Help: Arkadia Land Area 04 needs a new name, needing opinions :)

Starkiller

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
This thread was already started on Arkadia forums however I am also opening it here so that more people can send me suggestions and discuss about it!

I want the LA's name to be sober, in the sense that it should fit within the immersive environment of Arkadia, while trying to retain some sort of personal relation to it's current owner (myself). Somethign short and catchy.

By all means, if your name does not correspond to the vision above, feel free to post it anyway, as all suggestions are welcome :) I might even change my mind if it's that cool :p

The items I have for inspiration at the moment are:

Mist - LA is mostly surrounded by mist up in the north;
Caligo - Another expression for heavy mist or fog;
Caligem - Portuguese expression for Caligo (heavy fog or heavy mist);
Haze - Another mist expression;
Kulokhar - Region's name;
Khorudoul - Fortress town in the region (inside Smuggler territory from what I was told);
Cryo - indicating low temperature; frost, cold, or freezing:
Nix - Snow in latin;
Glacier - Frosty zone;
Tundra - Low temperature biome;

I also took some random imagery to give some ambience feel of the LA to see if people get inspired by something:

sem-t%C3%ADtulo-png.2038
sem-t%C3%ADtulo3-png.2039
sem-t%C3%ADtulo5-png.2040
sem-t%C3%ADtulo6-png.2041

These rocky formations are located NW of the LA and seem to be one of the more specific terrain features in existance in it. I also noticed they only exist near the LA and nowhere else on Arkadia's Map.

345-png.2037
sem-t%C3%ADtulo7-png.2042

Some have called them fjords, others eskers... I am quite divided as to what they really are, and would really like to know!

There have already been quite a few names I liked and made some sense, and here's a list:
  • Starkiller's Reach;
  • Kulokhar's Reach;
  • Starkiller's Prospect;
  • Kulokhar's Prospect;
  • Kulokhar Fjords;
  • Starkiller's Fjords;

I will be creating, just like on the Arkadia forums, a poll later to assess what people like best :)

Also, thank you all in advance for cooperating.

P.S.: sorry for the picture sizing but wasn't being able to create the thumbnails for some reason :S

Avoid personalizing it and avoid naming it after mobs. Hurts any resale value. Tying it to lore is best.

Avoid personalizing it and avoid naming it after mobs. Hurts any resale value. Tying it to lore is best.

I agree.

I fapped few times there, i like "fjord " in the name.

you fould make an oxymoron and use two words that are in antithesis each other :

like "Warm frozen fjord" or something

Just name it with a description where it can be found, because I guess its the only option that bring the LA-value up with helping customers to find it when they see globals or rares in chat

Just name it with a description where it can be found, because I guess its the only option that bring the LA-value up with helping customers to find it when they see globals or rares in chat

Descriptions are not permitted with the free renaming. Mine were stripped.

Not that needed on Arkadia when we have chat channels anyway.

Yep I see your point on the suggestion ;)

I agree.

I fapped few times there, i like "fjord " in the name.

you fould make an oxymoron and use two words that are in antithesis each other :

like "Warm frozen fjord" or something

Perhaps Niflheim Fjords? Would like to get the ingame lore in the name too though, so might keep it at Sentosa's Niflheim...

As stated previously, it can't be done, and quite frankly, I was initially trying to go away from that line of thought, so yeah :p

Butt Plug Land
Thanks, but no thanks, Would prefer constructive suggestions :)

tbh the picture with the so called fjords feels somewhat off.

fjords are deep valleys carved by glaciers typically with an U-profile, these look more like icy ledges.

• Nilfheim Ice Ledges
  • Kulokar Icy Ledge

Kulokhars Glacier

It is not a glacier though. I would also avoid not putting anything in the name which requires cross language explanation. Keep it simple.

Kulokhar Ridge or your play on sentosa would be sufficient. Add to the lore of Arkadia. Most of all, have a name that YOU would be proud of. After all, you'll need the energy from the name to market it.

Fjord Overland Dimlight Arkadia - Starkiller Edition

Don't just use the initials :laugh:

Bumping it up to get more feedback :)

Sorry I haven't replied earlier however i underwent knee surgery and have been quite unable to even use the laptop for more than 5 minutes :p

Nah, I would advise you to do the exact opposite of:
Avoid personalizing it

Starkiller's Reach is a catchy name and has a nice ring to it. If you succeed in making it a popular destination it will be your doing all the way. Just make it big and dare to be proud about it. And before u go all modest and oh so politically correct, remember "Starkiller" is NOT your real name. It's just a nickname you took for your avatar in a video game, and quite possibly you even had a thought who knows, maybe I will become somebody in this virtual world and make this nickname famous?
So, this is the day, and that's exactly what you should be doing. Make your name big, become a legend. That's the whole idea, nothing wrong with this.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is just silly. The moment u start taking yourself too seriously, it's all gone terribly wrong. In the end of the day we're all playing some role in here anyway. Nobody is 100% who he is in the real life. It's just that some are doing it knowingly while others are unaware they're doing it.

Svarog's "Niflheim" seems pretty cool and fitting. That would be the second best imo. Too bad 99% of your future customers will never know this word has a meaning. Unless u post a backstory somewhere on the forums and they actually bother to read it... which is not likely.

Last edited:
By all means, if your name does not correspond to the vision above, feel free to post it anyway, as all suggestions are welcome :)

get_off_my_land.jpg

You did say all suggestions welcome.

This uses reverse psychology, not sure this has been tested much in Land Area ownership.

I dont want any %, and if you dont use this suggestion, someone else might. :)

Whatever you call it, good luck with it. :thumbup:

Starkillers, The Frozen Ultimacy, or S.T.F.U for short ;)

Nah, I would advise you to do the exact opposite of:

Starkiller's Reach is a catchy name and has a nice ring to it. If you succeed in making it a popular destination it will be your doing all the way. Just make it big and dare to be proud about it. And before u go all modest and oh so politically correct, remember "Starkiller" is NOT your real name. It's just a nickname you took for your avatar in a video game, and quite possibly you even had a thought who knows, maybe I will become somebody in this virtual world and make this nickname famous?
So, this is the day, and that's exactly what you should be doing. Make your name big, become a legend. That's the whole idea, nothing wrong with this.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is just silly. The moment u start taking yourself too seriously, it's all gone terribly wrong. In the end of the day we're all playing some role in here anyway. Nobody is 100% who he is in the real life. It's just that some are doing it knowingly while others are unaware they're doing it.

Svarog's "Niflheim" seems pretty cool and fitting. That would be the second best imo. Too bad 99% of your future customers will never know this word has a meaning. Unless u post a backstory somewhere on the forums and they actually bother to read it... which is not likely.

I am inclined to think the same way as you Fifth :) Im digging the Starkiller's Reach due to the ability of me making some lore for arkadia of my own to some extent, even considering the "money factor" everyone seems to account above everything else in the game :p...

Although, Sentosa's Niflheim doesn't sound so bad either, or Arkadia's Niflheim... If there are weapons named after other language references, why not LAs too :) Nobody asks why a Genesis Arcspark is called that way, however it sure sounds fancy hehe

get_off_my_land.jpg

You did say all suggestions welcome.

This uses reverse psychology, not sure this has been tested much in Land Area ownership.

I dont want any %, and if you dont use this suggestion, someone else might. :)

Whatever you call it, good luck with it. :thumbup:

While I do see the point with the idea, I don't really think it would even be accepted by the officials :p Maybe on Calypso, but Arkadia needs a more immersive name ;)

Starkillers, The Frozen Ultimacy, or S.T.F.U for short ;)

:D Just :D

I have a poll running on the Ark forums in case anyone can go out there and vote , added some new options and left the most voted thus far :) I'd be much obliged!

Last edited:
Bumping it up for a bit of awareness,

Im really inclined for Starkiller's / Sentosa's Reach / Niflheim at this moment :)

Lemme know what you guys think!

Hmmm

I am not very creative but I like:

"Starkiller's Point"

(simple and easy to remember..LOL )

Good Luck with your LA too! :yay: :beerchug:

I am not very creative but I like:

"Starkiller's Point"

(simple and easy to remember..LOL )

Good Luck with your LA too! :yay: :beerchug:
I like that one too, but I think I will be going a different direction ;) Although I am still pondering it.

Star Watch
The connotation doesn't sound right for some reason, but i kinda like it :D

I think after much deliberation, and taking into consideration everyone who helped me out, I am going to suggest the Devs to name the LA Sentosa's Reach for it's relation to Arkadia and special map features.

The alternative would be related to my avatar's name and since those were barely popular I will be consireding using it. the Suggestions that stuck on my head was: Starkiller's Point.

Kulokhar Fjords, even though the most popular choice on the poll, is not very geographicaly accurate, and those who know what fjords are can tell they are not fjords (I know, it's too cool to pass out on, but have to for the sake of correctness)

Will keep people posted on the matter!

Again, thank you all for all the help and feedback, and I hope you guys will be satisfied with the end result.

How about "Glacial Haze of Khorudoul" ?

Would look pretty neat in a global-message

Back