Explosive Projectiles Blueprint I returns

maxwellhawk

Prowler
Society
Damage Inc.
max hawk phoenix
I have been using the EP1 bp to make projectiles to hunt with and get the manufacturing skills (or I'd just buy them on the market - they are much cheaper then making them). Most of my runs have been 20 ped runs and I've got my BP to .96 - so i have been using it for awhile. The only issue I have with doing this is the returns. I have never had a break even run, in fact I don't believe I've had a a run with return over 75%. My manufacturing skills aren't the best but they should be sufficient enough to get a better return then 75% at least once in awhile.
Did MA make the returns so low that a person that actually uses the projectiles get screwed. Are they trying to kill the use of projectiles in game? Or is it just my av holding up it's nickname NO LOOT KING.

Or are you crafting on quantity, which you really shouldn't?

ALL crafting with ANY BLUEPRINT is a bit like that at times (no matter where the slider is). Try crafting something else for a while and see if it's any better. Think you are loosing big now, imagine how much you'd be loosing if you paid markup on each ingredient (like most of the folks on this forum want you too since a lot of em are all signing a petition to remove that ep bp that you already paid peds in to to get the qr up, not giving a damn about you, only wanting to line their pockets with your peds in the form of markup)?

It is possible that you haven't cycled enough to get to the magical 90% that some hold as the Bible, although it really isn't (and never really has been)... Try tracking returns, and do about 5 of the ep 1 blueprints from qr 0 to qr 100 and see what happens. At the end, you probably won't be any better off, but you'll at least have 4 qr 100 bps to sell or rent out, lol.

Last edited:
I have been using the EP1 bp to make projectiles to hunt with and get the manufacturing skills (or I'd just buy them on the market - they are much cheaper then making them). Most of my runs have been 20 ped runs and I've got my BP to .96 - so i have been using it for awhile. The only issue I have with doing this is the returns. I have never had a break even run, in fact I don't believe I've had a a run with return over 75%. My manufacturing skills aren't the best but they should be sufficient enough to get a better return then 75% at least once in awhile.
Did MA make the returns so low that a person that actually uses the projectiles get screwed. Are they trying to kill the use of projectiles in game? Or is it just my av holding up it's nickname NO LOOT KING.

Had exactly the same with the lvl 2 version but it does once a year go through a spell of throwing out a few 100peders. Its normally a good source for metal res but tbh id rather buy the big stacks from market works out cheaper.

I asked almost the same question - the problem with BP I is it "kills" most of your "Near success" return. You can get only 1 PEC as "near success" return, so when the dice rolls "near success" with a return between 0 and 1 PEC you instead get a "Failed" with 0 return, and when the dice rolls "near success" with return between 1 PEC and 2 PEC you always get only 1 PEC.

PS. So if the distribution is linear for every 20 PED (1000 clicks) when maxed BP and profession level you should have only 5% fail which means the game "steals" from you about 3,2-3,3 PED per 1000 clicks.

Last edited:
I asked almost the same question - the problem with BP I is it "kills" most of your "Near success" return. You can get only 1 PEC as "near success" return, so when the dice rolls "near success" with a return between 0 and 1 PEC you instead get a "Failed" with 0 return, and when the dice rolls "near success" with return between 1 PEC and 2 PEC you always get only 1 PEC.

PS. So if the distribution is linear for every 20 PED (1000 clicks) when maxed BP and profession level you should have only 5% fail which means the game "steals" from you about 3,2-3,3 PED per 1000 clicks.

That make sense - I guess I need to use the EP II.

ALL crafting with ANY BLUEPRINT is a bit like that at times (no matter where the slider is). Try crafting something else for a while and see if it's any better. Think you are loosing big now, imagine how much you'd be loosing if you paid markup on each ingredient (like most of the folks on this forum want you too since a lot of em are all signing a petition to remove that ep bp that you already paid peds in to to get the qr up, not giving a damn about you, only wanting to line their pockets with your peds in the form of markup)?

It is possible that you haven't cycled enough to get to the magical 90% that some hold as the Bible, although it really isn't (and never really has been)... Try tracking returns, and do about 5 of the ep 1 blueprints from qr 0 to qr 100 and see what happens. At the end, you probably won't be any better off, but you'll at least have 4 qr 100 bps to sell or rent out, lol.

hey it's not like MA would only change the blueprint and change nothing else. two words: universal ammo

20-30% loss per run is normal in quantity crafting. Breaking even on an efficient crafting run in a good day. Profiting is an amazing day. Sometimes the losses are alot worse than 30%, those are not so good days.

Craft them yourself only if you want to skill. If you just want the explosives, I recommend nagging one of the EP4 smashers. :laugh:

If you consistantly get less than 89% returns on EP 1 you are probably doing something wrong.

You need to be at least level 5.
You should use a 100 QR bp.
You need to be able to do runs with more than 3K or 5K clicks if you decide to do so.
You need to learn when to stop.
(and most important and a general rule that will usually applies: you can't expect to pass break even point if you are doing nothing relevant in relation to the other players, for example EP I is great for a particular thing and I don't see many people doing it, myself included, since it isn't worth it for nothing else than doing like 1500 clicks per day)

About condition:
it is possible to global but it is rare (only got 1 so far, 168, had that been on EP IV it would be a ATH)
(a global would be the equivalent of geting a 50K or more on EP IV, and this month there were only 2).

Info for Explosive Projectiles:
Monthly Highest Single Loots
Roy Roy Tyrell 71 879 PED
ben knoxy knox 71 565 PED
EldRaine Sky Learner 28 148 PED
Kunrad Solo Reez 26 835 PED
Illithya Pig Tails 24 983 PED

Geting a multiplier that give more than 10 PED on crafting EP 1 on condition will take in average more than 20K clicks (so don't be counting on it).

Weekly Highest Single Loots
Kunrad Solo Reez 26 835 PED
Mega Omega 77 17 211 PED
EldRaine Sky Learner 16 305 PED
Aurora Linzey Zamperath 14 127 PED
idvali idvali mosu 12 379 PED

Only 5 loots had multipliers this week that would render more than 12.37 PED on crafting EP 1 on condition (while the players were using EP IV)

Last edited:
If you consistantly get less than 89% returns on EP 1 you are probably doing something wrong.

Not true.
I myself often do the Monria craft bonus mission with this BP and until now made near 40k clicks on EP I BP.

The problem there is this BP (and actually every other BP which uses materials for 2 PEC TT value per click) "steals" 3.2 - 3.3 PED from every 1000 clicks. Fully maxed EP I BP gives about 66 - 67 % "Near success" and in those cases it should return more then 0 PEC and less then 2 PEC. But as it cannot return less then 1 PEC it rounds the return down and instead of "near success" it gives out "Failed" AND at the same time when the "near success" return should be between 1 PEC and less then 2 PEC, it rounds it down to 1 PEC.

Or are you crafting on quantity, which you really shouldn't?

yes, this is the question to ask I guess.

Actually a few days ago I decided to do a little experiment.
Buying 2 ped worth of nanocubes and a 75QR EP1 BP.
After 4 runs I'm at 17,11 ped.
So it is actually possible to get good runs.

But this was all done on condition and not quantity.

Sure, it's only 4 short runs with small quantities, but at least its prove that you can have positive runs ;)

*edit*

Just finished my 17,11 ped run and are left with 10,30 ped so it can also swingback hard the other way:eek:

fun idea ;)
going to try same, 20peds on some condition

[edit]
20ped nano, 7.31ped metal res, 7.86ped explo
bp qr 96
lvl 29 mech egineer
varying between the C of condition and the y of quantity

going to try for 12ped-600clicks on full condition
results in one hour ;)

Last edited:
hopefully you guys are doing these 'experiments' on Monria... so that you get the daily... just makes sense to use that skill bonus to 'experiment' with.

hopefully you guys are doing these 'experiments' on Monria... so that you get the daily... just makes sense to use that skill bonus to 'experiment' with.

i'm on arka ;)
in case i loot a resonation amp bp L

i'm on arka ;)
in case i loot a resonation amp bp L

just looted 1 with an EP1 :wtg:

23 clicks left on it. Thats about 50 ped worth.

If it sells for that, I'm at 67 ped (and started with 2).
Not bad return :silly2:

So far the 2 ped experiment goes on....

at the EP1..you have to do it on condition..

Because your near succes..will ofen be under a pec at quality..so they will be a failure.

on condition..you will have the near succes too :)

and it's every BP...with so low value..f.eks some stone texture :)

just looted 1 with an EP1 :wtg:

23 clicks left on it. Thats about 50 ped worth.

If it sells for that, I'm at 67 ped (and started with 2).
Not bad return :silly2:

So far the 2 ped experiment goes on....

so, if you craft EP I on different planets, you receive different gift BP's? I've been doing this on Monria daily for about a month (just after I started playing EU), and I"m almost level 10 in engineering, but I've never gotten a global for crafting EP I, and have the same crappy bp's as reward when i do craft on Monria.

so, if you craft EP I on different planets, you receive different gift BP's? I've been doing this on Monria daily for about a month (just after I started playing EU), and I"m almost level 10 in engineering, but I've never gotten a global for crafting EP I, and have the same crappy bp's as reward when i do craft on Monria.

1.) yes, each planet has it's own BP loot-table.
2.) getting global on EP I, when crafting full quantity should be impossible, because base value is about 2 pec and even with a times 1000 multiplier that's only a 20-22 PED success.
So on EP I moving the slider towards condition (1/3rd?) is needed to if you want to be able to global on it.

1.) yes, each planet has it's own BP loot-table.
2.) getting global on EP I, when crafting full quantity should be impossible, because base value is about 2 pec and even with a times 1000 multiplier that's only a 20-22 PED success.
So on EP I moving the slider towards condition (1/3rd?) is needed to if you want to be able to global on it.

Just make sure that if you are pulling the handle on different planets, that you are doing it on planets with actually ok blueprints... and cross your fingers, toes and eyes in hopes that the bp you want actually drops.

I remember doing a lot on Toulan for a few months way back a while (before graduation for me) and it seemed like almost all blueprints that were being looted welding wire bps and almost nothing else.... Really wish Mindark would change how blueprint loots go so that generic bps like that just show up when on Calypso or something and planet specific bps show up in loot on each planet you are on... or hell, just throw the 'generics' and 'space crap related bps' in to crafting machines on space stations, moons, and asteroids, and 'clean up' the crafting loot on even Calypso by making 'caly only' stuff only loot on caly proper... The 'shared' blueprints clutter up the loot from crafting machines everywhere in game, and have for a long time. Sometimes folks go to other planets to explore the 'strange and new' at least to them... looting nothing but generic bps they already have hundreds of in storage makes planetary travel a not-so-great experience for many, which is one reason a lot never stray too far from Calypso even after venturing to other planets a time or three...

Heck, clean up all the loot tables for all the professions... remove 'generic shared' lootables in to space... would make planets more interesting across the board... imagine a world where when you actually loot something other than shrapnel, it's something only available on that planet... not some same ol shared crap stackable...

Last edited:

Yes, me too.

Welding Wire isn't bad drop for EP I and can make your run worthy (above 75-80 qr)! Arkadia have the chance of resonation amp and that's will be awesome drop.
But if you ask me, I suggest you to use EP-II or even better EP-III.

Last edited:
Back