Question: Adrenal oil

Isaac

Guardian
Society
The Ministry
Isaac Jacob Thorne
For some reason the usual suspects (Ambulimax, Mermoth, Sonic squids etc) do not drop adrenal oil anymore. Anyone found a caly mob that does or could this one be rated as a database bug?

Regards

Last edited:
I have been looking for the same. I went through almost every mob on the entropedia database but couldn't find any adrenal oil.

Caly doesn't drop it anymore. My mobs do on arkadia.

On the flip side, arkadia doesn't drop thyroid oil anymore. So they are rebalancing.

strange, but last week ambu and prim longu were dropping it

it stopped dropping last weekend, same on cp.. such exiting loot up there now lol
thought it was related with the maffoids but I guess not then.. :(

Caly doesn't drop it anymore. My mobs do on arkadia.

On the flip side, arkadia doesn't drop thyroid oil anymore. So they are rebalancing.

Only your mobs?

You mean basically any mob on the planet since most mobs drop a combination of almost all lower level oils? :rolleyes:

Sorrry i couldnt help but comment! By the way this assumption was made too early and now is not correct, looting adrenal on a caly server as we speak. But it was absent for ~6days.

It is a bit curious what that was about as all mobs i tried that dropped it usually, stopped during this period. I was starting to think its gone from caly myself!

Last edited:
Well, arkadia still not dropping thyroid and no, not everything dropped adrenal on ark.

As to what it is about.. either rebalancing or resource caps. Probably the latter.

It's dynamic....

Right not everymob, i said most. Last time i hunted there every mob i tried dropped a combination of oils and i think every one included a bit of adrenal, granted was like 5 different mobs but its just the way i remembered it from before also :) Unless they changed some stuff up on Ark very recently. Anyways.

Have you ever moticed this kind of thing before when one type of oil just dissapeared from a planet for a period of time? Very odd, cant say iv ever noticed that before.

Yes. It is currently happening now on Ark with thyroid oil for like 3 months now. I had originally thought it was because of all the thyroid oil dropping through gold rush. I do not know now.

I was hoping they were shaking up the loot pools.

Something definitely is going on. I took a break from hunting since the start of the Maffoid event and just today resumed my grind for the Imp Resto Chip reward for Galactica mission. Alls I need are a few k each of adrenal and liver oils and some more bio id, but the mobs I was hunting - Atrox (liver + bio id) and Maffoid (adrenal) aren't dropping them now. What gives?

Can anyone confirm if Aurli are still dropping adrenal oil or not?

Maybe MA is trying to make it harder/more expensive to complete the Galactica Missions? I mean, it's not really that difficult to obtain all the materials whether by AH/P2P trading or hunting for them yuorself, at least not up to the Imp Resto Chip it hasn't been - up until now, that is. Don;t know about Mod.

Something definitely is going on. I took a break from hunting since the start of the Maffoid event and just today resumed my grind for the Imp Resto Chip reward for Galactica mission. Alls I need are a few k each of adrenal and liver oils and some more bio id, but the mobs I was hunting - Atrox (liver + bio id) and Maffoid (adrenal) aren't dropping them now. What gives?

Can anyone confirm if Aurli are still dropping adrenal oil or not?

Maybe MA is trying to make it harder/more expensive to complete the Galactica Missions? I mean, it's not really that difficult to obtain all the materials whether by AH/P2P trading or hunting for them yuorself, at least not up to the Imp Resto Chip it hasn't been - up until now, that is. Don;t know about Mod.

I only killed 5-10 aurli's in dome 4 but didn't get any oil..
Also, some landowner has changed the tax to 4.5% sos don't really wonna work on my bronze II quest there :laugh:

I only killed 5-10 aurli's in dome 4 but didn't get any oil..
Also, some landowner has changed the tax to 4.5% sos don't really wonna work on my bronze II quest there :laugh:

Hmm... hopefully this no oils in loot is just some temporary snafu or loot change work in progress and not something more permanent. Unless I can find some other mobs I can hunt that drop the oils I need, I'm gonna have to hold off on hunting for now I think. Not out of spite or protest, but this loot only consisting of shrapnel, ammo, and occasional components/extractors just isn't going to cut it for me as far as getting to where I want to go.

it started dropping again on dotty but only for like 1% of total loot, so in TT that's even less then outputs drop

Got 3 units of adrenal oil during a swunt team on ambus, so its dropping again but, like das mentioned, in pretty weired amount with respect to turn over.

Also Gokibusagi used to drop Thyroid very often and yesterday in 80 kills (daily mission) I only got 1 drop of 3 units.

I suspect they are trying to do something about the markups, which would not be unwelcome if it works out.

Mission Galactica?

This seems to be the case. The critical oils are

- Thyroid
- Adrenal
- Liver

Muscle and eye oil are dropping in normal amounts at least to my experience. I do not have any problems with MA capping those oils in order to slow down the flooding with respect to restoration chips.

But a public note like "We capped x because of y" would be nice.

Regards

Working on resto chip myself atm & I can confirm loads of adrenal dropping from small Sumima on Rock. That's pretty much all they drop (ammo, crapnel, adrenal oil and output amps). Ituma Beach TP, spawn is right next to TP.

If u already working on adrenal stage, the Kongs on the Secret Island side are dropping Bio ID. Besides the mandatory ammo+crapnel they got muscle oil and eye oil + Bio ID (as a rare drop, usually 1-3 each global, depending on the size of global).
If u going for adj chip u can finish the mission on Rock and fly home with the chip, few k ped worth of highest MU oils (each) and ~500 output amps. Works for me! ;)

Ark was already mentioned above, so all the diehard Collapso-fans - tough cookies! Either be patient or move ur fat ass for a change. :p

(Disclaimer: I personally can't care less what u decide. Just saying... :cool:)

Last edited:
Working on resto chip myself atm & I can confirm loads of adrenal dropping from small Sumima on Rock. That's pretty much all they drop (ammo, crapnel, adrenal oil and output amps). Ituma Beach TP, spawn is right next to TP.

If u already working on adrenal stage, the Kongs on the Secret Island side are dropping Bio ID. Besides the mandatory ammo+crapnel they got muscle oil and eye oil + Bio ID (as a rare drop, usually 1-3 each global, depending on the size of global).
If u going for adj chip u can finish the mission on Rock and fly home with the chip, few k ped worth of highest MU oils (each) and ~500 output amps. Works for me! ;)

Ark was already mentioned above, so all the diehard Collapso-fans - tough cookies! Either be patient or move ur fat ass for a change. :p

(Disclaimer: I personally can't care less what u decide. Just saying... :cool:)

Thank You for sharing this info! +Rep

So after some traveling I can say that

-Old Tide Claws on Cyrene drop thyroid oil (On round about 500 kills 372 ped of thyroid oil).
-Provider Tide Claws drop a mix of Adrenal and Thyroid oil

I did not test the higher maturities though.

Happy hunting

Regards

Not meaning to necro, but I'm having a tough time locating this on any lower-level mob. The Sumimas mentioned above are way out of my league. Is this something limited to higher level mobs?

Also a tip for those looking for Thyroid, I just finished it in 2 days on Cornundos, they drop it like crazy.

Not meaning to necro, but I'm having a tough time locating this on any lower-level mob. The Sumimas mentioned above are way out of my league. Is this something limited to higher level mobs?

Sumima is fairly slow, not really hard if you have range; most spawns I know are in PVP though.

Ambu, maffs and esto might be too big;

other options: mermoth (very slow) and sonic squid (very low HA, I do them naked (lvl 25 evader)),

Sumima is fairly slow, not really hard if you have range; most spawns I know are in PVP though.

Ambu, maffs and esto might be too big;

other options: mermoth (very slow) and sonic squid (very low HA, I do them naked (lvl 25 evader)),

Mermoth looks like something I could handle, I will try them. Thanks!

Mermoth looks like something I could handle, I will try them. Thanks!

I haven't checked them in a while, so not sure if they still drop it; also, all spawns I know are nasty mixes (Oyster island was mermoth with bristlehog and cersumon (can sneak around), Myrene island has them with atrox (not doable)).

I haven't checked them in a while, so not sure if they still drop it; also, all spawns I know are nasty mixes (Oyster island was mermoth with bristlehog and cersumon (can sneak around), Myrene island has them with atrox (not doable)).

Yea they are dropping it lots, thanks a bunch for the tip. They are not too tough, but holy crap their aggro radius is huge, and that seems to be the tough part for me. My tagger is almost 80m, but even that gets me too close to pick one out of a group of them, so I'm getting swarmed a bit. I found a Young-Guardian spawn in the snowy part that seems ok, I might try a few of the others to see if I can find a lower density.

Back