Auction scumbags

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
Not posting any names, but you know who you are. Take a look at orders for AUD. Some people are posting TT+1 for 62 deeds. This is just hoping someone will make a mistake. This is just despicable behaviour and should not be allowed. It is hoping that someone will make a deliberate and very expensive mistake. How can they look themselves in the mirror in the morning?

as the other scumbags always have higher orders those cheap scumbags will not get a deed either and just waste their 1 PED/day

as the other scumbags always have higher orders those cheap scumbags will not get a deed either and just waste their 1 PED/day

That's true but its the lack of morals of these people. They are trying to profit by another's misfortune not through any skill or input.

Everytime a player makes a mistake like Helena did, more of these "auction scumbags" are born.

They see that it is possible to make a huge amount of peds with no more work than placing an order, and they only need to get 1 "free" cld of auction in every 1500 orders they place to make a profit.

We should be able to name and shame these people. This is to the benefit of all of us so we know what they are really like.

We should be able to name and shame these people. This is to the benefit of all of us so we know what they are really like.

100% agree! We could make a thread about looking for certain people like saying, "Looking" for Wirlo, and then add more names to the list and anyone can add names just by saying we are looking for the person without calling them anything like scammers. So it wont get locked by one of the "awesome" mods on this forum.

Cheers

100% agree! We could make a thread about looking for certain people like saying, "Looking" for Wirlo, and then add more names to the list and anyone can add names just by saying we are looking for the person without calling them anything like scammers. So it wont get locked by one of the "awesome" mods on this forum.

Cheers

moderator.jpg

The "no naming and shaming" rule is there as a protection of abuse. We have seen other forums go down in flames because they have allowed "naming and shaming". By allowing it we open up for the possibility of false accusations. Hence it has been decided to not allow it at all. It is not up to the community to act police in this matter, it is up to Mindark. Any suspicion of scam and abuse should be reported to Mindark, not to PCF.

Also there has been written an extended article regarding this rule which you can read here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-shaming-quot-forum-rule&highlight=rationale

Yes, and we should have lists of all the people we don't like, and people we suspect might have done something wrong.
And lists of what they might have done in real life, and another list for people acting suspiciously who might be up to something bad.
And more lists for people who have the wrong political views, or don't believe in the right god.

Let's **** everyone who isn't thinking the right way.
We don't need rules and laws, let's just line 'em all up against the wall.

Cant you just use -rep? Isnt that the point of the reputation system?

Definitly scumbags around, just look at the AUD market history for the last few days and you'll see the mistakes being done in almost real time. That being said lists are not a good idea, plenty of examples in both games as well as general human history highlighting what list keeping leads to.

These players are exploiting a weakness of the Auction House. I think until it is fixed, MA should just shut down the Order side. No more creating orders until they can figure out a solution. Same action as MM. If not, then players should not sell their deeds through ah - it is too risky.

These players are exploiting a weakness of the Auction House. I think until it is fixed, MA should just shut down the Order side. No more creating orders until they can figure out a solution. Same action as MM. If not, then players should not sell their deeds through ah - it is too risky.

Shutting down the order section of the Auction won't happen. It would have a HUGE impact in the game for many people. For me personally it would have such a big impact that I would probably not be able to play at all. The very limited time I have free to play the game I use for actual hunting with friends. When I log out I place orders for the weapons I need the next time I play. I have no time to spend watching the Auction for items I need manually.

Shutting down the order section of the Auction won't happen. It would have a HUGE impact in the game for many people. For me personally it would have such a big impact that I would probably not be able to play at all. The very limited time I have free to play the game I use for actual hunting with friends. When I log out I place orders for the weapons I need the next time I play. I have no time to spend watching the Auction for items I need manually.

But you are using this correctly. You are not hoping that someone will make a very expensive mistake.

moderator.jpg

The "no naming and shaming" rule is there as a protection of abuse. We have seen other forums go down in flames because they have allowed "naming and shaming". By allowing it we open up for the possibility of false accusations. Hence it has been decided to not allow it at all. It is not up to the community to act police in this matter, it is up to Mindark. Any suspicion of scam and abuse should be reported to Mindark, not to PCF.

Also there has been written an extended article regarding this rule which you can read here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-shaming-quot-forum-rule&highlight=rationale

This works fine in an environment where MA do Police it but lets be honest here, they do not Police it all and never have. It takes a a very serious abuse of the rules (usually to MA's financial detriment) before they take any action.

In view of this it is up to the community to police it for the good of the game.

I have posted scammer alerts here on PCF in the past the same as other forumn members. I have never posted actual names but always passed the information on to any person who has requested it. This allows the community to notify other members whilst remaining within the forumn rules.

I do totally agree that naming and shaming not be allowed for the very reason mentioned above. How would you feel if some one sullied your name when you had not performed the actions you were accused of.

losing the orders would be a massive loss to the game, but it shoudn't be too bad if deeds are removed from the orders list. but best way forward is to make deeds non stack (like BPs) and also like BPs we can buy a Deed Book for a ped to put them in

Naming and shaming these auction alts here would be meaningless. Whoever runs them wouldn't care and can just make more.

These things happened long before auction orders were implemented. It wouldn't solve anything to disable the orders.

They need to implement something like EVE has whereby you get a warning message that tells you when you are about to list something for a price way below or way above the normal selling price.

Didn't realize you could place orders on limited weapons, oh that's right you can't so you buy an UL weapon every time you login to play? I guess if you are able to sell the weapon when you leave then there is no problem with this. Anyhow this needs to be fixed and fast. Too many dishonest players out there preying on new players and old players alike. It's just flat out theft simple as that and with no legal recourse MA must step in and shut it down till the problem is solved.

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct

AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE VIRTUAL UNIVERSE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE THE GENERAL COMMUNITY PRINCIPLES AND RESPECT THE FEELINGS AND RIGHTS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS TO USE THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE RULES.

Please note that additional rules and policies may apply to each Entropia Universe Planet.

THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE account RULES OF CONDUCT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS:

o. You may not interfere in any way with the virtual economy of Entropia Universe and/or with other Participants’ ability to use or enjoy the auction system
or any other trading system in Entropia Universe.

o. You may not interfere in any way with the virtual economy of Entropia Universe and/or with other Participants’ ability to use or enjoy the auction system

well im sure someone is enjoying the auction system :deal:

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct

AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE VIRTUAL UNIVERSE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE THE GENERAL COMMUNITY PRINCIPLES AND RESPECT THE FEELINGS AND RIGHTS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS TO USE THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE RULES.

Please note that additional rules and policies may apply to each Entropia Universe Planet.

THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE account RULES OF CONDUCT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS:

Maybe they should be more specific.
There are definite players taking advantage of the system.
I have hardly ever placed an order, but I agree that a warning like the TT has would help.

But you are using this correctly. You are not hoping that someone will make a very expensive mistake.

keyword: mistake

enough whinning already.. the auction even asks you again "are you sure..."

to the op he doing about the same as pvp in space hoping to steal stuff from a players

pirate or auction same thing to my eye neather should be alwoude

tell what the differance there all hoping on someone mistake

Yeah this is pretty disgraceful

Rick

Ive seen these players since I started playing 10 years ago. While I don't like to hear about such mistakes, they are a reality of EU.

There are two sides to these mistakes:
1) a profit for those patient enough to keep putting PED into orders.
2) a loss for those who make an error

I don't buy into the whole social justice thing.

Sure it sucks but shaming those who play this game in that manner is probably not the best solution. The rules are pretty clear, and there are warnings for the player to be wary of. It is a fair mechanic of game play.

The best solution is to not make errors.

This is not to defend such play as honorable of course, I fell victim to a mistake or two over the years.

The difference is that I accepted my own error and permanently adjusted my caution as a result, and limited my warnings to within the game, not the forum, for obvious reasons.

Reactions: DoA
Didn't realize you could place orders on limited weapons, oh that's right you can't so you buy an UL weapon every time you login to play? I guess if you are able to sell the weapon when you leave then there is no problem with this. Anyhow this needs to be fixed and fast. Too many dishonest players out there preying on new players and old players alike. It's just flat out theft simple as that and with no legal recourse MA must step in and shut it down till the problem is solved.

Actually, you are correct, last time I bought my main (L) weapon I bought a bulk of 120 pieces of what I need, so it has been a while. Hence I had things mixed up. I do how ever buy plenty of materials on AH through orders. And that is even harder then chasing down your L weapons. So my point still stands.

The easiest solution to bad orders is more good orders.

To that end, MA needs to simply waive additional fee on orders.

You could argue that everyone who messaged *he who shall not be named* has interfered with his ability to enjoy the auction system and has thus broken this rule and should get in trouble. :wise:

misinterpreting vague rules to fit your mindset is not intelligence, its ignorance

In all honesty I think its about time we let this witch hunt end

This is not a witch hunt - WIRLO took advantage of the auction system to the detriment of another player and has made a significant amount of money.

When he had a similar problem in the past he came to the forum asked for his money back and got it.

Helena has made the same request to be met with, in no particular order:

1.Witch hunt;
2. Serves her/him right;
3. Karma;
4. fuck you !
5. The sytem is working correctly.

I am staggered by the responses on this forum. The right way forward is for Wirlo to return the money - he has abused the auction system.

The other response is that he has abused the system with the agreement of MA as it is their system and indeed they profit from auction sales.

Back