President of Virtual Reality: Voting has ended - what happens next?

It is more than a little pointless to congratulate on the winning of an "election" which wasn't one, not even in a simulation. What they were thinking with this will remain in the dark until they deign to explain themselves, which might not happen if they believe that doing so would defeat the purpose. Were they seriously expecting more candidates to place a $1000 bet on such a shaky prospect? Maybe they didn't, but also couldn't justify to simply announce it and had to create this show.

However, to be appointed some, any kind of leadership role does not come out of a vacuum, and I congratulate Mr. Neverdie on that. What kind of role this unfolds to be will be a thing to watch. Some bold claims put out so far may appear unrealistic, but if they serve to reach a compromise which wouldn't have been possible if not for aiming much higher, then I'm game. Billions of jobs require even more billions of customers to sustain them, but before you start making babies as if you had to colonize a virgin planet, think about where their livelihood is going to come from. However if the truth ends up somewhere in between, something has been achieved.

Disclaimer: I'm not heavily invested in CLD's or in-game assets and therefore have no grounds to worry about loss of revenue if they screw up royally.

a bit strange to vote for a "Player" who's not even very active in the Forum where most active Players are member and who's not even able to fix Aimbugs on lots of Mobs on his own Planet.

But i dont care much about the election, there is not much he can change coz MA still has their own ideas of how the Game should be, and a President of a virtual Universe can't do anything against (doesnt matter who it is).
MA has Rules they will never change, but now they have maybe scapegoat.
GL :)

The "agenda" from the appointed president doesn't look very detailed.

Jon has promised us millions of jobs :yay:

A faint bell rings in my head about MA planning to add factories in the past.
As the uber grinders we are maybe it will come true. Standing at machines clicking a button in a huge factory.
But what products will we be making?

But first I wan't to hear a motivating speech to the citizens of the Universe by the newly elected president.

President of virtual reality.

That would prolly start with the question "who belongs the internet"

Who is authorized to make such an election even?

The big it companies? A council of country leaders?

The united nations?

mindark pe ab with its somewhat 50 employee?

What would be the best way to start such to even gain acceptance? Are people in todays world situation even willing to take more leader or rulership? Specially if it starts as somewhat campaign of a company?

Good luck, i hope it gets more acceptance than that castle dresdenskull thing.

This idea was an:

ABSOLUTE FAIL

Just some facts about this:

- Idea pulled out of someones ass. :hammer:

- One candidate(now winner) having his website 2 months prior to announcement :popcorn:

- Facebook voting (LOOOOL):duh:

- Candidates B and C (DOUBLE LOOOOL):dunce:

- The winner is an Ego Hunter, who always needs attention :tux:

Well I have news for you Neverdie, you are not the president of any virtual universe. Just because you write it on facebook and on some forum but dont worry, it will be OK :better:

Oh btw, I AM THE PRESIDENT OF THE MILKY WAY GALAXY. :bowdown: (How do you like them apples :nutkick: )

I hope I dont see any of this crap in the future, it just pisses me off...

Billions of jobs require even more billions of customers to sustain them,

The nature of the jobs need to be defined before anything can be claimed.

This idea was an:

ABSOLUTE FAIL

- One candidate(now winner) having his website 2 months prior to announcement :popcorn:

Well I have news for you Neverdie, you are not the president of any virtual universe. Just because you write it on facebook and on some forum but dont worry, it will be OK :better:

Oh btw, I AM THE PRESIDENT OF THE MILKY WAY GALAXY. :bowdown: (How do you like them apples :nutkick: )

I hope I dont see any of this crap in the future, it just pisses me off...

The funniest part is a ND post about how democratic, all this is.

Sorry but. Lol.

This idea was an:

ABSOLUTE FAIL

Plenty of great ideas have originated from the rectal cavity!

It makes sense that all Planet Partners were notified in advance. If you think Planet Partners should have been banned from the election, this is MA's fault, can't blame Neverdie

I don't like this either :( But it makes sense from a marketing standpoint...

I have no words for this. Except that I am relieved that this PR stunt is not directly related to EU, it saves us some embarrassment :dunce:

I don't know ND personally so I can't comment, but he seemed to put a lot of work into this "election", silly as it may have been. I'm glad we have a President that works hard! :wise:

10 characters

ABSOLUTE FAIL

What makes you think it was a fail? I've noticed a massive influx of new rocktropians recently (easy to spot them, as they start on Caly nowadays and squeal why the hell they aren't on RT), so looks like a success to me :rolleyes:

What makes you think it was a fail? I've noticed a massive influx of new rocktropians recently (easy to spot them, as they start on Caly nowadays and squeal why the hell they aren't on RT), so looks like a success to me :rolleyes:

Eh ? so how do they get to RT then , thats not good really if someone really wants to start on RT , not good for ND either .

Eh ? so how do they get to RT then , thats not good really if someone really wants to start on RT , not good for ND either .

They need to talk to travel agent npc in one of towers at Port Atlantis, it teleports them to RT for free (one-time offer). Not sure about ND, but for the players it's great, because they can grab all the freebies from the starting missions (especially the Vivo S10 fap) before leaving to RT.

Of course there is a risk that once they are on Caly they might decide against going to RT. But many of those I met were so determined to reach the sweet vices of RT, they didn't even care for Caly freebies :D

I don't see how that is a fail. Any attention ND gains from this is also attention for EU.

This idea was an:

ABSOLUTE FAIL

In conjunction with assuming Presidency of VR, NEVERDIE Jacobs has been selected to attend the Singularity University Executive Program where he will join a community of innovators from around the world working together to understand utilize the exponential advances in technology, science and medicine to address global challenges. The Singularity University was co-founded by celebrated futurist Ray Kurzweil who is now the Director of Engineering at Google and Peter Diamandis who is also the founder of XPrize foundation.

yeah what a complete waste of time.

In conjunction with assuming Presidency of VR, NEVERDIE Jacobs has been selected to attend the Singularity University Executive Program where he will join a community of innovators from around the world working together to understand utilize the exponential advances in technology, science and medicine to address global challenges. The Singularity University was co-founded by celebrated futurist Ray Kurzweil who is now the Director of Engineering at Google and Peter Diamandis who is also the founder of XPrize foundation.
And he indeed has a message well worth this respectable society:
"Virtual reality is the greatest discovery since America and there are no limits to how great it can become," stated NEVERDIE Jacobs in his first official remarks. "Humanity must keep pace with Artificial Intelligence as it's essential to replace the jobs that are being lost. We can only win the first battle by acting fast and investing in virtual infrastructure to create new jobs. Most importantly the borders are open for all entrepreneurs, pioneers, refugees and even real world governments looking to address the disruption caused by rapidly advancing technology."
Yahoo

Last edited:
Where was that message posted? Thanks for sharing.

EDIT:

I found the articles on the http://voteneverdie.com/ news feed. There is an RSS feed to the blog where the articles are posted. Perhaps we could get a news bot to pick these feeds up so we can discuss the articles?

http://voteneverdie.com/feed/

Last edited:
this entire thing was epic fail, but it would have had infinitely more merit if it at least would've been a legitimate voting process

voting only on facefuck, where lots of people can't participate, and a ridiculous registration fee that shoos away people who would've been interested in candidating, creating "billions of jobs" (why even mention a fucking number!?! why not just say "creating jobs"), candidate b and c?!?! - mind(ark)baffling:scratch2: and not legitimate in the slightest

I can't help but ROFL when I think......"Titles" for sale coming to the auction soon. Watch this space.

People will pay. Lord of Port Atlantis....lol.

Grand Lord of Ithaca...maybe I buy that :p

Rick

edit...LOL...still laughing, that tickled me.

AHAHAHAAAA

but don't give them ideas like that... I'd buy a title if I could :scared:

Lord of Camp Icarus... the noobs would be astonished to see me strut

"Through wide adoption of avatar skills as currency and a unified commitment to a secure global virtual goods marketplace, we can instantly disrupt the multibillion dollar video game industry to the point where people will choose the games to play based upon how much they can earn for their time and skills playing. This model will lead to massive increase in the GNP of Virtual Reality Worlds and fuel the trillion dollar VR industry, ultimately benefiting developers, users and investors alike."

Are you joking! Which games companies are going to allow that to happen?

Entropia Universe will become the first Virtual Reality platform and Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) to become self-governed by its user base.

and when exactly did this happen? Only people on facebook for over 1 year voted and MA didn't follow up on the in game voting system.

Last edited:

yeah what a complete waste of time.

Check it out here: http://singularityu.org/executive-program/

It's a course. You pay for it(actually if you deposit here, you really might be paying for it, haha, because it seems(not completely sure) MA might be "paying" for it so that Neverdie can attend it). So actually it IS a complete waste of time. :saint:

Back