FYI: How true to their word Monria owners are...

Status
Holy shit are they ever are acting like children in that thread.

I am glad I got out of there.

I see they deleted said thread in the mean time, so I'll just post an example of language they used in said thread (please note that this guy is officially part of the Monria team, not a random player):

nxUGzxM.png

It's funny how you like the events when is free stuff and .... then blackmailing ;)
I have been played before Ant jump for it and now . Only think i can say is they are doing great job so far . Amazing events whit lots of fun and competitions !

And you DOA overreact on everything ! Take it easy and enjoy the game & friends :)

Good luck !

Mac

Last edited:
It's funny how you like the events when is free stuff and .... then blackmailing ;)

blackmail

ˈblakmeɪl/
noun

• the action, treated as a criminal offence, of demanding money from someone in return for not revealing compromising information which one has about them.

So you suggest that I PMed Ant (or anyone else) to give me money to not post that in here? I assure you that never happened and I came here directly, relating what happened, without blackmailing anyone.

Now, if you (or anyone) has any evidence to suggest otherwise and back-up your claim, please do post that and shame me. 'Till that happens, I will consider that just one more lie from the Monria fan-crew...

Last edited:
You seem to presume ppl act reasonably and follow logic in their responses?

Well, this is a common mistake ppl gifted with over average brain power tend to make. It's easy to make this mistake. Your everyday experience tells you most ppl are not like you. Their reactions are usually based on all sorts of prejudices, emotional reactions based on random false impressions or their recent experiences that had nothing to do with you or your message.

That's how ppl are... I believe everyone does that now and then. Even those who have very clear and disciplined mind. If this behavior bothers the hell out of you (I know it does for me lol), then it means you have traces of the exact same thing present in you, however well suppressed and hidden away it may be. This intense negative reaction you experience is a simple projection effect.

But enough psychology. I'm afraid we have enough evidence already to diagnose you as having a this messy irrational crazy condition we call "being a normal human being". It sucks, I know (not joking)... but don't be too depressed about this. It has it's positive side. It means your not alone in this world.

:smoke:

It's a shame that you had to go through this. It sounds to me like you have already moved on and made the best of it. It's tough to be the one pointing out when things go wrong because the natural reaction for a lot of people is to "defend", it provides a great opportunity for some really good butt-kissing and stuff but all that aside, the info is always appreciated. I usually pay attention and I observe and make my own conclusion. Needless to say, I stay away from future events that have a high probability of rules changing in the middle of the race and terrible odds for me. Owner-sponsored stuff that can be manipulated - I would have to know the owner his/her integrity to take part. Love the usual events created using the EU Event mechanism. For RT, the Kong event is kinda broken but they know that and we all know that and we all have fun and no one gets hurt. I stick to those events.

If anything good can come from it, at least everyone learned some lessons for future events!

You are missing some important details here DoA and rule change was completely expectable for the reasons below:

Quality vs quantity

For example(fictive example), I wanna sort out damage type of a Monria mob. Its not a simple thing and it takes a lot of time and testing. However after 10 hours of work, I post my result on a wiki page, and I get 1 contribution points!

Then you read my page and edit a spelling mistakes, it takes you 2min, you get 1 contribution point.

Then later you decide some info would look better with bulleted list, you edit the page, add bullet (take 1min), you get 1 contribution point.

Then a day later you find it would look better with some color, you edit text with some color, get 1 contribution point.

Then you edit again changing the text font to a better one, you get 1 contribution point

And then repeat with all the other wiki pages.

So the result was 1 person investing 10 hours of work would get 1 points and another who invest 30min is able to get 30 points

How is this logic? You didn't expect them to modify the contest rules?

I think rule change was logic & expectable.

Last edited:
You are missing some important details here DoA and rule change was completely expectable for the reasons below:

Quality vs quantity

For example(fictive example), I wanna sort out damage type of a Monria mob. Its not a simple thing and it takes a lot of time and testing. However after 10 hours of work, I post my result on a wiki page, and I get 1 contribution points!

Then you read my page and edit a grammar mistake, it takes you 2min, you get 1 contribution point.

Then later you decide some info would look better with bulleted list, you edit the page, add bullet (take 1min), you get 1 contribution point.

Then a day later you find it would look better with some color, you edit text with some color, get 1 contribution point.

Then you edit again changing the text font to a better one, you get 1 contribution point

So the result was 1 person investing 10 hours of work would get 1 points and another who invest 30min is able to get 30 points

How is this logic? You didn't expect them to modify the contest rules? (lol)

I think rule change was logic, expectable and fair for every participants.

If it works like that, i agree the rule change was a good move.

What is nok OK is how it was handled. Turning her contributions into something negative. While some of the contributions points might be "cheap" gained. there's likely a lot of decent content too. The way they handled it, it only put her in a bad light.

Its fine to disagree and even be upset about it, but any officials from Monria should only and always only have a business approach to things. including customer service. This is my Opinion, Even if she was behaving like a maniac, nothing apologies for the type of reply she had in the deleted thread

Reactions: DoA
Hmm

+ rep for DoA

I have been working in management for more than 10 years. One simple fact, if you start a competition and you discover you have made a mistake ... live with it .. never change the rules of the game at half time...

Just my opinion.

+ rep for DoA

I have been working in management for more than 10 years. One simple fact, if you start a competition and you discover you have made a mistake ... live with it .. never change the rules of the game at half time...

Just my opinion.

Disagree. This competition was made as an effort to improve Monria and provide an enjoyable and fair experience. This was the goal of the competition. If the rules were working against this goal (and they were, on BOTH counts) it makes perfect sense to change mid-way.

This is nothing compared to what Calypso did (removing the ammo rewards midway through a mayhem event).

I believe DoA even stated somewhere that she was participating because she enjoyed updating the wiki and wanted to help out so... :scratch2:

Agree the Monria owners were a bit rude (but knowing DoA, I'm damn near 100% sure she triggered them somehow).

I see both sides of the arguement, when i set up toulan Wikia, i did most of the ground work, creating pages, Buttons, Mob Screens but by doing those, each page would be 1-2 major edits and then 5-6 minor edits sorting out spelling mistakes, formatting, links and so on.

so while major edits are worth more, some minor edits are still vital, improving readability can make or break a website + your Terms didn't specify a difference and should stand. However if the edits are petty, changing something, and then immediaty changing something else (that could have been done together) and then change it back.... thats clearly taking the mick and should be warned, and if continues, then maybe disqualified (even tho its not in the terms, its exploiting and against fair play), Changing T&C mid contest isn't really fair.

The reason there were so few participants in said contest is that everyone else was able to figure out it wasn't going to end well just by looking at the rules.

Reactions: ZPF
triggered ...
Not disagreeing with you necessarily, but does a victim trigger its attacker? Well, that wouldn't change the nature of the beast, just its targets.
I'll just say that I don't think it was handled well, to say the least.
I also don't really see why someone from the 'fan? side' has brought this up again either..... oh well.

Hmm, does a victim trigger its attacker? Well, that wouldn't change the nature of the beast, just its targets.
I'll just say that I don't think it was handled well, to say the least.
I also don't really see why someone from the 'fan? side' has brought this up again either..... oh well.

Have you seen DoA's other threads? She has a problem with accepting opinions other than her own, and she will neg rep and attack anyone that doesn't agree with her and her "superior intellect"

:lolup:

I have no doubt in my mind that any rude comments from the Monria owners were well deserved.

Sorry but "rules are rules". It's like a contract. It should have been better analysed before. If it was absolutly necessary to change any rule then compensation should have been made in any case.

Try to change the rules of an official game in real life, you will see what kind of problems you will have. Virtual Worlds should be organised in the same way if you want people to trust virtual economy.

Certainly the rules were bad. Who made this mistake ? The OP ? Second place player ? NO ! It seems both 2 first place players respected the rules as they were written. So the only people who made an error are the organisator.
Neither the OP, neither the second place player should have been sanctionned if they respected the rules.

Can any one shows some rules that OP did not respect ? Can any one shows some rules the second place player did not respect ? If i well understood : nobody is able to provide such information. I means the mistake was made by the game organisator, and it is their responsabilty to compensate people.

And as i said in real life the organisator would have immediatly compensate because he knows that what he did was unfair.

FYI : i do not know OP, i do not know second place player, i do not know organisator. They are all certainly good people. I just noticed that only one made an error : the organisator, and he can't ask someone else to pay for it.

This thread still going on?

My opinion: People at Monria forum apologised. DoA was not compensated which should have happened in my eyes.
Admitting to guilt should also include compensation. However this didn't happen. It ended there. Both parties moved on. Monria has one less fan. Monrian owners will scratch behind their heads the next time they organise an event.
I own a landarea and made my own share of mistakes as well in creating events.. we are after all people.

Rusty Venture Disclaimer: I am not a Monria fan boy, although I do own a shop there. I like all planets. DoA is indeed a society member. My opinion is not influenced by assets I may own or not own on said planets, although my Calypso landarea is used here as an example.

Last edited:
Have you seen DoA's other threads?
Yes I have, maybe not all, but certainly quite a few.
I don't think you have to 'accept' other people's opinions. You put your own opinion out there, agree to disagree if there is no change in position (noone convinces the other) and move on.

DoA has another thread about being disappointed overall - and now wishes to discuss less and just post for trading purposes. That is accepting a situation, not an opinion, and then moving on. Let's follow that example....

____
Post-edit reply upwards to ZPF to save space: from what I've read I'd say DoA did not attack anyone(= all) who disagree(s), but is pretty balanced and to the point. There was something recently about neg-repping the wrong person by mistake (not sure if that was DoA), but whoever it was agreed afterwards that it was an error. Anyway, bad publicity may be fine for ND, who even puts out contentious PRs to get more attention, but I don't see that Monria will gain from continuing this thread topic, so we should cordially agree to see things differently here :)
This comment is to ZDF #47 from 16:27

Last edited:
Yes I have, maybe not all, but certainly quite a few.
I don't think you have to 'accept' other people's opinions.

But you have to accept that people have them, and not neg rep and attack anyone that disagrees with you :rolleyes:

Quality vs quantity

Then you read my page and edit a spelling mistakes, it takes you 2min, you get 1 contribution point.

How is this logic? You didn't expect them to modify the contest rules?

I think rule change was logic & expectable.

I can agree with you that rules could have been made better from the very beginning (like, dunno, give a different weight to major/minor edits or set a minimum edit level to qualify for a point or whatever); problem is that they should have thought at this before the start of the contest, not after.

In the moment when a contest starts under certain rules, I see it like a binding contract, that everyone, including the organizer, would abide to said rules, and will not change them in the middle of contest.

Personally, I wouldn't have joined if I would have known that in the end the decision is based on the subjective impression of the organizer... I joined for the very reason because the rules were clear, objective, not open to discussions and interpretations; I would have accepted other rules (as long as they would have been objective, measurable, and not subjective, interpretable). Never in my life I joined a contest where there was a "jury", but only contests where the winning conditions were clear, objective and measurable.

I would have sure contributed, but to a smaller degree, just like I contributed on Monria forums where there was no contest prior of that event.

Also, it was a funny thing that the rule change happened the very next day after I basically told DME (one of Monria officials) to give me some break and stop messaging me, because I don't feel like talking with her any more (the link to said PM, including its time, is in the original post). Considering that I was the only person affected by said rule change, doesn't that look like an action taken in retaliation?

IMHO, the politically correct action, would have been to let the contest run according to original rules, award the prize according to original rules, then, if the organizer would have considered that someone else deserved more to win, award said other person a second prize (especially since it wasn't a problem for not having or affording a second prize). Then learn from the mistake and on future contests have better rules.

----

And to ZPF: the +/-rep thing says "I agree" or "I disagree" in text; since this is private and visible only to the receiver person, I might choose to silently disagree with someone via your "-rep"-ing, instead of continuing an argument that is obvious that is not going anywhere. You may see things differently, but I consider the act of -rep-ing a lighter version of starting or continuing an argument in public (let that person know privately you disagree with them, but without creating further drama on public forums - unless, of course, said person takes that disagreement too personal and choose to make a tantrum by him/herself). I really fail to see how a "I disagree" message targeted to a specific post, visible only to the receiver party, can count as an "attack". Maybe is not me the person that can't accept that someone else is "disagreeing" with them. You got both +rep and -rep from me (and many others got the same "treatment"); is not like when I +rep-ed you I loved you or when I -rep-ed you I hated you... I was not rating, judging the person, but only the post content, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
Never in my life I joined a contest where there was a "jury", but only contests where the winning conditions were clear, objective and measurable.

Welcome to EU DoA :), just enjoy the ride. Things happen, EU is dynamic ;)

:locked:

Welcome to EU DoA :), just enjoy the ride. Things happen, EU is dynamic ;)

:locked:

For an event like this, judges are obviously appropriate. Similar to fashion shows or artistic events where the results cannot be mathematically "calculated", they are judging on who has provided the most valuable contribution to Monria! Unfortunately spelling/grammatical perfection does not make a wiki great in itself :cool:

(can't wait for my third neg rep from this cranky child :laugh:)

For an event like this, judges are obviously appropriate. Similar to fashion shows or artistic events where the results cannot be mathematically "calculated", they are judging on who has provided the most valuable contribution to Monria! Unfortunately spelling/grammatical perfection does not make a wiki great in itself :cool:

(can't wait for my third neg rep from this cranky child :laugh:)

Absolutely fair, but say that upfront so everyone can decide their participation (or lack of) based on that; whoever trusts the judges and appreciates the format will join, who ever doesn't trust the judges (or just the format with judges) will stay away, not interfere, not waste their time and don't have any reason to cry at the end.

Monria team also organized other contests - like forum avatar contests, fashion contests or pet contests, all with a jury. For the simple reason I didn't trusted neither the judges, neither the general principle of a contest based on subjective rules, so I simply chose to neither participate, neither comment about the outcome of said contests. I would have done the same with the wiki contest, presuming it would have been said upfront that it will be judged by personal impression and not against measurable criteria.

So my problem was not with the new rules; up to a point I can even agree that they may have been better than the original ones. And, actually, I think that absolutely any rules and any contract is fair as long as it is agreed by both (or all) sides.

Is just that is not fair to change the rules in the middle of the contest, considering that some people entered said contest based on the original rules; they agree with that contract, not with the the new, adjusted one. No part of a contract shouldn't have the right to unilaterally change a contract, unless said right was given to them by the original contract, by a special "we reserve the right to..." clause which was agreed by the other parts (and that wasn't the case here).

And about you and your new vendetta against me, I can't get as low as in entering that game. In the moment when instead of keeping the discussion at a level of arguments, you start with insults and ad-hominem attack (like "cranky child") is clearly that you are not trying to find the common ground or the truth, but just to win your "personal war", and I'm honestly not willing to get in such a useless dispute. This is my last message I address to you and, in the future, I'll only express my agreement or disagreement with your posts (YOUR POSTS, NOT YOU) via +/-rep on those respective posts. And yeah, I may be just a child (something I never hide), but I think everyone can make their own judgement and see which one of us acted more mature here.

And, before hitting submit, please let me remind you two quotes I value a lot:

“Violence, even if just in language, is the last refuge of the incompetent.” (Isaac Asimov)

and

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Last edited:
Life isn't fair always, i also doubt you can talk a forum post into a contract when you pull it to a court.
You are also dont know what would happend if you hadn't withdraw from the contest by yourself and instead added more quality content to the wiki after the rule change.

I can empatize that you are pissed but you know you wont get compensation and all you do is threwing more good time into this issue that adds up with the time you already spend to make those wiki changes. Its your loss, grind your teeth, chew it up and move forward. Doing that will make you stronger

Life isn't fair always, i also doubt you can talk a forum post into a contract when you pull it to a court.
You are also dont know what would happend if you hadn't withdraw from the contest by yourself and instead added more quality content to the wiki after the rule change.

I can empatize that you are pissed but you know you wont get compensation and all you do is threwing more good time into this issue that adds up with the time you already spend to make those wiki changes. Its your loss, grind your teeth, chew it up and move forward. Doing that will make you stronger

She did. . Others keep this thread going. Maybe it should be closed. But that is up to DoA

I got to agree with DoA u dont change rules in the middle of a contest...

Whatever did or did not happen, we are talking about real value.
Making users work for free is a grand sport in many game services.
I feel any official contest such as this needs to be thought through in advance.

The grown-up thing to do is to hand out a prize and say "You win, we noobed out on the contest rules like the scrubs that we are." and do so in public.
Even more grown up would be to hand that prize to two persons if you feel that one of them won but the other stuck to the spirit of the rules rather than the letter. Tell them "We liked the quality content submitted by both these people and so they both win", just don't dismiss their effort.

I've never set foot on the planet and don't know the people involved.

ANECDOTAL EDIT!
Had a wonderful time in an absolutely awful game many moons ago, possibly around the time of Project Entropia beta when we playtested down at Gameonline in Gothenburg after some MA reps stepped in with a game CD.

Priston Tale (yes, a typo game title, that takes some skill)

This game had been poorly translated from Chinese to English by someone who didn't know English at all.
On to the bright idea:
Contest!
Whoever fixed the most text errors would win an awesome set of in-game gear.

I set to work. I'm just an ignorant Swede but I had little competition in that game.
100 screenshots and 100 suggested fixes.
Contest ends.

The nature and context of this story gives that of course I didn't win.

A guy from Brazil won with more than 500 screenshots and text fixes.
He didn't actually know much English but he had read the contest rules and understood those perfectly.
They never were able to use his suggested text fixes and they never implemented mine.

Still a charming game, one area on map was named Woods of Hooters (yep, you got it in one, owl-shaped wooden wind instruments).

Last edited:
I just have one question about this thread!

If it was about a scammer would it have been deleted already?
If it was about the Caly Team, would it have been deleted?
If it was about PVP would it have been locked?

I just have one question about this thread!

If it was about a scammer would it have been deleted already?
If it was about the Caly Team, would it have been deleted?
If it was about PVP would it have been locked?

Actually....Thats 3 questions :laugh::lolup::yup:

Actually....Thats 3 questions :laugh::lolup::yup:

I could add one more:

Why is it when someone makes a mistake creating an auction, everyone defends them, but when someone makes a mistake creating an event, barely anyone defends them?

I could add one more:

Why is it when someone makes a mistake creating an auction, everyone defends them, but when someone makes a mistake creating an event, barely anyone defends them?

When u make a mistake creating an auction it has no real bad impact on other players (MU can be changed but u noticed that all players understand this MU was an error and we come back to the real MU immediatly).

When you organise an event you may win something (% of loots if you own a land, reputation because you advertise, etc...). When you make a mistake organising and event you make other players loose time and money.

And anyway, this is not a problem. No where in real life a rule can be changed in a middle of an event without compensation to the players. It must be the same here. That's all.

DAY 1, imagine
GUYS i organise a great event. You kill mobs on my land (L70 creature, ubber creature). The players who get 50 globals and more will receive 1.000 peds.

DAY 5, finally
I decided to give only 1.000 ped to the 2 best players because too much players were using a faper so it was too easy to kill this ubber creature. In my opinion this was not the spirit of my event. Moonria was allowed by the community to change rule on the middle of the event, so why i can't do the same, so that's it, i decided to change in the way i want.
Btw thanks for all the taxes i won during this event.

A rule can't be changed, that's all.

I could add one more:

U cant compare that...

Status
Back