Question: Is this true?!?

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
I've read in this thread this theory:

The fap has been used for a very long time at maxed tier 0, so it tier1 ready... and im pretty sure it it will be ready for tier2 once I tier the lvl1. (as tier continue to go even if u dont tier it

This is the first time I hear that and TBH I highly doubt it to be true.

So... can anyone confirm this... does it happen with someone that after tiering up an item to see it going up right away from x.9 to (x+a).0 (for example from 0.9 to more than 1.0)?!?

nope it does not work like that at all, when tiering system was launched you could get a few tier ticks higher higher when tiering the item for exsample from 0.9 to 1.3 etc, but now adays it just goes from 0.9 to 1.0

Reactions: DoA
you could get a few tier ticks higher higher when tiering the item for exsample from 0.9 to 1.3 etc, but now adays it just goes from 0.9 to 1.0

It still works like that, check out last posts in Auktuma's thread.

But that's a combination of Tier Upgrader profession and luck, and has nothing to do with using the UL item at x.9 (where it really doesn't progress anymore).

It still works like that, check out last posts in Auktuma's thread.

But that's a combination of Tier Upgrader profession and luck, and has nothing to do with using the UL item at x.9 (where it really doesn't progress anymore).

I can confirm it has always worked like that, this is where tier upgrading proffession really kicks in giving higher chance of hitting up to 1.3
But using item at .9 does not increase that chance or does not tier further at all.

Soko

nope it does not work like that at all, when tiering system was launched you could get a few tier ticks higher higher when tiering the item for exsample from 0.9 to 1.3 etc, but now adays it just goes from 0.9 to 1.0
It might still go higher than 1.0 every now and then, it was always random (maybe depends on item lvl/tier Vs. your tiering skills as well).
Anyway, this observation might have created the illusion that tier keeps growing after it reaches x.9.

Two reason why it can't be true:
There's a message that explicitly warns you that tiers will not grow until you go and tier your item up. If tiering would still go on "in the background" then this message would be misleading.

If "tiering in the background" would actually exist then items left untiered for years (and there's loads of these) should reach the next tier instantly (i.e. from 0.9 to 1.8 or 1.9). This never happens. What we can observe is quite the opposite, there's never any noticeable difference for items that reached x.9 today and 3 years ago.

Thank you for answering! :)

+repped everyone that answered, except Fifth who I had +repped too recently in the past

It might still go higher than 1.0 every now and then, it was always random (maybe depends on item lvl/tier Vs. your tiering skills as well

Its a common misconception that it depends on tier numer you are tiering to or from ie t0 at tir 100 to t1 at tir 40, or other way round, that this item can jump few extra ticks. I thought so myself for some time but after numerous items tiered and reading auktuma's posts i believe it only depends on your skill and success percentage.

/Soko

Shagadi 2.9 went to 3.2

Its a common misconception that it depends on tier numer you are tiering to or from ie t0 at tir 100 to t1 at tir 40, or other way round, that this item can jump few extra ticks. I thought so myself for some time ...
Absolutely agree, TIR numbers don't influence anything but tiering speed. Never even thought it could be any different than that. :)
With item lvl I meant more like item class (e.g. Opalo Vs. IMK2). U might need more skills to get this "from 0.9 directly to 1.3" success while tiering IMK2. Maybe, maybe not. This could be a misconception as well...

Only thing we know for certain is that percentage of mats u get back increases with skills. If there's anything else that changes with skills is much harder to figure out.

Absolutely agree, TIR numbers don't influence anything but tiering speed. Never even thought it could be any different than that. :)
With item lvl I meant more like item class (e.g. Opalo Vs. IMK2). U might need more skills to get this "from 0.9 directly to 1.3" success while tiering IMK2. Maybe, maybe not. This could be a misconception as well...

Only thing we know for certain is that percentage of mats u get back increases with skills. If there's anything else that changes with skills is much harder to figure out.

Ofc ofc, i thought i will just point it out.
Item lvl is deffo somewhere in the math. Maybe it is of the price per click or usage of certain material that you get your success rate dependant on. Tiering low cost items vs high cost items i always have better percentage on low cost one which makes sense really.

/Soko

As a side note - I recently tiered my CDF600 from 6.9 and it jumped to 7.2, TIR on 6.9 was lowish (70 or so) and TIR on 7 to 8 is 48. I also gut best possible salvaged materials back which i was very surprised of. So all in all i got lucky, so there is some luck factor too. Will see soon how it is to tier it to t8, currently at 7.8, since the tick its about 70k ped turnover so should be 7.9 quite soon, at least i hope :)

The tiers can jump a point or 2 but has nothing to do with the use it had while at tier x.9
Its funny and sad that someone would try to sell you that story!

This would mean my armor would go to tier 5 or 6 instead of tier 2

I tend to believe that tiering up is a looting event.

When tiering adds an extra 0.1 - 0.3 to the new level, I wondered if that was the equivalent of getting a multiplier.
This is only theory, as I lack comprehensive logs of tiering. However, it seems to fit with many flavors of loot theories (barring the most esoteric ones).

In my limited experience (mostly lower level weapons and armors), I have never seen above 0.3 extra.
I have not noticed items with higher tier costs having an increased chance of getting extra upon upgrading.
(Off the top of my head, I have a Tier Upgrader profession level of about 12.)

it still happens i tiered silverstich and my stolen cyrene armor ... was hoping for a hof but it got from 1.9 to 2.1 and from 0,9 to 1.3 as u minetioned

Still works - last tier went from 1.9 to 2.2
Best was 0.9 to 1.3 for me.

But it has nothing to do with using the Item before tiering at x.9.
It was and is there since the tiering system came up (at least after the last big change on it (no2. item)

cheers

I tend to believe that tiering up is a looting event.

When tiering adds an extra 0.1 - 0.3 to the new level, I wondered if that was the equivalent of getting a multiplier.
This is only theory, as I lack comprehensive logs of tiering. However, it seems to fit with many flavors of loot theories (barring the most esoteric ones).

In my limited experience (mostly lower level weapons and armors), I have never seen above 0.3 extra.
I have not noticed items with higher tier costs having an increased chance of getting extra upon upgrading.
(Off the top of my head, I have a Tier Upgrader profession level of about 12.)

Agree. Higher the skill - higher the CHANCE of "good loot". extra 0.1-0.3.

I'm level 65 on tier upgrader and has been offering tier upgrading service since 2010; I was gonna post stats on tiering but looking that very few care about returns on tiering I postponed that. I read that major factor on tiering is fun to tier item. Np if we pay for our fun :). Peace.

Though there are some old stats I've posted on how it goes on "long run" with extra ticks on tier for low skilled tier upgrader and skilled.

After 100 rounds on upgrading 0.9 tier items to 1.x by socmate (level 4 tier upgrader) and me (level 63 I was that time)
[0.9->1.0] 71(55)
[0.9->1.1] 18(26!!!)
[0.9->1.2] 11(13!)
[0.9->1.3] 0(6!!!!)

i.e I had 16 more items (45 versus 29 on 100 rounds) tiered above 1.0 than low/no skilled tier upgrader.

Last edited:
Back