Laptop for playing

Did you go for the ux303 aio? I can't decide if I should go all in for Asus ROG G752VY or go for a portable in the ux303 class...

Probably going to buy it today, but on business all week so not sure when I'll get my hands on it... For me, the game was completely playable (low gfx) on an i3 w/ internal graphics (hd4000), so this should be more than enough :)

I actually think I have to go for a big and bulky one to avoid heat. Seems like Asus ROG is the way to go even if it won't fit in my backpack :X

There is minimal sound from the fan in the ROG. However, asus does come with driver issues and problems now and then ( mostly windows related) and those can be a bitch when they happen.

I use the Asus ROG for my travel and have had no issues with EU running on it. It is heavy though :)

I use the Asus ROG for my travel and have had no issues with EU running on it. It is heavy though :)

My main concern isn't the weight actually but the size. I have no chance getting that into my hand luggage (laptop bag) so I have to send it as checked in luggage with the crappy handling.. Wonder how long it will survive this :D

Probably going to buy it today, but on business all week so not sure when I'll get my hands on it... For me, the game was completely playable (low gfx) on an i3 w/ internal graphics (hd4000), so this should be more than enough :)

I tried it today on i7 cpu with Intel hd4600 (it did have a ATI card inside to but couldn't enable it) and managed 16FPS with blinks of 20max and as low as 8 when doing pyromancer with glowing balls.. It was not possible to play on it so I can't see how you think it's playable on i3 with 4k.. Ran at 1600x900 windowed btw so it was not high res either. Tried in 1920x1080 but couldn't move around decently then.

I hope you get to test that ux303 before I place my order but I feel like I have to do it soon if I want to play :/

Ended up with a Asus ROG G752 specked with i7 6820 cpu, 980m 8gb and 16gb ram. Works good but it's hotter than I expected (a bit disappointing there..). The fans don't run hard when playing 1920x1080 with everything on high and it holds steady 75fps in caly depths. With the tv on moderate volume I didn't really hear the fans anymore. When I tped back to east scylla it dropped to around 50 for some reason but I didn't test it much outside. Max temperature after 3-4 hours of playing at high settings was 39 degrees at the back right under the fan vents but most of the computer was 28-30 on the other spots and it doesn't feel hot at all. Room temp was about 25 degrees during test and I played with it on my lap. Feels a bit hot on my knees due to fan vents blowing straight over them but most of the temperature was coming from right below the air vents like I mentioned above.

Gsync works good as long as I'm in fullscreen but else it's no limit :)

Finally got my act together and bought the Zenbook UX303LB... 3 week business trip with only the hotel TV for entertainment was the final straw!

Just installing Windows 10 & Entropia; then I'll be able to give a test run. The laptop itself is gorgeous though, all metal, light as a feather, and really thin. It definitely won't be a powerhouse, but dedicated gfx (940m) and i7 cpu (5500u) will be enough for me considering I was "ok" on an i3 & hd4000 internal gfx!

Give you an update when I'm all installed - btw; I got the laptop for £640 so ridiculous value.

I sooooo regret getting mine for traveling.. Since it's so big I have to put it in a backpack that survive airport luggage handling. I'm using a Pelicase im2970 now that weight 10kg itself and the laptop is around 5 so I pretty much have to travel really light with other things :p

Considering selling it again actually even if to amazing to play on. It's actually better than my desktop with 680gpu :)

I sooooo regret getting mine for traveling.. Since it's so big I have to put it in a backpack that survive airport luggage handling. I'm using a Pelicase im2970 now that weight 10kg itself and the laptop is around 5 so I pretty much have to travel really light with other things :p

Considering selling it again actually even if to amazing to play on. It's actually better than my desktop with 680gpu :)

I have an ASUS ROG laptop, G75, 17", and I think it's a bit bulkier than the new models. (Have had this one for about 5 years). I find that mind fits perfectly into a wheeled carry-on bag, which can be put into the overhead bin. (I am also able to bring another "personal bag" to put under the seat. Might I suggest you try one, instead of worrying about sending it in the baggage hold?

Finally got my act together and bought the Zenbook UX303LB... 3 week business trip with only the hotel TV for entertainment was the final straw!

Just installing Windows 10 & Entropia; then I'll be able to give a test run. The laptop itself is gorgeous though, all metal, light as a feather, and really thin. It definitely won't be a powerhouse, but dedicated gfx (940m) and i7 cpu (5500u) will be enough for me considering I was "ok" on an i3 & hd4000 internal gfx!

Give you an update when I'm all installed - btw; I got the laptop for £640 so ridiculous value.

So, a report:

1920x1080 havent tested cos high graphics felt laggy

1366x768 on medium = lush, no lag, no heat, I'm happy.

Not tested the battery yet, but this really is great for portable PE. Very happy with the laptop. I can fit both my ux303lb and lenovo x250 in the same carry-on, with space for all chargers, mouse, other shit plus food for flights, and its less than 8kg. Great!

I have an ASUS ROG laptop, G75, 17", and I think it's a bit bulkier than the new models. (Have had this one for about 5 years). I find that mind fits perfectly into a wheeled carry-on bag, which can be put into the overhead bin. (I am also able to bring another "personal bag" to put under the seat. Might I suggest you try one, instead of worrying about sending it in the baggage hold?

The laptop itself prolly fit but I have another laptop for work that has "higher priority" and needs to go as carry-on. carry two big bags across the airport two times a week is not an option :p Would prolly work every now and then but have to figure out a better way long therm..

Sounds like that UX would be a better deal for traveling and I kinda knew that but I just wanted to test as the Asus is far better on performance

Back