Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
There, I said it. :(

The look is simply horrendous.

• Flat
  • Bad colors
  • Too big (This is the worst part)
There is nothing to this new look that is more decorative or useful than the previous look in any way at all.

If this is the way the new HUD is shaping up overall, then you, sirs, are not improving the game, you are killing it.

There is simply no kind way for me to spin this.

EDIT:
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited:
Care to post a picture by any chance for all of us who cannot log in at this time? :)

sure thing

misstrack.jpg

Agree, it's horrible and invasive; better and better the one before imho.
DRM

And a third has nothing... "1000", "10,000", "12.000"

And a third has nothing... "1000", "10,000", "12.000"

No wonder MA screw up on textures all the time, they have different programmers doing the same code lol

Rgds

Ace

One divider is a comma, the other a full stop???!??

Very odd

or no divider at all!
But those are just details - just look at the way it looks overall.
My thought straight away was: you've GOT to be kidding me! It reminds me of the 1980s!

What country hosts these devs again? I thought it was somewhere fairly modern, with education, training and such like. The standard of work presented here is simply pathetic imho!

No wonder MA screw up on textures all the time, they have different programmers doing the same code lol

Rgds

Ace

Should we show them the ctrl-c and ctrl-v commands (depending on the text editor)? :rolleyes:

But it was alot more important to do that then to fix the game sound, its been broken for some guns for 1 year now? are they aiming for new World Record of broken game sound?

Feels kind of odd for them to update it so soon again, the one they hade before the update already shared the same gui style as all the other new guis.... dosnt really make sense to me.

Should we show them the ctrl-c and ctrl-v commands (depending on the text editor)? :rolleyes:

It does make you wander if they have any kind of quality control at all.

Rgds

Ace

Completely agree.

The worst part for me is when I stop to think how this change actually happened.

Either Some guy at the office just decides to change the look for no reason at all. Never mind it does not jive with the existing theme.

Or, A group of people got together and actually agreed this was needed, as a group, and walked away with this being accepted as a good expenditure of resources.

In both situations the management has some major problems at hand, and it just goes to show a continued major disconnect between the developers and actual game play.

Completely agree.

The worst part for me is when I stop to think how this change actually happened.

Either Some guy at the office just decides to change the look for no reason at all. Never mind it does not jive with the existing theme.

Or, A group of people got together and actually agreed this was needed, as a group, and walked away with this being accepted as a good expenditure of resources.

In both situations the management has some major problems at hand, and it just goes to show a continued major disconnect between the developers and actual game play.

It was a late meeting at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon.

Feels kind of odd for them to update it so soon again, the one they hade before the update already shared the same gui style as all the other new guis.... dosnt really make sense to me.

how many different gui styles does this game have now?
5? 7? :scratch2:

It cracks me up after all these years that people still think they might have any kind of consistent process and procedure and are surprised every vu when it demonstrates they clearly do not :laugh:

same as it ever was
same as it ever was
same as it ever was

What drives me MAD about updates is not the looks , is not how terrible the decisions they make could be but this :

FOR ANY CHANGE YOU MAKE , MAKE IT GOOD , SO YOU DON'T NEED TO FIX IT , AGAIN! :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

They spend so much time on fixing the new mistakes and the frekin looks , when they could spend time answering and solving REAL PROBLEMS and needs ...

Obvious quote of the day , that doesn't apply for MA : If something works, don't change it ! :dunce:

A group of people got together and actually agreed this was needed, as a group, and walked away with this being accepted as a good expenditure of resources.

Was thinking the same the other day.

All good new games start out with enthusiasm and passion, devs are often ingame and know about all the finesses and problems of the game-play from their own fist hand experience.

20051222PEMovieAwardsMadnessMarcoinvokesLootius.jpg
marcokickingass.JPG

After a few years the novelty wears out, there will be new owners, new developers, new priorities and nobody has the time for the actual game any more. Have seen it go down the exact same path with several different games. In a hindsight - this trend is not only sad and irritating it's also very dangerous. :(

Somebody should wake em up before it's too late...

There's another possibility - intern(s) who for some reason can't be booted but who cannot be assigned anything serious either, so need to be kept busy with stuff like this.

• Flat
  • Bad colors
There is nothing to this new look that is more decorative or useful than the previous look in any way at all.

If this is the way the new HUD is shaping up overall, then you, sirs, are not improving the game, you are killing it.

I second this

Mega Amateurs always fix or change something that doesn't need to be changed.
Change select target instead or remove it.
If only some of you would actually look what is going on in the game.

• Flat
  • Bad colors

Not sure why but when I saw it this morning when logging in I thought to myself: This looks so Windows 10!

I was very disappointed when I logged on last night to see the new mission tracker. So big. My screen layout doesn't work out at all now. Will probably have to stop using that window or drastically cut back the number of missions I am actively tracking.

Definitely a step backwards this release.

I have to agree, the new mission tracker interface is not thought threw!
Even on a 2560x1440 resolution I think it is annoyingly big now!
Bring the old one back which fits with the rest of the new GUI.

Can you please focus on harmonizing all the GUI instead of changing bits here and there to make a ton of different styles............. Gawd, do you ever learn from your mistakes?

I play at 10320x1440 width resolution and have all windows open all the time on left and right screens.

Slash of UI styles suck, but I know they can't help themselves.
You can't learn what isn't there ;)

entropia supports that resolution? how? using multiple monitors and a program to makw it think its one?

I have one 18' laptop. So I need to fit everything onto one screen.

Back