Landarea question

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Do mobs that are lured from areas outside the landarea and killed in the landarea count towards daily payout?

Are they counted in a hsl or most loot events?

I ask this because on the border of my landarea there is a spawn of sumima and snarg.
I don't want to organise events where people can cheat easily by not hunting the native landarea mob, but other mobs they drag towards the landarea, unless they also payout and are counted in events. If they do payout, then I can simply say, mobtrains allowed and there is a level playing field again.

Thx for Answering.

Last edited:
I dont know if they count for the daily payout. I do however know that they dont count for events, at least they did not when I hit a nice one during a event on arkadia that apparently spawned outisde.

I believe they always count towards the LA where they spawn! :)

I believe they always count towards the LA where they spawn! :)

IIRC they had a VU that made this change. Before it used to be the place where the mob died so people would pull a bunch of mobs outside the LA and kill it, MA caught on, and changed it to tie to where the mob spawns.

Congrats on the LA and please do the sumo of the deed...

Mobs that spawn outside the LA don't give event points.

However if you have natural (i.e. not from your own DNA) spawns inside the LA, they may or may not count. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. For example the Osseos on the BIG Rextelum LA are a natural spawn but still award event points, but on OLA2 the naturally spawning Atrox and Allophyls do not (it's especially confusing and stupid in this case because the DNA on that land is also Atrox).

Typically, MA made a change to the way the system works in response to a ridiculous flame-war/witch-hunt here that followed an event which was won with a dragged Hogglo, without bothering to consult event promoters or landowners, and paid no attention to the detail.

What they should have done was to add another option that the promoter could set during event creation.

However if you have natural (i.e. not from your own DNA) spawns inside the LA, they may or may not count. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. For example the Osseos on the BIG Rextelum LA are a natural spawn but still award event points, but on OLA2 the naturally spawning Atrox and Allophyls do not (it's especially confusing and stupid in this case because the DNA on that land is also Atrox).

Typically, MA made a change to the way the system works in response to a ridiculous flame-war/witch-hunt here that followed an event which was won with a dragged Hogglo, without bothering to consult event promoters or landowners, and paid no attention to the detail.

What they should have done was to add another option that the promoter could set during event creation.

I will do some research

My guess is that the reason why some counts and some not, is that the cluster/spawn control is positioned
in a LA when it counts, and positioned outside when not counted.
Both alternative can have mobs in and outside a LA, only way to see where they are positioned is to work at MA. :silly2:

How tax, eventpoints and so on works, are most definitly a custom made control, so hard to know for
sure about those. Spawnsystem is most probably basic CE2 (many other game engines use similar system)
with minor changes.

Back