Reasons for ban

Status

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
Just been chatting with a banned avatar - who was banned for revealing information. This avatar does not know what information she/he was meant to have revealed about Wirlo. How can it be ok to ban another player from the forum when that player has not been shown why they were banned.

This is really not useful for the forum. Forum rules are there for a reason and should be clear for all of us. If that person was banned for naming Wirlo as a bit of a scum bag then I guess we are at the stage when many of us should also be banned.

I support very strongly the rule about not naming people on forums etc. The reason for it is to protect other players reputations from being destroyed by some random a hole who cares nothing about morality or hurting people for no reason.

But that being said the same thing that protects all of us from that also protects the *scum bags* whoever they may be...

Thing is when you knew there is a shady player in the community you want to protect everyone else from them, and the best ways to reach people are here because it gives time for everyone to see it instead of disappearing in chats after 5 minutes.

I still think the no naming people rule should still stand...
And im saying that after just being trolled a sec ago by a guy who cost me and other alot of ped in the past I wish I could name him right now, heres a thread about it.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276177-He-drowned-my-near-dead-Eomon-Stalker!&highlight=

Very sorry to hear this and I do feel for all who are effected.

The only thing we do have is support and support cases, but anyone who knows what that means. :confused:

Forum rules are there for a reason and should be clear for all of us.

Indeed, and this thread of yours clearly violates several forum rules:

Forum Rules said:
2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

Forum Rules said:
3.9 - Posting for Banned Members
Members are NOT permitted to post on behalf of any member permanently or temporarily banned from PlanetCalypsoForum. Similarly, members are NOT permitted to allow any banned member to use their PlanetCalypsoForum account to circumvent a ban (See Rule 1.3 above). Any postings in violation of this provision may be deleted without notice and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.

Forum Rules said:
3.3 - Thread Location
Please make an effort to post new threads in the appropriate forum or subforum. Posting threads in the proper section makes the forum easier to browse for all members and visitors, and reduces the workload for our volunteer community staff. If you are unsure where to post a new thread, please take the time to read the forum descriptions in order to familiarize yourself with the focus of the various available forums and subforums. Threads posted in an inappropriate forum may be moved or deleted without notice.

The member in question was banned for posting real-world information about a member, a serious violation of the following forum rule:

Forum Rules said:
2.5 - Personal Information
Revealing real world personal information about a forum member, administrator, moderator, Entropia Universe participant, or MindArk or Planet Partner representative is STRICTLY PROHIBITED, regardless of the source, public or private. This includes any information about a forum member or Entropia Universe participant that reveals an individual's legal name, address, occupation or other sensitive or personally identifiable information. All such content will be deleted without notice, and result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.

This thread will now be locked, since the details of another member's ban is frankly not your business.

:locked:

Status
Back