I'm A Gambler

There is some signs (i.e.: increased max multiplier limit, so far observed only in hunting and only with small mobs) that might show the pendulum might be moving back towards a bit more volatile

I don't think so... got a tower of treasures 12k unamped in 2012 if im right, thats like 4k multiplier if you take x2 loot as reference.

max multiplier isnt a clue really.

you need to look at hof and when you will find atleast 3-4 5k+ loots any profession any day, then its gone back its way to where it was in what? 2012?

and if you find 3-4 10k+ any profession any day its back to 2009-2010, etc.

All ive seen is multiplier going down while average multiplier (or frequency of loot) not going up. (even worse, thats even harder to find a claim in FOMA now with lower and rarer multipliers !!!! I know small samples dont equal large numbers but rly it seems like 15-20 double drops to find a single claim (when you need to find 1/5-7 depending on amp) I often tell me : HOW THE HELL the other FOMA miners do amping all the way to a tower or anything. thats just impossible, you could loose 100k ped for a 4k tower))

I don't think so... got a tower of treasures 12k unamped in 2012 if im right, thats like 4k multiplier if you take x2 loot as reference.

max multiplier isnt a clue really.

you need to look at hof and when you will find atleast 3-4 5k+ loots any profession any day, then its gone back its way to where it was in what? 2012?

and if you find 3-4 10k+ any profession any day its back to 2009-2010, etc.

All ive seen is multiplier going down while average multiplier (or frequency of loot) not going up. (even worse, thats even harder to find a claim in FOMA now with lower and rarer multipliers !!!!)
Fair enough, it seems u right on all accounts there.
But.. I'm not sure why u so fixated on the multipliers? :scratch2:
I tend to look at the total TT return and can't care less about the number and size of minis/globals/hofs/aths that made it up.

Fair enough, it seems u right on all accounts there.
But.. I'm not sure why u so fixated on the multipliers? :scratch2:
I tend to look at the total TT return and can't care less about the number and size of minis/globals/hofs/aths that made it up.

simple, when i figured out I couldnt make a large enough bankroll to survive, I spent time to figure out how to win or survive on small amounts. And when you do that, the challenge is so hard with like 500 ped, that you entirely rely on multipliers to survive. Any method you apply will make you lose all at a time on small samples, any mistake and your bankroll is dead. So if multipliers are dead, you see it easily.

but even if my wallet is a bit dead ill try to test my "methods" on small samples with 1k or 2k peds next time, check in 2-3 weeks if you find me top hof, or if Im flooding glob channel, that means I succeeded ;)

simple, when i figured out I couldnt make a large enough bankroll to survive, I spent time to figure out how to win or survive on small amounts. And when you do that, the challenge is so hard with like 500 ped, that you entirely rely on multipliers to survive. Any method you apply will make you lose all at a time on small samples, any mistake and your bankroll is dead. So if multipliers are dead, you see it easily.

but even if my wallet is a bit dead ill try to test my "methods" on small samples with 1k or 2k peds next time, check in 2-3 weeks if you find me top hof, or if Im flooding glob channel, that means I succeeded ;)
OK, yes, this sums it up quite nicely.

Only one thing remains to be said - let the Lootius smile on u and good luck!

The word "gamble" means to me I can predict with scientific accuracy what my next months return % will be.

This has to be the best comment on PCF.:laugh:
Unless, of course you meant the opposite.

oops. I told something wrong about forum rules and I apologize :)

Last edited:
OP Fixed, TY Serica for the Overthinking and OverMODDING.

Shaman, if you are a gambler then this game is not for you. It is not setup for gambling in a sense.

For my answer I will be comparing EU to Poker and why if you like to gamble playing something like poker then EU is the total opposite and you'll never feel your rewarded for your game-play.

EU - when you hunt, craft, mine etc you will get globals and hof's but most of the time only after you have spend and lost twice that much. So when you go out shooting stuff or clicking stuff with the intent to find something nice most times and until you've lost enough you wont find it.

You will lose most the times, you will win very few times. And when you do it will not be much over the initial value of what you started gambling that day. Every win comes with strings attached in the games algorithm, there is a price to pay to or for winning.

Poker - you actually have some chance here and theres no algorithms holding you back.

You will lose sometimes, you win sometimes. You win big amounts without losing a lot. You lose big amounts without winning a lot.

Note: im only stating how trying to gamble in this game works, losing and such does not applies to a well thought out long game. But for just trying to gamble then yes this is how it works.​

Shaman, if you are a gambler then this game is not for you. It is not setup for gambling in a sense.

For my answer I will be comparing EU to Poker and why if you like to gamble playing something like poker then EU is the total opposite and you'll never feel your rewarded for your game-play.

EU - when you hunt, craft, mine etc you will get globals and hof's but most of the time only after you have spend and lost twice that much. So when you go out shooting stuff or clicking stuff with the intent to find something nice most times and until you've lost enough you wont find it.
You will lose most the times, you will win very few times. And when you do it will not be much over the initial value of what you started gambling that day. Every win comes with strings attached in the games algorithm, there is a price to pay to or for winning.

Poker - you actually have some chance here and theres no algorithms holding you back.
You will lose sometimes, you win sometimes. You win big amounts without losing a lot. You lose big amounts without winning a lot.

Note: im only stating how trying to gamble in this game works, losing and such does not applies to a well thought out long game. But for just trying to gamble then yes this is how it works.​

This seems like a TT return, Item looted ect. response, again where did i ever state anything about that.

I never mentioned anything about winning or losing, to summ it up what i said in OP is to MA what will they do to keep me playing, after 9 years of gameplay i think it is fair to ask.

@MindArk

I am a Gambler (and yes playing Entropia is a gamble whenever you go hunting, mining or crafting).

After 9 years of playing Entropia i am losing interest in spending time playing the game, to feed my gambling addiction i play POKER (which is allot of fun especially final table), that being said it is precious time i could have been spending playing your game.

What can and will you do to keep me around?

ps. Why? Because i can.

Im just responeding to the first or this thread.

And telling you what to expect from both, like I was saying winning comes with a price here.

@MindArk
What can and will you do to keep me around?

What they can do is give you a good run of luck <--(Controversial thing to say, guys pls dont kill me!), that might get you interested like poker does as you said. But with that luck or those win's the system will kick in and you will pay for them in the long run.

So the same thing they can do to keep you around will also be the same thing that will drive you away faster.

Meaning you will only enjoy your big win's for a short time and when the system takes over and MA stops micro managing your case you will suffer must greater in the things that have kept you around till this point.

Last edited:
If I understand OP correctly, his question is, "Can I ride the bicycle over the cliff?"
Answer to that question is ofc "Yeah, u definitely can do that."
And then he asks what can MA offer to ppl who don't care about returns or profit at all to make riding over cliff more exciting?

I have no idea what they could possibly do to satisfy that kind of hobby. But maybe MA can think of something?

This has to be the best comment on PCF.:laugh:
Unless, of course you meant the opposite.
Nono, I'm dead serious.
There's ofc those loot swings and 1 month is relatively too short time, therefore the prediction can't be very accurate... but yes, with my turnover I can at least predict the ballpark number pretty safely. :yup:

Last edited:
Its only gambling if you don't get the required result at the end of it ;).

Last edited:
Well you know, I don't ride my bicycle over the cliff, but just one pass of introspection reveals the only reason is I don't want the fun to stop.

@MindArk

I am a Gambler (and yes playing Entropia is a gamble whenever you go hunting, mining or crafting).

I like the fact that you accusing MA for breaking ToU.

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct
n. Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.

I like the fact that you accusing MA for breaking ToU.

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct
n. Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.

You must be new young Padawan.

Rules are just there to have rules, many many rules are being broken. (as i write this even :))

Back