the planet and don't intend to return any time soon, due to cock up over cock up and non-communication

To be honest, this is what occurred to me today. People are going to arkadia and other planets over calypso. There are more options, arkadia/cyrene/even rocktropia has more to offer than calypso.. and all this will lower calypso revenue. It won't kill it completely because calypso gets a piece of the action from caly born avatars. But I think people are fed up with calypso.. loot is drier and not interesting like toprez's vagina. Lack of communication compared to other planet partners is awful.

No prizes for maffoids so that should boost income. Nothing there to reduce it. Only other reasonable explanation is if they losses from the mm rewards were so steep that they had to spread them over some weeks.

I expect 1.5 to 2.5 ped a week on CLDs until they do the next event. We are due another core mayhem soon. :]

To be honest, this is what occurred to me today. People are going to arkadia and other planets over calypso. There are more options, arkadia/cyrene/even rocktropia has more to offer than calypso.. and all this will lower calypso revenue. It won't kill it completely because calypso gets a piece of the action from caly born avatars. But I think people are fed up with calypso.. loot is drier and not interesting like toprez's vagina. Lack of communication compared to other planet partners is awful.

No prizes for maffoids so that should boost income. Nothing there to reduce it. Only other reasonable explanation is if they losses from the mm rewards were so steep that they had to spread them over some weeks.

I expect 1.5 to 2.5 ped a week on CLDs until they do the next event. We are due another core mayhem soon. :]

You can add the secret adjustement of loottables

Dotty in hive for example

1. No more oil in lot (adrenal) hence why it's at 104% atm
2. Kall-7 been replaced by Spririt MK.III from 120-125% to 110% & drops way less, 25% TT max of what kall used to drop
3. Mob used to drop 1% outputs.. now down to 0.1%

Keep it up caly team.. I'm sooooo glad to be back lol

I dont think it is caly there. I think mindark is tweaking and rebalancing things. Thyroid oil isn't dropping on ark anymore. Hasn't since gold rush.

Loot tables will be dynamic. That won't change. But people will move on if they don't like what is dropping.

That must be huge amount of players then to what lower payout to about half just for this week a lone. Got to be more than just this, but as you say no communication is the norm. So its just guess work like normal.

There are a few options:
-MA's CEO is using the peds to finance his ever increasing drug addiction.
-Maybe MA accidentally sold some compet deeds through auction to Wirlo, and need to compensate themselves

Whatever the reason is, the lack of communication shows the reason why this universe will never double in size.

Such a great, dark and witty answer! +rep Thanks for the wry laugh I had!

Probably the same reason why AUDs currently pay more than before: everyone's in the Underground.

Everyone is busy with their bi-annual re-certification classes on how to be politically correct, pro-censorship, easily offended, and silent in the face of MA's unending favoritism, hippocracy, and refusal to fix bugs.

Everyone is busy with their bi-annual re-certification classes on how to be politically correct, pro-censorship, easily offended, and silent in the face of MA's unending favoritism, hippocracy, and refusal to fix bugs.

We are learning to be hippos? Perhaps you meant hypocracy. :popcorn:

Honestly this is unlikely reason. Activity ratio seems kinda normal.
That must be something else... since MA drained CLD revenue during MM, they will do it again and again cause they can and they do not need to explain anything to players...
But they are shooting themselves in a foot, as less and less people trust in MA and wanna lock/invest money in EU because MA's actions and lack of communication...

Yeah I still don't understand what happened in Mayhem, how come CLD payouts were 2 pec a piece? Does anyone know?

All I read was that MA discovered people were somehow exploiting the CLD payout. Who? How? Which people? MA people?

I would like some answers for sure. Oh and it's Hypocrisy as far as I am aware, although Hypocracy works well as it implies a hypocritical state or society.

Last edited:
Yeah I still don't understand what happened in Mayhem, how come CLD payouts were 2 pec a piece? Does anyone know?

All I read was that MA discovered people were somehow exploiting the CLD payout. Who? How? Which people? MA people?

I would like some answers for sure. Oh and it's Hypocrisy as far as I am aware, although Hypocracy works well as it implies a hypocritical state or society.

There are many threads about this. Exploit has many definitions. Calypso was over generous in their rewards and it gets taken from their revenue.. ergo.. cld payouts are lower. We have no idea, during the time there was no payouts, how deep in the red they went because of the event design flaw or in the off chance there really WAS an exploit (although still all speculative).

This is the problem with them communicating with us. It is not clear enough and even if it were, the sky is falling crowd will blow it out of proportion.

It must be some shit still from the Mayhem screw-up.

Looking at data from Entropia tracker from the last week you can't see any signs that people have left for other planets, it's stills are the around 15-20% of the players on Arkadia, and around 75-80% of the players on Calypso.

Planet Globals
Arkadia 3 876
Calypso 13 127

Don't forget that missing payout in December :wise:

It's been a month since my SC where I asked why there was no payment. Bumped it and still waiting...

Roi is low this month so that everyone can sing songs of mindark glory in march when roi is higher. In that way the blogosphere and seo wizards will help get compet deeds sold just as the lower roi in cld got all aud sold. M.a. is getting better with the whip they use to tame the community.

We are learning to be hippos? Perhaps you meant hypocracy. :popcorn:

Perhaps I meant the new hippopotamus LA that MA is selling deeds for on the webshop.

Or perhaps I messed it up so bad that spellcheck didn't know wtf I was talking about. It gave me a bunch of other words, and not the one I meant so I said fuck it.

I think they just want to ease my mind and confirm my choice now that I have sold all my CLD a month or so ago ;)

Seriously, the return is indeed "strange" but is a consequence of Mayhem I think. It has had strange fluctuations in the past as well. Nevertheless it my opinion that it is obvious that they are trying new ways of selling things which are outside of the CLD income (like the webshop stuff, now the compet deed etc). In general you can expect them to see CLD as a raise of funds back then to continue development (SEE failure alternative, very smart of them), but of course after a few years they will need to find something else.

For those owning CLD I hope things go up again of course, and they probably will. Holding on to them, hoping that they will continue to give a decent income until the end of time would be very optimistic though.

But you should be ok for the next years, with a decline in income based on

- game becoming cheaper
- income through other channels than Caly

but still with just enough stuff to keep CLD from dying.
Still a lot better than what the bank gives ;)

Atami

When there's a Maffoid Event, and nice items are looted on Warlock's maybe hunters should look for other planets.

What do you call it when thousands of MMO players are treated like shit by their Swedish overlords but they keep playing/paying anyway?

Stockholm Syndrome

:lolup:

:wtg:

Loot is better now!! that's why cld income is low :holyshit:

Just my 2 pecs... Maybe someone did a major withdrawal? Not sure about that but wouldn`t that affect CLD payout?

The revenue is net of the rewards from the MM event.

Since support and still sorting out and paying out the UA rewards from the FFA stars those peds are still coming out of the revenue that would normally be paid to CLD holders.

Once all those payouts are done and dusted it should go back to normal. Hopefully after that if people are shooting all that ammo on caly still we should see a nice little windfall

Well, here my story from last ~2 years.

I have been offline for this time, returned at 1.1.2016.
Before these 2 years i was frustrated by the crappy loot on caly, crappy in all ways , ie. also no items.

Soo i came back to caly 1.1. and did some test-hunts, first small hogg hunt okay with a global, afterwards steep hill down again. Then a bit luck with an mayhem ara, nothing big, afterwards steep hill down again :confused:
Tried also a bit of mining, same result, tho mining is since SGA bugged for me (still unhappy about MA killed my golden spot).

Then i thought, what a crap and stopped actions again, started to sell my storage to refund my ped card. In that time i noticed AUD sellings/trading and informed myself about. Cashing out was close :p

Went on buying as many AUD from my pedcard as possible and immigrated to Arkadia, as i missed CLD introduction at time beeing. Cleaned my Caly storage as well in meanwhile and founded my society. Caly is now for me reduced to " if i need to go there i go", and return as soon as i can to Arkadia. Sure i had a good time there in the past, but now is a new chapter for me to go for, w/o Caly.

Greetings
RCS

Last edited:
Just my 2 pecs... Maybe someone did a major withdrawal? Not sure about that but wouldn`t that affect CLD payout?

It should not affect revenue.
IIRC revenue is a fraction of activity spend PED. Deposits and withdrawals does not matter.

Back