Help: Invest in Level 5-7 UL Mining amp, yey or ney?

Azgal

Dominant
Society
The House - OLAL
Sebastian Azgal Stork
Greetings to everyone who took their time by clicking the link :yay:

So after much thinking and clueing during my recent mining months,..
(of which haven't been good at all but thats another matter :cool:)

Edit: Past 2 months of mining on Monria for the event, of which I had no interest in profit more than to win the event.

I'm really considering to invest in a UL mining amp.
(Level 5 and up..)

The real questions I have is,

Is it going to change my way of mining much, do I need to mine a lot to make profit of the non-mu everytime I repair it? And so on and so forth..

But the big elephant in the room is really this -

Is it worth it?

Love to hear your thoughts and create a discussion.

My kindest regards, Azgal

Edit: Entropians with/owned already unlimited amps maybe could give a good insight aswell to help a fellow miner :)

Last edited:
Do you have a solid bankroll and are you doing well now with the limited versions? If the answer is no to either of these, then no it isn't worth it.

This tool saves you markup on the amps you use. You do not gain magical powers to make millions because you have it. It is just that you are rent paying the markup on the amps to anyone to do what you've already been doing.

When I had the ul7, I saved 9k of amps of markup in thr 2 months I had it.. but I still sucked at it... just sucked less.

Do you have a solid bankroll and are you doing well now with the limited versions? If the answer is no to either of these, then no it isn't worth it.

This tool saves you markup on the amps you use. You do not gain magical powers to make millions because you have it. It is just that you are rent paying the markup on the amps to anyone to do what you've already been doing.

When I had the ul7, I saved 9k of amps of markup in thr 2 months I had it.. but I still sucked at it... just sucked less.

Hey Fivedolla,

Yeah bankroll checks out, cannot say the same about my returns.
(Although I have just been mining on Monria this past month during the event. So I haven't been expecting to profit at all.)

But if I would have said Yes, would that change anything?

That's my interpretetion aswell of the UL, only ped I'm really gonna profit of - is the MU/Ped I save each time I buy a limited one...

Well UL amps are the most economical way to drop more ped in a shorter time span. Basically its a tool to increase output(and input) and if you can via MU make that output land in the green that green would just be bigger with a UL amp. The same thing is of course true if you are running in the red.

My advice would be to find a way to be profitable without it and have that as your first step. Once you are profitable just upp the volume with step two, the UL amp. Without the first step the second one dosnt really make sense though as you would upp the volume as well as your lose.

Good luck with the mining!
Jonas

I am no way a ubur miner and probably seen as noob compared to others, but I do OK. I have spoken to shee who owns ul 7 and little z. They both recommend ul amps as they can save you ped in long run. What size I guess depends on your style of mining. I don't use big amps I more than happy with L2, so my goal is to get a L2 amp ul.

If you cannot profit with (L) do not buy UL. It's that simple.

Try mining somewhere other than Monria and see if your profit increases.

If you don't care about losing money, and you just want to "lose less money" per click, then UL is a great idea :cool:

I will not comment one way or he other on it as I am just not that smart on the subject but there was a thread in the price check sub-forum late last year that had good discussion on the topic.

In particular, look at the third post in the thread from Andy who gave a great breakdown on how much you need to drop with a UL amp for it to truly be a savings compared to L amps. While there was some debate (like always) on what he posted it is a good starting point for you to make your own decision: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?279312-PC-UL-Mining-Amps

I am no way a ubur miner and probably seen as noob compared to others, but I do OK. I have spoken to shee who owns ul 7 and little z. They both recommend ul amps as they can save you ped in long run. What size I guess depends on your style of mining. I don't use big amps I more than happy with L2, so my goal is to get a L2 amp ul.

And I am still hold on to it for you :- so hurry up lol!

Ask ingame true miners who turnover a lot might be the best thing you can do right now.
Asking here won't help you much.Most people posting here are inactive or don't give you important information.
You can simply check their entropialife tracker.

Got the time, bankroll, love for the game , determination to become one of the best? Go for it.:wtg:

And I am still hold on to it for you :- so hurry up lol!

Yes I know I was in your shop brought 1 amp, but when I tried to buy the other. It kept coming up in suffericant funds. I was only 8k short lol.

If you can't do well with (L), no point buying UL is what i would say. There is no *magic of the amp* as some owners tend to believe/say. Also if u are looking to invest in an amp, then u need to have the appropriate bankroll and the time as well.

Personally, if you have to ask this question I would suggest not going into it yet as by the time u actually need a ul amp you would not have to ask this as a question.

My 2 cents,

Divinity

If you can profit while mining unamped, with UL finders, then you will do well with an UL amp.

You have to find an average of over 110% markup in resources (90% return) in order to make it worthwhile. :wise:

if you have to ask --> no, big unl amps are not for you, learn profitable mining first, learn your areas, finders and numbers, collect numbers: markup, tt returns, further costs... over at least 50 K drops

Well UL amps are the most economical way to drop more ped in a shorter time span. Basically its a tool to increase output(and input) and if you can via MU make that output land in the green that green would just be bigger with a UL amp. The same thing is of course true if you are running in the red.

My advice would be to find a way to be profitable without it and have that as your first step. Once you are profitable just upp the volume with step two, the UL amp. Without the first step the second one dosnt really make sense though as you would upp the volume as well as your lose.

Good luck with the mining!
Jonas

Hey Jonas!

Thanks for your input and I like what you say about each step.
Thats something to look at for sure.

Hey Bigdaddy,

Cool - it's what I've been thinking aswell.
It's a matter of preference aswell.

If you cannot profit with (L) do not buy UL. It's that simple.

Try mining somewhere other than Monria and see if your profit increases.

If you don't care about losing money, and you just want to "lose less money" per click, then UL is a great idea :cool:

Hey ZPF,

I don't know If I explained myself in the wrong way.
I only said that my returns were bad currently,
and that's beacuse I'm on Monria during the event.

As I said to Fivedolla.
Thanks for you input ZPF :)

I will not comment one way or he other on it as I am just not that smart on the subject but there was a thread in the price check sub-forum late last year that had good discussion on the topic.

In particular, look at the third post in the thread from Andy who gave a great breakdown on how much you need to drop with a UL amp for it to truly be a savings compared to L amps. While there was some debate (like always) on what he posted it is a good starting point for you to make your own decision: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?279312-PC-UL-Mining-Amps

Heya Fyrs,

Read that section as you linked it.
Good info for sure that have made up my mind a bit.

Thanks!

Got the time, bankroll, love for the game , determination to become one of the best? Go for it.:wtg:

That sentence suits me the absolute best,
thanks for the input mate :D

if you have to ask --> no, big unl amps are not for you, learn profitable mining first, learn your areas, finders and numbers, collect numbers: markup, tt returns, further costs... over at least 50 K drops

As I stated before,

I should change my way of writing I guess.
A lot of people think I don't profit when mining.

What I meant was, my last 2 months haven't been something to hang in the tree...
But that's beacuse I've been bombing on Monria during the event.

I haven't expected to profit or go even at all.

A lot of good inputs of everyone, thanks for that :)

But I see most people think that I'm not in any way profit or even can the basics of it.

I should rephrase instead;

I got more time ahead of me, and I was only doing bad beacuse of an event,
of which I had no beliefs of profit/brake even..

I'm just trying to figure out if I should invest in a UL amp, 120k+
beacuse mining is what I'm doing, and plan to only do in the future.

or

to invest in something other, like AUDs/CLDs.
If it's longterm good investment(?)
(since I DO have a good bankroll and Im profiting, even though not that much.)

Thanks guys, Azgal

But I see most people think that I'm not in any way profit or even can the basics of it.

If you have the basics you can easily calc it, it cant save your more then this few % markup on the (L)-amps. The big questions with mining is only how markups will devlop and I wouldnt bet 10 K $ on this one

Considering personal profitability of your current mining habits (excluding Monria event stuff of course) has been covered enough here I think. Its been brought up a bit by some, but the other question is how often do you plan to mine and how intensely?

In my case, I'll probably be done playing in about 5 years, and I am not online daily. If that weren't the case, an unlimited amp would be a wise investment for me. With my current playing habits though, I'm just not going to get enough drops to get the return to make putting up that much money worth it.

If you have the basics you can easily calc it, it cant save your more then this few % markup on the (L)-amps. The big questions with mining is only how markups will devlop and I wouldnt bet 10 K $ on this one

Thanks Dolly,

That was what I was trying to figure out.
If it's worth investing in this, or to invest in something else.

Considering personal profitability of your current mining habits (excluding Monria event stuff of course) has been covered enough here I think. Its been brought up a bit by some, but the other question is how often do you plan to mine and how intensely?

In my case, I'll probably be done playing in about 5 years, and I am not online daily. If that weren't the case, an unlimited amp would be a wise investment for me. With my current playing habits though, I'm just not going to get enough drops to get the return to make putting up that much money worth it.

Hey Kingofaces, thanks for replying.

I mine as much as I can.
(40hrs a week job but rest of my awake hours goes into Entropia.
So that would be approx. 6 hours each day in the middle of the week and over 6hrs a day in weekends, mostly)

How intense I mine is determined how good the loot returns seems to be on every run.
I usually just mine but change areas instead.

Essentially, the faster I drop and cycle - the faster I'm gonna "pay the amp off" in MU.
That's why I'm considering getting one.

Cheers, Azgal

I would say not anymore.

Main reason: The markups of amps in previous years could justify owning an UL to save upon.

Now, not so much. Residue is 101% instead of 118%....residue is the primary driving factor in cost for most amps.

When you could save 14% each amp on level 7 or 18% on 5's it makes sense.

level 5's are practically tt food now, level 7 a little markup but 108ish.. would take alot of amps at 6 ped of markup to cover an UL price.

In my opinion.

I would say not anymore.

Main reason: The markups of amps in previous years could justify owning an UL to save upon.

Now, not so much. Residue is 101% instead of 118%....residue is the primary driving factor in cost for most amps.

level 5's are practically tt food now, level 7 a little markup but 108ish.. would take alot of amps at 6 ped of markup to cover an UL price.

In my opinion.

Hey Forgo,

Thanks for your input and time.

I'm gonna take some time and consider it now or not.
Exactly what you are saying-

It will take some time to get back the peds for the amp on raw MU.
With my calculation it will take over 3yrs going through 15 amps each day.

I would say not anymore.

In my opinion.

I disagree. Lvl 5 amp mu doesnt justify owning a ul lvl 5, however imo the ul 7 and 8 is worth it at the right price.

If you mine a lot and generally use up 10+ amps daily, you are looking to save 30k+ ped anually. The item retains its value and a profitable miner just gets that much more ped.

Post explosives.. I saved 10000 ped of markup using ul7 for 2 months. That is still true today if I still had it.

also if the MU on ores goes up the MU on the crafted amps will go up as well

i owned what is now called UL5

but back then narc was >160% so it was very easy profit

I use a formula based on the following:

(Cost of UL amp / (cld or aud price)) * annual returns == POC (Passive Opportunity Cost)
[Annual Amps consumed] * ampMU (L) - (Present Value of POC) - (other costs) == PS (Potential Savings)

PS > POC UL amp good value
PS <= POC UL amp poor value

Assumptions:
Capital costs are stable (no gains, no losses). Purchase price = Sale price of the UL amp or CLD/AUD.

Comments on formula:
The subtraction of the PV of POC is because with (L) amps you will invest the funds (Cost of UL amp) not used weekly to pay for the (L) amps as Passive Returns.

This is the raw formula. It can be tuned with some additional values, but above shows the general idea.

Last edited:
Back