Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

Pls Add Me to the list

After so many years of promising it really is time that MA delivered, pls add Ernest Bilko Sgt to the list.

Prince Philip IV

This is so true. Mindark really needs to improve space, planets like Toulan, Next Island, and Cyrene barely have an economy because nobody wants to explore them. Please add Prince Philip IV to the list.

Add me Gill Greed Gush to the petition list !
We Entropians are longing to be space explorer !

*slapping MA's butt*

Add me to the list.

Gisela Stardust Dawes

Add me to the list as well.. Its about time we get some attention up here!

Space is left behind of any other section in developement and I want to see it more interesting and improved.
MA should do something for it!
John add me to this petition pls

John add me to your list but I warn you it will count as -10.

Kane Xane Crossing

Last edited:
Add me to the list Please

Sashenka Rue Mara

MA needs a qik kick

those who operate and luv space be it pirate..MS..Starfinders Pathfinders etc or just the weary space traveller...excite us MA..and btw get my bloody UFO into space will yah ..tyvm..:wtg::smoke::yay:

Add me please Jo Aloisius Smith just in case maybe they might hear us in numbers

Add me to the list, I want that damn transport missions :cool:

Very nice, add me too plz :)

Sure > add Daisy ColdFinger

With the Large sums of player / user / client money investments which were made to MA on the publicized assurances of official representatives whom not only sought to motivate but encourage investor confidence has me slightly concerned about MA's apparent disregard to it's player based investors.

Prehaps an idea for the safe travel of maps and safe hunting zones could be brought using this crudely drawn map

attachment.php

The red zones are the lootable PVP, placed in a way making quick possible possible but risky
The Yellow Marks are gates, traveling through these gates (not warp) costs a toll of 5 ped per gate or something
The Green Marks near the gates are barriers to prevent gate hopping, wanna hop the gate, you do it earlier with more risk
the white are the mobs, this give safe zones to hunt. however there could be bigger mobs in the PVP and a shared loot right in the middle

The gates could be made into a customs gate instead where you are taxed 1-5% on the lootables TT, no stackables no/tiny charge

Prehaps an idea for the safe travel of maps and safe hunting zones could be brought using this crudely drawn map

attachment.php

The red zones are the lootable PVP, placed in a way making quick possible possible but risky
The Yellow Marks are gates, traveling through these gates (not warp) costs a toll of 5 ped per gate or something
The Green Marks near the gates are barriers to prevent gate hopping, wanna hop the gate, you do it earlier with more risk
the white are the mobs, this give safe zones to hunt. however there could be bigger mobs in the PVP and a shared loot right in the middle

The gates could be made into a customs gate instead where you are taxed 1-5% on the lootables TT, no stackables no/tiny charge

Or just give each planetpartner a non-lootable high atmosphere layer which can be entered by spacecrafts to hunt flying creatures defined by each planet partner and skip the whole attempt of building a 'wall' in space.

Alternately put a 'stargate' on each planet with a 20kg weight limitation that can be used by avatars to move to another planet through a wormhole for 50ped time delayed for 1 hour or for 100ped instantly.
Allow players to sent goods in containers through the stargates for similar but more expensive fees based on weight/itemcount and mu's.
The fees of the stargate go towards the cargo mission lootpool.

Suddendly this reduces the complaints of 'fluffy-universe-players' to 'but i want it all for free' and noone can complain anymore about not having the option while leaving the actual transport ships in their purpose of providing transport to passengers and goods at prices which far outperform the 'stargate fees'.

And it keeps the whole of space as a lootable pvp zone where 'everything goes'.

Alternately put a 'stargate' on each planet with a 20kg weight limitation that can be used by avatars to move to another planet through a wormhole for 50ped time delayed for 1 hour or for 100ped instantly.
Allow players to sent goods in containers through the stargates for similar but more expensive fees based on weight/itemcount and mu's.
The fees of the stargate go towards the cargo mission lootpool.

Instead of 1 hour unproductive delay, make it an instance where you need to shoot through x00,000 HP to reach Teleporter of the Ancients, with 5% tax going towards the same cargo mission pool. (To make it accessible to lower levels - you can bring a team but only team leader can teleport away.

Instead of 1 hour unproductive delay, make it an instance where you need to shoot through x00,000 HP to reach Teleporter of the Ancients, with 5% tax going towards the same cargo mission pool. (To make it accessible to lower levels - you can bring a team but only team leader can teleport away.

And add a HoF chance to stargates to leave them with something valueable you didnt bring in - to motivate the playerbase ;)

dynamic mob maturity. Start at low maturity and the more you kill the bigger the maturity are spawned

attachment.php

This would be a good idea. They could even put space mining and high end, special loot mobs in the PVP areas. I would also suggest more 3D aspect to the space map with warps planned by xyz coordinates and Space Pilot skills must be maxed to use certain spacecraft efficiently.

I would also suggest more 3D aspect to the space map with warps planned by xyz coordinates and Space Pilot skills must be maxed to use certain spacecraft efficiently.

Yeah, make space really 3D and planets as objects so you can fly around or park in an orbit :)

I really would love that.

Space = 3 D

Space
Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:
Galactic transport & space missions.
Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.
Originally Posted Here

And yet again, it gets later and later in the year...

And yet again, it gets later and later in the year...

Imho it's fairly obvious MindArk use Scrum or agile software development methods or some version of that. This is a very powerful methodology that is particularly suited to games/software development and has many advantages. So can't really fault Mindark for using this methodology.

A very simple version of how this works is this:
-make a list of things to do
-prioritise according to what's most urgent or valuable
-work on those first

So it means items low down in the list may never get worked on.
Now it's fairly obvious space is near end/bottom of the list and so it's turn probably will never come until it gets a higher priority.

Imho it's fairly obvious MindArk use Scrum or agile software development methods or some version of that. This is a very powerful methodology that is particularly suited to games/software development and has many advantages. So can't really fault Mindark for using this methodology.

A very simple version of how this works is this:
-make a list of things to do
-prioritise according to what's most urgent or valuable
-work on those first

So it means items low down in the list may never get worked on.
Now it's fairly obvious space is near end/bottom of the list and so it's turn probably will never come until it gets a higher priority.

Rofl ... Come on ... It is a commitment based methodology with contineous improvement mindset.
Seriously ... really ? ;-)

Rofl ... Come on ... It is a commitment based methodology with contineous improvement mindset.
Seriously ... really ? ;-)

The commitment and how exactly you implement continuous improvement depends on the interpretation/flexibility of those in charge of implementing it. So for example iterations of removing bugs could be seen as short term continuous improvement i.e. first version could be extremely bugged, second version critical bugs removed (critical would be deposit/withdraw/rce functions), etc etc. Furthermore further updates on systems can be seen as long term improvements e.g. we have space version one & eventually they'll get round to implementing space version two. Before that we could have small updates etc.

So yes, seriously they are continuously improving are they not? :) -hint you have to look at it in an extremely long term detached way ;)

Edit:
Forgot to mention we don't see most of the iterations of bug removement as that is behind the scenes whilst updates are being worked on which can be seen as continuous improvement within a sprint/cycle/iteration

Last edited:
So yes, seriously they are continuously improving are they not? :) -hint you have to look at it in an extremely long term detached way ;)

No doubt there is ways to adore a stone in the desert for the curves the sand smoothes over the milennia - yet i disagree to consider that the right aproach when it comes to online entertainment in a global market ;)

Back