FYI: MA, how about Cape Corynth?

Kemp

Stalker
Society
Via Dolorosa
Benevolent Kempuh Kemp
Dear MindArk,

I mean, common, what the hell did you do with Cape Corynth?

Since 2009, a lot has changed. Making me play less and less, and definitely without a deposit.
(Check my last deposit in October 2009 against most recent withdrawal last year...)

Recently I have been playing a bit more again.
I cannot seem to forget "I have never seen a sky look that alien".
MA, you had and have gold in your hands, but you do not seem to understand how to really cash it (atm my playing funds is 10 ped total, it used to be 2k a month...).

Tonight I determined to get me back my Teleporter of Cape Corynth.
Don't ask me what I think of losing it during the many transitions you did on my beloved planet...
I mean, Cape Corynth, common, how can it not be in my teleporter list?

My sweet and relaxing Corynth. Always has been a good hangout.
Bar in the hills, peer, Groene Draeck Society meetings.
The beach, the treasure hunts, the boxers and bikinis, the jolly good times...

It disappeared from my TP map somewhere last years and tonight I found it again.
Did I really find it? No!!

I found some over-designed, empty modern "city", populated by NPCs...
And really, what on earth did you think when putting the market boots somewhere along the "main" road, surrounded by crappy graphical boxes and Industrial crap. Just because you have an obligation towards the owners to put them there after a redesign...
It really looks like they are put there because you have to, not because you want to. It looks like you really rather would have gotten rid of them. Those pesky possessions of those damn players...
I mean, common, the market boots were badly positioned in the "old" Corynth, but at least together they looked like a market. Now they look like rubbish and most are deserted...
How about the feel of activity...?!

Dear MindArk, when will you ever let the design of my beloved planet be handled again by people with heart and understanding of players needs and feels?
And not by programmers, accountants or even worse, both!!
I would even say, bring back Marco Behrmann. Maybe a difficult financial period back then.
But your Universe had a spirit!
These days it seems to be developed by technocrats...

Bring back the feeling! Put Dev hours into connection between players and your organisation, instead of into designing SH*T no one (read NO ONE) cares about.
An empty Corynth, with straight edge NPCs says it all.
When I screamed, "GIMME A BEER" in the pretty nicely designed fashionable bar, nobody responded. On a Friday night that is... In Cape Corynth...

Yours sincerely, Kemp

Last edited:
It took you quite a while to notice the change :D

My last irritation regarding Corinth (already redesigned) was caused by moving the tp outside, making CC not so convenient for quick visits to terminals - not only for me apparently, because it wasn't deserted before the change, far from it. But even this change is already an event of distant history.

Dear MindArk, when will you ever let the design of my beloved planet be handled again by people with heart and understanding of players needs and feels?
And not by programmers, accountants or even worse, both!!
I would even say, bring back Marco Behrmann. Maybe a difficult financial period back then.
But your Universe had a spirit!
These days it seems to be developed by technocrats...

Bring back the feeling! Put Dev hours into connection between players and your organisation, instead of into designing SH*T no one (read NO ONE) cares about.
/signed

:yup:

Ya, wtf, CC on the beach was Jessica and my hangout for YEARS! I had my hanger south of there and loved it because the trox would eat all the noobs on the way to the ship! :D Now I don't go there anymore because it makes me all sad to think about what was, and what it was replaced with. :rolleyes:

It looked sparse in these pics, but it was my simple sandy home and I miss it and those days very much :(

PS, CC shop can was always a hub of activity, always lots of avatars in the shop can chatting away in general chat, with lots of avatar speak going on in the background, "oh dobbie dobbie doh. Oh no no no no. Noshieble!" On some active days it was so busy you couldn't even hardly get close enough to the auctioneer to use it, you had to zoom out in third person and pull of a tab to interact with. There were always swirlies going on from the crafters. When it got quiet Jessica would fire up some arber sights and hof away and people would gratz all over chat. When you stepped outside the shop can, there was usually a lot of activity in the pvp/skilling ring and avatars sliding around on their butts! You could also find folks just hanging out on the railing of the nearby building or just sitting on the beach passing the time. Memories.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more!
Svarog also has good point!

Small point. Mindark didn't do anything with Cape Corinth. Planet Calypso developers did.

Small point. Mindark didn't do anything with Cape Corinth. Planet Calypso developers did.

Dose it bug you, when people refer to MA and not the caly pp?

Dose it bug you, when people refer to MA and not the caly pp?

It does not but you are directing your feedback to the wrong people which does not help your case if you want to change it. It shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how this game is constructed and that does not work in the OP's favor to be successful in this game.

It does not but you are directing your feedback to the wrong people which does not help your case if you want to change it. It shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how this game is constructed and that does not work in the OP's favor to be successful in this game.

geeeeez, now one has to be knowledgeable of the games construction, as well as all the other game play nuances to be successful in EU. mistaking who was responsible for changes to Cape Corinth hardly effects one's success in EU, that's a bit of a reach, IMO

Do you realy believe this?

Despite the commercial/accounting "trick" is still MA's planet
"they can't hide behind their finger"

As about OP I can agree even if I didn't lived that era he's reffered to.
But cannot see any meaning or use to the current design.
Seems so uselless. Dunno if they have something in mind for the next decade or so.

Last edited:
You will always have this kind of problem with redesigns. Some players don't like it and think it was better before, some like it, a lot don't care.

It's not strange if Calypso is not developed as much as before, because these days with the planet-partner system the revenue from the game is going to the development of multiple planets. The resources are limited, when it was only Calypso the revenue and work could be focused on Calypso, not anymore.

Couldn't agree more with you Kemp ....

I miss as much Minopolis that was my "home" TP . made me think I stay in some Mediterranean village by the sea ... Good ol' times :(

Reactions: Mac
MA is looking much further ahead than all of us.
They simply creating huge towns (that now seems to be deserted) in anticipation of massive new players influx after ComPets is launched ;p

MA is looking much further ahead than all of us.
They simply creating huge towns (that now seems to be deserted) in anticipation of massive new players influx after ComPets is launched ;p

So they didn't learn anything from Hadesheim? :laugh:

to OP
Ahh c'mon; Cape Corinth and the new player missions are at least something they did. You might not like it, but it gives the new players something nice. Maybe try the new player mission; it's basically free (well, you actually end up with more ped than you started with); and it is mildly fun.

Many old players still see Caly being run by MA and lets face its a very thin line between the two. Do you really think the caly dev team is going to be put out by being reffered to as MA. "OMG how dare they call us MA! Do they not know we are Caly dev team. Well we not listening to theses noobs".

I have been in and out of the game for years and so when I saw this thread I was like :scratch2: .

So I went to look. And yes, the old beachside town I remember is gone. :(

But I can see the attraction of designing it so that there's a massive landing platform so that people have to get ships to make the town of any use. Of course.:mad:

MindArk still runs this whole show. Nobody else.

Still waiting for the promise that all apartments, estates, etc. be moved back to the pre-vu 10 spots. It ain't gonna happen, of course... Cape already got re-revised in how it looks at least once or twice, and Port Atlantis got re-revised at least 3 times (or was it 4). Might be time to stop messing with re-doing the same damn cities over and over and start looking at the rest of the planet. I think there's still apartments out in the suburbs that have the estate developer's name on the terminals, apartments with weeds growing up in the basements since devs didn't think to do anything pre-thought about where to plop down the buildings after vu 10. I haven't visited Omegaton in years, but last time I did they still had some booths hanging from the ceiling instead of being on the floor, so they were completely inaccessible. At least the ones in Cape can be reached without having to pull out a bulldozer to dig through 30 feet of sand or weeds...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...o-Rocktropia&p=3215850&viewfull=1#post3215850 (I think they may have fixed a couple of those pics after months/years of support tickets on em, but ignored everywhere else in the planet that has similar problems)

Back