Info: Folks, I have a plea - some1 who is now crafting for life to write professional crafting guide.

Pratahn

Guardian
What exactly I mean - with maths and such, incl professional levels and BP levels etc. And with the recent information - the web is full with "crafting guides" 10 years old when the grass was greener and the sky was etc etc etc... .Also every so called crafting guide explains u need a crafting machine, a BP and mats... which is great info if u don't intend to craft and useless if u decide to learn the profession seriously.
Just a couple of example questions:
1. Most of the guide state u have to have zillions of professional levels to be able to craft successfully. At the same time I was told this is a long outdated info and now u need only +5 prof levels over the level of the BP itself (or is it over the recommended level?) to get the max possible effect.
2. From what I see the max success rate (QR100 and sufficient prof level) gives max success rate of 95% which is, bluntly said, a lie. From the small experience I have and from talks with other crafters the success rate seems to be slightly over 35% and the fail rate is just under 25%. How then it is possible to craft with 0,38 (MU incl) PED mats and receive item for 0,392 PED and 106% MU when successful and still make small profit from 100 clicks run (and I know at least one player which does it)?

PS. And please - do not spam the thread. Yes, I am a noob and yes, I am ashamed of it, and yes, I know nothing, so no need to point it out.

What exactly I mean - with maths and such, incl professional levels and BP levels etc. And with the recent information - the web is full with "crafting guides" 10 years old when the grass was greener and the sky was etc etc etc... .Also every so called crafting guide explains u need a crafting machine, a BP and mats... which is great info if u don't intend to craft and useless if u decide to learn the profession seriously.
1. Most of the guide state u have to have zillions of professional levels to be able to craft successfully. At the same time I was told this is a long outdated info and now u need only +5 prof levels over the level of the BP itself (or is it over the recommended level?) to get the max possible effect.
2. From what I see the max success rate (QR100 and sufficient prof level) gives max success rate of 95% which is, bluntly said, a lie. From the small experience I have and from talks with other crafters the success rate seems to be slightly over 35% and the fail rate is just under 25%. How then it is possible to craft with 0,38 (MU incl) PED mats and receive item for 0,392 PED and 106% MU when successful and still make small profit from 100 clicks run (and I know at least one player which does it)?

PS. And please - do not spam the thread. Yes, I am a noob and yes, I am ashamed of it, and yes, I know nothing, so no need to point it out.

If you are on caly, Component BP Book 1 Bp's (apart from the exp bp), when the blueprint is maxed the crafting machine says 90%. For component BP Book 2 Bp's, when the blueprint is maxed the crafting machine says 95%.

The 90, and 95% are nonesense numbers apart from telling you, that you max the blueprint.

Book1 bps (again apart from the exp bps) can be maxed from skills alone.
Book2 bps can only be maxed with a QR of 91ish or more. I.E. 0.91 Quality Rating. (And sufficient skills)

Once a bp is maxed that is it, you will not gain anything more with extra skills or QR.

Apart from that, no crafter is going to give any secret formulas i am afraid.

Do some tests and use excel to record your results. This will give you an idea of what is needed.

Rgds

Ace

Oh and some will suggest, repairing to gain skills. This in my opinion is a complete waste of time and peds. You gain no knowledge from vehicle repairing. It is a 'cost only' way of gaining skills. You get nothing in return.

Monria isnt a bad place to test out low level bps, because of the repeatable mission reward. Engineering skill gain reward.

Rgds

Ace

The 90, and 95% are nonesense numbers apart from telling you, that you max the blueprint.

1-succes percentage = % of complete failures.

:)

95% = successes + near missess? Apart from exp bp I, cause it has too low tt cost of click?

Rgds

Ace

Ah yes, the thing with blueprints with a low cost is that tt returns get rounded down. So a near succes of 0.9 pec automatically becomes a failed because the lowest tt return the machine can give is a 1 pec residue.

Ah yes, the thing with blueprints with a low cost is that tt returns get rounded down. So a near succes of 0.9 pec automatically becomes a failed because the lowest tt return the machine can give is a 1 pec residue.

LOL... So if the click is 0,30 PED with 95% success the failures really will be only 5%? Nice. Now the things start to look reasonable. Until now the only craft I did was to finish my discipleship on Monria daily bonus mission with EP BP I.

LOL... So if the click is 0,30 PED with 95% success the failures really will be only 5%? Nice. Now the things start to look reasonable. Until now the only craft I did was to finish my discipleship on Monria daily bonus mission with EP BP I.

Yes its 5% failures if you don´t move slider towards condition, but a near success on a 0,30 / click BP could also be 1-5 pec.
You will have a lot more near success than success and many of that will be substantial loss compared to the 0,30 you put in.

Crafting on Monria for the engeneering skill gain, is very smart, as engeneering is one of the most important skills in crafting.

So tell me pls, how many prof levels over the recommended lvl of the BP QR 100 are needed to get the max success rate of 95%?

So tell me pls, how many prof levels over the recommended lvl of the BP QR 100 are needed to get the max success rate of 95%?

For the ones with success rate of 95%, you need 91 Quality rating and above, and 6, or so, levels above recommended...i think.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: not to be confused with limited blueprints, (set number of clicks), these are maxed only through skills

EDIT: for 90% ones, you can max these with lower proffessional standing if you have a 100 QR.

But the exact numbers i forget now. Look on auction for 100 QR blueprints and see which ones you max

Last edited:
I think i am wrong on level requirements, look through the crafting subforum. All the answers are there.

Rgds

Ace

Oh and some will suggest, repairing to gain skills. This in my opinion is a complete waste of time and peds. You gain no knowledge from vehicle repairing. It is a 'cost only' way of gaining skills. You get nothing in return.

Though I agree that you do not gain any intrinsic knowledge of crafting from doing Vehicle Repair, you do gain large amounts of actual Crafting skills from Repair Skilling at a very much cheaper rate than standing in front of a crafting machine and running filters for hours.

EDIT: for 90% ones, you can max these with lower proffessional standing if you have a 100 QR.

You mean some BP can only be maxed up to 90%, not to 95%?
How to distinguish which one is which? And are those 5% less success rate compensated in some way?

Last edited:
There are SIB and non-SIB blueprints.

This accounts for some of the differences.

You mean some BP can only be maxed up to 90%, not to 95%?
How to distinguish which one is which? And are those 5% less success rate compensated in some way?

On Caly;

Component Book 1, all have max 90%, non sib, blueprints, (apart from exp blu, which are 95%, sib)
Component Book 2, all have max 95%, sib, blueprints

TT returns are the same, as far as my spreadsheet goes, for both SIB and NONSIB blueprints.....as i said earlier, you need to do your own tests. So you can work out what % you need to sell stuff at. But just like a spanner in the works, not all blueprints give the same tt of success.

For example, one blueprint might give you:
Item: 45%, Residue 45%
While another gives you
Item: 55%, Residue 35%

Same tt return, just a different split. Be prepared to do a LOT of clicks. But only record results for maxed blueprints.

Bear in mind, people have clicked the crafting machine for years, to work out %'s for different blueprints.

Oh and if you hit a big one, do not think, I can sell this stuff cheap now. It doesnt, everything works on average markup. Sell as high as you can, for EVERYTHING you make. Otherwise your average markup on selling will plummet and you won't last long.

Not that crafting is an easy profession in the first place. Look at what sells regularly on auction and start with those, (The low level, stuff), you won't lose too much and will give you an idea of how it all works.

This will also show you how idiotic people are and how most just craft stuff for the big win and undersell everything at a loss. Very painful for players that are trying to make it as a proffession.

Excel is your friend.

Rgds

Ace

This will also show you how idiotic people are and how most just craft stuff for the big win and undersell everything at a loss. Very painful for players that are trying to make it as a proffession.

Ace

This ^^ I see all the time , people are just so desperate for a sale trying to recoup losses and dont realise cheaper in the long run is not the best way.

Just found out - when the crafting start, the crafting machine calculates in the available materials everything which is in the storage too... What can be done to prevent the crafting machine from pulling mats from the storage?

Last edited:
Book2 bps can only be maxed with a QR of 91ish or more. I.E. 0.91 Quality Rating. (And sufficient skills)

Ace

I just checked - bought QR 93 BP and with 7 lvls more then recommended profession had only 94,5% success rate.
So either the QR 91 is not enough or the prof level is needed to be more then 7 lvl higher.

Just found out - when the crafting start, the crafting machine calculates in the available materials everything which is in the storage too... What can be done to prevent the crafting machine from pulling mats from the storage?

You need to move to another planet yourself or the materials you want to preserve.

to the OP,
The difference I see for limited products, while I'm climb in the crafting profession, is the quantity of residue I need for a full condition result. Higher you are, less residue is needed and you gain some extra pec from the final (L) product. (just to add a parameter at the info)

As about repairing activity. You don't gain vehicle repairing skill only. Some claim is waist of money and that's their right. I don't see it that way. There is another way to skill up a bit faster, it named Explosives Projectiles, like it or not.

Last edited:

The ideea is to lose money so u can get skills and smile on your skills .. because the profit will never exist ..
Whoever tells you that + x lvl on skills and + 100% QR BP is 95% success rate, is horibly wrong , those ppl just advertise for the game .. is marketing , nothing else. i think the average succes rate in best scenarios is 50%

Last edited:
Go explosive to build up residue.

Unfortunately crafting is one of the most competitive professions you can get into. Because of this most successful crafters keep to themselves with what tricks they have learned over the years, as practices are generally paid for in trial and error over a career.

I can say though to be successful has very little to do with crunching the numbers to make them make sense, and alot more to do with volume and markups.

Overall success is roughly 40% despite what you may read.( Profits and gains come more from globals and hofs on quality and bp loot than they do running condition.)

Here is a summary of crafting loots I tracked in the course of 8 months to confirm this, which is mainly quality only runs: (MA has since broken the system I created to collect this data from the game ...can't cut/paste the results anymore)

The total ped returned over the life of data collection is: 1,122,129.28 PED ($112,212.93)

The total running average over the life of data collection is: 41.3495167081 %

Wish you luck, I highly recommend a way to track your runs to see visually how you do, You will pick up on and be aware of your success much easier.

Last edited:
I just checked - bought QR 93 BP and with 7 lvls more then recommended profession had only 94,5% success rate.
So either the QR 91 is not enough or the prof level is needed to be more then 7 lvl higher.

My apologies, this should now be classed as old school :)

Yes, i ageree from teh looks of it, you need a qr of 100 to get the full 95% success rate (95% success rate includes near's)

Rgds

Ace

Back