Votes: 8 6.7%
  • MA should sort it out internally

Votes: 15 12.6%

• Total voters

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
Very simple question.

A serious mistake has been made on auction.

The recipient can choose to return the money but has so far chosen not to do so. What would you do. Would you return the money if you "benefited" from a serious mistake?

If they would publicly disgrace me, on forums aswell as ingame & post my personal info for everyone to see, I doubt I would return it.
In all other cases, without a doubt I would come to an arrangement with the unlucky person.

Maybe add another chance :

If it happens to me i shall ask the money back, If it happens to others then i shall keep the peds. (like was done by Wirlo in this case)

Me myself, i think i have had enough cases of trading mistakes that i have made right (lastly Monria shop), and cases where i have been allowed to back out of the deal (Master coat for 5k peds). But it also depends on person who makes the mistake, if it is someone who brags about how cool it is to keep the peds, i think it should be against their will to return stuff to them (hasnt happened yet, one time i was third party and ended up giving away the item for price i paid, so no gain for me there).

Anyways i have to agree with one of the posters above, that there are too many threads about it.
We should move on with what we have learned from this:
1. Dont give back Wirlo any peds if he makes a mistake (as some ppl have returned peds to wirlo).
2. Dont hope to get anything back from Wirlo.
3. MA cant do anything unless EULA has been broken.
4. Auction order system could be improved (so orders always pay the sum they set order at)

5. th unsubscribing from threads like this, that, and any others is best remedy to get over it.

If they would publicly disgrace me, on forums aswell as ingame & post my personal info for everyone to see, I doubt I would return it.
In all other cases, without a doubt I would come to an arrangement with the unlucky person.
Voted #1, my peace of mind is worth more than a few easily earned peds.
Then again, das has a point there. If u manage to piss me off, I will be pissed off, obviously! :D

I always expect ppl to be good unless they prove me wrong. Some ppl see this attitude as a weakness but it has a mysterious power.

Good to see what we are dealing with here and in game :)

On the face of it, I'd say that if you make a mistake then you should accept the consequences.

I liken it to some years (?) ago players putting plasma weaps on auction not understanding the real value. If I put a mod merc on auction for TT plus 100PED for example (if I had one), either by mistake or by being ignorant of its value, would the community or MindArk help me out by trying to get the buyer to return that item to me? I doubt it.

In the recent instance ref Helena, when big figures are involved, I vote that this required some input from MindArk. What that input or action is though, I don't know.

What would I do? Speaking quite frankly, I'd take advantage of having a nice piece of equipment (in the example above) for a while before returning it, but in the instance relating to Helena, and given the huge backlash from the community and indefinite affect on my enjoyment of EU because of it, I'd want to come to some arrangement with the person who made the mistake. It's about morals and principles - I couldn't live with myself.

The answer is No!
If you drop your wallet on the street and the guy behind you gets it it's his.
If you want the wallet returned you'll need to do what ever he likes, it's he's wallet now and you should not call it a thief for not returning it immediately, you should beg for mercy to get something back.

There is even a job for this , wallet picker(NOT thief), this guys responsibility is to clear the streets of these unwanted wallets, it's legal world wide.

Please keep this types of jobs alive, people need to make a living in this game, obviously this is a good way to do it and it should be promoted by developers, "How to make 3k$ with 3 clicks, no subscriptions needed"

Sarcasm OFF(thought ppl will get but it seems most didn't)

Last edited:
The answer is No!
If you want the wallet returned you'll need to do what ever he likes, it's he's wallet now and you should not call it a thief for not returning it immediately, you should beg for mercy to get something back.

"

This is so not good. You need to re-read this post. In this country we call it theft. I would hope that where you live they call it theft as well.

The answer is No!

There is even a job for this , wallet picker(NOT thief), this guys responsibility is to clear the streets of these unwanted wallets, it's legal world wide.

Please keep this types of jobs alive, people need to make a living in this game, obviously this is a good way to do it and it should be promoted by developers, "How to make 3k$ with 3 clicks, no subscriptions needed"

In most countries (not talking about Romania) it is actually illegal.
If you ask something back from the finder and he refuses, then i think it is right time to call him thief.

I hope that people just troll the poll, refuse to believe it's for real.

I so hope it's not for real too. This community has always struck me as being full of decent people. If it is not yours you give it back.

I don't know where some of you come from, or if you are just trolling.

If you get a hold of anything by mistake you return it back. End of the story, no Ifs, no Maybes, no Buts. You don't keep a part, you dont sell it back, you give everything back.

Reasoning this out is extremely simple: Put yourself on the other side.

I don't know where some of you come from, or if you are just trolling.

If you get a hold of anything by mistake you return it back. End of the story, no Ifs, no Maybes, no Buts. You don't keep a part, you dont sell it back, you give everything back.

Reasoning this out is extremely simple: Put yourself on the other side.

Exactly!, is very simple, but I'm amazed how many people on this forum try to twist the reality just because they don't like a player.

It's making me sick to see some people replies, it looks this game becomes a bunch of thieves.

The answer is No!

if i dropped my wallet and before i had chance to pick it up someone grabbed it, thats still theft.
Plus (in the UK at least) finding a wallet with money inside legally should be handed into the police or steps made to return the wallet. Now i doubt the police are bothered about you pocketing £10 but if you found £2k just sat there and you just said "finders keepers" and binned the ID, if it is then traced back to you, its still theft and you are likely to be charged.
A couple were found gulity for finding a lottery ticket on the floor and claiming £30k, they were given suspended sentenses and made to pay back every penny

but this is different to the actual case, it wasn't dropped it was mis-sold

The answer is No!

The law certainly varies from country to country, but this is definitely untrue. It can be argued if the case in question here falls under the same category. But then a different category would exist to cover property misappropriated by mistake (e.g. bank mistakes). In all cases the finder or receiver is obliged to return it, even proactively. Only if the rightful owner of the lost property does not claim it within a certain amount of time, the finder may keep it. This is the law in Germany, and probably in most of Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost,_mislaid,_and_abandoned_property

MA might not have rules regarding such cases in their ToS/EULA, but their surrounding jurisdiction has. Since they have the means and all information needed to correct the mistake, it should be in their best interest to be cooperative (esp. in light of cited example, where they themselves were the victim of a similar mistake). For the amount involved is not peanuts, it is very well worth going to court. They may claim their staff cost from the party who made the mistake, whereby it is not allowed to charge arbitrary or punitive damages (e.g. the 1000ped fee for returning accidentally tt'ed items is also highly questionable in this regard).

I did not vote in the poll, as this is not a matter of opinion to apply laws or not. But being right and getting right often aren't the same in the real world, where there are many situations when people are left in the dust with no recourse. Where it's possible to get away with such things, there will always be people who take advantage of it.

Last edited:
A big shame the voting was not made public :(

It really is a very tough and possible unsettling thing to find an answer to...

There are over 9 Billion people in the world all with there reasons and everyone having there own outlook on whats right and whats wrong.

If this game were the stock market which it has a very similar system, then no the guy did the right thing and capitalized on the market, which the market is beat'en by taking other peoples money through there mistake.

But this being a community and its strength lies on how we treat each other, such as being forgiving for mistakes. What a good number of us would do is give it back but at the same time a person who felt this way wouldn't place an AUD order for TT+1.

The other way to look at it is a guy placed TT+1 for any items just to play the market. And in most peoples eye's thats what they see. Something as simple as playing the market and not the people is not wrong.

Tho we know the people on the other end of our market. Its a very very gray area and hard to say.

If you want my opinion and what I think and would do, is yes id like to see them returned.
Still we have to considered everyones outlooks so hard to say if what happened is right or wrong its a tough call... :dunno:

And that totally doesn't depend on the qualities of the injured party. They could be a complete asshole, but you don't have to be too.

However, if Wirlo would accidentally made a mistake today in my favor, I would consider handing the money over to Helena. It's not quite right, but that's what I probably would do.

I will just say this.

I had plans to buy more compet deeds.

I've decided not to buy more, it's simply not worth putting thousands of dollars at risk for zero tt items.

I'll buy RL shares instead, I've never had problems selling shares (ever). I get an offer price per share, not a sales price on my entire holding that I want to sell. It is very hard to make a screw up selling shares.

End of.

Rick

Talk to me privately and you'll get it back. Take it public before even contacting me and I'll string you on for a bit before you get it. Piss me off and slag me in public and you'll get it back after a length of time I think will piss you off as much as you've pissed me off.

And that totally doesn't depend on the qualities of the injured party. They could be a complete asshole, but you don't have to be too.

However, if **** would accidentally made a mistake today in my favor, I would consider handing the money over to ******. It's not quite right, but that's what I probably would do.

In this case if *guy in question* decided that a mistake was made, it would force us to understand that he made a mistake and is working to fix it. We all make mistakes, oldest saying in the book but still true.

Lets all just be blunt here this exposer is spread throughout the game already, I dont see any other play at this point.

Last edited:
Your poll is faulty.
You ask one question but the answerchoices are for another one

"Should the money be returned"
"Yes - return the money
No - your mistake my gain"

The question is what SHOULD be done but the answers refer to what I WOULD do.

Thats to entirely diffrent things.

Its possible that I think that they should be returned but wouldnt do it myself

It is equally possible that I think they should not be returned but still would because im such a nice guy :cool:

I belive this wirlo person lean towards the first (if the claims that he have gotten item backs before are correct)

And I probably lean towards the second

@ OP Gwit, i'll ask a straight up question.
How much is Helena paying you to run threads?

If the question above is nothing, do you know more behind the story? If not get informed.

Also, it sure sucks but it wasnt against rules...
If so, you should also be informed as this runs about this single individual issue, a friend of the OP bought of a shop owner, that missplaced by mistake 500-600 PED TT of CS / Wounding skills, I dont see any thread for that person who is spaming #trade latelly with it to return it, do I?

Why only the "high profiled" are the "inocent" ?
Trust me, there is more to this, and all others got some story to it, and if you want to know, I will let you know.

Not saying both sides did well, but 1 side clearly did a whole of a lot of mistakes... and getting punished for it....

If that is the case I shall start a petition to permanently ban all the players ingame and in PCF who made real life threats, cos that is way over the mark, is it not?

I'm not here to defend either sides, but to do strong and bold accusations and move things to RL as we all witnessed without all the background story, it kind of fails.

Last edited:
If it did go to rl threats, then those should be perm banned. There really is no place for that in this game.

This community really needs to get a grip. Get off pcf, have fun in the game, or do something else.

@ OP Gwit, i'll ask a straight up question.
How much is Helena paying you to run threads?

If the question above is nothing, do you know more behind the story? If not get informed.

Also, it sure sucks but it wasnt against rules...
If so, you should also be informed as this runs about this single individual issue, a friend of the OP bought of a shop owner, that missplaced by mistake 500-600 PED TT of CS / Wounding skills, I dont see any thread for that person who is spaming #trade latelly with it to return it, do I?

Why only the "high profiled" are the "inocent" ?
Trust me, there is more to this, and all others got some story to it, and if you want to know, I will let you know.

Not saying both sides did well, but 1 side clearly did a whole of a lot of mistakes... and getting punished for it....

If that is the case I shall start a petition to permanently ban all the players ingame and in PCF who made real life threats, cos that is way over the mark, is it not?

I'm not here to defend either sides, but to do strong and bold accusations and move things to RL as we all witnessed without all the background story, it kind of fails.

Allow me to reply:

1. No I'm not getting paid. Why would I want to be paid. This is an issue of right or wrong. I don't seek to make money out of this and don't think anyone should. To ask if I am being paid is an outright insult.
2. This is not about rules it is about morality.
3. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here.
4. The high profile are not only the innocent. The innocent are always the innocent. I will defend anyone to the bitter end if they are innocent.
5. A threat in real life or indeed in game is not acceptable but if a person is refusing to give your money back, what do you do. I would always litigate but then I prefer litigation over threats. Threats get you nowhere.
6. Fails in what way. Wirlo should right the wrong. Act like a man and give the deeds back, or the money he is making from them by his sales. That's the bitter truth of this matter.

Talk to me privately and you'll get it back. Take it public before even contacting me and I'll string you on for a bit before you get it. Piss me off and slag me in public and you'll get it back after a length of time I think will piss you off as much as you've pissed me off.

Yeah that is what I was thinking as well. I would mostly be having fun with it but at the end would give it back.

It's funny reading this thread since you get a feeling for who and who is not the scammers in game these days.

Back