Possible to change size of window in Windowed Mode?

True Juan

Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
Hi guys,

I have a small notebook (14 inch) and when I put EU into window mode it is still almost over the whole screen. Is it possible to somehow change the size of the game screen? Would like to run LBML, but I only see 3/4 of the game if I want to see the map and the game at the same time.
Any info welcomed.

Thanks,
True

Options, Aspect ratio, only way i know!

Rgds

Ace

I once wrote a thread on how to open PE in different resolutions as a very limited selection if any at all used to be offered in the client.

Unfortunately, MB who ran this forum back then edited my post as you had to put the Uname and Pword in a shortcut code:

Original Thread

It was 10.5 years ago so I can't remember the shortcut code, but it should still be possible to force window size in the code... I'm not as good with computers now so I have no idea how to figure it out!

IF you could modify the configuration file, you could set any resolution you wanted for windowed mode. I also use a small factor laptop sometimes, but remember: we are not allowed to edit that file.

If you could edit it tho, it would be located at: "Drive:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_user_data". Inside that folder, you would find a file named "settings-ce.cfg" that you could edit.

To edit this file use a proper text editor (Do not use windows default notepad, since it introduces weird characters sometimes), I recommend notepad++, sublime text or vi/vim.

Ok, so in order to set a custom resolution you would have to add the following lines to the end of that file:
Code:
r_WidthWin = 1024
r_HeightWin = 716
r_VSync = 1

The first line sets a width, second a height and last line force enables vertical sync, this prevents overheating in case your laptop has a powerful GPU. You can set any resolution you want.

Now, all edit would be done so you should save the changes and close the editor.

But we are not done yet, right click the "settings-ce.cfg" file and open "Properties". Put a tick (enable) on the "Read-only" option as seen here.

Apply the changes and you are done.

But remember... you can't edit that file ;)

:rolleyes:

@Avalon

Thanks a lot, its so much better now. I cant believe we dont have these options already somehow implemented in game.

On my computer it works well, but I tried it on my girlfriends computer and it does not work there. I checked everything in game, and also copied my config to her computer to try it out. Is there something I might be missing?

Regards,
True:bandit:

But remember... you can't edit that file ;)

:rolleyes:

I don't think that file is "off limit", config-files is not part of the core files of the game.
Anyway I have also done that "trick" many years to get the windowed size I want, I often prefer ta have it as big as possible but still leave some desktop-space left on the edges.

Ok, so in order to set a custom resolution you would have to add the following lines to the end of that file:
Code:
r_WidthWin = 1024
r_HeightWin = 716
r_VSync = 1

I can't remember I need do add anything to the file, I think the r_WidthWin and r_HeightWin variables was already in the file and I just change them to the size of the window I wanted. I my case 1512/945.

Last edited:
I don't think that file is "off limit", config-files is not part of the core files of the game.

It is NOT allowed actually. Here is a post from Marco about it and here is the section of the EULA that forbids it:

2.2 Restricted Use

(ii) Use of the Entropia Universe Client. The Participant agrees upon not tampering, removing (except complete un-installation) or modifying the installed Entropia Universe Client Software and its associated files in any way whatsoever.

Hence my previous post.

It is NOT allowed actually. Here is a post from Marco about it and here is the section of the EULA that forbids it:

Hence my previous post.

Well the file says:
"-- [System-Configuration]
-- Attention: This file is generated by the system! Editing is not recommended! "

It a common text file/config, nothing really important would be in it anyway.

Well the file says:
"-- [System-Configuration]
-- Attention: This file is generated by the system! Editing is not recommended! "

It a common text file/config, nothing really important would be in it anyway.

That is a comment generated automatically by CryEngine, I suppose game devs didn't change it. But Marco and the EULA are very explicit about editing files (any file!) the game uses.

That is a comment generated automatically by CryEngine, I suppose game devs didn't change it. But Marco and the EULA are very explicit about editing files (any file!) the game uses.

So we could argue the it's generated by the Cryengine and is not part of the original code and files.
Well let's say we edit the file on our own risk, but I don't think it's the config is what they are targeting in the EULA.

It is a grey zone, to change this in the file. if they want, they can ban you for this. But i dont think they do, if you only change this for other screen resolution.

But be warned about this!

Subscribing so I can follow this.

I ehm ehm... edited it as having two monitors it's too much useful moving from one to other (for example checking entropedia) without alt+tabbing, but when new login pages were introduced i couldn't anymore use my personalized resolution, dunno why, maybe using win editor was my mistake or not forcing vertical sync.. so lately i was forced to use one of the windowed resolution in option setup.
Will check soon if it still goes as i wish :ahh:

Back