FYI: Unsupported OS

Win 10, 64-bit also - getting the warning, but works just fine.

HINT: maybe it's because I'm enrolled in the windows insider program and I have a newer build than the officially released one?

Last edited:
Ah, there is a warning, I didn't even notice it :)

DoA, unlikely, I have an ordinary Win 10 pro with all the latest public updates.

In the client loader I get a note now:

Everything is 64-bit today even Android is 64-bit on the new smartphones.

Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows. Ever.

Which makes Windows 10 64-bit THE version that should be supported even if no other version is...

In my opinion is Windows 10 that should support older versions, and it does because it look like it works, and after more people have Windows 10, of coerce should make their software to support Windows 10. But I think many still are running windows 7 and are happy about that. (I do)

So yea. Windows 7 is the most recent fully functional version of Windows. Sadly it is also no longer supported by its creators, making it one monolithic security hole.

There is lots of hope that Windows 10 will be incrementally revised into something just as good. For now, just tweak it to minimize its habit of functioning as a bittorrent seeder, then roll with it.

I'm running 10/64 without issues. There is something in the edge of my mind reminding me that there exist other malfunctions which generate that note about "unsupported operating system", wish I could remember how they happen. tl;dr: there may or may not be a problem, and if there is, it's not Windows this time.

Been on Win 10 64 for ages, never had any such warning previously. I am running the Entropia 64 bit client

Last edited:
So yea. Windows 7 is the most recent fully functional version of Windows. Sadly it is also no longer supported by its creators, making it one monolithic security hole.

Windows 7 is still supported (by Microsoft), and will be for a few (2?) more years.

Windows XP has been out of support for some time now though, and if I recall right Vista recently got out of support. (Interestingly, neither XP nor Vista is freely upgradeble to Windows 10).

Back