Entropedia Server Upgrade

Site Admin
Admin
I have upgraded the hardware resources available to the Entropedia virtual server, which should help address the recent recurring performance issues.

I also performed maintenance on the Entropedia database, repairing and optimizing several tables which had become corrupted or inefficient.

The site now seems to be running a lot more smoothly than in recent days, with much faster page loading times.

Please report any Entropedia performance issues you may experience in this thread, providing as much info as possible (which page or tool you were using, date/time, etc.).

Thanks alot!

Nice to see the admins keeping things running smoothly :)

Thanks

All This recent issues bring me some questions about entropedia:

Shouldn't a "Tool" like entropedia be owned and administrated directly by Mindark with cooperation with all PP?
I can understand that when the game was just a project this couldn't be all made by Mindark, but game now already evolved for something else. Mindark and PP just have to win with the control of a tool like this.

Shouldn't Entropedia have a dedicated server for it? Shouldn't it be Unified instead of one wiki for each planet?

I hope soon progress in this matter!

Entropedia is fantastic now. Thanks!

Reporting the "map problem". In a creature page, whenever we click the map to see closely where to find them, we get a "Oops... something went wrong" page.

Entropedia is fantastic now. Thanks!

Reporting the "map problem". In a creature page, whenever we click the map to see closely where to find them, we get a "Oops... something went wrong" page.

The Locations/Maps section of Entropedia has been broken for well over 2yrs, since Google changed the specifications for the Google Maps API that powered it.
Witte was aware of the upcoming change but had no time to reconfigure Entropedia himself.
It was one of the first features that I was hoping that Siniko would fix when he undertook to maintain the site around 2yrs ago.

Since 711 made the database available, I've tried to contact Siniko and asked if he would now be willing to share the Entropedia code, but have had no response from him.

Thank you so much for that 711. :yay:
Feels awkward not having time to think between page loads.

What a difference! wow thx 711

Holy crap, well done :D

Now the wikia is usable again! :D

really really thanks !
entropedia is so essential
run smooth now

and this :
Shouldn't a "Tool" like entropedia be owned and administrated directly by Mindark with cooperation with all PP?

@ 711

Thanks for the great job, it runs smooth and fast now :yay:

Cheers

All This recent issues bring me some questions about entropedia:

I can understand that when the game was just a project this couldn't be all made by Mindark, but game now already evolved for something else. Mindark and PP just have to win with the control of a tool like this.

Shouldn't Entropedia have a dedicated server for it? Shouldn't it be Unified instead of one wiki for each planet?

I hope soon progress in this matter!

Entropedia is a fan built site. It very rare that you see the game makers for any game publish and maintain these kind of sites.

There are some glitches in the armor advisor as I was just trying it out with the uber speed :S

If anyone responsible could try to take a look would be great

Bumping this thread.
I realize that this thread is a few months old, but entropedia is once again quite unreliable, connection-wise.

At this moment, I can't even access the site. Happens from time to time it seems.

And also, the information about the loot tables of some if the mobs aswell as coordinates is really outdated.
Maybe there are some volunteers here to help moderate the information? :)

Bumping this thread.
I realize that this thread is a few months old, but entropedia is once again quite unreliable, connection-wise.

At this moment, I can't even access the site. Happens from time to time it seems.

And also, the information about the loot tables of some if the mobs aswell as coordinates is really outdated.
Maybe there are some volunteers here to help moderate the information? :)

The location tables in Entropedia for mobs/coordinates have been broken since Google changed the map api that underlies that section of the site.
It's not possible for that data to be updated by users until that section of the site is fixed.

Last edited:
Very Nice 711 and the Entropedia team. It would be great if MA were as efficient in resolving issues in the game itself

Hi,

Will Entropedia get fixed? Appears to be down now.
Anyone know of a similar site we can use to compare weapons etc?

Back