Pricecheck: Equus

Cyberius CYB

Mature
Society
The Business Club
Cyberius CYB The First
Hello,

i looking to buy perhaps a equus. Woulda ask u community about what u think is it worth ? Perhaps i offer to much or to less ?

i was offer 40k but now not anymore offer. i changed my mind not to buy. to expensiv.

Greetz,

CYB

Last edited:
All equus where sold by MA at 50k.
So i would say this is the min price :wise:

And as long as MA does nothing stupid this will not change

I do love these threads....lol

It's like....I know what people paid, but can people publically support a lower price please.

I would not pay 50K for red quad. I hear with anti grav boxes and other work arounds you can carry a lot more than the quad stats. So maybe potential to get some peds back if you're prepared to work for less an hour than flipping burgers.

I think the interplanetary auction came in after the sale of the red quads....but it was at least announced around the same time, as not to get any backlash for those quad sales.

What do you want to use it for?

MA already announced a space update coming, expect to see tons more new ships. In reality you're probably looking at 2017 though.

It's about supply and demand. I expect demand to be pretty low at 5k dollars and it's likely anyone that bought one won't sell it and take a loss. But that's like most other things in game as well.

Personally I think you could put 50K ped to better use.

If you do buy one, I suggest the owner trades the unl warp and unl thruster as 3 separate items in trade (I remember there being an issue with mother ships if not disengaging these things before trading to new owners)

Rick

The only reasons to buy are:

Fly yourself fast and often
Offer flight service

Those most likely to fly most often are those who spend much money on each planet.

Spending much = much loot
Much loot = high weight
High weight = Not able to utilize Equus properly

The weight issue seriously cramps your potential customer base to one single group: Those flying empty to another planet. This means 90%+ of your customers will be Calypso to somewhere else. And you can't offer them a ride back.

So spend a ton, wait around at Twin, warp customer to planet, warp back alone, rinse, repeat. A LOT to get your money back.

Sell to next potential servicer before a better alternative goes wide spread.

So, 30k.

My Equus was sold for 52k, and I do not think that someone can find cheaper than 50k atm.
With Equus you can move up to 300 kg of weight... if you know how... ;)

By using weight reducing boxes there is no weight limit.
If you stack enough of them any weight can be reduced to 6kg or something like that :wise:

So after investing tons in a ship, you must then invest in lots of anti-grav boxes and what? Give to customers hoping they'll return them when paying? "Rent" them out? What?

So after investing tons in a ship, you must then invest in lots of anti-grav boxes and what? Give to customers hoping they'll return them when paying? "Rent" them out? What?

There was no sales lower than 45k or 46k, as far I know. So no chance (or very-very little chance) to buy cheaper.
Also after purchase in 50k, buying 30x containers for 50 ped each can't be ruinous for budget :laugh:

PS Sometimes I regret that I sold it.

it will stay around 50 K for quite a while because:
- everyone were able to buy one at 50 K, and I guess everyone who really wanted to buy at this price did it
- around noone of theese persons will let it go for much less without some big reasons or changes
so I cant find much room for a lot more or a lot less then those 50 K

At the moment only one interested buyer willing to pay not more than 40 K. It's only matter of time when one of those red quads owners will be in urgent need at let it go at that price. That will start proce fall proces as we witnessed hundreds of times in EU already.

You definitely offer too little. Equus are very profitable if used correctly. Weight issue can be easily solved.

Thanks for posts

Thanks people for posts, i think i not buy anymore a equus because it seems overpriced. I think if the new space mission container thing comes then new ships come too....better wait and see that :)

Greetings,

CYB

IMO collectors item. Worth whatever a collector wishes to pay.

They have their transport uses, albeit limited. If serious transport was your game there are better investments.

MA took a while to sell all of them for their BO. Unsold ones were re-auctioned for many months until eventually they all sold.

I am sure the owners are all very happy with them, and put them to good use or enjoy them as an item.

For investment purposes - if purchased low enough they could be held on to and pending space updates may increase or decrease in value... just like any investment risk.

Id have my eye on one of the original UL quads first :)

Back