Crafting suggestion

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
This is not meant as a solution. But perhaps on its way to help the crafting proffession. Not about exp bp.

If MA made low level bps needed in higher level bps more. Then this can help a lot with people starting out in the crafting proffession.

I went through all the level 1's and very few are needed in higher lv bp's.

I think this could help, as it would require more resources to craft the same items. And not necessarily increasing the price of final product.

EG in the amps market, this could be a good thing.

Rgds

Ace

I'm in favour of this idea but it does inevitably impact the cost of the higher level items. You see it quite a lot in Arkadian weapons and amps. Insulators are used are lot. My latest batch cost me 175% to make. Intensity Amplifiers and Stimulation Modulators both use Insulators and are then used in higher level amps. My MU on both of those are usually over 200% so I have to price the amps higher to cover that. Cos you know I am not planning to sell at a loss.

But yeah, devs should definitely aim for more of that sort of crafting design.

I'm in favour of this idea but it does inevitably impact the cost of the higher level items. You see it quite a lot in Arkadian weapons and amps. Insulators are used are lot. My latest batch cost me 175% to make. Intensity Amplifiers and Stimulation Modulators both use Insulators and are then used in higher level amps. My MU on both of those are usually over 200% so I have to price the amps higher to cover that. Cos you know I am not planning to sell at a loss.

But yeah, devs should definitely aim for more of that sort of crafting design.

Fair point.

I guess my main idea was to interlink higher bps with lower ones. Not sure the best way to go about it.

Rgds

Ace

I disagree with components specifically, having 1800 different blueprints to choose from. There are a good number that require parts of crafted components.

I do 100% agree that crafting needs an overhaul and balancing.

Some items, (most of the ones worth making) are very difficult to complete due to this issue to be honest. So much that I end up buying components from new crafters on the auction to save my time often. There are 10 that I can think of that I buy regularly to save time and new crafters can make with a nice markup in the beginning.

The time sink and sometimes frustration of needing 1-2 parts and getting 10 failed clicks can be a bit frustrating if you craft religiously like I do, and it happens alot. My auctions are always full at any given time, and I refill sales every time I log in.

My biggest headache is the components. They take too much time, and having stockpiles on hand is a costly affair. I need 10k at least in materials to keep up with the on demand variety of my products.

There are many items that have no use this is true, and any future additions should really be looking at using the bps we already have instead of creating new ones. This is a bigger problem. They add to the system and forget/overwrite the things they had in place.

There are far too many options for the same protection or dps out there. Massive redundancy.

Any time they get an idea they just go for it, without thinking of the things in place, and this is I think one of the more critical problems with the game.....this management team overlooks critical balance issues, while adding new content on top of it all over and over again, only making the problem worse.

Noble idea, it is clear that the blueprint system needs an overhaul and some balance, though I am unsure using more components would really do much for us as a whole.

As it is, the sheer volume of options dilutes sales already.

I agreed 100% and I also I need to extend it within a rule MA should implement and never touched again!
"What is crafted, should be by far superior of what is looted"
Please MA stop ruin this game and make it great as was before.

I agreed 100% and I also I need to extend it within a rule MA should implement and never touched again!
"What is crafted, should be by far superior of what is looted"
Please MA stop ruin this game and make it great as was before.

That !!!
Sadly we have the opposite

Most of the Component I book doesn't require a lot of interlinking, but that Component II book is a different matter. There are a LOT of higher level bps that require lower level bps, not just in components, but in a lot of other books too. If and when they do redesign crafting in another 40 years, changing names of stuff so that they all don't sound alike, especially to newer players might be a good idea too. I think you can see some trends in markup history in auction if you follow it daily on certain blueprints where the similarity in names confuses some folks and they end up with the bp they didn't really want since it was spelled or sounded similar to another they were really aiming to buy, etc.

Yes, a fix to crafting is long overdue... but don't screw up what's already in game too much. There's a lot of folks that have been crafting many years that may not be too happy if you completely screw up their ingredient lists.

crafting needs an overhaul and balancing and someone from mindark shoud set that as main focus in 2016

Back