Question: Is this the correct Planet for a noob?

ElterAgo

Don't have a lot of experience with online rpg's but thought I'd give entropia online a try.

The descriptions I can find online are not giving me a whole lot of information. Is this a good/best planet to start on for a relative noob?

I think everyone will have different opinions, but Calypso has the most mature economy and the largest number of players. That means that you will have an easier time selling looted items and buying the equipment you need. Although Arkadia is pretty popular, too.

This is something I wrote in another thread. Ignore the stuff about Support and starting over.

Wall of text coming.

Also some mixed metaphors.

Did you already purchase the starter kit? If not, just submit a support case asking support to delete your account because you want to make a new one and start over. Then pick a planet, and make a new account.

IMO, Calypso is the best planet for new players. It has a long starting mission chain designed to feed you enough ammo and loot (if you pay attention) to keep you going without having to deposit until you finish the Camp Phoenix missions and you're about level 10ish in some combat skill, probably laser rifle. It introduces new players to things like instances, beacons, iron missions, wave events, and EU's own particular take on PvP. Caly is the largest planet, with the most people and the largest economy. That makes it easier to buy and sell things. Not easy, just easier.

Ark is the second most populated planet, and I think the second largest. It has the second largest economy, which means it isn't impossible for a newbie to sell things there. Ark has a very dedicated player-base, and newb-friendly mobs. For a new player, the one thing that really characterizes Ark is a very linear mission experience. EU is basically a sandbox game with missions...it is pretty open as far as goals. Players tend to make their own. But if a player is someone who always likes knowing what to do next, Ark missions funnel you from new player, to beginner player, to experienced player, to fairly advanced player in their main mission chain. That isn't to say that you have to stay on that path all the time. There is plenty to do on Ark. But if you enjoy achieving goals that are set by the game, maybe Ark is the best planet for you. Note, that main mission chain is gated. You need an Ark passport to do it. Players born on Ark get the passport free. Players born elsewhere have to pay 10K sweat to get it.

Rocktropia is the second planet started. It stumbled pretty badly out of the gate, but has retrenched and come back strong in the last couple of years. The RT starter missions are pretty pedestrian, and for a long time they were broken. But that didn't matter, because the real starter mission chain was Hunt the Thing, widely held to be one of the best and funnest mission chains in the game...possibly the best and funnest. Rock doesn't have that many people, so it can be hard to sell loot there. Having said that, there is a lot there for the new player...haters to sweat, vixens to grind, and zombies to kill. You can also hunt papoo on Secret Island, just make sure you have a banana to get back. The main thing to note about starting on RT, is that you don't. Neverdie made a deal that players that start on RT go to Thule, and then to Caly, which I think was pretty damned decent of him. So starting on Rocktropia is exactly the same as starting on Calypso, with two exceptions. One, your avatar gets a cool looking tee-shirt, which looks better than the OJs. And two, you get a one-time, one-way teleport to Rock from Caly. Do NOT talk to the npc unless you are ready to go right then.

Cyrene is struggling with development. Technically, it is still in open beta. Kris works hard, but it is still pretty buggy in places. But there are players that love it, and some great people who hang out there. There is quite a lot on Cyrene for new players, but it is all very poorly documented. You can find it if you look, and ask around in chat, and the planet is certainly worth a new player (or any player) spending some time on, but it is probably best to actually start somewhere else, where it is easier to learn the game.

Toulan is also new, still in beta. I don't know if you can start there. I know some people have, but that might be closed now, or only open to certain regions. Regardless, there are fewer bugs than Cyrene, but also even less people. It has a really good and fun starter mission chain, and good mission mobs for beginners, but the economy is just too small right now for starting players to do well on Toulan, even if they can start there.

Next Island...is peaceful. Again, I don't know if you actually can start there now. I don't think so. If you can, don't. It's a nice place to visit, but not to start.

Monria, starting on Monria was disabled while things were in flux with the sale. When you could start on Monria, I believe that you began at the Calypso tutorial, but instead of going to Thule to start the Caly mission chains, you went to Monria and did their starter missions. The starter missions on Monria are okay, but other places offer more.

IMO, start on Rock. Do the Caly missions, learn the game, and when you want to go to Rock, talk to the guy in the Sky Lounge in Port Atlantis.

If you have already bought the starter kit, it might be worth asking support if they could transfer it to a new avatar. Maybe they won't, and I don't know how long it would take to get an answer. Otherwise, just bite the bullet, keep the avatar you have now, pick a planet to start on, and get there. If it's Caly, start with the missions at Camp Icarus (but go to Thule and at least get the Valk). If it's Ark, start at the new arrivals TP if you have 10k of sweat (you can sweat it yourself or buy it). If it's Rock, start at the Hyperplex and Newbs Newbs Newbs (and Hunt the Thing). If it's Cyrene, start at the rookie training area. If it's Toulan, you'll know where to start. If it's Monria, start at the Hub. Don't start on Next Island.

tl;dr get to Caly and start the mission chain around Camp Icarus...if you bought a starter pack you shouldn't have a problem, as long as you don't just go wild...gl.

Holy crap. Couldn't have just posted a link?

yes.

(too short)

calpypso by far best planet everything else is beta stage.

youre clearly a RT fan, but almost everything you wrote about Cyrene is complete BS

I think its quite accurate actually. Empty vendors, bad textures, broken missions. And Kris Who says " we are working with Mindark to" yayadayada..
Hard launch?
10 event?
Etc. Etc.

Calypso has done a lot to help new players progress, much more noob friendly than when a lot of us started. There are the new player quests around icarus, also try to do "gauntlet" every day to get daily tokens. You can do gauntlet daily until a profession rank hits level 10 (iirc), and can exchange tokens you have saved for guns at the daily token traders at Cape Corinth and twin peaks. Also first time you complete Gauntlet you get the S10 healing kit, which is quite a fine healing tool for lower mobs.

The Shinkiba iron mission is do-able after you have maxed out tt weapons, but maybe just go for youngs at first :).

Other planets offer different advantages for a new player, but imo calypso is as good in that there are more missions aimed at new players at the beginning. Arkadia has carabok which skill well, RT has vixens which drop android gears with good mu, Cyrene has a complex mission chain system and some low mark up mobs but i think would be difficult on cyrene at moment due to lower auction/trade opportunities.

I have known new players make it on most planets though, so it is possible.

Hope this helps and good luck out there.

Dibbler :)

I think its quite accurate actually. Empty vendors, bad textures, broken missions. And Kris Who says " we are working with Mindark to" yayadayada..
Hard launch?
10 event?
Etc. Etc.

was reffering to "buggy places" and "everything is poorly documented" which is not true at all.

Ofc we all got our own opinion, some just like shooting hookers on RT etc....

I would recommend Calypso as a start with Arkadia followed as a close second. Its a much less painful start on Calypso i think, selling loot is easy, you got daily missions for a extra bit of gear every now and then and beginner missions are pretty plentiful.

Good luck!
Jonas

You clearly have no understanding of the proper use of "beta" as it comes to development.

Look at my sig for How To Survive currently doubled my bankroll, I do not know of any other planet where I can achieve this kind of progression except for Caly. I had similar success on Rocktropia but that was mining and that has since been nerfed now, but Caly is definitely the place to be for more opportunities to capitalise upon.

What a cogent argument you present.

well maybe you shouldnt be misleading people in the first place.

I hunt on Cyrene quite a lot, and I dont see any bugs you speak about.
You also talk about information about the planet being hard to find which is just something you made up.
If you go to Cyrenesecrets.com, you can find all the info needed there, worked for me and many others, guess youre an exception.

You also talk about information about the planet being hard to find which is just something you made up.
If you go to Cyrenesecrets.com, you can find all the info needed there, worked for me and many others, guess youre an exception.

He wasn't misleading anyone. As you are an old player here, yes you can work around the bugs on that planet but for new players this is a big issue and why he said it wasn't a good idea for them to start there as of yet.

Toulan has like 75% of its mob are 100 hp or less, its a great place for noobs. many missions that they can actually do and stuff. Best to start elsewhere then go right to toulan to get a feeling of how the game is in a year or two when you do big mission chains and stuff, but at a noobie level.

Anyone who spends "quite a lot" of time on Cyrene knows that it's buggy...epic jellyworms, tide claw hitboxes, misplaced waypoints...the mission npc for Gear Up sends players to the TT to buy a scorpion. If it wasn't for all the work TunerS put in we'd all be lost, not just the new players. As it is, players who have been in the game for less than a day wander around Rookie Staging asking in local chat what they're supposed to do next. I like Cyrene and most of the people there, but it's buggy, poorly documented, and for new players not the best place to start.

Anyone who spends "quite a lot" of time on Cyrene knows that it's buggy...epic jellyworms, tide claw hitboxes, misplaced waypoints...the mission npc for Gear Up sends players to the TT to buy a scorpion. .

you clearly havent spent "quite a lot" of time there, im half way done with 5k tide mission, what hit boxes problem are you talking about?

ive killed a few epic jellyworms as well, didnt notice any problems

are you speaking from your own experiance?

Epic jellyworms are very fast and do 600-1200 damage. So yea, I am sure you have not hunted them.

im half way done with 5k tide mission, what hit boxes problem are you talking about?

He is taking about the annoying bug where 1in 4-5 tide claws force you to scroll into first person view to be able to actually fire at them by forcing your aiming reticle down so the weapon will shoot. Otherwise, it keeps aiming above them and won't actually fire.

you clearly havent spent "quite a lot" of time there, im half way done with 5k tide mission, what hit boxes problem are you talking about?

ive killed a few epic jellyworms as well, didnt notice any problems

are you speaking from your own experiance?

Yes, yes I am.

I'm speaking from my experience finishing the 5K tide claw mission, and from the epic jellyworm from the Duke Wave being unreachable 90% of the time...literally 9 minutes out of every ten, unreachable, so we would try flying through him in vehicles to try to get him to aggro.

I'm talking about the dire weeds on Atlas (fixed) and the mission counters (not fixed) and Scary Hackfin (fixed) and underwater kiting (not fixed) and summoning totems summoning mobs where the turret kills them (hmm...don't know if fixed or not).

Cyrene is buggy.

That's part of it's charm. But not for new players.

Have been at Cyrene and it didn´t took me more than 20min to find the first bugs.

Missions there is pain, missleading waypoints and such things.

Had to use playercreated info sites and ask other players to get back to my mission brokers, and arriving there it isn´t highlightend to see it is the one where I finished the mission. Info given by mission brokers is really bad!

A lot more glitches all around cyrene, really can´t recomend that planet for new players.
For high end players the golems are a challange, I like that bastards :)
Cyrene got its pros, but mainly for more experienced players.

Calypso is very good starting place, and Arkadia not that bad.

Rock is a nice planet, but not very noobfriendly from my point of view. Good thing there is the vixens, new players can get good loots out of them. Lack of traders that could make it hard to sell loots.

Haven´t been at Toulan or NI yet, so can´t say.

Best planet for me is still Calypso.

Yes, yes I am.

I'm speaking from my experience finishing the 5K tide claw mission, and from the epic jellyworm from the Duke Wave being unreachable 90% of the time...literally 9 minutes out of every ten, unreachable, so we would try flying through him in vehicles to try to get him to aggro.

I'm talking about the dire weeds on Atlas (fixed) and the mission counters (not fixed) and Scary Hackfin (fixed) and underwater kiting (not fixed) and summoning totems summoning mobs where the turret kills them (hmm...don't know if fixed or not).

Cyrene is buggy.

That's part of it's charm. But not for new players.

you must be playing multiple accounts then, as your tracker shovs 4k recorded globals, yet you claim you have killed almost 7k tide claws.

Have finished the wave twice last week, and the jellyworm didnt get unreachable, not even once.
Maybe you shouldnt be shooting it from outside the wave area.

Arguing isn't right in such thread ppl :ahh:
OP asked us for some suggestions

So, as many already mentioned, Calypso made huge effort to help new players.
Also if you choose ROCKtropia you are going to start (planetside) on Calypso aswell and after that, when you feel ready you can go to it or to any planet you decide.

But I'n not 100% certain that all people will like "just a planet".
Because,
  • Arkadia also have a great new player experience intro missions.
  • Cyrene is nice planet also, as far I'm concern, bugs are past tho.
  • Toulan also have great mobs to hunt as newbie.
The only planet I can tell you "don't go" for starting planet is Next Island (I love that planet but it is abandoned by the Planet Partner. Whised to be active to suggesting it).

My opinion go Caly or RT, but it's your call.

PS. Whatever planet you choose you always can travel later on other planets and do the starting missions. Personally I did to everyone, except Toulan so far. Even if I'm not new anymore, one day I will do Toulan aswell :)

Last edited:
Arguing isn't right in such thread ppl :ahh:
OP asked us for some suggestions

So, as many already mentioned, Calypso made huge effort to help new players.
Also if you choose ROCKtropia you are going to start (planetside) on Calypso aswell and after that, when you feel ready you can go to it or to any planet you decide.

But I'n not 100% certain that all people will like "just a planet".
Because,
  • Arkadia also have a great new player experience intro missions.
  • Cyrene is nice planet also, as far I'm concern, bugs are past tho.
  • Toulan also have great mobs to hunt as newbie.
The only planet I can tell you "don't go" for starting planet is Next Island (I love that planet but it is abandoned by the Planet Partner. Whised to be active to suggesting it).

My opinion go Caly or RT, but it's your call.

PS. Whatever planet you choose you always can travel later on other planets and do the starting missions. Personally I did to everyone, except Toulan so far. Even if I'm not new anymore, one day I will do Toulan aswell :)

Agreed with Billy and better read this 100 times :yup:

This.

The other planets are far, far smaller and without any PEDs to travel between planets you will feel extremely underwhelmed by the game.

If you aren't investing any money right away, start on Calypso. There is no question about it.

Back