I'm A Gambler

S4400Salvation

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Shaman 4400 Salvation
@MindArk

I am a Gambler (and yes playing Entropia is a gamble whenever you go hunting, mining or crafting).

After 9 years of playing Entropia i am losing interest in spending time playing the game, to feed my gambling addiction i play POKER (which is allot of fun especially final table), that being said it is precious time i could have been spending playing your game.

What can and will you do to keep me around?

ps. Why? Because i can.

Last edited:
What can and will you do to keep me around?

I'm not Mindark (you worked that out easily enough)

Have you tried Storage / Christmas boxes and now have 900 pets to feed? :scratch2:

I'm not Mindark (you worked that out easily enough)

Have you tried Storage / Christmas boxes and now have 900 pets to feed? :scratch2:

Will try that out only if it's as fun as drilling lyst claims. :)

Anyone who has kept a log for 3-4 consecutive months knows there's no gamble on the macro scale, nothing whatsoever.
If u usually flip 3 coins per night then I have to agree, this is indeed a gamble. Then again, if that's the case there's no reason to speak about addiction, gambling or otherwise.

If u want to make claims about how this game works, the correct place for this thread is in Loot Theories... :yup:

much love to your post man ;) there was a time when poker was much more boring than EU and we are still waiting for that to come back ! yeah :)
i'm depositing here and there without any purpose just to look how its going

its not like gameplay is addictive so... any clue of why there were so many players few years back?

Anyone who has kept a log for 3-4 consecutive months knows there's no gamble on the macro scale, nothing whatsoever.
If u usually flip 3 coins per night then I have to agree, this is indeed a gamble. Then again, if that's the case there's no reason to speak about addiction, gambling or otherwise.

If u want to make claims about how this game works, the correct place for this thread is in Loot Theories... :yup:

No claims, just logic.

Doing something that is uncertain is a gamble by definition.

Either you drop 1 bomb or 10k bombs, every drop is uncertain what the outcome will be.

(think i mentioned that same line somewhere else in a post).

You think yourself a gambler and you haven't opened a box? :D

much love to your post man ;) there was a time when poker was much more boring than EU and we are still waiting for that to come back ! yeah :)
i'm depositing here and there without any purpose just to look how its going

its not like gameplay is addictive so... any clue of why there were so many players few years back?

<removed>

As to the playerbase i can't really say anything about that, some players moved on, new ones arrived but since the number of players is kept secret by MA we have no idea if it grew or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think yourself a gambler and you haven't opened a box? :D

Last post about the lyst "insert sarcasm here" :).

I'm at 350 boxes so far. :)

<removed> im not playing poker anymore not enough money atm :p im too much a gambler to keep a bankroll safe :D

edit : btw im french so only playing with french, <removed> ;)

<removed> im not playing poker anymore not enough money atm :p im too much a gambler to keep a bankroll safe :D

edit : btw im french so only playing with french <removed> ;)

It's a good alternative from playing Entropia. :)

Also i need more hash, time for coffeeshop. :)

It's a good alternative from playing Entropia. :)

Also i need more hash, time for coffeeshop. :)

true, spent a week on FOMA, not playing much but found many claims, no multiplier. (some rookie, unamped, and amped)

this is the real pb i guess, in the current state it "seems" like 1/10 chance of getting a multiplier than what it was before. and a x2 is very welcome. scary

No claims, just logic.

Doing something that is uncertain is a gamble by definition.

Either you drop 1 bomb or 10k bombs, every drop is uncertain what the outcome will be.
The reference to logic is rather unfortunate! :laugh:

BUT to not remain declarative, let me give 3 examples to PROVE u wrong.

All examples have to do with math but they all very simple and don't require any scientific background or education. I suppose the knowledge of the principles described below might be quite useful for any serious gambler. ;)

OK, here it comes.

First:
The Law of Large Numbers.
In a nutshell - if u flip the coin once it's impossible to predict if u get heads or tails.
However, if u flip the same coin few thousand times the result will be 50/50 and this has nothing to do with chance. It's pure math, the outcome can be predicted with scientific accuracy. As the number of tries increases the accuracy of the prognosis eventually approaches 100%. (Mathematically speaking, for unlimited number of tries the margin of error is absolute zero - you can predict the outcome exactly).

Second: Check out the video below. Starting from 5:30.

Short recap: True story. Describes in detail how some guys from MIT used a state lottery to make huge profit.
The lottery offered increased chances to win at certain days, but as the bonuses were calculated wrong (were a bit too generous) it was possible to calculate the outcome, provided a) u used a certain system when choosing which tickets to buy, and b) u bought very large amount of tickets.

The Inspector General of the state investigated the case but as the House (the State) didn't lose as a result (effectively other gamblers paid the price), he concluded the lottery fulfilled it's goal and there was no need to take action.

(One might see a certain parallels to the next one there... :))

Third: Merry Mayhem 2015. Due to the over-generous bonuses, all players who met certain conditions were able to make TT profit: a) u had to be able to hunt reasonably eco (very uneco hunting might have resulted in decreasing you profit margin below 100% TT return), and b) you had to claim all rewards (cuz the rewards were cumulative, each subsequent reward included also the previous one).

Last edited:

you can gamble on small samples without any rule of large numbers applying, if those samples are selected ;)

you may think : "but then its farming selected events/areas?"

no its not since the chance of success is not guaranteed, thats gambling

example : someone farm unamped and when he thinks its moneytime he amps. its pure gambling, large numbers applying here? no, impossible, since the amped period is determined by the choice of the player, this choice is a gamble.

fact here, is that MA reduced this kind of playing methods as 0 since multipliers are.... rare. very rare

The reference to logic is rather unfortunate! :laugh:

BUT to not remain declarative, let me give 3 examples to PROVE u wrong.

All examples have to do with math but they all very simple and don't require any scientific background or education. I suppose the knowledge of the principles described below might be quite useful for any serious gambler. ;)

OK, here it comes.

First:
The Law of Large Numbers.
In a nutshell - if u flip the coin once it's impossible to predict if u get heads or tails.
However, if u flip the same coin few thousand times the result will be 50/50 and this has nothing to do with chance. It's pure math, the outcome can be predicted with scientific accuracy. As the number of tries increases the accuracy of the prognosis eventually approaches 100%. (Mathematically speaking, for unlimited number of tries the margin of error is absolute zero - you can predict the outcome exactly).

Second: Check out the video below. Starting from 5:30.

Short recap: True story that describes how some guys from MIT used a state lottery to make huge profit.
The lottery offered increased chances to win at certain days, but as the bonuses were calculated wrong (were a bit too generous) it was possible to calculate the outcome, provided a) u used a certain system when choosing which tickets to buy, and b) u bought very large amount of tickets.
The Inspector General of the state investigated the case but as the House (the State) didn't lose as a result of this scheme (effectively other gamblers paid the price), he concluded the lottery fulfilled it's goal and there was no need to take action against those guys.

(One might see a certain parallels to the next one there... :))

Third: Merry Mayhem 2015. Due to the over-generous bonuses, all players who met certain conditions were able to make TT profit: a) u had to be able to hunt reasonably eco (very uneco hunting might have resulted in decreasing you profit margin below 100% TT return), and b) you had to claim all rewards (cuz the rewards were cumulative, each subsequent reward included also the previous one).

Sorry but you are mentioning TT profit/returns ect. which i never mentioned or stated, the fact that remains is if you drop a bomb or kill a mob you have no idea what the outcome will be, in other words a gamble.

you can gamble on small samples without any rule of large numbers applying, if those samples are selected ;)
You can use a bicycle for flying - ride over a cliff and u will fly (for a while).
Doesn't make bicycle a flying vehicle.

My point is, OP made a claim about the nature of the game (what this game IS and how it works).
My post is there to demonstrate these claims are highly subjective and belong to the loot theories section.

fact here, is that MA reduced this kind of playing methods as 0 since multipliers are.... rare. very rare
And this, I'm afraid demonstrates clearly that you haven't figured out the very basics of this game yet. No offense! It is perfectly normal, the learning curve here is indeed extremely steep and it often takes many years to figure out even the very basic truths.

You can use a bicycle for flying - ride over a cliff and u will fly (for a while).

My point is, OP made a claim about the nature of the game (what this game IS and how it works).
My post is there to demonstrate these claims are highly subjective and belong to the loot theories section.

I disagree, we have different understandings of the word gamble, when someone is doing something which he is certain of that isn't a gamble, but when the uncertain factor comes along, that again is a gamble by definition.

What does the word gamble mean to you?

absolutely agree. but you should not be blind like that and understand what this thread is about : no its not about "this game is a gamble" its about "the gamble on this game was there before and its not anymore, so I leave or you do anything to keep me here?"

edit : or maybe im wrong looking at last OPer post

And this, I'm afraid demonstrates clearly that you haven't figured out the very basics of this game yet. No offense! It is perfectly normal, the learning curve here is indeed extremely steep and it often takes many years to figure out even the very basic truths.

oh just read this and i want to learn more. I may not have understood the very basics, but you can believe me thats been like 3 years im testing things to determine how this game works.

and then i say to you that multipliers are rarer, so you can't anymore apply some gambles you could apply, and you tell me im a noob? its ok, i can be a noob dude, but whats the link with what i explained?

yes multipliers are rarer... you didnt see it?

or you try to tell me that I should run large numbers to succeed.... hum, no sorry, my game here is to succeed on small numbers^^

I'm not a grinder and will NEVER be

as this is partly offtopic I invite you to continue this in pm ;)

What does the word gamble mean to you?
The word "gamble" means to me I can predict with scientific accuracy what my next months return % will be.

... its not about "this game is a gamble" its about "the gamble on this game was there before and its not anymore, so I leave or you do anything to keep me here?"

edit : or maybe im wrong looking at last OPer post
I agree, the focus of OP is what u pointed out.
I was only pointing out that within this post OP managed to "smuggle in" a fundamental claim about the nature of the game hoping nobody will notice.
Kiddin'... :)
He prolly didn't have any idea this claim might be debatable.

The word "gamble" means to me I can predict with scientific accuracy what my next months return % will be.

I agree, the focus of OP is what u pointed out.
I was only pointing out that within this post OP managed to "smuggle in" a fundamental claim about the nature of the game hoping nobody will notice.
Kiddin'... :)
He prolly didn't have any idea this claim might be debatable.

The problem is you are using the word in a long term sense, like you mentioned months return, now where in the OP did i mention anything about returns.

Lets make it really simple for you.

You kill one mob a day, are you certain that mob will give a specific XX of PED?

If the answer is yes, please do tell, if your answer is a no, then that is a gamble my friend.

... as this is partly offtopic I invite you to continue this in pm ;)
Oh, I don't think we are deviating from the overall theme of gambling activities in EU and what MA shoud (could?) do about em.
If i'm wrong there the mods will prolly take action... and I'm OK with that too.

multipliers are rarer...
My log shows me the multipliers are not rarer. There was a relatively low period last month, but in the long term it all balances out again.
What has changed, however, is the MU in mining (also hunting) and that affects your returns indeed, most definitely.

or you try to tell me that I should run large numbers to succeed.... hum, no sorry, my game here is to succeed on small numbers^^
Yes, well... Obviously everyone plays it the way they like. There's many playstyles and it's not my business to say that some are "correct" and some are "wrong". In the end it's your choice - so they're essentially all "right", as long as they suit you.

Things become a bit problematic when ppl start making claims about all the possible ways this game can be played, while they actually don't have the slightest idea about most of them... :yup:

(This is the best answer to the S4400Salvation's post above I could come up also.)

Last edited:
Club Neverdie would have been a great place for in-game poker.

Get your avatar drunk, see some live shows, and gamble all your PEDs away. The DREAM!

Rest in peace, CND.

(This is the best answer to the S4400Salvation's post above I could come up also.)

What answer would that be?

ps. for some reason you are fixated on a "long term sense" when the word gamble comes to you, if you break it down like i mentioned in the post above, it becomes quite simple.

Club Neverdie would have been a great place for in-game poker.

Get your avatar drunk, see some live shows, and gamble all your PEDs away. The DREAM!

Rest in peace, CND.

CND's rise and decline reminds me of what I have heard about Atlantic City :laugh:

What answer would that be?

ps. for some reason you are fixated on a "long term sense" when the word gamble comes to you, if you break it down like i mentioned in the post above, it becomes quite simple.
Sry for misunderstanding. I have never tried to criticize your playstyle.

It's only when u make a public announcement stating that everyone here is playing a gambling game that I'm tempted to mention these claims don't necessarily apply to everyone.

My log shows me the multipliers are not rarer. There was a relatively low period last month, but in the long term it all balances out again.
What has changed, however, is the MU in mining (also hunting) and that affects your returns indeed, most definitely.

dude, I definitely like your way of thinking. I may not agree, but you are the one on this forum I read and think "this guy know, he has the right words".

no im not in love, but I had to say this ;)

You say then number of multipliers is the same. Sorry but I can't believe it. or are you talking about 1-2 years ago when im talking about 2009-2010-2011?

yes indeed, thats been almost 3 years im looking deeply into the loot mechanics to find patterns etc, multipliers and it didnt change much. I know for sure that in SGA and before VU10 you could find ALOT more multipliers than now. for sure! It takes what mini 2k clicks condition crafting to get a x20... in FOMA you need to spend weeks when some days were enough before.

you will tell me? but avergae loot is better? really? no. no no no. its not, not at all.

again, small samples vs large samples. what I see is that now you can't gamble anymore on small amounts. You need large amounts, as pre VU 10, but with lower multipliers (often x10-x20, a x100 or x200 is so hard to get you could lose 10 times your bankroll before getting it)

Sry for misunderstanding. I have never tried to criticize your playstyle.

It's only when u make a public announcement stating that everyone here is playing a gambling game that I'm tempted to mention these claims don't necessarily apply to everyone.

Np for misunderstanding but i do think you are still not enlightened.

Which post that you read gave you a feeling on what my playstyle is?

And again you didn't answer the question i mentioned above, if you did that, you wouldn't have the need for that public announcement statement you just wrote.

ps. if you get a HOF/Tower/ATH that doesn't mean that it wasn't a gamble while achieving that.

no im not in love, but I had to say this ;)
Ow, this was so sweet. Thanx! :cool:

You say then number of multipliers is the same. Sorry but I can't believe it. or are you talking about 1-2 years ago when im talking about 2009-2010-2011?

yes indeed, thats been almost 3 years im looking deeply into the loot mechanics to find patterns etc, multipliers and it didnt change much. I know for sure that in SGA and before VU10 you could find ALOT more multipliers than now. for sure! It takes what mini 2k clicks condition crafting to get a x20... in FOMA you need to spend weeks when some days were enough before.

you will tell me? but avergae loot is better? really? no. no no no. its not, not at all.

again, small samples vs large samples. what I see is that now you can't gamble anymore on small amounts. You need large amounts, as pre VU 10, but with lower multipliers (often x10-x20, a x100 or x200 is so hard to get you could lose 10 times your bankroll before getting it)
Oh, lol, now I get your reference frame.
See, I'm in the crossfire here - from one side I've been told to look at the smaller (time)scale, from the other side - to the larger time scale... :D

Yes, I absolutely agree with you if u compare today's super-stable (or: "boring" if u wish lol) loot mechanics with the much more volatile loot system we had many years ago.

There is some signs (i.e.: increased max multiplier limit, so far observed only in hunting and only with small mobs) that might show the pendulum might be moving back towards a bit more volatile / less "boring" loot system. We'll see how it goes... Time will tell.
(Most likely this would not change the longterm average TT returns, thou...)

Yes, I posted it a few weeks ago.

However, this forum has got a bit "hostile" in the past few months. So in between disagreeing with people, I'll inject a bit of lightness and who knows, maybe some humour.

Quite honestly, years ago, the majority of my posts were of the more lighthearted sort, but I digress.

It's all in the video / song, which I'm sure everyone has heard at some point!

Back