Easter Mayhem 2016

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
easter_mayhem2016_x930_q70.jpg

Deep within the core of the robot base at Hadesheim lies vital intelligence that could alter the course of the war.

This intelligence is contained within Data Storage Units, or DSUs.

In turn, these DSUs are located within the Core Robots.

It is imperative that these robots be destroyed and the precious DSUs seized from the wreckage!

The CDF will offer rewards to brave colonists who successfully recover the DSUs.

The DSU recovery effort is to begin on Thursday March 24, 14:00 UTC.

I wish you all the very best of luck.

Happy Hunting!
/Brig. General de Sousa

• Event Start: Thursday, March 24, 1400 UTC
  • Event End: Wednesday, March 30, 1400 UTC

All details about The Core - Easter Mayhem 2016 can be found on the Easter Mayhem 2016 event page.

The Core
There are five instance levels to accommodate avatars of various profession levels. All of the instances are accessed by interacting with The Core teleporter inside the EST dropship in Minopolis, and then selecting the instance level you wish to enter.

The Core Level 1
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 01 (Lvl 4)
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 02 (Lvl 7)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 01 (Lvl 6)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 02 (Lvl 9)

The Core Level 2
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 03 (Lvl 9)
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 04 (Lvl 11)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 03 (Lvl 12)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 04 (Lvl 15)

The Core Level 3
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 05 (Lvl 14)
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 06 (Lvl 17)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 05 (Lvl 19)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 06 (Lvl 24)

The Core Level 4
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 07 (Lvl 22)
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 08 (Lvl 26)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 07 (Lvl 31)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 08 (Lvl 39)

The Core Level 5
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 09 (Lvl 32)
  • Core Harbinger Gen. 10 (Lvl 36)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 09 (Lvl 51)
  • Core Eviscerator Gen. 10 (Lvl 58)

There are also reports of several powerful Warlock-class robot bosses inside The Core. Colonists are urged to be prepared for aggressive offensive tactics from these augmented Warlocks. Bunnies (Kanin) will not spawn inside The Core as illustrated.

Scoring
The following point system has been created to track the retrieval of Robot Data Storage Units (DSU):
  • Robot DSU Class 1 (1 point)
  • Robot DSU Class 2 (5 points)
  • Robot DSU Class 3 (10 points)
  • Robot DSU Class 4 (20 points)
  • Robot DSU Class 5 (50 points)
  • Robot DSU Class 6 (100 points)
  • Robot DSU Class 7 (500 points)
  • Robot DSU Class 8 (1000 points)
  • Robot DSU Class 9 (5000 points)

Your event score will be updated automatically each time one of the Data Storage Units is recovered.

Final event scores will be calculated based on hourly point averages to derive each participant's 20-hour normalized event score.

This scoring method removes the need for participants to track time spent in the instances (beyond meeting the 20-hour prize eligibility requirement), removes the risk of participants being inadvertently disqualified from the event for time reasons, and allows all participants to hunt as much as desired in the event instances without giving an unfair advantage to those who are able to hunt for many hours.

Rewards
The colonists accumulating the highest 20-hour normalized point averages during the event period will be awarded the following rewards by Earth Shock Trooper command:

1st Place - CDF XTLC 1000 + 5000 PED Universal Ammo
2nd Place - CDF XTLC 800 + 3000 PED Universal Ammo
3rd Place - CDF XTLC 600 + 2000 PED Universal Ammo
4th Place - CDF XTLC 400 + 1000 PED Universal Ammo
5th Place - CDF XTLC 200 + 500 PED Universal Ammo
6th Place - 4000 PED Universal Ammo
7th Place - 3000 PED Universal Ammo
8th Place - 2000 PED Universal Ammo
9th Place - 1000 PED Universal Ammo
10th Place - 500 PED Universal Ammo

***IMPORTANT*** Participants must complete at least 20 hours in the event instances to qualify for the above prizes.

Bonus Rewards
In addition, all colonists reaching the following event point totals will receive bonus rewards from EST Command:

• 10000 Points - 500 PED Universal Ammo
  • 7500 Points - 375 PED Universal Ammo
  • 5000 Points - 250 PED Universal Ammo
  • 2500 Points - 125 PED Universal Ammo
  • 1000 Points - 50 PED Universal Ammo
Bonus rewards do not have a minimum time requirement.

Rules & Notes
This event is intended for solo hunters. Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

***IMPORTANT*** Do not abandon the mission! If you abandon the mission for any reason, either intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that moment will be lost forever. Support cannot and will not restore points for abandoned missions, regardless of the situation.

Happy Hunting!
The Planet Calypso Dev Team

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, damn and damn again. I really wish I had the equipment to participate!

Event = cool
Event rewards = awesome
Hours for event qualification = bad, why why why? Always more, hr/day goes up - 3.33hr/day to meet 20 hr req
Creature info = half of the creatures don't even exist? Also, why not release damage info like Ark??
No early entry = well, if you aren't going to do the above, at least let us in early to do some testing

Those are my thoughts - good luck all!

You think 20 hrs will be a problem for the top 10 players?

Will shoot some for fun maybe, however fact is there is zero chance of placing top 10 unless you go max lvl instance with top DPS :) Something to strive for!

Hmmm, most likely no...

...But I always try to voice the idea that with a lower time requirement for qualification, you will see a larger participation rate from the population.

Or larger luck faktor, but 20 hours over more days will be good. Until the end of the next weekend.

Middle of the workday? Actually, not even. 10am EST... time zones for the Americas always get shafted. We know the good drops for items and DCUs will occur in the first few hours, as they always do. Sigh.

So let me guess the loot from these things.... Ammo and Shrapnel... I'm calling it. Exactly like MM

So let me guess the loot from these things.... Ammo and Shrapnel... I'm calling it. Exactly like MM

Is there anything potentially profitable added? Any kind limited-edition rings or other consumables that can be sold? Or is it going to be something lame, like Easter fireworks?

Shouldn't there be different prize rewards for each category? It somehow feels that higher categories drop points more often, which makes sense as a experienced player can plow through low categories like no tomorrow and they balance the droprates on that. Like a swimming contest between kids who can barely swim and professional swimmers with only one prize pool.

Event = cool
Event rewards = awesome
Hours for event qualification = bad, why why why? Always more, hr/day goes up - 3.33hr/day to meet 20 hr req
Creature info = half of the creatures don't even exist? Also, why not release damage info like Ark??
No early entry = well, if you aren't going to do the above, at least let us in early to do some testing

Those are my thoughts - good luck all!

Actually, the required hours per day is lower this year compared to last:

Easter Mayhem 2015 (18 Hour Requirement)
Event Start: Thursday, April 2, 1300 UTC
Event End: Tuesday, April 7, 1300 UTC
18h / 6d = 3 hours per day average

Easter Mayhem 2016 (20 Hour Requirement)
Event Start: Thursday, March 24, 1400 UTC
Event End: Wednesday, March 30, 1400 UTC
20h / 7d = 2.857 hours per day average

Shouldn't there be different prize rewards for each category? It somehow feels that higher categories drop points more often, which makes sense as a experienced player can plow through low categories like no tomorrow and they balance the droprates on that. Like a swimming contest between kids who can barely swim and professional swimmers with only one prize pool.

Previous cores has had several top places including Winners from the lower categories, the luck factor is alot bigger since the high maximum lootable DSU and short hours. The high DPS weapons cannot beat the luck in this event, they have a hell of alot bigger chance but its not for certain. Weve shot terminator in many of those core events and seen ourselfs beaten by cat3 smaller stuff.

Dont be discouraged :)

//ALZ

Great event.
I'm sure everyone who loves the game will get some time off to participate.
Good luck everyone !

Lol if that is all you looted from mm, then you're bad at this game. There was a lot of items, outputs, and such.

For this, it'll be robot parts and items. May or may not have any outputs.

The high DPS weapons cannot beat the luck in this event, they have a hell of alot bigger chance but its not for certain.

Dont be discouraged :)

//ALZ

Absolutely true. If you jump from an airplane with a parachute you have a lot bigger chance to survive compared to jumping naked. But, you see, it is not sure - coz luck matters.
Don't be discouraged to give your PED for the rewards of the top players alts.

1st Place - CDF XTLC 1000 + 5000 PED Universal Ammo
2nd Place - CDF XTLC 800 + 3000 PED Universal Ammo
3rd Place - CDF XTLC 600 + 2000 PED Universal Ammo
4th Place - CDF XTLC 400 + 1000 PED Universal Ammo
5th Place - CDF XTLC 200 + 500 PED Universal Ammo

Where's the laser pistols with the skill bonus to match these carbines? :rolleyes:

Absolutely true. If you jump from an airplane with a parachute you have a lot bigger chance to survive compared to jumping naked. But, you see, it is not sure - coz luck matters.
Don't be discouraged to give your PED for the rewards of the top players alts.

I came tenth shooting termi and Winners was smaller cats and smaller guns; https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?268222-Robot-Mayhem-2-Results&highlight=results

I shot terminator and wasnt in the top10;
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?260769-Robot-Mayhem-1-Results&highlight=results

Shot terminator and did well but check the names on the winnerlist, not all are superhighend with top DPS;
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?271871-Robot-Mayhem-3-Results&highlight=results

its a lottery, the one who buys the most tickets has the best chance to win, but its not like youre jumping without a parachute that was jsut a silly comparison......ofc if no gear and no skills you cant expect to win but really thats not the way a competition is intended ???

Grab a gun and go defend calypso from nasty robots instead of Reading this here :)

Awesome event... but... why no BLP weapons this year??

Err.... thanks for reply, but let's calculate this correctly

Easter Mayhem 2015 (18 Hour Requirement)
Thursday, April 2, 1300 UTC to Tuesday, April 7, 1300 UTC = 120 hours = 5 days
18 hours / 5 days = 3.60 hours per day average

Easter Mayhem 2016 (20 Hour Requirement)
Thursday, March 24, 1400 UTC to Wednesday, March 30, 1400 UTC = 144 hours = 6 days
20 hours / 6 days = 3.33 hours per day average

So, yea you are correct - less hours per day then previous --> NICE
I guess I was just hoping for ~2 hours per day or ~12 hour requirement :)

If you are shooting for a less than 3 hours per day requirement, maybe you should extend the event!?!?!

I completely agree. 3 hours a day, especially during a holiday where many people spend extra amounts of time with family, is a lot for me and for others also (I bet).

Great event.
I'm sure everyone who loves the game will get some time off to participate.
Good luck everyone !

I think you are mistaken. I love the game, been around for over a decade, but I cannot make this game my life. I'm sure I am not the only one that has to juggle long hours at work, family, and other obligations which makes playing 3 hours a day during a big holiday for most hard or impossible. Since I do celebrate Easter, I cannot fathom the idea of telling my fiance that I will be playing a PC game for 3 hours every day over the whole Easter timeframe instead of spending time with family members or doing other stuff instead. That's why I get bummed out around these holiday-specific events. They should run longer so those who cannot sacrifice the time during holidays for playing Entropia, can still have a fair shot at competing. I don't see how this event can't be run from Thursday to the following Sunday, but that's just me.

Cool, fun event, but will cld returns go up or down?

I think you are mistaken. I love the game, been around for over a decade, but I cannot make this game my life. I'm sure I am not the only one that has to juggle long hours at work, family, and other obligations which makes playing 3 hours a day during a big holiday for most hard or impossible. Since I do celebrate Easter, I cannot fathom the idea of telling my fiance that I will be playing a PC game for 3 hours every day over the whole Easter timeframe instead of spending time with family members or doing other stuff instead. That's why I get bummed out around these holiday-specific events. They should run longer so those who cannot sacrifice the time during holidays for playing Entropia, can still have a fair shot at competing. I don't see how this event can't be run from Thursday to the following Sunday, but that's just me

I am in complete agreement with this. I am a computer programmer. I don't work 8 hour days...hell, with travel time, I am away 12 hours on weekdays. That and a toddler makes it tough for me to dedicate 3+ hours a day for a week straight. I love the game, but no, we can't all just find the time for this.

Lol if that is all you looted from mm, then you're bad at this game. There was a lot of items, outputs, and such.

For this, it'll be robot parts and items. May or may not have any outputs.

Then you must have lost a lot of money. You would get a crappy component once in a while. Unless you placed, you lost money. Just wait for your comback of "NO I DIDN'T... proceeds to tell me how they didn't

Yea, if they want to keep the 20 hours, then so be it...

Calypso, just extend the event duration!!!

I don't see a big deal in doing so??? Seems like if event areas are open for shooting, PED cycled for Caly increases (Halloween, Core) - Am I missing something on how this would negatively effect Caly revenue? (maybe TT return is different for event mobs? IDK, trying to think out of the box)

Well the longer the event the more people that will get to 10k points and get the free ammo.
That is bad for caly (and CLD) revenue.

Well the longer the event the more people that will get to 10k points and get the free ammo.
That is bad for caly (and CLD) revenue.

Yeah, wonder if we'll have a 0 PED payout.

Seems like if event areas are open for shooting, PED cycled for Caly increases (Halloween, Core) - Am I missing something on how this would negatively effect Caly revenue? (maybe TT return is different for event mobs? IDK, trying to think out of the box)

You are missing the MASSIVE storm about how bonuses are apparently taken out of revenue before revenue actually gets called Caly revenue. The result of all the bonuses paid to players (solo and team) for Merry Mayhem was that there was no revenue at all to be shared out to CLD holders. It was suspected, of course, that MA still took income, however, just that their planet partner company of Caly effectively booked in a big fat zero, or worse, with still no statement with further details.

Back