Buying: Buying Ship, looking for fleet.

Society
The Ancients
MR Armored Outlaw
Looking to buy a Ship In March 2016 depending on SI of ship. I will not be buying until March as I am investing in EU at different levels. My price top for ship is 60k Ped, We have a website team standing by and everything in place. So please only interested in buying at this time and not any other services as we already have or are in talks with other about. PM me is best way to contact me. PM on forum or ingame is welcome. Thanks for reading. Contact ingame: MR Armored Outlaw or Jack Ancient O'Nell our Soc leader. Thank you.

Last edited:
"Tour of ship for both of us will be needed before sale"

lol

Yea Tour of ship really shows that you are in fact new to the game. The same with your mention of a docking port, something that does not exist. All ships are the exact same, if you would ever have been in one you'd know that. Just google someone walking through one if you want a tour, their all exactly the same... And there is no docking port. You may mean hanger, but at the moment hangers have zero to do with the privateers, cannot dock, and have no purpose.

Hangers were also free gifts, so don't expect anything to change. It's not like anyone paid for them. (besides stupid people who bought them after)

I will assume they aren't actually new and the tour would be to verify oil and any attachments in the ship.

Good luck on your purchase.

I will assume they aren't actually new and the tour would be to verify oil and any attachments in the ship.

Good luck on your purchase.

When a ship is traded, all oil is deleted. Poof. So no. Also cannot check oil remaining as non owner.
Attachments also are removed prior to trading I believe, but am not 100% on this. Either way the total value of them is around only 100 ped...

The op is properly new to the game and looking to invest in several items, but his SOC leader Jack Ancient O'Nell is certainly not.

The op is properly new to the game and looking to invest in several items, but his SOC leader Jack Ancient O'Nell is certainly not.

Then why does his leader want to tour too, and why is he giving bad info to the new investor? Sounds to me like he is taking major advantage of some rich kid who doesn't know better. But I don't know enough to actually accuse that.

I mean, he is telling him to buy a hanger, that is the worst decision an investor could make.

Pathfinders and Starfinders, AKA Privateers are warp capable with their own servers (so you can log out on them and log back on still in the ship at a later date regardless of where the ship has traveled)

Motherships are physically larger, also warp capable and have their own server inside, but they also have a hanger or docking bay in them so that smaller ships can fly in and out of them, this is Unique to the Motherships and not something you can do with Privateers.

Motherships will cost you more than 60k.

When a ship is traded, all oil is deleted. Poof. So no. Also cannot check oil remaining as non owner.
Attachments also are removed prior to trading I believe, but am not 100% on this. Either way the total value of them is around only 100 ped...

It used to be the case that all oil was deleted on trade, but thats not been the case for a long time. Also nothing needs to be removed, (though it can be) Its quite easy though to make sure that everything that should be there is there by conducting the trade on board the ship so the buyer can verify things before the trade takes place.

Then why does his leader want to tour too, and why is he giving bad info to the new investor? Sounds to me like he is taking major advantage of some rich kid who doesn't know better. But I don't know enough to actually accuse that.

I mean, he is telling him to buy a hanger, that is the worst decision an investor could make.

You are jumping to conclusions he did mention hanger. You don't know if the op first language is English so his words might not be the right ones. Also as Narfi and Kat who both had alot exerpince with ships, has explained why he may said what he said.

thanks for info

Thanks for info. help a lot Starfinder is more the size im after. Thank you. .
Pathfinders and Starfinders, AKA Privateers are warp capable with their own servers (so you can log out on them and log back on still in the ship at a later date regardless of where the ship has traveled)

Motherships are physically larger, also warp capable and have their own server inside, but they also have a hanger or docking bay in them so that smaller ships can fly in and out of them, this is Unique to the Motherships and not something you can do with Privateers.

Motherships will cost you more than 60k.

new

Yes one year is new compared to you Veterans, I have not played full time. I like the game and want to invest in it as I am retired and have free time now. Thank you for info on Dock / Hangers it helps.
Yea Tour of ship really shows that you are in fact new to the game. The same with your mention of a docking port, something that does not exist. All ships are the exact same, if you would ever have been in one you'd know that. Just google someone walking through one if you want a tour, their all exactly the same... And there is no docking port. You may mean hanger, but at the moment hangers have zero to do with the privateers, cannot dock, and have no purpose.

Hangers were also free gifts, so don't expect anything to change. It's not like anyone paid for them. (besides stupid people who bought them after)

tour is because

I have not been in one and before I pay that much I would like to see the inside. A friend has said we can look at theirs and that they all look the same in side star and path. But as I have yet to see this I don't know. after one year on and off I finally retired and want to get into game full time, so yes new but not as new as p forum date is what i was getting at due to other smart ass comments about how noobs should not buy ships. as far as Jack, he has been helpful to me and trustworthy. thanks for your comment.

Reactions: sbi
good to know

Ok so items can get sold with the ship, good to know, also sale of ship on ship is very smart and planed. Thank you for your info.
It used to be the case that all oil was deleted on trade, but thats not been the case for a long time. Also nothing needs to be removed, (though it can be) Its quite easy though to make sure that everything that should be there is there by conducting the trade on board the ship so the buyer can verify things before the trade takes place.

Yes, I am definitely not new. As far as tours go, if the seller wants to sell their ship, they will give us a tour :)

Do privateers allow you to log out before warp and log back in after warp to avoid loosing mats in pvp space like motherships do?

Do privateers allow you to log out before warp and log back in after warp to avoid loosing mats in pvp space like motherships do?

yes they do.

Goodluck on your purchase. But seriously please don't waste ped on a hanger.

I dont think he mentioned hangers. I think the feature he was talking about is only available on motherships. As far as I know you cant fly your quad inside a privateer, you can only tp.

good read

thanks for link, good info. helped alot.

Ok so items can get sold with the ship, good to know, also sale of ship on ship is very smart and planed. Thank you for your info.[/QUOT

I don't know if you have seen the entropedia entry but if not, hear is the link
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Vehicle&name=Vega_Class_Privateer

Note that the comments regarding the engineering terminal is out of date, that bug has been fixed a long time ago.

I dont think he mentioned hangers. I think the feature he was talking about is only available on motherships. As far as I know you cant fly your quad inside a privateer, you can only tp.

yes, that's right. Motherships have a hanger deck which allows for small ships, (quad and sliep's) to fly in and out. Privateers are much smaller and don't have that deck. At the present, neither kind can land on planets though this might become possible at some point in the future.

yes, that's right. Motherships have a hanger deck which allows for small ships, (quad and sliep's) to fly in and out. Privateers are much smaller and don't have that deck. At the present, neither kind can land on planets though this might become possible at some point in the future.

With introduction of Quad-Wing Equus the plan of planet entry for privateers is more likely abandoned.

/OP Always is pleasent to see ppl making serious investement on our world!
Good luck with your purchase

Last edited:

Good luck with your purchase! And please do not listen to people like Venture Bros :) he is running for an noob asshole of the year award (so far very successfully I must say)

With introduction of Quad-Wing Equus the plan of planet entry for privateers is more likely abandoned.

/OP Always is pleasent to see ppl making serious investement on our world!
Good luck with your purchase

That may be the case, though MS/Privateers and equus operate in different niche's of the warp service market so maybe not - who knows :) MA is saying nothing, (nothing new there) and we can only wait and see.

landing quad

what one's have this docking for quade, can you list them ? thank you and everyone for all the great help and info.

what one's have this docking for quade, can you list them ? thank you and everyone for all the great help and info.

Only mother ships (the biggest and most expensive) like others have already said is the only ship at mo that you can dock quads.

Only motherships have hanger where you can land a quad or sleipnir in.

I would suggest that you spend some time in space and around some motherships and privateers yourself so you can learn about space.
A way of doing this would be to join in as repair crew on one of them.

There are a lot of things you will have to learn about space transport.

Not absolutely sure, but... I remember to have reached a friend's privateer by my quad, right clicked on privateer and "entered" it in pvp space. No way to fly away from there in anycase, yes.
Maybe that was years ago and now not allowed anymore...?

DRM

Back