The Great Eudoria Run - New Player event!

Status

matthew

Elite
Society
freelancer
Sir Matt Copping
The Great Eudoria Run

2 Week FREE event – April 4th till April 17th

120 PEDS of prizes!

Most Eudorian TPs discovered wins!! :yay:

New to Calypso? Well get your running shoes ready, it’s time to go teleporter running! Spring is in the air and what a wonderful time it is to be out in the countryside, seeing new sights, finding new places and meeting new people (and mobs) along the way!

This event is for new players of agility 30 and under (and only players with agility 30 or under will be eligible for prizes!)!

So what’s the goal?

This event is a race to get as many TPs around Eudoria as possible. At the end of the two week period a prize will be awarded to the participant who logs the most TPs discovered and a running leader board will track all participants activity. We'll also try to keep track of who has the fastest average TP running time as well! All to be crowned TP runner champion 2016 :D.

I suggest using this map as a guide https://sites.google.com/site/noobpowerunit/planets/calypso/eudoria-map. Any TPs within this region (the region of Eudoria and Atlantis Archipelago) are part of the event.

A full list of TPs can be found here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?248083-Calypso-Teleporters but remember only TPs on Eudoria count (this is to limit the chances of you getting stuck at LA's :D).

Prizes for most TPs discovered:

• First place - 50 PED!
  • Second place - 30 PED!
  • Third place - 20 PED!
  • Bonus prize* – most interesting/funny print screen + caption competition (over all entries) 20 PED!

Note: participants who are awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd will not be eligible for the bonus prize.

Categories without prizes – Just for FUN!

• Fastest average time (requires a minimum of 5 TP's to be collected within the event window to be eligible, excluding Mall TP discoveries)

In the event of a draw in any category the prize pool for that category will be split evenly.

How do I log a discovered TP?

At the beginning over the event please print screen and post your map showing your full list of TPs at the lowest level of zoom and roughly centred over Eudoria (i.e. showing as much of Eudoria as possible). If you already have some TPs you may need to scroll down the list and provide a second or third print screen. This print screen/s should also include a visible time stamp (press u) within the event time frame so that no one can get an early start.

Upon collection of each TP please print screen yourself showing off your new TP! So we can see where you got to please make sure the map is open showing your new location and provide a time stamp :D.

When you post the image please also let us know where you ran from! Or if you want print screen yourself at the start and end of the run (this is optional but might be fun to do).

All images must be time stamped and uploaded within the event time frame to be considered. It must be clear to me in the print screens that you didn't have the TP at the start of the event window and made the discovery within the event window.

How do I log a time for each run?

To log a time I invite you to re-log before each TP run (to restart your session time) and ensure your session time is visible upon arrival in your arrival print screen (press u). Or else print screen a time stamp at the beginning of the run and upload it with your completion screen shot which should already include a time stamp.

Please let us know the mode of transport you used as well out of interest :).

Your average TP run time will be calculated from your total running time divided by the total number of TPs you have collected so far (excluding runs to mall TPs as this would greatly reduce the average).

I decided not to provide this category with a prize this year as this might need the most ironing out to get it to work effectively. Hopefully this will be a bit or fun and should provide some useful information about how long the different runs take by different routes and means.

I am interested to know/see the different routes people take and how long they took as well. Only images showing the session time or time stamps at start and finish of the run can be considered for this category.

Bonus prize*

To give everyone a chance and to show off your progress further I invite you all to take print screens of funny/interesting/terrifying situations that you might find yourself on your runs. Please post them on the thread with a brief caption and I’ll award 20 PED to the image+caption which generates the most chatter (I'll count the number of quoted posts your image appears in and award the highest) :)

Can I use cars/other modes of transport?

Yep! You may use any vehicle and addition assistance necessary to get as many TPs as you can. Find a friend or ask your mentor to help bust those pesky mobs or car pool to save some fuel. Do whatever it takes to get as many TPs as possible.

Final notes

Prizes will be awarded after the results have been verified and collected together (this might take two or three days but I will try to keep stuff up to date as we go along).

As this is the first year this event has been run I reserve the right to iron out any unforeseen problems that might occur in the fairest possible way. My word is final on any decisions made.

I will continue to update this post as questions arise.

Good luck and have fun! Please spread the word and lets get as many new players TP running and seeing the sights that calypso has to offer!

If you would like to register for the event please post your full avatar name below and I'll add you to the list :)

Last edited:
Reserved for leader board :)

Leader board

Fastest average time

Participant list

Avatar name - Initial TP count - Final TP count

Total TPs discovered

Last edited:
Updated the prize pool to 120 PED and reduced the length of the event to two weeks to simplify the format. There will now be larger prizes for 1st, 2nd and third place :D.

Pity , thought you were gonna do it the old school way with no vehicles allowed but then a bit hard to check who cheated or not I guess.

Pity , thought you were gonna do it the old school way with no vehicles allowed but then a bit hard to check who cheated or not I guess.

This was the original thought but as you said it would very hard to verify this. I gathered vehicles are a part of EU now, from what I remember all new players receive one at the start as well, so might as well allow them :).

Status
Back