Warning to item buyers - The Eco Safeguard

I did several tests and found a eco cap set at 3.199 a long time ago
Anything that will enhance any weapon not made by Caly, will not allow that weapon be equipped.
Weapons like yours ( specially melee) that can reach that Max eco unenhanced would allow you to maintain TT profits and that goes into MAs pocket.

and why wasn't that shared? seems more hindsight to me.

and why wasn't that shared? seems more hindsight to me.

I have several other intensive testings done, witch I use to my own advantage.
If you give away the golden eggs for free, your the only one losing because you feed the chicken.
I gamble for a living, I use every edge I can get

I have several other intensive testings done, witch I use to my own advantage.
If you give away the golden eggs for free, your the only one losing because you feed the chicken.
I gamble for a living, I use every edge I can get

that in no way gives you an advantage. It's a cap that others can get screwed on.

that in no way gives you an advantage. It's a cap that others can get screwed on.

I never said that the cap gives me an advantage obviously a cap is a limitation. I said that the results of my testing are kept for myself because I use those results to my advantage.
By yhe way, my eco gun was created by Caly and can use all Enhancements without caps

No hijack intention, so please carry on.

Last edited:
I never said that the cap gives me an advantage obviously a cap is a limitation. I said that the results of my testing are kept for myself because I use those results to my advantage.
By yhe way, my eco gun was created by Caly and can use all Enhancements without caps

I had only asked why the limitation was not shared. Don't care about the test results. In reality, this should have been more transparent by Mindark.

For the past 3-4 years i had always believed that dpp was no longer relevant since MA made so many changes to the loot and core systems. Ever since I purchased foeripper at lvl 50 hit/dam; the idea that "eco matters" is total BS to prop up the values of a few items to unsubstantiated proportions has only been reinforced.

I've had great returns the entire time I've used the foeripper. As good or better in some cases, as the maxed Herman ASI I used religiously for over a year. The skills gained with foeripper vs the Herman ASI are overall greater tho, the natural skillbuffs were much better with the Herman ASI. Just blew my mind how fast I got to 75 with the foeripper, (despite barely choking down skill pills from boxes) when i was being told left and right that it would take ages. I feel that I'd have kill strike already if my RL job didn't interfere with my EU time so much the past year.

While we speak about "eco" to me the term does not reference damage per pec, but rather the ability to acquire resources for minimal markup and then to sell said resources for the most possible gain in markup. I believe MA utilize the term in a similar manner as I do. Its astounding in my mind how many players nitpick every little thing down to a decimal of a pec and still do so poorly, then again someone needs to lose so I can skill for next to nothing and MA can keep throwing the week end parties.

I'd also like to add while I'm spewing my guts all over this thread, that it seems to matter to those silent MA sentinels that watch over the forum, when people are positive like fifth and 5$ or nuthin but little bitchy shits like a few that come to mind but can't mention cuz of some odd forum rules. Play nice and u don't get shit on by MA as much. Negative things said on the internet can come back and fuck you.

My 2 pecs, not that people heed my advice anyways.:laugh:

While we speak about "eco" to me the term does not reference damage per pec, but rather the ability to acquire resources for minimal markup and then to sell said resources for the most possible gain in markup. I believe MA utilize the term in a similar manner as I do. Its astounding in my mind how many players nitpick every little thing down to a decimal of a pec and still do so poorly, then again someone needs to lose so I can skill for next to nothing and MA can keep throwing the week end parties.

It is a term called min/maxing or being a min/maxer.. it is a compulsion that some gamers have.. like myself.

I also found out about the "eco ceiling" the hard way a couple weeks ago.

I tough about starting a thread yesterday about this, since I didn't receive my reply yet. But was advised not to do so by a friend, So I will keep my comments to a minimum.
I have owned the improved manta for over 1 year now and still didn't get my reply ( so you have at least 6 months faster response than me)

I am not allowed to use eco enhancers but at least I can use the improved VI amp.
Mine is currently tier 4.9 and it is very hard to justify paying 5000 ped to tier if I cant even use eco enhancers.

I did notice that the "speed ceiling" was repaired very quickly for the Mod merc owners, and would like to think I was getting the same kind of assistance.

LT, since you showed me I never need to pay armor decay again... I will show you how I can get 3.5 eco from my knife even tho I dont even max it yet.

No amp is more eco then Imk2! there's no BUT. in fact you can reach more eco in imk2 adding damage enhancers then attach any laser amp.
Hello, where do u have a link where i can see it increases eco, or how to calc it. On imk2

Actually wanted to refer to this sentence "This leads me to believe that dpp is not as meaningful as we really thought." According to me, the fact that MA makes some amps not go on some items should mean dpp is even more important as we thought...

This. :wise:

Hello, where do u have a link where i can see it increases eco, or how to calc it. On imk2

Imk2 is more (old school) eco than any amplifier out there. it has an (oldschool) eco of 4.720, so attaching any amp will lower it's eco. The best amp is 4.648 (oldschool) eco.

`why use oldschool eco´ Spawn? Because amps are shown in oldschool eco.. so turn effective damage off so you can compare the amp with the gun.

Last edited:
Imk2 is more (old school) eco than any amplifier out there. it has an (oldschool) eco of 4.720, so attaching any amp will lower it's eco. The best amp is 4.648 (oldschool) eco.

`why use oldschool eco´ Spawn? Because amps are shown in oldschool eco.. so turn effective damage off so you can compare the amp with the gun.

Do you have the formula for old school eco? I'm tired and it's late. Don't want to dig for it.

Nvm. Got it.

Imp mako fal is ~4.6

Last edited:
only solution is to make the "base game weapons" more eco... increasing the eco of the avrage weapons to imk2/mm and so on...

new era new eco :cool:

Let the flame war begin! :dunce:

Agree with the 1st paragraph. No need to revert to oldschool eco thou. We prefer to look at the effective eco nowadays because this shows us what's actually happening. Reality vs imaginary world. Amps happen to have (almost) the same eco in both systems and it's not because it's "given" that way, it actually is that way... I suppose?

Edit: It would be the 1st time Spawn is wrong about anything, so I should prolly consider the possibility we indeed are still using the oldchool formula for amps in Entropedia? It would be really strange if it's true but it's not impossible.
I have no access to the formulas used in Entropedia for calculating the amp eco. When I try to figure it out using the indirect method (by simply comparing the values given for amps and guns) it seems the amps indeed have suspiciously high eco... which would indicate the old formula might be still used there today?

OK, suppose it's true. Suppose we have all the data for amps in the old system and for guns in the new effective eco system. Reverting back to the old formula for both doesn't give us a realistic comparison because amps behave differently (static damage vs damage interval). This means we can't really compare them at all. Not until we have the new formula applied to the amps.

Last edited:
Just want to bump this and mention that what I have stated in the op is still true. Amp and eco enhancers cannot be applied to the sword.

It appears the eco cap is 3.2 except for grandfathered weapons (imk2 variants).

only solution is to make the "base game weapons" more eco... increasing the eco of the avrage weapons to imk2/mm and so on...

new era new eco :cool:

Let the flame war begin! :dunce:

No they did this with buffs, not with base weapon eco.

It's a shame when a lot of real money is involved that information isn't clearer about in game Caps and some items don't work together because of these HIDDEN safe guards.

They should be in the TOU or the VU in plain sight.

In an open ended game with no max level on skills its sad they put in these Caps. It's not like a large portion of the player base is running around profiting lol.

All items should be allowed to use eco enhancers and amps. If the Dpp is 3.3 so be it if it gets too 3.7 great. However how many will get there? Handful at best and that hurts who? Not MA. Not game breaking and it's silly to Safeguard something in a hidden way where people lose more money just seems shady when a Business doesn't need to do things in a hidden manner.

Any ways hope this gets addressed and we have a real discussion with MA about DPP caps and safeguards. Think its bad for the game to have it in place.

So here is a bump.

Edit: It would be the 1st time Spawn is wrong about anything, so I should prolly consider the possibility we indeed are still using the oldchool formula for amps in Entropedia? It would be really strange if it's true but it's not impossible.

He is not wrong, but is not about the formula. If you look at the details of a gun like here for justifier mkI, you see at dmg/pec its effective dpp. If you look at the details of the amp you see it as dmg/decay (e.g. 4+) which is wrong. The actual numbers in the formula (that is, when you use the table and "apply amp") are correct.

On topic, ok, I get it with these fancy items. But why can't I amp my mighty NIP? :laugh:

what about eco safeguard 2.0? is it secured by blockchain? :scratch2:

:laugh:

you can talk about eco and dpp as much as you want

if received loot is actually based upon your hunting costs
(for instance: average of weapon + amp decay + ammo + armor * 90%),

it may not be a good idea to be as eco as you can get...

if received loot is actually based upon your hunting costs
(for instance: average of weapon + amp decay + ammo + armor * 90%),

it may not be a good idea to be as eco as you can get...
The way it's presented in the MA's Loot 2.0 announcement one would assume there will be a major revolution. As in, the whole system replaced with something completely different.
It sure gives that impression but I would be careful with MA's announcements... ;)

Given the MA's extreme reluctance to touch the code for the Loot system so far, I have my doubts. The loot has been changed numerous times in the past but it was always done by changing the parameters already in place within the code that controls loot, never by actually replacing the code as a whole.

This time they call it Loot 2.0, which seems to indicate this time the change is different, something bigger and more fundamental. Then again, whoever has some experience with "MA language" knows it usually doesn't pay to take every word for it's face value. It's much more likely the text was whipped up by a marketing guy using the technical info from the developer team guys which he prolly didn't even understand completely...

So, we don't know if it's really Loot 2.0 this time, a brand new system or just another re-balancing act within the same old system. Push a few sliders to a different position, done.

Somehow, I have a feeling it's the latter. If so, dpp won't go anywhere, it's just that other factors besides dpp might become (relatively) more important.
Just another opinion ofc, I might very well be wrong. Wouldn't mind to be wrong actually... :)

I also found out about the "eco ceiling" the hard way a couple weeks ago.

I tough about starting a thread yesterday about this, since I didn't receive my reply yet. But was advised not to do so by a friend, So I will keep my comments to a minimum.
I have owned the improved manta for over 1 year now and still didn't get my reply ( so you have at least 6 months faster response than me)

I am not allowed to use eco enhancers but at least I can use the improved VI amp.

Was just re-reading and this bit had escaped me before. Hmmmmm...

I havent tried eco enhancers or an 8 amp but i will try later on to see if the safeguard is lifted. But i doubt it.

But you say imk2 is uneffected with "eco safeguard".

So a imk2 + buffs is still better than a eco locked weapon :)

Imk2 is affected by the safeguard. Cant equip the rdi alpha amp unless you put a sight scope on it. But i not surr after 2.0

I can confirm that my sword is still affected by the ECO safeguard.

I am unable to use economy enhancers when my X amp is not equipped. I cannot use a 2nd eco enhancer when equipped.

I will test the modified 8 amp later.

Eco enhancers do not modify the ECO rating in any way.

I can confirm that my sword is still affected by the ECO safeguard.

I am unable to use economy enhancers when my X amp is not equipped. I cannot use a 2nd eco enhancer when equipped.

I will test the modified 8 amp later.
I wasn't aware it was even worth using eco enhancers on weapons o_O let alone that you wouldn't be able to on certain weapons if you wanted to.

I wasn't aware it was even worth using eco enhancers on weapons o_O let alone that you wouldn't be able to on certain weapons if you wanted to.

It was a test since I couldn't add them.. but i doubt i will be able to with the mod 8.

Not just important, it makes 'Eco' THE most important thing in PE!

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: MA have already said, Eco matters, some people just think its a myth for some bizarre reason. At least this gives credence to their statement!

Have you seen the 90%+ efficiency on these two weapons that can be bought with M tokens?

A&P Series Mayhem LP-40 Perfected
A&P Series Mayhem BP-70 Perfected

Back