Question: MA´s unloved child Mindforce ?

Acar

Provider
Acarus Acar Torus
Wishlist:

- amplifier !
- sights or maybe processors or other attachments
- new mindforce implants with other abilities
- more endgame attack chips L (max dps chip 56 atm)
- more endgame attack chips UL (best dps chip UL 48.4 with 2.876 dmg/pec)

ability example from Angel O2 Mercer are nice:

Combustive chips -> Amp will add burn
Cryogenic chips -> Amp adds metabolic inhibition (slow)
Corrosive chips -> Amp adds regeneration inhibition (-regen)
Electric chips -> Amp will add electrical damage over time

I think amplifier with abilities or dmg are a good step, would be nice to see them in the next time.

something planned ?

thank you

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed they have not added more abilities. And when they add some they often have so high skills requirement that it's not many that can use them. I prefer they add abilities that even low-level user can use, even if not as good as if you have a higher skill-level. We don't need more attack/damage chips, but other abilities.

yea I agree, but wouldn't say just add amps and enhancers, its just like guns then.
id like to to see MF chips with extra abilities like deaccelation as well as damage
or enhancers/amps that add something special instead of damage, again like deaccelation or Burn/Frost DOT damage, more enchancers, more damage

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed they have not added more abilities. And when they add some they often have so high skills requirement that it's not many that can use them. I prefer they add abilities that even low-level user can use, even if not as good as if you have a higher skill-level. We don't need more attack/damage chips, but other abilities.

Mh, my english isnt really good... but i guess you meant "you" dont need more attack/dmg chips ?

Thats ok. I would like to see all. More attack/damage chips and other abilities. Bring it on :wtg:

Mh, my english isnt really good... but i guess you meant "you" dont need more attack/dmg chips ?

Thats ok. I would like to see all. More attack/damage chips and other abilities. Bring it on :wtg:

He's right though. There are plenty of attack varieties. We need diversity in combat now. The basics are there.

How about a Chip that requires Level 30 Telekinetic and level 30 Cryogenic to create an AOE whirlwind, that does damage to all targets in a straight line for 100m?

How about a fast action teleport chip that requires Synchronization to be active on the caster that only works in extremely short distances, but can be used while moving? Would make combat more interesting, allowing people to quickly blink from the rear of a combat situation to the front lines, or vice versa.

How about a chip that combines level 30 Telekinetic and Level 30 Pyrokinetic to create a shield that can absorb X amount of heat damage and physical damage per second, for 30 minutes (or until dead)?

How about a Pyrokinetic chip that creates a wall of fire in the direction of the casters choosing, for 5-60 seconds, doing x amount of damage per second to any creature that finds itself within the field?

How about some more buff and debuff chips?

Or how about just fixing wormhole chips so that they work for everyone on the friend list, and not just random people?

Use the arson chip and then use another chip and tell me the DPS I am sure we can get higher then what you posted. :p

But yea, def needs more options.

what about rocket/grenade launchers :(

I sent a support ticket approximately a month ago asking if MF amps were in the future , and was given the cookie cutter response "blah blah blah cannot give out future details blah blah sent to developers .. blah you are amazing Bones .. blah" or something like that.

Id rather they sort the skill tree out then add amps. All good having the dps but if you skill mf only you wont have the hp to survive the attacks from the bigger mobs. so makes having the massive chips with super dps pointless.

Make one chip per all of the abilities that pets can give... the system is already in place, so would not require a lot of coding, just make it so that MF chip activates whatever instead of the pet.

Don't need "amps" because Mindforce doesn't need to look like the rest of the weapon sets. Perhaps implants that additional abilities or MF chips that amp your damage output for X amount of time. Or chips that do more interesting things (as stated above, AOE chips with mixed damage abilities). There are so many ways to make MF more unique.

But absolutely they need higher level chips. Why this hasn't happened yet is beyond me. I'm beyond max skills for the highest level chips, so there is no where to go.

I always thought it was weird that cryo chips didnt freeze or slow down their target. Arson chips do inflict damage over time, but that's their only purpose.

Maybe make mindforce "amps" (no need to call them amps even) that add damage over time or cool effects to regular chips, depending on their element.

Combustive chips -> Amp will add burn
Cryogenic chips -> Amp adds metabolic inhibition (slow)
Corrosive chips -> Amp adds regeneration inhibition (-regen)
Electric chips -> Amp will add electrical damage over time

Just an example, so many cool things could be done with mindforce. But please, dont drive all the profesions into the same thing...

Another mechanic that comes to my mind is, when you combine the traditional notions of translocation and attack, you get an attack chip with not only a maximum but also a minimum range. The same can hold true for the bulkiest of the long range rifles.

And a mechanic which could be no end of blessing would be a teleport with no animation. The last thing I want after I've sniped a target is a shiny bubble advertising my exact location.

How about....

Telepathic sense chips - That allow to have a radar in pvp zones, higher chips- higher range and ME burn

How about....

Telepathic sense chips - That allow to have a radar in pvp zones, higher chips- higher range and ME burn

Ick! I get why, but ick! :scared:

What about brawler profession?

- tiering of healing chips, especially the restoration ones

For the price I paid, I'm disappointed in my mod resto chips 5m range, I knew what that range was before I did the work to aquire it, its still a great chip but that range just sucks compaired to regen x, etc. 20m+

I also don't like that they changed it that you have to be facing the target, I used to be able to zoom out in third person and r-click on someone in range and "toss a heal" on them in a crowd.

I would love for them to fix these things, especially the range issue on my mod resto chip.

Id rather they sort the skill tree out then add amps. All good having the dps but if you skill mf only you wont have the hp to survive the attacks from the bigger mobs. so makes having the massive chips with super dps pointless.

Wouldn't more dps help in killing faster to avoid death?

Wouldn't more dps help in killing faster to avoid death?

Well 1 most mf chips have rubbish range. Two if you skilled mf only your hp would be so terrible most mobs medium to highish lvl mobs would kill you in 2 to 3 hits. I just see it completely pointless myself and i have been in that position as i started solely on mf so i know a few things ;).

Well 1 most mf chips have rubbish range. Two if you skilled mf only your hp would be so terrible most mobs medium to highish lvl mobs would kill you in 2 to 3 hits. I just see it completely pointless myself and i have been in that position as i started solely on mf so i know a few things ;).

You make some valid points as to range and hp. I personally have invested in First Gen Electric VII which has 88 range at tier 0 which is why I want amps to give me that punch I need for larger beasts. I use my chip to tag and draw the life down hopefully at least to 1/2 life , then finish with powerfist which helps with some of the missing hp that MF doesn't add.

I realize it is my own dilemma that I made MF my prime hunting method , but then again I have never been terribly sensible when it comes to econ and the mainstream hunting methods. I see all other hunting systems moving up in DPS , and MF is becoming very stagnant , a little added econ wouldn't hurt as well.

I realize it is my own dilemma that I made MF my prime hunting method , but then again I have never been terribly sensible when it comes to econ and the mainstream hunting methods.

This reminds me of my attempt to kill mobs by wearing them out with decoys.

You make some valid points as to range and hp. I personally have invested in First Gen Electric VII which has 88 range at tier 0 which is why I want amps to give me that punch I need for larger beasts. I use my chip to tag and draw the life down hopefully at least to 1/2 life , then finish with powerfist which helps with some of the missing hp that MF doesn't add.

I realize it is my own dilemma that I made MF my prime hunting method , but then again I have never been terribly sensible when it comes to econ and the mainstream hunting methods. I see all other hunting systems moving up in DPS , and MF is becoming very stagnant , a little added econ wouldn't hurt as well.

Oh im not saying don't introduce amps at all but at least sort the skill tree or do summit to get around the hp issue and range. I would have guessed alot of people pushing for the amps are speculators/hoarding chips for their own gain if and when it does get introduced. Prices of some ul chips have been steadily rising ever since the introduction of melee amps so i assume it's speculators and the fact their not droping as much as they did last year and the year before.

Back