Question: Afk. Hunting

Reminds me of the time I spent over 5 hours clicking to extract a 2k ped Lyst back in ??2006??. Would have hated to hit a 3999 Lyst/Oil back then.

Back on topic, I see no problem with this style of hunting, as it doesn't really give a player any advantage (other than obviously being able to do things outside of the game)

you have no idea what ypu are talking about..
Some ppl HIRE people to hunt with their ava just couse they have a good setup & get TT profit..
Who ever I see "AFK hunting", in other words, use a bot.. I will KS
Several ppl with highend gear have been banned in the past for this, & I'm not talking about a temp ban.
OFC MA won't say shit when you ask them, just like in my last SC where they blatantly said after being looted in pvp by a cheater, even IF we know he's cheating, we can't/won't refund you.. we won't even tell you if we gave him a warning or something else like a temp ban..

you have no idea what ypu are talking about..
Some ppl HIRE people to hunt with their ava just couse they have a good setup & get TT profit..
Who ever I see "AFK hunting", in other words, use a bot.. I will KS
Several ppl with highend gear have been banned in the past for this, & I'm not talking about a temp ban.
OFC MA won't say shit when you ask them, just like in my last SC where they blatantly said after being looted in pvp by a cheater, even IF we know he's cheating, we can't/won't refund you.. we won't even tell you if we gave him a warning or something else like a temp ban..

who told you that "afk hunting = using bot"???

using macro's or a bot, all same category for me.. you are either actively playing or you are using a programmed thing to let it play for you..

using macro's or a bot, all same category for me.. you are either actively playing or you are using a programmed thing to let it play for you..

you probably don't know what afk hunting mean..

i guess you didn't even read the op's first post..

I did read the op, gotta draw the line somewhere... i could hunt afk on cp etc also..
I can sweat 24/7 afk.. I can mobtrain the rig 24/7..
Is this really what we want?

& yes, I've seen ppl hunt 'afk' on eviscerator etc.. you can be damn sure I will KS them, even if it means I have to buy an L gun to have more dps..

Guess that's the risk of playing while doing other shit

I stand on the side against afk hunting, don't like the idea of it. its one thing using autotool and going for a drink or toilet break... but anything longer, nah. autotool should disengage after 2 minutes

Reactions: das
I did read the op, gotta draw the line somewhere... i could hunt afk on cp etc also..
I can sweat 24/7 afk.. I can mobtrain the rig 24/7..
Is this really what we want?

& yes, I've seen ppl hunt 'afk' on eviscerator etc.. you can be damn sure I will KS them, even if it means I have to buy an L gun to have more dps..

Guess that's the risk of playing while doing other shit

op's thread is to discuss things about afk hunting (staying afk shooting in the same spot where the mob keep respawning again and again, using toogle auto-use tool + auto loot pills) not about bot using or macro using or whatever you have in your mind, so focus in the subject if it's to comment..

AFK hunting? Isn't that what made for illegal HunterZ back in the day?

My, how times have changed.

Reactions: das

i think it was illegal to use clickers for afk crafting too in the past, but now MA made a tool to make it legal.. same with the toogle auto-use tool + auto loot pills, am i wrong?

i think it was illegal to use clickers for afk crafting too in the past, but now MA made a tool to make it legal.. same with the toogle auto-use tool + auto loot pills, am i wrong?

can you set a button to kill 100 mobs?
NO?
Time to ask yourself it this iw what the feature was developed for..
I'm all for auto-tool..
I used to hunt 12-16h/day with an I287, I know how many clicks that was..:laugh:

Exactly the case, Tex and others (almost whole soc) got banned. Court actions and many years later....
...we have afk bot hunters, macro users and probably even more that i cant even think of. Unfortunately MA doesnt do anything :(

Exactly the case, Tex and others (almost whole soc) got banned. Court actions and many years later....
...we have afk bit hunters, macro users and probably even more that i cant even think of. Unfortunately MA doesnt do anything :(

In fairness, as others have said, it seems most of those new afk-hunters are using ingame actions, exactly as they were meant to be used.

However, if anyone's still using out-of-game macros/etc., even in combo with those ingame features, then yeah, they're guilty of doing the same thing that crew did.

Hello all.

Maybe most of you allready know about this, but i only just discovered this recently comming to Cyrene.

I found these mob spawns, fairly public located, where people are AFK hunting. Yes where people are hunting while not near theyr computer. The mobs spawn at the exact same spot few seconds after its killed. And the afk. Hunters only come back atleast once an hour to take a new loot pill, and then continue the grind.

I did write few supports to MA, but didnt really get a clear answer other then they said that you have to be present while hunting.

My question is to you all, what you think about this? is this fine, or should MA change the spawns?

Im aware that people doing this have to be propably oveprotected in armor. But still being able to skill up in hunting while making dinner, watching TV with the misses, go to the gym ect. ?

Cheers

As many have misunderstood your question here and are going off on bot and what not. Sorry to say what you are doing here is working with an exploit wish sorry to say Cyrene has many and why so many are liking it right now.

But with that said shooting at a mob while away is no issue since you are not using any tool to auto aim. But again what you ARE doing is working with an exploit that yes if MA found out about what you been doing you could get banned for it.

Yes, they are.

(While Taco is often overreacting, this stuff is real)

This is true on both accounts.

Wish I could afk hunt because it sure is a bitch sitting in a chair for 10 hours. Lol.

And oztwo, I'll sell you some punctuation for 5 ped.

Back