Virtual Reality Visionary Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Selected To Join Mobile World Congress 'Entertainment Showcase' - PR Newswire (

News Bot

Guardian

Virtual Reality Visionary Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Selected To Join Mobile World Congress 'Entertainment Showcase'
[SIZE=-1]PR Newswire (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]After the first Virtual Reality President is elected in March, Entropia Universe will become the first Virtual Reality platform and MMO to become self-governed by its user base. Mindark, the developer of the Entropia Universe will act as a Congress to ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dZ79prZQaDHqW8M&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

I am sick and tired of this bullshit.

They create a position (President) and know they want Neverdie in this position, he is the only one that knows beforehand and registers his promotional web 2 months prior to any anouncement by Mindark. They have the guts to ask for 1000$ as registry fee, they give no intormation at all, and we see crappy info like this about Neverdie running for president.

FFS HE IS THE ONLY ONE RUNNING so why not just finish with this half-assed idea and let him be president already. No one cares!

Last thing I am adding is my feelings about this presidential thing:

True:bandit:

I am sick and tired of this bullshit.

They create a position (President) and know they want Neverdie in this position, he is the only one that knows beforehand and registers his promotional web 2 months prior to any anouncement by Mindark. They have the guts to ask for 1000$ as registry fee, they give no intormation at all, and we see crappy info like this about Neverdie running for president.

True:bandit:

I just checked it and thats true what True says (lol the name :) )
So for those who are lazy to check themselves -
www.voteneverdie.com was first registered on 2015/09/12 @ www.domain.com
Newspress release on www.prnewswire.com - 2015/11/25

So for me this leaves me thinking....

Soko

Love or hate the bloke as least he trying to bring much need attention to the game.

Love or hate the bloke as least he trying to bring much need attention to the game.

There is no argument about love or hate, simple facts.

Oh an honestly - i do like neverdie, he is doing great job, always has been.

But maybe for the sake of the VRP we should be looking for more candidates, some discussions, debates and a bit of dirty laundry washing in public? How else we will find the right candidate for our vote, if someone else ever decides to enroll ofc. Star? Anyone?

There is no argument about love or hate, simple facts.

Oh an honestly - i do like neverdie, he is doing great job, always has been.

But maybe for the sake of the VRP we should be looking for more candidates, some discussions, debates and a bit of dirty laundry washing in public? How else we will find the right candidate for our vote, if someone else ever decides to enroll ofc. Star? Anyone?

Be honest with you i am not his biggest fan and lets face it, would anyone be willing to pay money out of their pocket and give up so much of time for job that don't pay or might even fall flat on its face in the first couple of years. If the VRP job is wasted then its ND who out of pocket with egg on his face, but if he can make it acutely mean something and get MA to improve the game for player base. This will give more reason for a player who knows the player base and with years of experience like Star.

Soko u missed the 1st thread about this.

Short recap: all PP's companies are listed as participants in the original announcement. This means MA had to ask their permission to be listed before they made the announcement. Which means there's no way how ppl like ND and David Dobson (and most likely every person who works in their studios) could not have known about it.

Is it fair to know about the campaign before it starts? Prolly not.
Could it be avoided? Yes, by prohibiting all PP's from running for the prez.
Would that be fair? Would it be good for EU? Idk, u decide.

Soko u missed the 1st thread about this.

Short recap: all PP's companies are listed as participants in the original announcement. This means MA had to ask their permission to be listed before they made the announcement. Which means there's no way how ppl like ND and David Dobson (and most likely every person who works in their studios) could not have known about it.

My humble Apology!
And yes it does make sense ofcourse

/Soko

Entropia Universe Creator Believes VR Will 'Create Massive Global Job Opportunities' - VRFocus

Entropia Universe Creator Believes VR Will 'Create Massive Global Job Opportunities'
[SIZE=-1]VRFocus[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Despite virtual reality (VR) only starting out as an industry, there is already an immense trust in how successful it will turn out to be. Jon 'NEVERDIE' Jacobs, Swedish creator of virtual online massively multiplayer online world Entropia Universe ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Virtual Reality Visionary Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Selected To Join Mobile World Congress 'Entertainment Showcase'[SIZE=-1]Consumer Electronics Net[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 3 news articles »[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Not really necessary as you need an Entropia account to run for VR President and all PPs and employees were required to give up their accounts.

Oh, that's right ND was "grandfathered" (???)

My bad. I guess they should have banned the one and only PP who still has a player account.

if there will be only ONE candidate .... (and it looks like its ALL done to have such outcome)
than its useless to vote

if you realy want us to VOTE than try this

Do you want this person to be president yes or no
and see how many fresh new accounts will be created ...to be shure that only one candidate can win

anyway its good idea but done very wrong way

Visionairies:

The only reason
they can see further
than others
is because they
stood on their
glasses.​

I just checked it and thats true what True says (lol the name :) )
So for those who are lazy to check themselves -

So for me this leaves me thinking....

Soko

Apart of that, over years there has been loads of cases where neverdie or his employee was involved in some dodgy situation, exploiting their inside info, breaking rules of EU and whatnot.

Loads of people, who had been long enough and can see further than tip of their nose, simply do not trust neverdie and would never vote for him being representative.

He recently admitted that he broke rules that every other Planet Partner followed, and that he will continue breaking them if he see it necessary to achieve his goals.

Fire Away with your Questions! This seems like a good a thread for it.

Tiewaz - Question to neverdie:

How can you expect us trusting you after you broke rules multiple times?
Let's just start with:

- using your avatar for hunting and crafting when PP were forbidden to play the game?

Some laws are passed, that should and do apply to things that come after the law is passed.
Sometimes things are Grandfathered in, in the event that they were established before the law was passed.

You see alot of this in Housing. Where somethings were built before codes were changed

Stopping casually playing my Avatar was not something I was going to do , just because of taking on the task of being a Planet partner...

I dont like Undercover avatars at all, At least when I do something as NEVERDIE, you know whats up.. I Like to play a bit, Im not after making a profit, I just like to feel the Universe and I like being me. Otherwise how would I run a campaign "I AM MY AVATAR" if Im not My Avatar.. If I was a Fake Avatar??

I stood up to MA and I stood up to the haters and I play my avatar, because that's fundemental to me...

So in answer to your question?

You can trust I will break rules, if I feel I need to.

It's a strange that MA lets him get away with so much bs, they helped out RT when it was almost dead and now MA push him for president of virtual reality... I wonder if he have some dirty photos or other info that he blackmails them with....

I have nothing against Jon Neverdie, quite the opposite. He'll be good. But the way this "election" is prepared and handled is a sham, and that's putting it politely. What the hell were they thinking?

I have nothing against Jon Neverdie, quite the opposite. He'll be good. But the way this "election" is prepared and handled is a sham, and that's putting it politely. What the hell were they thinking?
That the players will just swallow it, like everything else thrown.

I read it, then thought; I don't quite get it...... and then thought.. "whatever".

Rick

When this all started I shot out a red flag to all about this scam site. After MA looked into the site I was told that it was valid and that they fully supported it.

The red flag was:

- it was hosted by GoDaddy
- The creator of the site and Registrant Contact/Admin Contact/Tech Contact name was: David Simmonds
- and last:

Q. What do I have to do to campaign to become President?
A. Create an Entropia Universe avatar account. Send an email to candidate@presidentofVirtualReality.com with the following information: Real name, address and contact info. Copy of National ID. ( Driver's license or Passport). Your full Entropia Universe Avatar Name. Optional: Include a Short manifesto and Bio that we can publish. Provide a link to your own campaign page or website. Once you have sent your info, you will be provided with payment options for the $1,000 USD ballot registration fee.

The last one could be taken to ways. That yes this was a scam or someone was poking fun since the information requested here is what is needed to reset one's password.

The only issue can MA be liable for any of this?

Lots of haters here I see. Hello haters, how ya doin today?
All the usual crowd, but there's one new face too. Hates this game almost as passionately as McCormick these last years but sadly lacks his talent. :computer:

I quite like Neverdie to be honest. I just don't understand this convention thing, when we haven't had the presidency election yet.

So my brain said, forget it Rick, don't even try to digest it... move on.

Rick

if there will be only ONE candidate .... (and it looks like its ALL done to have such outcome)
than its useless to vote

if you realy want us to VOTE than try this

Do you want this person to be president yes or no
and see how many fresh new accounts will be created ...to be shure that only one candidate can win

anyway its good idea but done very wrong way

Sadly the voting is completely biased towards advertising ability / public persona of the person voting. One person's vote could outweigh the entire EU player base including all the inactive players.

The actual calculation on how much any vote is worth hasn't been made public.

Last edited:
The actual calculation on how much any vote is worth hasn't been made public.

Well it has kind of:

Q. Will all votes be counted equally?
A. Each registered voter will have one Vote. Voters will be provided a questionnaire prior to the election to determine their current level of experience in virtual reality. Votes will be weighted according to experience and current involvement in virtual reality. For example if your auntie registers to vote and her only experience with VR is from watching the movie The Matrix, then her vote might count as one, but if she registers to vote with her Facebook account and shares the news of the election with her friends the weight of her vote will increase. If your sister registers to vote and she is a self-proclaimed Minecraft fanatic, her vote will outweigh your brother who only plays cricket. If your cousin is the founder of a gigantic social network and he registers his company to join the coalition for a United Virtual Reality, his company will receive a maximum voting weight. If your uncle is the owner of a virtual reality medical training company and that company registers to join the coalition, then his company may also receive a maximum weighted vote. If everyone on a large social network registered to vote, those Votes would far outweigh the vote of the social network company itself. If you yourself have an avatar in Entropia Universe and have been active for ten years then your vote will outweigh a noob who started last month.

I did see that but it's not something you can plug in numbers and get a value for a person's vote as such I'll stand by original statement.

If a day one noob is the baseline of 1 then they should be able to give us the values for ten year active players and the companies maximum weighted vote.

And when did companies get a vote irl elections?

Any way back to the original post. It's not surprising ND is attending conferences he's a PP so it's his job to advertise his planet. His biggest problem will be being taken seriously.

But who ever organised the VR presidential election has either done it incredibly badly or exactly as intended.

Last edited:
I did see that but it's not something you can plug in numbers and get a value for a person's vote as such I'll stand by original statement.

It says plain out that ND will be our president.

But looking back at the subject and away from the mess MA made here, this does look really cool and I hope ND can do something at the conference. One way to get the name of ComPets out there. So I do have ND a +Rep again for this, just wish that if he is reading this thread to re-do http://www.presidentofvirtualreality.com/ before the mass world sees it. He has 3 days!!!

I like NEVERDIE, but I dont like how this thing is run. I feel like they hand us one option that gets loads of time preparing his campaign, before others get the option to pay 10k ped and start their campaign from scratch..

I will not vote, I am 99% sure who will be the president already and there are no other characters that has stated they are running.. If they do, im sure they will just waste their peds as NEVERDIE is a popular character with a heavy campaign that has gotten tons of attention from bertha/MA already.

But this isn't about the President of EU. This is about getting someone who's a good figurehead to promote VR and outside of EU ND is almost completely unknown except for when he took JK Rowling to court for plagiarising the story for Harry Potter.

Back