Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

Please consider sharing this thread/petition with your friends and getting more people actively involved - it is not enough to just put a name on a list anymore you need to speak out for whats important and convince others to do the same.
The petition (opening post) includes a support case with support case number, please feel free to join in with more support cases asking for space development focus and refer to the given case number as well as post your own case numbers in the petition thread.
I was asked in my own case to not motivate others to write similar cases (as it would only create more work for support), but it does not violate the ToU and its the only legal form we have to express our frustration as well as hope that 6 years of waiting while supporting the game with our money has been patient enough.

Or close it so they stop wasting development time on some crap that the minority of the users like...

Vote to end lootable space ... WTF :rofl:

:topic: already. If you don't like the brilliant nature of open space, as it would likely be in real life, then don't go there. Honestly ... :scratch2:

:topic: already. If you don't like the brilliant nature of open space, as it would likely be in real life, then don't go there. Honestly ... :scratch2:

Hey Wizardo, are you still playing? I used to repair on your ship back when I was a brand new noob! How's it going?)

Hey Wizardo, are you still playing? I used to repair on your ship back when I was a brand new noob! How's it going?)

Hey .. glad to see you're still playing :cool: I'm still around, but keeping a low profile these days until I have more time to play again.

Be well and happy ATH!!!

Cheers for now,
Chad

i vote for more high price ships 50k peds is not anouf make it 200 k more poeple will buy:broke:

I can't but agree with both MiniM and John B Knight. They both have good points. But the sole reason of this dispute is raised by one problem: for a long time space needs a total overhaul and upgrade. The only question is how to solve this problem for the mutual agreement of both ground and space players. As of now, one thing is clear, space is a stumbling block in the interplanetary trade and economy. It separates and isolates the planets, whilst it was meant to connect them. It definitely ruins the economy of small planets instead of intertwining them with the existing system and encouraging players to travel there.

There are plenty of solutions and personally I don’t care much which one Mindark will choose.

There could be an interplanetary space station with global auction and lowered delivery fees and crafting terminals. So that the main traffic from all of the planets will be to that one central trading station. For now Calypso is unfairly in a favourable position against the other planets. If I was a Planet Partner I would be against such market monopoly. There should be equal possibilities for all of the planets.

Also they can make space a thing on its own. Hunting, pvp, dynamic delivery missions based on loot transfers between planets. And teleporters between planets for everyone else for free or for a little fee. Players on the ground might not even know about the logistics of interplanetary delivery at all, but it doesn't mean there is no flurry of activity in space. In real life you get your end product in the nearest store and don’t care how it’d get there. About all of the transportation, risks, taxes, fees, etc.

The fact is there is a big problem with space, which disturbs people in one way or another. Space just doesn’t meet its requirements, its primary functions of being a bridge not a gap in the universe. Space concerns all players on all of the planets. Mindark should make space a top priority issue due to a huge impact on the universe economy and market it makes.

The fact is there is a big problem with space, which disturbs people in one way or another. Space just doesn’t meet its requirements, its primary functions of being a bridge not a gap in the universe. Space concerns all players on all of the planets. Mindark should make space a top priority issue due to a huge impact on the universe economy and market it makes.

You want to know why space hasn't been updated?

Whatever they do, they will :censored: someone off.

At a very simplistic viewpoint, 'casual gamers' want one thing, pirates want another, mothership owners want another and 'smugglers' want another.

If you can think of a way of altering space that doesn't really upset some or all of those player groups, then send it to Mindark because I cant think of any changes that wont (and the usual threats to quit etc that inevitably follow the VU)

At a very simplistic viewpoint, 'casual gamers' want one thing, pirates want another, mothership owners want another and 'smugglers' want another.

It really is simple how they can fix this. They remove pvp4 and make it anything goes. Space needs to be a place where it isn't easy to get to planet to planet but fall under the laws of the RL world by removing lootable items. Take down John's ships and one could make it to the ATH list. So simple and easy but the only ones who would really wouldn't like this idea would be the pirates. Funny really.

Under this new style of space I, like many others would then HAVE to use a mothership to make it safely to any given planet.

So give me that option then... interplanetary teleporters so players could choose. Of course they should work like tp on planet and we can bring all the loot we want for free. Then you and the five others can have it all to yourself.

So simple and easy but the only ones who would really wouldn't like this idea would be the pirates. Funny really.

And that is why they are having trouble with the Space update 2016.

Love them or loathe them pirates are Mindark's customers too.

I dont like wasps much, but they do help with pollination (believe it or not).
When they interfere with the family picnic then I can reach for the rolled up newspaper.

Redesign space all you want, but while you do that give us interplanetary teleporters because that's what the vast majority of people wants.

I'm going to quote myself from another thread, getting sick of the same space discussion over and over again.

I voted for introduction of TPs, here is my personal 3-step recipe for space success.

1. Introduce interplanetary TPs, more expensive than current warp services. It used to be 40 PED, I'm cool with that.
  2. Enable hangars so that motherships can be spawned near them, give a little fee to the owners and let them manage who lands near their hangar (like a guest list).
  3. Leave space as lootable PvP hunting grounds. Provide them with useful loot. Want an example? Make Galactica Mission components exclusive to space (bio id, conveyors and vacuum flux). How about nanocubes, output amps, cool (L) alien weapons, etc...

- Space players get what they want.
- People who want nothing to do with space get what they want.
- Transport providers would get even more customers, starting by me.
- Pirates would get a lot more action too.

I remember when some dev spawned a mothership over Twin Peaks, the sight of such huge ship was awe-inspiring. Now imagine interplanetary warps surface to surface, with the full "woooosh" animation and all.

It's just my opinion, not trying to be arrogant or condescending. Please read it carefully before going bananas on me.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Redesign space all you want, but while you do that give us interplanetary teleporters because that's what the vast majority of people wants.

I'm going to quote myself from another thread, getting sick of the same space discussion over and over again.

I'm good with all this as long as you make the TP free. No reason to have a cost there when it's free at the planets. They should make space so it makes people want to go there not force it upon players that couldn't care less. We should not be forced to fund motherships and it's owners we should want to pay for their service. So find some use for the ships and let us travel between hunting grounds on various planets for free. I'm sure the planets would instantly get more alive this way. How about enabling it for a week mindark just to see how much more alive the universe would become or are you afraid of admitting the space failure?

I'm good with all this as long as you make the TP free. No reason to have a cost there when it's free at the planets.

While I do agree with you, I don't think Mindark sees it that way. I do agree free would be nice, but if they have to make it cost, let it cost or perhaps make it so that it's free under certain conditions and limited to certain times... I still think it'd be nice to allow a free 'tp to home planet' once a month or something if your avatar held any deed associated with that 'home planet', whether it be apartment deed, LA, shop deed, CLD, or even AUD... Got the deed you have the right to be there at home, so let the taxi come pick you up and take you home for a while... Also I think adding this 'feature' to the tp to home option on the Teleport chips that already are in game would be nice... allow it to actually tp you to home, not just to 'home on this planet'

also, can't remember if I posted this in this thread or not yet, and don't have time to read through it all to look, so if Mindark is paying attention to this thread, please allow us an option somewhere in the HUD to turn on the visibility of the 'wall' that surrounds the server edge in space, or at least move the planets inside of that server... As it is now it's a major pain in the ass moving your vehicle around in corridors like from RT to Monria or Monria to Calypso since you are so close to the 'corner' or 'edge' of the server that you keep bumping in to the server edge so you stop moving if you had 'autorun' on and just sit still, so afk space travel isn't possible... The way you have the visuals in space you can't just put a waypoint on a planet in the map and aim for that since the planet is technically not inside the server... so you auto run aiming at that waypoint and you'll keep hitting the damn edge of the map... Yes, I know that it's a big square, yadda, yadda, yadda, but it's easy to get turned around in space if you don't pilot on a daily basis since you can rotate your ship around so many different ways in there...

Also, please put an option to 'land' in to Monria like you have on the other planets. It is nice that the tp from space station to monria is 'free' both ways down and up but it's annoying if you forget this or it's your first time here, so you are looking for a way to 'drive in to the atmosphere' like you do with the other planets, only to find yourself wasting fuel and time since it's not possible, especially if it's your first trip here.

I'm good with all this as long as you make the TP free. No reason to have a cost there when it's free at the planets. They should make space so it makes people want to go there not force it upon players that couldn't care less. We should not be forced to fund motherships and it's owners we should want to pay for their service. So find some use for the ships and let us travel between hunting grounds on various planets for free. I'm sure the planets would instantly get more alive this way. How about enabling it for a week mindark just to see how much more alive the universe would become or are you afraid of admitting the space failure?

Well, definitely interplanetary teleportation for free or a small fee (not 40 ped) is what the majority of players would appreciate. To be honest space is really for those who like it and spent money on it. I have friends, who avoid travelling to other planets as much as they can, just because you have to go through space. Teleportation would be a perfect solution. And then develop space as much as you want. It would even make it easier to develop space in a fun and entertainment way because there would be no need to care about market and planets population.

I so agree

also, can't remember if I posted this in this thread or not yet, and don't have time to read through it all to look, so if Mindark is paying attention to this thread, please allow us an option somewhere in the HUD to turn on the visibility of the 'wall' that surrounds the server edge in space, or at least move the planets inside of that server... As it is now it's a major pain in the ass moving your vehicle around in corridors like from RT to Monria or Monria to Calypso since you are so close to the 'corner' or 'edge' of the server that you keep bumping in to the server edge so you stop moving if you had 'autorun' on and just sit still, so afk space travel isn't possible... The way you have the visuals in space you can't just put a waypoint on a planet in the map and aim for that since the planet is technically not inside the server... so you auto run aiming at that waypoint and you'll keep hitting the damn edge of the map... Yes, I know that it's a big square, yadda, yadda, yadda, but it's easy to get turned around in space if you don't pilot on a daily basis since you can rotate your ship around so many different ways in there...

Also, please put an option to 'land' in to Monria like you have on the other planets. It is nice that the tp from space station to monria is 'free' both ways down and up but it's annoying if you forget this or it's your first time here, so you are looking for a way to 'drive in to the atmosphere' like you do with the other planets, only to find yourself wasting fuel and time since it's not possible, especially if it's your first trip here.
Jeezuz Christ I can't agree with your post without some error message saying , "I need 10 words" My reply has more than 10 words. Hold on maybe I have to start a new post ffs..lol

Last edited:
Jeezuz Christ I can't agree with your post without some error message saying , "I need 10 words" My reply has more than 10 words. Hold on maybe I have to start a new post ffs..lol

Where would we be without MA and their klunk multipliers!

Dear Mindark, please put your focus on space as promised above - here is the list of avatars that support this request:

1) John Black Knight | support case: #322834
2) Qster Qster QQQ | support case: #323240
3) Titus SoReal Magnusson
4) Wand AxeMurderer Silva
5) Hawkwind Hawk Lonewolf
6) Alaina Bonnie Knight
7) milton osga hastings
8) Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
9) Antrace Letale Very
10) Mikkel Cowfoot Esteves
11) Granny Rowan Render
12) Judy Jetsina Summers
13) Tuloow Darc Tuloow
14) Cassandra Red Savage
15) Paul Jetman Masters
16) Chris Faceof Trimitzios
17) George Ace Skywalker
18) Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
19) Daphne Dyker Jones
20) Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
21) Boris Supaplex Ninic
22) Quell Que Star
23) Dex Toxic Mirkov
24) Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
25) Harmony Bella Simpson
26) Hyperion Hype Ayres
27) Anny Divine Thundergirl
28) Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand
29) New York Rose
30) Grom Widowmaker Hellscream
31) Benjamin Ben Coyote
32) Brendan Slick Gould
33) Trinity Dusk Trinity
34) Darwi Dar Odrade
35) Nocturaline Nocturnal Mortiis
36) Davin Trooper Felth
37) Half
38) Freyr
39) dar hammer dei
40) III Dusk MMM
41) Sandal San Tolk
42) Igi
43) Danka Soul Needu
44) Side Slay Show
45) Juliane Emma Morgan
46) Jim Toecutter Profit
47) Magnus Svarog Henriksen
48) Tomas T79x Hope
49) Strash
50) Oo HaTak oO
51) James Bo Clayton
52) Dai BoneScrolls Bodatta
53) Richard Dirk Tomlin
54) Sheena "Shee" Woolf
55) James Conners Stoke
56) Syr Avalon Rychmon
57) Hemer Rush Hermenegild
58) Vi V3r0nyka BitFury
59) Sir Nargon Tudelu
60) Jyoti Nisha Rahasya
61) dutch fluske mooren
62) Giuliano adm Noooo
63) Whining Skeptic Aboard
64) Peter Caviar Eater
65) Milela Sakuba Wilnfe
66) Hans Penguin Black
67) Stu Sylo Mcfly
68) Joe Mr-Joey Force
69) Augestine Francis Zacharia
70) Chela Cee Bias
71) Foxy Foxypilot Cuddlebottom
72) Wylie Fly Times
73) Lunar Mitsuwa Blaze
74) Maelcum Hideo Newmark
75) Chad Wizardo Gareau
76) MR Armored Outlaw
77) Lovely Wandering Bella
78) Heidi Hatatfatcat Stassinopolis
79) Ostrander Ostrander Popp
80) Nachoss Nachoss Grande
81) Kludge Kludge Geekspeak
82) Misty Emerine Stardust
83) Cypherman Cypherman Cypherman
84) Nitro SC Nitro
85) Ernest Bilko Sgt
86) Prince Philip IV
87) Gill Greed Gush
88) Gisela Stardust Dawes
89) Count Sinner Gism
90) Billy Jean Ruby
91) Xane
92) Sashenka Rue Mara
93) Jo Aloisius Smith
94) Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
95) Carn Carni Fireclaw
96) Daisy ColdFinger
97) Aztec AztecRose RedRose
98) Pardot Priest Kynes
99) Grand Master Pelzak PRO
100) Stefan 008 Bond

Just as a bump, this is the list of supporters of the petition asking for mindark to put their development focus on space and to keep their space promises.
This is not a thread about specifics or details of implementation, its merely to show all players the promises which were made and to show Mindark that we care about it.
So please stay on topic regarding your support and mindarks promises.

Getting close to 6 years of unfullfilled promises for space (see opening post) - lets hope that this years 'quietness' is going to turn out as a big 'catch up' to all those promises made over the years.

Musk will populate Mars before the space transport missions :laugh:
jk this year it will happen I think

JUNE!!

june.jpg

They said they would and we got Compet instead. They said they would and we got Batsim instead. Detect a pattern yet?

I'm not accusing them of being less than sincere, but maybe of letting themselves get carried away while not really strong enough for the task. This was not conceived as a space game, and looking at what's out there in great space games, this will never become one because the amount of cash needed to merely catch up is mind-boggling. Or could an IPO of Space Deeds with ten to umpteen times the volume of CLDs possibly work, or whatever Kickstarter-like scheme? Maybe one of the others is faster plugging in an RCE into their system instead (fancy blockchain stuff comes to mind), which would end Entropia's uniqueness. Famous-space-game-which-is-verboten-to-be-named-in-this-cybervenue has just recently added planet landings and -content.

I am open to positive surprises but can't see any rationale for banking on it. Be happy if you managed to recoup your investment in your motherships. The rest pays for their entertainment.

Or could an IPO of Space Deeds with ten to umpteen times the volume of CLDs possibly work, or whatever Kickstarter-like scheme?

Unfortunately the issuing of ComPet deeds has so far been without any payouts at all and in my opinion will not have any chance at all if ComPet is not tied into EU.
CLDs were for 6 million dollars, if I remember correctly. The payout has already exceeded that I think (?) and the in-game value theoretically stands at over 12 mil now (2k peds per deed). We (I) have zero idea how many deeds are actually owned by players these days, but in theory the players own half of Caly I think for that.

Those are two pretty big opposites against oneanother! Failure and success...

I would bet I could implement pretty good changes to MA space with not even 1 mill dollars - changes which I think could stand a good chance against competitors too even. I don't think it's about the money, though....

Edit: I don't want to be off-topic downwards past Jetman, but the one person we already have around of 'presidential proportions' IS quite creative at least... hmmm. What would he do for space? What would I do? ....

Last edited:
I would bet I could implement pretty good changes to MA space with not even 1 mill dollars - changes which I think could stand a good chance against competitors too even. I don't think it's about the money, though....

putting yourself forwards? just invent a poll with only you listed and proclaim yourself the Intergalatic Emperor of Space

The future is clear. Mindark droped plans to develop space to trashcan :) & i am happy to fly my sleip in space how it is today :)

EntropiaForum.org

You don't feel you would rather spend time watching paint dry than to fly through space? I'd say open up interplanetary TP's for free.

LOL wont be long now for the big space update.

Free interplanetary TP's wont even feature, ridiculous idea

Back