A bunch of uber items for sale doesn't mean the sky is falling (Again) :)

DRDoom

Elite
Society
Why So Serious
DRDoom

I get a lot of question via forum, Skype and ingame chat regarding the sale of my gear, so I am making this post.

I didn't loose faith in EU , I just lost my appetite in EU.

I'm playing for over 10 years now, I had it really busy with work until one year ago and I haven't had that much time to play.
Now since one year ago I have plenty of time to play but I just don't logon that much, I don't feel the urge to play as I used to have.
I did complete the Merry Mayhem event with a great score due to this gear, but playing nowadays feels for me more like an obligation than I have the feeling that I'm having fun.

We (Nexia and I) used to play a lot as a couple and that was awesome, but she lost interest a number of years ago so we never play together anymore and I really miss that.

So I didn't loose any trust in the game (nor should you because I'm selling high-end gear), just lost interest and I'm only selling gear, not skills.
I would miss the friendships I made in the last 10 years ingame so I will logon for the occasional chat, but it's not worth having +60K US$ tied up ingame for an occasional chat. As I'm not selling my skills for now, I might be active someday who knows :)

And some of the gear I sell with loss but still some of the gear I sell with profit to make up for the losses on other gear. If I would decide play on a regular base again I won't hesitate to buy similar gear.

Regards
DRDoom.

Last edited:
+rep i hope ma will make less gambles and more goals for players. to keep it interesting.

waiting you to come back soon :)

//mg Joda

Most people in here live by drama , news, speculation , conspiration you name it.
Redirect them to me ingame and tell them to send me their offer for imk2 , mod fap or mk2 scopes, they will instantly change their mind.

They always come back ....... :wise:

CU after the "break" ;)

Good luck selling your gear :)

Keep seeing you around - a new CLD dealer in the marked now?

Damn +10 years pass so fast :)

Sad to see you go DRDoom;
I know some people say that you will come back after a break. But you'll notice if you take a longer break, the game just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Sad to see you go DRDoom;
I know some people say that you will come back after a break. But you'll notice if you take a longer break, the game just doesn't feel the same anymore.

It took me 5 years to come back and play with any interest again, so it can happen. Worst thing I did was sell my skills and LAs, Hanger, etc. against others recommendations to keep it all and just take a long break.

I get a lot of question via forum, Skype and ingame chat regarding the sale of my gear, so I am making this post.

I didn't loose faith in EU , I just lost my appetite in EU.

I'm playing for over 10 years now, I had it really busy with work until one year ago and I haven't had that much time to play.
Now since one year ago I have plenty of time to play but I just don't logon that much, I don't feel the urge to play as I used to have.
I did complete the Merry Mayhem event with a great score due to this gear, but playing nowadays feels for me more like an obligation than I have the feeling that I'm having fun.

We (Nexia and I) used to play a lot as a couple and that was awesome, but she lost interest a number of years ago so we never play together anymore and I really miss that.

So I didn't loose any trust in the game (nor should you because I'm selling high-end gear), just lost interest and I'm only selling gear, not skills.
I would miss the friendships I made in the last 10 years ingame so I will logon for the occasional chat, but it's not worth having +60K US$ tied up ingame for an occasional chat. As I'm not selling my skills for now, I might be active someday who knows :)

And some of the gear I sell with loss but still some of the gear I sell with profit to make up for the losses on other gear. If I would decide play on a regular base again I won't hesitate to buy similar gear.

Regards
DRDoom.

very serious?

@DRDOOM: I feel like a Deja-Vu? Cu around and good luck selling ;)

At least you don't have those pesky fantastic four to deal with anymore....

Super bad loot returns with no return is what made me lose all interest, sooner or later the same will happen to others, then the sky will be falling. But its already starting to happen.

More Goals
More Stable Loot Returns
And implementation of features that have been requested by a lot of there players

Getting it all back on track will bring in and keep more players and uber items will disappear off the market quickly like they were 3 years ago.

Resellers couldn't keep items in stock!

Super bad loot returns with no return is what made me lose all interest, sooner or later the same will happen to others, then the sky will be falling. But its already starting to happen.

More Goals
More Stable Loot Returns
And implementation of features that have been requested by a lot of there players

Getting it all back on track will bring in and keep more players and uber items will disappear off the market quickly like they were 3 years ago.

Resellers couldn't keep items in stock!

You just never wrapped your mind around this game, and understood what you need to do. We are all clear about that from your thread about returns. People that are not listening to others, are doomed here. And so you are.

Yes sky is failing, on heads of people that refuse to listen and change :)

Hey Pecka good to see you, and really great to see you are following me so closely. Good to see I have groupies :yay:

Since it seems you like me so much and you reply to most my post I think this would be a good time for us to just start dating. You seem very passionate about my work and I have grown to love our arguments.

Valintines Day is 2 days away, please dont forget about me or the sky really will be falling for me at least.

Love ya bro, btw I never said sky was falling just if they dont get there act together that could very well be what could happen.

Hope to see you soon, yours forever Kull & Pecka :hug:

More Stable Loot Returns
Totally agree with the requested features part!

With more stable returns I might be able to actually help you. If u willing to listen, that is.

See, there has been lots of threads on this forum over the years dealing with the stability of loot.
Why are some ppls returns extremely volatile? I mean, long downswings with huge loss and then Bam! huge HoF, bigger than most of us will ever see?

1. The most popular theory stated that every avatar has a [hidden] variable. The bigger it is the more violent are your loot swings. A roller-coaster ride, of sorts.
2. Then there was some ppl who pointed out the DPP of your main weapon is what's causing this. The higher your DPP, the more stable is your loot. This one is pretty much backed up with actual data too.
3. Third theory says the system is automagically adapting to your play-style. Keep hunting big mobs way over your level and your loot volatility variable will slowly grow over time. In a way the system simply remembers your preferences.

The 3rd theory is not very popular but I believe it's exactly how it works.
At lvl 40-50 I was gambling with troxes, day in day out. I was below their evader requirement, so I got hit almost constantly and my defensive costs were huge. I also used overamped oldschool rifle (1 point of dmg lost per hit), that was terribly uneco at my skill levels. As a result I got huge losses, violent loot swings, a few good loots but never big enough to make up for the losses.

Experienced players advised me to downgrade my gear and do smaller mobs for a while but... I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. The outlook of hunting snables at my semi-uber (it wasn't funny to me back then! lol) skill levels seemed so utterly pitiful! No, I couldn't possibly lower myself to that. So I decided to push forward, the system must pay me back or otherwise I'll just quit!

I ended up with a 2 year break.

When I came back I went from troxes to agro, armax and longu. My depos lasted a little longer now but the loot swings were still pretty violent. Eventually I went through a low loot period that lasted for weeks. So this time I decided to take that old advice. I went over to Rock where I hadn't done any missions yet and finished the 10k daikiba mission chain in one go. For a long time my tracker page showed: the favourite mob: Daikiba.
I never want to see any daikiba, cuz I really had enough! :D

The result, however, was interesting. After that my loot became extremely stable. It is possible that my choice of weapons has something to do it as well (my average DPP has increased significantly), but I still believe that the main factor was a drastic change in hunting style that lasted not just for a few days but for several months.

My point is, u might be trying to break in through an open door with your request there.
I believe this feature is already implemented. :yup:

Fifth I think your exactly right and all of that makes clear sense to me and I think it would help many people to read and really exam what you just posted.

It is in fact one of the most in-tuned and very correct post that ive seen in my opinion, I totally feel that those theroys are very close to how the game works if not your dead on.

Sorry ot hijack the title but what Fifth said is a masterpiece, very clear and understandable and gives a soild explanation to how things work if you dont pay close attention to eco and defense cost. I am definitely guilty of this because I used to use a CB19 Tier 5 with Dmg Enhancers rocking Liakon on feffox young - omg im crazy :eyecrazy: and defense cost were astronomical.

Dont think the game adjust to your play style and gives returns according but it might and I just didnt pick up one it.

+rep Fifth and +rep Doom for making your break clear so people dont speculate and panic! But dont go to far away to many friends in EU to stop visiting.

Back