Buying: Buying Ship, looking for fleet.

Not absolutely sure, but... I remember to have reached a friend's privateer by my quad, right clicked on privateer and "entered" it in pvp space. No way to fly away from there in anycase, yes.
Maybe that was years ago and now not allowed anymore...?

DRM

Yes you can do that with any ship as long as you are on the guest list of that ship. Its just the same as boarding some else's quad or sliep.

:) ty, useful to know it's still operative.

You can right click and request access. You can then be added to the guest list. With a MS, you would then fly in.

Are you saying that anyone can right click a privateer, request access, then right click and enter? transporting you out of your quad, into that ship, and leaving your quad hanging around in space?

Edit - found out it was added as a preventative measure, as a result of owners getting locked out of their own ship. :) So the owner could always fly to it and get inside if it has been hijacked. Would think they would have made it deed holder only though. Of course, as others have said, it is enter only, and not fly out.

Last edited:
You can right click and request access. You can then be added to the guest list. With a MS, you would then fly in.

Are you saying that anyone can right click a privateer, request access, then right click and enter? transporting you out of your quad, into that ship, and leaving your quad hanging around in space?

Yes. I often get unsolicited requests from people trying to get added to the ship GL. I always ignore them if they can't be bothered to PM me first. I always enter my ship by flying up to it in my quad, right click and enter, then click return spawned vehicle to storage. In space, that means personal storage. I only, and rarely, enter by way of the station if for some reason I have difficulty in actually finding my ship in the general clutter of parked ships at Calypso station.

Closed got ship

Thread closed , ship acquired.

Back