Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
This is an overview for us 'spacers' to not forget how long we have been waiting for Space and what has been promised so far.
I intend to continue this list into the future as the following years state of the universes are released and hopefully we can show to Mindark that we would really apreciate if things would move on from the promised stage to 'active content'.
Please add your name to the thread if you want to show Mindark that you care about space and would appreciate if they set their focus on it.

2011:
June 8th
Coming Releases of Space

In the pipeline for the coming space-related releases we have warp speed to experience the thrill of space travel, more advanced engineering features. To increase protection for the motherships and its crew from opponents the number of gunner positions will be increased to 13 and 4 shield sections will be added. Also, heavy weapons, torpedos, will be added.

- Arachne -
Originally Posted Here
We are still (in 2019) missing advanced engineering features, shields, heavy weapons, torpedos and some active gunner positions - which were promised during auction sales of motherships.

2012:
To accomodate the increasing number of planets within Entropia Universe and to encourage the growth of local planetary economies, one area that will receive special attention in the coming months is space travel and interplanetary trade. Resources and materials will be rebalanced among the planets in order to enable each planet to develop a thriving and healthy local economy, while at the same time creating opportunities for participants to engage in commerce across multiple planets.
Originally Posted Here
which sadly didnt happen :(

2013 Space was forgotten on the roadmap at first and then after an outkry of the community a promise for space was added:
Somehow the section about space development was inadvertently omitted from the State of the Universe Address. Apologies for any confusion or panic this ommission may have caused. Space is definitely part of our development roadmap for 2013, rest assured.

I have added the following section to the Entropia Universe Buzz article-

Space
In the State of the Universe Address 2012, we mentioned plans for expanding and improving space. Several other projects received higher priority in 2012, resulting in the plans for space development being pushed forward to mid-2013. The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.
which sadly didnt happen either :(

in 2014 then Space was entirely forgotten and noone cared to make any statement about it at all:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/02/25/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2014.xml

2015:
[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2015[/h]

Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order. Along with that rebalancing, additional PVE space content is planned for Q3/Q4 2015.
Originally Posted Here
Which again didnt happen.

2016:
[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2016[/h]
Space
Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:
Galactic transport & space missions.
Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.
Originally Posted Here

And again - it didnt happen.

2017:
MindArk also plans to address many of the existing issues affecting interplanetary Space gameplay, specifically ship balance and travel. Once those important balance issues are resolved, we look forward to implemented new and previously planned features, such as galactic transport.
Originally Posted Here

And yet again - it didnt happen.

2018:
This time we got no state of the universe at all and no mention about any promises past or future regarding space.

2019:
Waiting for this years state of the universe address and some form of recognition that entropia is called a 'universe' of which one of the most essential parts is space - cause without it there wouldnt be a universe.

State of the universe addresses were endet and no more outlooks to future developments regarding space given.

2020-2023: Idle with no changes in space. We are still waiting...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
History for support case 322834:

2016-05-10 10:46 You wrote:

Hello, i wanted to raise awareness towards a petition supported so far by 82 players of entropia universe, many of them established longterm players.
This petition is about all the promises and public statements made by Mindark regarding space development and features since 2011.
We are asking that atleast this time in 2016 you do keep your word and put development focus on space as promised so many times before and to please not forget all the other initial promises uppon which many of us invested our money and time into entropia space in hope and trust of those promises comming true.
A select of these promises have been listed in the below linked pcf forum thread along with a list of all the players supporting and asking you to finally make development focus on space happen.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...se-an-overview-and-outlook-of-past-and-future

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Kind regards
John Black Knight

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have already added your name to the list you may want to let Mindark know by yourself that you support focus on space development through a support case referring to this petition and the initial support case 322834.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Dear Mindark, please put your focus on space as promised above - here is the list of avatars that support this request:

1) John Black Knight | support case: #322834
2) Qster Qster QQQ | support case: #323240
3) Titus SoReal Magnusson
4) Wand AxeMurderer Silva
5) Hawkwind Hawk Lonewolf
6) Alaina Bonnie Knight
7) milton osga hastings
8) Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
9) Antrace Letale Very
10) Mikkel Cowfoot Esteves
11) Granny Rowan Render
12) Judy Jetsina Summers
13) Tuloow Darc Tuloow
14) Cassandra Red Savage
15) Paul Jetman Masters
16) Chris Faceof Trimitzios
17) George Ace Skywalker
18) Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
19) Daphne Dyker Jones
20) Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
21) Boris Supaplex Ninic
22) Quell Que Star
23) Dex Toxic Mirkov
24) Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
25) Harmony Bella Simpson
26) Hyperion Hype Ayres
27) Anny Divine Thundergirl
28) Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand
29) New York Rose
30) Grom Widowmaker Hellscream
31) Benjamin Ben Coyote
32) Brendan Slick Gould
33) Trinity Dusk Trinity
34) Darwi Dar Odrade
35) Nocturaline Nocturnal Mortiis
36) Davin Trooper Felth
37) Half
38) Freyr
39) dar hammer dei
40) III Dusk MMM
41) Sandal San Tolk
42) Igi
43) Danka Soul Needu
44) Side Slay Show
45) Juliane Emma Morgan
46) Jim Toecutter Profit
47) Magnus Svarog Henriksen
48) Tomas T79x Hope
49) Strash
50) Oo HaTak oO
51) James Bo Clayton
52) Dai BoneScrolls Bodatta
53) Richard Dirk Tomlin
54) Sheena "Shee" Woolf
55) James Conners Stoke
56) Syr Avalon Rychmon
57) Hemer Rush Hermenegild
58) Vi V3r0nyka BitFury
59) Sir Nargon Tudelu
60) Jyoti Nisha Rahasya
61) dutch fluske mooren
62) Giuliano adm Noooo
63) Whining Skeptic Aboard
64) Peter Caviar Eater
65) Milela Sakuba Wilnfe
66) Hans Penguin Black
67) Stu Sylo Mcfly
68) Joe Mr-Joey Force
69) Augestine Francis Zacharia
70) Chela Cee Bias
71) Foxy Foxypilot Cuddlebottom
72) Wylie Fly Times
73) Lunar Mitsuwa Blaze
74) Maelcum Hideo Newmark
75) Chad Wizardo Gareau
76) MR Armored Outlaw
77) Lovely Wandering Bella
78) Heidi Hatatfatcat Stassinopolis
79) Ostrander Ostrander Popp
80) Nachoss Nachoss Grande
81) Kludge Kludge Geekspeak
82) Misty Emerine Stardust
83) Cypherman Cypherman Cypherman
84) Nitro SC Nitro
85) Ernest Bilko Sgt
86) Prince Philip IV
87) Gill Greed Gush
88) Gisela Stardust Dawes
89) Count Sinner Gism
90) Billy Jean Ruby
91) Xane
92) Sashenka Rue Mara
93) Jo Aloisius Smith
94) Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
95) Carn Carni Fireclaw
96) Daisy ColdFinger
97) Aztec AztecRose RedRose
98) Pardot Priest Kynes
99) Grand Master Pelzak PRO
100) Stefan 008 Bond
101) Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti

Last edited:
Titus SoReal Magnusson

MA please convert my pessimistic meh, whatever, into an optimistic yeah , lets do this ! :wtg:

Last edited:
Without some safe hunting zones i dont care at all about space, they can remove it completly and just have tps as long as it is like now

Without some safe hunting zones i dont care at all about space, they can remove it completly and just have tps as long as it is like now

This!

Only MS/Priv owners and pirates care about Space as it is now....

And to make it clear if anyone wonders, i dont want all of space safe, i dont even want safe routes, i want safe hunting zones, thats all.

John, add me to the list,

Hawk

Add me! Space has so much potential to be an enormous part of this game, instead MA has allowed people to develop the opinion that it is nothing more than an inconvenience. Make space all that it can be!

Yes!

Add milton osga hastings please! :)

Thanks

Add me! Space has so much potential to be an enormous part of this game, instead MA has allowed people to develop the opinion that it is nothing more than an inconvenience. Make space all that it can be!

Exactly , there is huge potential up in space if this is exploited correctly by MA to introduce new mobs , space mining , resources only available in space to produce some really cool crafted items , what's not to like ?
PVP just adds to the spice , yes you probably will have to be on a proper spaceship to have protection from the hazards out there but that also brings in teamwork and new things to work and strive for . Again , what's not to like ?

Definitly needs a look into it ;)

Add my name to the list

Add me to plz

Antrace Letale Very

cheers

Please add me to the list :)

I wholeheartedly support changes that will advance space as a genuine part of this game instead of the poor relation it has been until now.

I agree that for most travellers it is currently just an obstacle between planets, but it has the potential to be so much more.

Let's hope the changes when implemented will make a real difference for many players not just the few of us lucky enough to have ships there. It really needs activities, dare I say it missions, that will be available for various levels of player.
I really, really hope they look at space mining, maybe a trade hub which is the only place certain space equipment could be made/sold etc.. tho I'm sure the pirates would love that too :)
But it in my wildest dreams I would love them to consider giving space, a proper economy, a dev team and some nearer to reality space dynamics.

After all the clue is in the name..Entropia Universe
......................................Space should be a very integral part of the story.

Judy Jetsina Summers too please.

Something which made me laugh, by the way, was that yes they used the word 'radar' in the space section, but only in the meaning of a development target. Still, space does advance to the status of a primary focus it seems:

"Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include: "....
blah blah - oh, new ship classes could be an interesting one, I guess, but what new classes - cargo, reccy (speed)? I'd hope for red quad owners that they get some kind of automatic upgrade into the new family of ships, or something like that.... or at least slots for big improvements...

Add me to the list.

End All speed hacks.

yes, add me as well please, though I have no great expectations or faith that this year will be any different from every other one since 2011. Too many broken promises :(

i think the problem is, no one really 'owns' space, just MA. While all the planets are owned by a seperate PP team with their own develpers.

the best way forward would be to sell the space around planets to the PP and make space LA's that can be devolped like FOMA/CP and Monria.

i'd love to see some cross interaction with planets, like calys bots launching space wars on ark

oh yeah, i never hunt there, pirates are an hassle, but something needs doing there, so sign me up

As i have said in previous similar threads EU needs a "real space" in game but anything more to implement is something from nothing...anyway put my name on list please...:wtg:

Chris Faceof Trimitzios

Space

Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:

Galactic transport & space missions.

Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.

Very nice...i hope that happen in 2016 and not in 2026...:yay:

Faceof is Dynamic...:thumbup:
Faceof...:cool:

John, it is very very sad reading your OP. If MA do anything this year, space should be the top priority! As I have mentioned, other space MMOs now leave EU space for dust and the sophisticated battle simulators, warp navigation, mining and hunting, private space stations, etc need implementing.

Space skills should actually influence what you can and cant do. Seriously what is the difference between a level 5 space pilot and a level 75 pilot. Both can fly a mothership ffs! I can only pray they think carefully how they release more ships and how they will effect the value of privateers and motherships. Luckily the Equus was a special beast for the wealthy and didn't ripple the value of current ships.

Put my name down!

Hell Yeah!

I would especially like to see some meaningful cargo hauling play, e.g., transport missions, and space mining.

Space suits might be nice for mining small asteroids :)

John, you can add Daphne Dyker Jones to your supporters.

Add me: Kent OZtwo OpaloMan

snip

Space skills should actually influence what you can and cant do. Seriously what is the difference between a level 5 space pilot and a level 75 pilot. Both can fly a mothership ffs! I can only pray they think carefully how they release more ships and how they will effect the value of privateers and motherships. Luckily the Equus was a special beast for the wealthy and didn't ripple the value of current ships.

Put my name down!

I've had these thoughts for a long time now , there should be more buttons available on space ship controls , warp , shields , sub warp boosters ,mining controls, tractor beams to name just a few. Availability of these controls should be dependant upon pilot skills.

Remember the more appealing space is (iron missions, transport missions,space only loots etc) the more people will come and as a consequence more money will come into MA's bottom line which must be good for us and the game as well :)

Well.......Maybe this says something about the disappointment with the Space experience in EU. When Im not in EU I go to EVE for my Space travel fun. I waited to see what MA would come up with and, in the 4 years Ive been playing, MA has fallen flat on its face with the development of space in comparison to other available games I can choose from. A shame really, as I am ready and willing to fully commit to EU in ALL aspects of the game if ALL aspects were ready to enjoy.

Add me to the list please

Que

Supporting ofc

Full support from "Dex Toxic Mirkov" for better Space and better Entropia Universe game :)

100% signed

and i suggest that if MA just can't finish anything in time, they shouldn't put up any deadline at all.

also they should stop promising features this game won't have in the next decade! (or do they like us to be unhappy with all those unfulfilled promises?)

i guess we could be alot more happy with EU the way it is, if we wouldn't know about things we should have but actually don't because someone was either lazy, didn't follow his roadmap, was too drunk, buying castles or had some compet bestiality dreams.

:hammer:

just my :twocents:

Back